main
side
curve
  1. Welcome to the new boards! Details here!

2. Hey Fanficers! In fixing the prefixes something happened and now you can't edit titles. Don't panic! We're looking into what happened and trying to fix it.
  3. 2017 Fan Fiction Awards - Nominations

Characters ♡ The OTP & Pairing Thread ♡ Dec 18th - New challenge - "We've come through a lot together."

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by Captain Rakkaus, Oct 5, 2015.

1. Findswoman

Findswoman Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 27, 2014
    Congratulations on your win, Sith-I-5! You did a great job. =D=

And kudos to Chyntuck and WarmNyota_SweetAyesha on their wonderful and engaging contributions to the challenge too. :)

Wonderful work all around—what talent we have here! @};-

2. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Force Ghost star 7

Aug 31, 2004
    Congratulations to Sith-I-5 [face_laugh] I will never be able to read about Snoke in future without thinking about his "rump" and Unamo astraddle 8-} Congratulations also to the amazing Chyntuck -- I had a blast writing up L/M fairy tale style.

3. Chyntuck

Chyntuck Force Ghost star 5

Jul 11, 2014
    Congrats Sith-I-5 =D= ^:)^ [face_dancing] I need to catch up on the latest updates of your story, but you already know that I love it!

4. Sith-I-5

Sith-I-5 Jedi Grand Master star 6

Aug 14, 2002
    Well, what I get out of that, is that you don't have to finish an entry, to earn success!

Although I do intend to finish.

Thank you to anyone who voted for me, and well done to everyone who entered this challenge, eligible for votes or not.

5. Captain Rakkaus

Captain Rakkaus Jedi Knight star 1

Oct 4, 2015
    Challenge #7 - "We've come through a lot together."

As per original suggestion - this challenge is simple. No dice, no roulettes, nothing to pick. Just a prompt.

"The OTP faced a crisis in their relationship that almost fractured them but they stuck together and worked through it. Showing the process in however much detail of growing closer. :) If the author has written about that before, they could revisit/flashback to it in the way of 'We've come through a lot together.'"

Before we start, I would like to thank WarmNyota_SweetAyesha, who came up with the idea for this challenge. It's similar to the very first one I had, but with a happy ending.

Schedule

You have ten weeks to respond to the challenge if you want your entry to be entered into the voting. The deadline to post your story is February 26th, 2018 at 13.20 Central European Time (check the world clock) - precisely ten weeks from the date and time of this announcement.

The voting will be open from sometime on February 26th 2018 until the corresponding time on March 12th 2018. The winner(s) will be announced later that day or on March 13th, when the next challenge will be up, too. No colours, but you get the bragging rights and that's got to count for something! ;)

How to play?

- Write a story inspired by the prompt - duh.

- At this point, we're doing one story per person. You are, of course, welcome to write a story inspired by this challenge and its prompts at any given point, ever.

- NSWFF stories are more than welcome.

- TOS apply, just like for any other challenge. TL;DR: we're not writing bloodbaths and PWP, but your stories can be family-unfriendly elsewhere, as long as they're edited for this board.

- Once you're done, post a link to your story in this thread. Please, if you can, use the URL and not the LINK tag, once again because the latter does not work anymore.

- You're not obliged to read the other participants' stories, but it's recommended. Be a good sport. :) I will, of course, read them all, since I'm the thread host.

6. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    I adore this challenge. I can already tell I will be Squee!ing a lot. :D Best thing is, it can inspire Legends and new stuff or a crazy blend. [face_laugh] Particularly for H/L. They deserve it. ^:)^

7. Chyntuck

Chyntuck Force Ghost star 5

Jul 11, 2014
    Okay. If this isn't my cue to write the sequel to my long!fic that I've been talking about for ages, I don't know what is.

Can everyone please stop giving me ideas for new multi-chapter stories? My days only have 24 hours, for Force's sake!

8. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    This has inspired an idea for a fic with more than one post for me too. [face_thinking] Featuring H/L and if it seems to "make plot sense" the Rebels although by that time they're not [face_laugh] :cool:

9. FireKeeper

FireKeeper Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 23, 2017
    Damn it, this one has so much H/L possibilities, especially in my AU, where this plot fits perfectly. I wish I was good at writing romance.

Captain Rakkaus likes this.
  10. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
  11. Captain Rakkaus

Captain Rakkaus Jedi Knight star 1

Oct 4, 2015
    Just go ahead and try. :) @Anedon had so many doubts the first time he took a part in a challenge in this thread and then he aced it.

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha likes this.
  12. Sith-I-5

Sith-I-5 Jedi Grand Master star 6

Aug 14, 2002
    Although I have no idea when my main Yav and Ysanne' origins of their relationship fic will get finished, but I was reading the first pages, and using Amazon to adjust her written outfit to match The Spy Who Loved Me imagery, I

- was happy with the gentle flirtation going on between the pair;

- and wondering if I should actually adopt that film's Bond Girl, Barbara Bach, as my official face claim for Ysanne Isard.

13. Ewok Poet

Ewok Poet Force Ghost star 5

Jul 31, 2014
    The latter: J-j-j-j-just do it. :)

Sith-I-5 likes this.