main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Social ∋●∈ The Sith Academy ∋●∈ Welcome all new fans of the Dark Side!

Discussion in 'Welcome New Users' started by Darth Dreadwar, Mar 25, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nehru_Amidala

Nehru_Amidala Force Ghost star 7

Oct 3, 2016
    I love fractured fairy tales.

Halle Dray likes this.
  2. QueenSabe7

QueenSabe7 Chosen One star 6

Mar 23, 2001
  3. Lady_Belligerent

Lady_Belligerent Queen of the RPF, SWC, C&P, and Pancakes & Waffles star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 29, 2008
    Where do you guys find those gifs? I'm always impressed by them...

4. QueenSabe7

Mar 23, 2001

I always just google image search what I'm looking for and add "gif" to the end. :p For that one it was "nearing the end gif" lol.

5. Nehru_Amidala

Oct 3, 2016
  6. DarthIshyZ

DarthIshyZ Chosen One star 8

Jan 8, 2005
    That's spooky, Hekate!

7. Nehru_Amidala

Oct 3, 2016
    Well, I wanted to post a cool gif as well, so here I am.

Dagobahsystem and DarthIshyZ like this.
  8. Dagobahsystem

Dagobahsystem Chosen One star 10

Sep 25, 2015
  9. Nehru_Amidala

Oct 3, 2016
    Nausicaa! Awesome movie and an even better manga.

greyjedi125 and Dagobahsystem like this.
  10. SkooterDawg

SkooterDawg Jedi Knight star 2

Dec 21, 2016
    This was a, difficult, challenge to say the least, especially with school and sports (and my own procrastination at times, I will admit), and because I'm honestly not that familiar with Harry Potter ('twas my uncle that led me to being a Lord of the Rings fan instead). I will say that it's still a delightful task to undertake, and I appreciate learning about wizards. I can't guarantee I'll match anyone right, but I certainly tried. I'm sorry I couldn't get everyone; many where just really far stretches for comparisons and it was difficult at times to find characters that matched (who had enough info to match a Sith). I did read very good character sheets, though. I have a track meet to do (and my phone is almost dead) so this is all I have to post today. Y'all enjoy.
    God Emperor: I felt that I couldn't give the God Emperor Voldemort, partly because Ishy gave it as an example, and partly because I thought it would have been too obvious anyway. I decided to compare to Salazar Slytherin, one of the Founders of Hogwarts. It is described (in his Wikipedia entry) that his influence is still felt in the school. Obviously, one that founded the (seemingly, in my novice eyes) evil Slytherin compares to the leader of the New Sith.
    Dawn Herald: Alecto Carrow was a teacher during Snape's time, and was a Death Eater. While the Dawn Herald and Night Herald are spouses and not siblings, it seemed to me a good way to pair them. Lady Belligerent's incident of ripping the intestines out of two apprentices in NST II is a severe punishment, and it says that Carrow was tasked with doing such.
    Night Herald: Amycus Carrow- much the same as the Dawn Herald's.
    Darth Kralkus: Since I wasn't able to get everybody the way I wished, I decided to do a couple more NST II characters. Kralkus is a tiny, crazy, yet powerful force user and dueler. This is similar to Flitwick. Here is a description of Filius Flitwick (per his wiki page) that pairs nicely with Kralkus:
    "Speaking of eccentrics, you'll like our Head of house, Professor Filius Flitwick. People often underestimate him, because he's really tiny (we think he's part elf, but we've never been rude enough to ask) and he's got a squeaky voice, but he's the best and most knowledgeable Charms master alive in the world today."
    Darth Manticore: Your match is Antonin Dolohov, who tortured many a Muggle. Manticore is described as being a killing machine himself. Manticore went through major failure in the Battle of Mortis, as Dolohov did when he was sentenced to life in prison (later escaping) at Azkaban.
    Darth Cruor: Reading your character sheet, especially where it said "the downfall of civilizations, the ruin of Orders both Sith and Jedi alike. His actions served to cull the strong from society, spread instability and chaos, and herald the coming into power of the New Sith Empire" made me want to give you the honor (I hope you don't mind) of being Voldemort. Cruor's description of being an intimidating, black figure seemed to match well.
    Darth Hesper: I matched Hesper with Bellatrix Lestrange. Bellatrix was fiercely loyal to Voldemort, one of his most powerful, and (according to something in Rowling's play) had a secret child name Delphi with Voldemort. Hesper was fiercely in love with Naren, even when she killed him and used him. They also had a secret child together (though Hesper's does not live).
    Darth Syren: Dolores Umbridge was a professor who was generally hated by students, and loved to be mean to those students. She hated her Muggle mother and knew that she was better than her. Her mother ended up fleeing, never being heard from again. Syren also doesn't like her parents (though Dolores seemed to like her father), and ended up killing them when she realized she was more powerful. Dolores becomes powerful despite her younger age (starting as an intern at the Improper Use of Magic Office), and despite Syren's physical age, her power made her a High Lord even though she is 26.
    Darth Draconis: To Darth Draconis, I compare him to a Dementor. Draconis was a deadly, quiet assassin who had soulless eyes, much like the ghoulish Dementors themselves.
    Darth Kronos: Alan Rickman for you! Hooray! In all seriousness, I chose Snape for Kronos because your story of turning dark seemed like what I know of Snape. Obviously, there was a seed of evil in Kronos (shown in his rage) as a Jedi, while Snape (though an agent of Snape, it seemed) was actually really against Snape and not as hateful towards Harry as once thought.
    Darth Ravenous: I think this one fit pretty well. I compare Ravenous to Fenrir Greyback, who is said to be a dangerous werewolf (and werewolves are very vicious, just like the gory Wookiee Sith), who constantly wants human blood- similar to Ravenous, who is a cannibal.
    Darth Serapis: To my Teacher I give Cuthbert Binns. Cuthbert taught history of magic at the school, which is something I am sure an archivist would enjoy to do (being that you are also an Arcanist).
    Darth Hades: To you I compare Regulus Black, a believer in the purity of magic who disliked Muggles. Hades grew to dislike Humans. Regulus began to doubt serving Voldemort, while Hades grew mad at the betrayal of Emperor Insipid against the Sith Empire.
    Darth Master Titus: Titus was born on Serenno, a planet ruled by rich counts- thought it seems Titus' family was not rich, but just financially stable. Titus also desired to fight, and served under a mysterious powerful Force user. This seems to be similar to Draco Malfoy, in that Draco was a Death Eater under Voldemort (correct me if that's not how Death Eaters work), who was himself a powerful mysterious dude, and tended to want to fight (or at least bully).
    Darth Anark: For my former master, I chose the Bloody Baron. While Anark is described as handsome, he is scarred. The Baron, being a richer dude, seemed to be more of a handsome dude than not, but his chains and blood made him very frightening. The Bloody Baron killed Helena Ravenclaw in rage, and then killed himself. Here is a quote from Anark's sheet that is like this: "The night he left the academy he found himself in an altercation with a peer who had been antagonizing and bullying him for a long time and ended up killing him. This caused him to panic about the repercussions of his actions and so he fled to the western reaches where he settled on the planet Jakku."
    Darth Balor: Your sheet of Teafa made me want to find a character for her, and it instantly made me think of Hermoine with your description of her being "decent at administration and keeping things in order, and a bit of a neat freak, if things around her are a mess it's clear that she's not doing well. Has a near eidetic memory, and as such is a valued research assistant in the Luka Sene which is why her combat skills leave a bit to be desired at the moment." I know Hermoine to be a know it all and someone who uses the library a lot, so this jumped out to me.
    Darth Thunderous: Igor Karkaroff is another one of those loose comparisons. Karkaroff grew troubled and afraid of Voldemort coming back, not really being good or evil, while Thunderous sought neither side because he wanted to seek more knowledge (and because both the Jedi and Sith were in hiding).
    Darth Hekate: I will be completely homest with you on this one in that I am basing Hekate as McGonagall because of the LEGO Harry Potter game. In McGonagall's class in the game, you had to put mandrakes in buckets to get them to be quiet. McGonagall also teaches how to change things into others (transfiguration). Hekate is powerful in Sith poisons and working with drawing energy, which is similar to this practice (the plants doing Hekate's bidding is like the Mandrakes. I'm oversampling that one part of the game; I apologize).
    Darth Cocytus: It's a loose fit (as most of these probably are), but I'll connect Cocytus to Lucius Malfoy, who, like Cocytus (per his character sheet), was from an aristocratic family. Cocytus was very powerful and different from his friends, as was Lucius. There is a big difference in that Lucius was proud of where he came from (and Cocytus killed his family).
    Darth Invadator: Many of these matches are hard to do. This is certainly one of them. In the end, I am going with Moaning Myrtle. Yes, in terms of physical attributes, the two are very different. But since Invadator was burnt to a crisp by Haretisch it is like Myrtle being killed by Slytherin Salazar's Basilisk.
    Darth Alva: It's a very loose connection, but you get the privilege of being Dave Tennant's Barty Crouch Jr. Barty was a Death Eater who was fiercely loyal to Voldemort, and very powerful in his magic (not to mention that he tortured several). Barty hated his father, and eventually killed him. Alva didn't care for his parents (with his mother wanting him dead), and eventually would have a hand in killing his mother. Alva's character sheet says he becomes an instrument of the Triumvirate, like Barty becomes one for Voldemort.
    Darth Onsil: I would consider it to be an honor to be Nearly Headless Nick (you get to be played by John Cleese!). Nearly Headless Nick is, by description, nealry headless- Osnil was almost nearly headless due to first igniting his lightsaber (and one of his ears is lost). I'll be honest, from what I know of Nock, he seems to be a rather likable dude (and not all scary and serious). That's not to say that Osnil is not either of those things, but the legend of Darth Jar-Jar thing was pretty good.
    Darth Saxon: For you my friend, I give you the honor of being Harry Potter. I promise that you were not automatically Harry or anything. Harry Potter was a powerful wizard who came from a powerful family. Saxon is a Mandalorian, and therefore one of the most powerful warriors in the galaxy by that alone. Harry was invited to Hogwarts young, as Saxon knew he was force sensitive young. Harry didn't know much of his parents early on, and it doesn't seem that Saxon knows much of his family either.
    Darth Foedus: I do not like how many loose ones I have, but my limited knowledge of Potterverse leaves me with no choice at times. I found a character named Avery, who was one of Voldemort's first Death Eaters, and managed to get himself out of being sent to Azkaban one time (which is like how Foedus was able to escape from the Imperials on his home world early on).
    Darth Psychon: It's not the greatest choice, but I chose Gilderoy Lockhart to represent Darth Psychon. Lockhart was a famous man who tended to scam others (something I find very possible for a Black Sun member to do), whose memory was erased. The handsomeness and vanity is also something I find a rich Falleen to have, as Psychon still wears his Black Sun robe as a Sith (and Falleens have always been described as more handsome). The memory in this case I will take symbolically, as in Psychon's case, it will be his Dark Master telling him to become a Sith (and thus "forgetting" his past).

Sent from my KX-series security droid, SK00T-UG4, using the HoloNet

11. Anakin.Skywalker

Anakin.Skywalker Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 11, 2016

[face_frustrated]

lol! Just kidding. Great post, SkooterDawg. You obviously put a lot of work into this. =D=

12. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    I feel left out. [face_not_talking]

In all seriousness, though, it was a huge undertaking. Nice job!

13. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    I do like being Salazar. A prestige point from your God-Emperor, definitely.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

14. QueenSabe7

Mar 23, 2001
    :eek::_| You gave Syren the most hated woman in all of Harry Potter?! Minus 10000000 prestige!

lol.... jk, jk. Not like I have the authority to do that anyways! :p Excellent job and thought-out explanations, Skooter. You have set the bar high. Captain Owen has his work cut out for him.

15. DarthIshyZ

DarthIshyZ Chosen One star 8

Jan 8, 2005
    =D= Bravo, sir! I agree with Syren that there's Saxon has his hands full here.

16. Dagobahsystem

Dagobahsystem Chosen One star 10

Sep 25, 2015
    SkooterDawg
    I enjoyed reading your task very much indeed. Good job!
    Darth Syren as Dolores Umbridge and Darth Kronos as Snape! Lol.
    That's awesome! *bows*

17. Nehru_Amidala

Oct 3, 2016
    Darth Hekate: I will be completely homest with you on this one in that I am basing Hekate as McGonagall because of the LEGO Harry Potter game. In McGonagall's class in the game, you had to put mandrakes in buckets to get them to be quiet. McGonagall also teaches how to change things into others (transfiguration). Hekate is powerful in Sith poisons and working with drawing energy, which is similar to this practice (the plants doing Hekate's bidding is like the Mandrakes. I'm oversampling that one part of the game; I apologize).
    Neat, I'm one fandom away from the Dowager Countess of Downton Abbey. :)

SkooterDawg and DarthIshyZ like this.
  18. PCCViking

PCCViking Chosen One star 10

Jun 12, 2014

It's a gif they have. :D

19. Darth Kronos

Darth Kronos Force Ghost star 6

Jan 2, 2016
    I get to be Snape. :cool:

Hell yeah.

20. Lady_Belligerent

Lady_Belligerent Queen of the RPF, SWC, C&P, and Pancakes & Waffles star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 29, 2008
    Yeah, you got the cool one Darth Kronos. Bellorum is very complex and I feel like she's a combination of characters.

:p

21. Captain Owen

Captain Owen Jedi Knight star 2

Jan 1, 2017
  22. QueenSabe7

Mar 23, 2001
    Yes.

Dagobahsystem likes this.
  23. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    All the sooner, Saxon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DarthIshyZ likes this.
  24. Nehru_Amidala

Oct 3, 2016
    Sooner rather than later is always good, at least around here.

SkooterDawg likes this.
  25. PCCViking

PCCViking Chosen One star 10

Jun 12, 2014
    If I'm Karkaroff, does that mean I'm doomed? [face_nail_biting]:p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.