main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Characters ♡ The OTP & Pairing Thread ♡ | Challenge #34 Posted: Sonnets Roulette! (4/17, p. 92, #2282)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by Captain Rakkaus, Oct 5, 2015.

1. Chyntuck

Chyntuck Force Ghost star 5

Jul 11, 2014
    Okay, sign me up!

EDIT: Argh! Just when I want to give this a try, the boards are lagging and I can't get the dice to work. The random number generator gave me 07, The Steadfast Tin Soldier. Now let's see if this edit will go through... [face_waiting]

2. Ewok Poet

Ewok Poet Force Ghost star 6

Jul 31, 2014
    The edit went through and I'll log into the sock later to cross out the story. Don't worry. :)

Captain Rakkaus likes this.
  3. Cowgirl Jedi 1701

Cowgirl Jedi 1701 Force Ghost star 5

Dec 21, 2016
    Still thinking on something for Puss In Boots. I seem to recall that the moral of the story is something along the lines of "the clothes make the man", so that might help.

4. Sith-I-5

Sith-I-5 Force Ghost star 6

Aug 14, 2002
    Boo.

Okay-dokey, I have Sleeping Beauty.

Surprised not to get a tale that I had never heard off.

So, do I just have to hit the salient points, or do I have to replicate the tale faithfully?

5. Ewok Poet

Jul 31, 2014
    As long as the story follows a fairly similar narrative, it's acceptable. :)

Sent from my SM-T310 using Tapatalk

Findswoman likes this.
  6. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
  7. Nehru_Amidala

Nehru_Amidala Force Ghost star 7

Oct 3, 2016
    Okay, let me take a look.

8. mavjade

mavjade Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 10, 2005
    So the NaNo Facebook group I've been a part of has someone doing a 30 Days of Shipping questions and today's was: What was your very first ship?
    I thought it might be a fun one to discuss here.

I actually had to think about it for a bit, and while there were probably pairings I loved earlier, the first one I can remember being obsessed with was John Carter/Lucy Knight from ER. I LOVED them together (even though they were never actually together) and when they killed Lucy, it about destroyed me. I cried for hours. I was upset the next day. My dad still brings it up sometimes, I was so dramatic about it. I was a teenager, what can I say. :p

But Luke/Mara is what really got me into fandom, though. I'd read a few ER fanfics but I wasn't all that invested in fandom until I discovered the EU.

9. Briannakin

Briannakin Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 25, 2010
    Fun! you should post more as the month goes on (as I side tandem, this is like the first year in like 7 years where I could conceivably do NANO, but my brain is just everywhere right now in terms of writing I just didn't think about it - I know it isn't too late to start, but I just don't want to).

As for my first ship... hmmmm. I really wasn't a "romance" type person till my late teens and by then I was into the EU. So Luke/Mara might have been my first real ship. Certainly the first one I wrote and was really invested in.

Before that I wasn't deep into fandoms. I rooted for Bones/Booth in the early seasons of Bones (before they actually got together and the show went downhill). In my manga days, I did read a manga called Fruits Basket. And my friends and I shipped Torhu/Kyo (who ended up together at the end).

10. Cowgirl Jedi 1701

Cowgirl Jedi 1701 Force Ghost star 5

Dec 21, 2016
    I think the first pair that I consciously shipped, even though I don't think I was aware of the terminology yet, was Spock and Christine Chapel. (Star Trek)

Nehru_Amidala likes this.
  11. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Mine was L/M, all the way. Literally started with Heir to the Empire. :)

12. Nehru_Amidala

Oct 3, 2016
    Oh, that is a good question. Probably Serena/Darien from Sailor Moon and Han/Leia.

13. Sith-I-5

Aug 14, 2002
    I think my first pairing were Star Wars' OCs, Captain Warrick Perrinaw and Analyst Sara Sidell, of the Victory-class Star Destroyer, Wraithis.

14. leiamoody

leiamoody Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 8, 2005
    Han/Leia when I was younger (and older), Lee/Kara from Battlestar Galactica and Horatio/Archie from Horatio Hornblower (this pairing wasn't Canon, and slash, but very popular).

Kidan and Captain Rakkaus like this.
  15. Ewok Poet

Jul 31, 2014
    Teebo and Latara were my first 'ship. I was 7.5 and it would be years until I would've heard of the concept of shipping. :D

16. Chyntuck

Jul 11, 2014
    I think my first ship was d'Artagnan and Constance Bonacieux in The Three Musketeers. I didn't write fanfic at the time, but if I did I would written an AU in which she survived.

17. Captain Rakkaus

Captain Rakkaus Jedi Master star 2

Oct 4, 2015
    ❣Non-Competitive Challenge #2

So...@Nyota's Heart graced us with two challenge ideas. I have first thought of making both of them competitive, but then I realised that the second of the two could lead to conflict, so I decided to make it an out-of-competition challenge #2. It's...drumroll...rimshot...OTP swap challenge!

LISTEN CAREFULLY, I SHALL SAY ZIS ONLY ONCE.

OK, nope, additional explanations will be provided and your input on how we would go on about this is more than welcome.

The basic idea is to swap OTPs with people willing to do it. This should be done with common sense involved - as in, ask for permission, swap OTPs with your friends or people whom you're sure will do justice to your OTP and vice-versa. In personal experience, as somebody who once wrote somebody else's OC without asking, got ignored and arguably more hurt than I should have been, I am kindly asking you not to write anybody else's OTP without having gotten their permission previously.

So, this is how we will do it:

1) Post in this thread, saying that you're up for this, list the OTP/OTPs that you would allow others to write about and link to the stories where you wrote about them. If you wrote a countless number of stories featuring this couple, please, limit your selection to three (3) stories. As far as the number of OTPs goes, you can list as many as you want.

2) Once you have seen that somebody whose OTP you like a lot post in the thread as well, ask them if you could swap.

3) If somebody is, for any reason, not comfortable with the swap, they can swap with somebody else.

4) When it comes to long-established pairings, such as L/M or H/L, you're allowed to just go ahead. It's about getting out of your comfort zone and trying something new. However, if you want to write them in somebody else's AU, go back to 2).

So...ready, get set...go. :)

Last edited: Apr 3, 2019
  18. Ewok Poet

Jul 31, 2014
    Okay, I'll go first. :)

I'm hereby allowing people to ask me to use the following OTPs of mine:
    - Teebo/Latara - as seen in Snowed In, The Other Moon and The Brightest of the Stars (When Teebo Met Latara)
    - Dyeke/Branna - as seen in Midday Darkness/The Light is Me, I Am The Light and Letters Never Sent
    - Maris Inesedam Vorr/Taide Lambrin - as seen in Quite a Handful // only as an AU, please
    - Doria Vorr/Glaunder "Porky" Porkley - as seen in Doaba Ke'demii - The Diary of a Young Comradette //if you're a masochist :p

Anjie Mencuri's relationships are weird and complicated, so that one is a no-go.

Deeina Ferry and Charon San Valorum's relationship was not elaborated on enough yet, neither was Maris Inesedam Vorr and Elesandre Vorr's so that one is a no-go.

Findswoman likes this.
  19. Nehru_Amidala

Oct 3, 2016
  20. Ewok Poet

Jul 31, 2014
    Just remember to link the stories, please, since the search is wonky. [face_monkey]

21. Nehru_Amidala

Oct 3, 2016
    okay, I will update my post tomorrow.

22. Sith-I-5

Aug 14, 2002
    803 words into the Challenge fic.

23. Chyntuck

Jul 11, 2014
    Just to clarify, this applies to *all* established pairings from canon or Legends, right? Or are we excluding the more minor/obscure ones, and if so, why?

24. Nehru_Amidala

Oct 3, 2016
    Updated!

Ewok Poet likes this.
  25. Sith-I-5

Aug 14, 2002
    Ewok Poet - Request permission to reference you, and something you told me in a fic review, in my fairytale adaption.

Nehru_Amidala likes this.