main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Fanclub ∋●∈ The Sith Empire ∋●∈ Knights of the New Sith Order ∋●∈ We put the laughter in manslaughter (v.6)

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by Darth Dreadwar, Jan 7, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lady_Belligerent

Lady_Belligerent Queen of the RPF, SWC, C&P, and Pancakes & Waffles star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 29, 2008
    *enters on a breeze of sweet basil and lime, offers a respectful curtsey to the Triumvirate*

Good day, my lords and fellow Dark Side followers. I bring the most recent roster update.

~The Roster~

~Sith Triumvirate~

The Dark Lords of the Sith comprise the leadership of the Sith Empire. The Shadow Hand handles internal administration of the order, the Night Herald acts as political representative and recruiter, and the Sith Emperor acts as spiritual figurehead and first among equals.

Darth Dreadwar: Sith Emperor

Darth_wanderguard (Darth Haretisch): Shadow Hand

Sinrebirth (Darth Insipid): Night Herald

~Shadow Council - the Sith Underlords~

An honorary title bestowed only upon the most revered Sith of days past, this Dark Tribunal aids and advises the Dark Lords, sharing wisdom and guidance in times of difficulty.

Mikaboshi (Darth Cruor), Gen'dai Taral and Harbinger of the True Sith​
    Lady Belligerent (Darth Bellorum), Dawn Herald and Archivist of the Sith Empire​
    aalagartassle (Darth Typhon)​
    darth_nemisis (Darth Nemisis)​
    Darth-Vassago (Darth Vassago)​
    dragonsith13 (Darth Draconis)​
    Evil Incarnate (Darth Lledrith)​
    GenOochy (Darth N'farious)​
    NickLitYouAFlame (Darth Ventris)​

~Sith Masters~

Upon passing a final trial, an apprentice becomes a full-fledged Sith Master, and advances to one of three prestige classes. Apprentice Sorcerers may become either Inquisitors or Arcanists. Inquisitors act as the interrogators and priests of the Order, with supreme elemental power over the Force. Arcanists act as scribes, scientists and scholars; their understanding of Sith lore, sorcery and alchemy is unrivaled. Apprentice Warriors become Marauders or Knights. Marauders are the bloodthirsty iron fist of the Sith, without equal in martial might. Knights comprise the honorable backbone of the Empire, leading their fellow Sith into battle and inspiring them to acts of greatness. Apprentice Assassins become Stalkers or Watchers. More versatile than their peers, Stalkers are experts at stealth and subterfuge, mastering the Force, the lightsaber and conventional weapons. Watchers are infiltrators hiding in plain sight, experts at attaining their goals through unmatched subtlety and cunning.

Darth Master Titus (Darth Titus)​
    greyjedi125 (Darth Manticore)​
    HunterPrime (Darth Re'van)​
    Moonspun Dragon (Darth Arach)​

~Sith Apprentices~

Upon being taken as an apprentice, a peon may become a Sith Sorcerer, Warrior, or Assassin. Sorcerers concern themselves primarily with academic study of the force and understanding its properties, as well as studying and chronicling the history of the Sith. Warriors train primarily in the arts of combat, both with a lightsaber, attack and defense-oriented force powers, and the tactics and strategy of battle. Assassins seek to learn the art of stealth and espionage, and they train in many non-Force related skills in order to be more versatile and adept at working in secret.​

BenToRen (Darth Ziliqar) - Darth Master Titus​
    corintha (Darth Hesper) - Darth Dreadwar​
    Darth Kronos - Darth Bellorum​
    Darth Vortex (Darth Za'a) - Darth Arach​
    Halle Dray (Darth Kwea) - Darth Dreadwar​
    panta1978 (Darth Soccmel) - Darth Bellorum​
    PktRen19 - (Darth Wraikoits) Darth Draconis ​
    Satelenovelist11 (Darth Serano) - Darth Bellorum​
    Shira A'dola (Lady Kevala) - Darth Insipid​
    Snokers (Darth Anark) - Darth Insipid​
    StudentoftheSith (Darth Sucher) - Darth Haretisch​

~Sith Peons~

The lowliest members of the order, who have yet to prove themselves worthy of an apprenticeship.​

darklordoftech​
    Darth Basin*​
    Darth DoJ*​
    Darth Formidious ​
    DarthNexys​
    Darth Sophis*​
    Deliveranze​
    DurararaFTW*​
    LittleDemon​
    Lord Sinuous​
    malgusissnoke117​
    TheAscendent​
    The_Sith_Camp​
    Tzizvvt78​

* indicates recent activity in thread.​

2. corinthia

corinthia Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 16, 2016
    It seems so soon...! I will gather my ambitions in writing this evening, my Emperor. It fills me with pride to know I should soon take another step nearer to higher power.

Additionally, I've been working on my post for Trials. When I have something of worth, I'd love for you to read it over and give feedback.

3. Darth Sophis

Darth Sophis Jedi Knight star 2

Apr 5, 2016
    I am glad your assessment of my response was favorable, Darth Dreadwar.

To the rationalists you mentioned I might add the one whose visage you currently don, the one capable of embodying the perceived virtues of any civilisation he ruled to the utmost degree, and be venerated as a god among the relativist Sith and justice-worshipping Zakuulans alike.

I perceive that you have a deep interest in transhumanism, am I correct? If so, I must confess to share that particular fondness. Not many can defeat the natural tendency to resist change and accept that to become something greater, both current technology and ordinary biological evolution must be left in the dust. Those who can, I have great respect for (and know to never underestimate). I would very much like to speak more on this subject.

I take it you are familiar with the Orion's Arm Project? Now there is a gathering of ideas that challenge comfortable, narrow conceptions! I have noticed a similarity between the long-term game of the Infinite Sith Pantheon (as described in SinrePedia) and the modus operandi of the Archailect gods. Both are capable of calculating the course of history over millennia and applying the proper nudges to guide it where they desire. In OA, entire civilisations' actions may be predetermined by dissemination of the proper cultural memes at the outset, in that even hostile worlds may ultimately play their assigned role in the AI god's design. Similar to how the Jedi, through their intellectual restriction, supplied the Sith with constant reinforcements, or how the worlds with Sith cultural ties continued to vex the Republic, like Arkania and Alsakan.

Ultimately, behaviour can be quantified and predicted with all the relevant factors and interactions present in the equation, by a sufficiently large and advanced brain. Like we humans know the several dozen algorithms that determine the behaviour of ants, so can a more advanced being do the same for human-level intelligences. It is a fascinating prospect, and another reason to take "artificial evolution" seriously.

I have created my signature now, hopefully answering to the standards. I very much intend to continue contributing what insight I have, as well as becoming one who wanders these Halls in power.

4. Darth Dreadwar

Darth Dreadwar Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jan 26, 2010
    I am very impressed with what Knights of the Fallen Empire has done with the character. A poor amalgamation of Darth Nihilus and Palpatine theretofore, yet now, in the Kreia mold, perhaps, with utilitarian goals, it would seem, and a penchant for adopting guises that obfuscated his nobility. Given the greater role he played in crafting the culture of the Eternal Empire, compared to the Sith in which he was already born, then I would say his guise as Valkorion is the truer being.

You are indeed correct. My allegiance to the Sith comes mostly down to the fact that I see them as the galaxy's transhumanist tradition; the original heresiarchs who became Lords of the Sith desired to restore wartorn worlds, create life and conquer death, yet the deathist, conservative Jedi, with their backwards conceptions of dualism and superstition, thwarted their effectively altruistic efforts, dooming the galaxy to 7,000 years of on-and-off war.

The Archailects, the Lovecraftian picture of the True Sith painted by Avellone and KOTOR II, and the Reapers of Mass Effect were indeed the main inspiration behind the Infinite Sith Pantheon, so good catch! Can't say I've met another Orion's Arm fan on these forums.

The history of the galaxy seems too neat and tidy, with strange connections and synchronicities, to be anything but the result of a very careful process of memetic engineering. The early galaxy being influenced by guiding superintelligences would make sense of much, such as the strange unevenness of technological advancement, how 'godtech' such as hyperdrives and artificial gravity are commonplace, yet nanotechnology, life extension, and such are not. The Celestials/Architects I see as essentially inscrutable and ostensibly vanished Archailects, responsible for the physiological similarity of most humanoid species, the memetics and history of Jedi and Sith (through their Tho Yor spaceships, likely Celestial given the similarity to their Monoliths, giving rise to the Je'daii), and perhaps even the Force itself, if one considers it could be an artificial creation.

One tentative thought was that the starfish-shaped race who influenced the Sharu were the Celestials, who passed through a technological singularity successfully and gave rise to the Silentium and the Abominor in which they enteched themselves - Moon brains, essentially - before eventually turning the galaxy into their plaything to the degree that they were able to create the Force and transcend into its computational substrate, leaving the Ones of Mortis behind as anchorites, just as the Immortal Gods of the Sith left their equivalent representatives on Alsakan, Arkania and such.

5. Darth Sophis

Darth Sophis Jedi Knight star 2

Apr 5, 2016
    Indeed, his new identity came as something of a surprise to me. After expecting them to take the "defeat the untouchable incorporeal devourer" route, Big V presented something unexpected, proving he cannot easily be quantified! I agree that it makes the character much better: not only was everyone blindsided by the Eternal Empire's existence, Valkorion himself proved he can show many facets to the onlooker and keep them guessing. It makes for a much more intelligent character, by thunder.

And it is my perception that this tension between deathism and immortalism is very much reflected on the remote world of Terra, whether the writers intended this or not. Most simply accept death as an immutable fact, when it is thought about at all. The cultural paradigm is shifting slowly, as the process from current medicine or external computers to anti-aging and integrated technology is a gradual one, instead of a jump. This allows for cultivation of acceptance to new methods without most even noticing the progress every day, every year. As one who lives here and now though, with limited time already ticking, one cannot help but wonder just how much progress is being held back by archaic thought patterns.

Ah, so the similarity wasn't coincidental after all. I knew there had to be a guiding intelligence at work here. :D
    I did not think of the Reapers though, frankly; perhaps because they never struck me as very intelligent at all. They claimed to be the peak of creation, yet did not utilise even the energy of stars to its fullest, nor the materials of solar systems as a whole. Opting for tens of millennia of sleep after consuming the thin film of organic matter on the surface of planets, never touching the planets and stars themselves for harvesting, and remaining at the same technological level all that time sounds to me like a recipe for being superseded by another galaxy's gods, if not by the very emergent species they tyrannised!

Yes, I see the sense this theory makes. For an entire galaxy's history to be firmly tied up in two traditions' contest for supremacy, with those two traditions kept alive for dozens of millennia despite near extermination on both sides, it stands to reason someone wanted those particular memesets propagated and firmly entrenched. Civilisation is an interconnected mechanism after all. An military action, a rising cultural paradigm, a new technology tugs on many other strands, affecting much more than itself. To be able to calculate and envision this mechanism in its entirety, why, that would mean being able to control its course. It brings to mind Asimov's psychohistory, doesn't it? Except I am certain that a brain greater than a baseline human one is best suited for such a task.

6. Darth Kronos

Darth Kronos Force Ghost star 6

Jan 2, 2016
    damn i havent posted here in a while.

i also haven't made an update to the sith trials in a while too at least a week.

7. Darth_wanderguard

Darth_wanderguard Game Host star 6 VIP - Game Host

Apr 26, 2005
    You have a tag up, Kronos. If you need help PM me.

Mikaboshi likes this.
  8. Darth Kronos

Jan 2, 2016
    i know i have a tag up, but a geometry project is holding me back from doing anything.

9. Darth_wanderguard

Apr 26, 2005
    That's fine, just making sure you're aware.

Mikaboshi likes this.
  10. Darth Kronos

Jan 2, 2016
    well, at least it's almost complete.

Mikaboshi likes this.
  11. StudentoftheSith

StudentoftheSith Jedi Knight star 1

Feb 6, 2016
    Nice choices.

Mikaboshi likes this.
  12. Moonspun Dragon

Moonspun Dragon Force Ghost star 5

Apr 6, 2011
    As a reminder, Darth Vortex Za'a:

Darth Dreadwar likes this.
  13. Darth Vortex

Darth Vortex Jedi Knight star 1

May 19, 2013
    Don't worry, it'll get done. Do I have to summarize all of the guidelines, or just the seven rules?

Moonspun Dragon likes this.
  14. darklordoftech

darklordoftech Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    Darth Dreadwar Darth Sophis

IGN: Let’s talk about the owl – Well, I’m sure there’s a more interesting name than an owl, since this is Star Wars.
    Filoni: Right, they’re actually called Convorees, named after Anne [Convery– Filoni’s wife], but that was back on Clone Wars when I named them that. They appeared first on the Wasskah arc when Ahsoka got kidnapped by the Trandoshans. So that’s where you would first see those types of birds, but I think birds – like many things in the galaxy – appear on different planets so you have different breeds of them. When they get to the Atollon moon, these creatures start appearing.
    IGN: Right. Ezra sees one at the end of the previous episode, as he’s lying on the ground and there’s a bit of the Imperial March playing there. Which made me wonder… is this an avatar of the Dark Side? I’m a big Twin Peaks fan, so I’m like, “It’s the Black Lodge!”
    Filoni: I love the idea of it being an avatar! I would tell you, though, that it is absolutely not an avatar of the Dark Side. Absolutely not. But, you know, we’ll have to see. You’re going down the rabbit hole now. You know me by now – it’s not accidental that this thing is flying around. It’s not accidental that it’s there, and it’s not accidental that it’s bizarrely on this completely different world at the end of that episode. It definitely has a meaning for me, as the storyteller. It’s a subtle thing that if you know what the owl represents, then it deepens the lore of the whole thing and you go, “Okay, there are things at work here that are beyond our reckoning.” In some ways, I could say that it’s a messenger, it’s an observer. It is definitely something. And I would suggest – I would rather have fans debate – but I would suggest to say that whatever that thing is an avatar of has actually appeared in the animated Star Wars universe before. So decrypt from there… Have a fun summer!

http://boards.theforce.net/threads/ancient-sith-were-inspired-by-the-ones.50040156/

15. Moonspun Dragon

Apr 6, 2011
    The seven rules will be sufficient.

16. Lady_Belligerent

Lady_Belligerent Queen of the RPF, SWC, C&P, and Pancakes & Waffles star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 29, 2008
  17. panta1978

panta1978 Jedi Knight star 3

Mar 20, 2016
    Aren't we supposed to listen to our passions and let them flow? Codes of law are for Jedi, leave them to light-side followers.

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

18. Lady_Belligerent

Jan 29, 2008
    Well, apprentice, having more rules provides more opportunity in being creative in breaking them. [face_mischief]

19. Moonspun Dragon

Apr 6, 2011
    Such as you can lurk, but not engage in any form with the Jedi threads. :p

Darth Dreadwar and Michael_Davis like this.
  20. Darth Kronos

Jan 2, 2016
    This is my second account.

Lady Belligerent likes this.
  21. Lady_Belligerent

Jan 29, 2008
    Maybe you need to brush Entropius? Or have a visit with Charlie? o_O

22. Moonspun Dragon

Apr 6, 2011
    I recommend Charlie. He's so very anxious to show off his new upgrade. *evil smile*

23. Darth_wanderguard

Apr 26, 2005
    The new EUC awards are up, little Sithlings. You should all take a look at it in the stickies. Much fun will be had.

24. Darth Kronos

Jan 2, 2016
    You know... I don't think I've ever updated my skill levels for my character at all yet. :p

lol

25. Lady_Belligerent

Jan 29, 2008
    Moonspun Dragon - we should make character sheets for our pets! Mikaboshi - would your cod be considered a pet or weapon since it's probably fossilized? :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.