main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Characters ♡ The OTP & Pairing Thread ♡ | Challenge #33 is up: How They Met! (1/28, p. 90, #2231)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by Captain Rakkaus, Oct 5, 2015.

1. Raissa Baiard

Raissa Baiard FFoF Artist Extraordinaire star 4 VIP - Game Host

Nov 22, 1999
  2. Briannakin

Briannakin Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 25, 2010
    If you guys decide on a hand-off, please PM a mod so we can make a note of it.

Captain Rakkaus and Ewok Poet like this.
  3. Raissa Baiard

Nov 22, 1999
    D'oh....lagging laptop

Last edited: Mar 15, 2018
    Captain Rakkaus likes this.
  4. Ewok Poet

Ewok Poet Force Ghost star 6

Jul 31, 2014
    Still pondering if the challenge should end first. Give me some time. :)

@Briannakin - Absolutely aware of that.

Captain Rakkaus likes this.
  5. Captain Rakkaus

Captain Rakkaus Jedi Master star 2

Oct 4, 2015
    We had a slight malfunction etc etc. All fine and the Captain apologises. <3

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha likes this.
  6. Captain Rakkaus

Oct 4, 2015
    The voting is on until Monday. We have had three people vote so far, and, what can I say...it's a three-way-tie. ;)

Findswoman likes this.
  7. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    :oops: Maybe I'll siggify [face_batting]

8. Ewok Poet

Jul 31, 2014
    To promote the voting? Is that what siggify means? // EP is dumb

Послато са SM-J510FN уз помоћ Тапатока

Last edited: Mar 22, 2018
  9. Captain Rakkaus

Oct 4, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 29, 2018
  10. Ewok Poet

Jul 31, 2014
    Congratulations to @mavjade and @WarmNyota_SweetAyesha (I keep on typing "warn" Nyota...gosh!) for their victory. :) I'm yet to read The Sound of Love and I'm sorry, but looks like it's perfect. :D For the other, well, knew it was perfect from the start. :D

11. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Oh, [face_blush] [face_blush] I was SO SURE any tie would be between Raissa and the purely indulgent Chyntuck's offerings. Just like the awards this year, the OTP challenge entries just get BETTER! =D= [face_party]
    [face_dancing]

Last edited: Mar 26, 2018
  12. Ewok Poet

Jul 31, 2014
    The last two challenges have shown us that there are *more* romance queens and an actual romance king. :D Love, love, love the diversity.

By the way, I never voted, ever since I took over the thread. Not even those two times that I participated myself. In most cases, I wouldn't have had a flippin' idea on whom to vote for.

Last edited: Mar 26, 2018
  13. Findswoman

Findswoman Fanfic and Pancakes and Waffles Mod (in Pink) star 5 Staff Member Manager

Feb 27, 2014
    This is wonderful! Congratulations to @WarmNyota_SweetAyesha and @mavjade on your wonderful and well-deserved wins, and kudos to all the participants. A talented bunch, for sure! =D= @};-

14. mavjade

mavjade Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 10, 2005
    [face_blush] Thank you! It was a bit on the angsty side so I'm glad people enjoyed it still.
    Congratulations to @WarmNyota_SweetAyesha!! =D= @};-

And to everyone, they were (as always) fantastic stories!! =D=

I can't wait to see what this new challenge is! :D

15. Captain Rakkaus

Oct 4, 2015
    I'm going to bounce off a draft to @Briannakin and see if I got it right, then post. :)

16. Kahara

Kahara FFoF Hostess Extraordinaire star 4 VIP - Game Host

Mar 3, 2001
  17. Chyntuck

Chyntuck Force Ghost star 5

Jul 11, 2014
  18. Mira Grau

Mira Grau Force Ghost star 5

May 11, 2016
  19. Sith-I-5

Sith-I-5 Force Ghost star 6

Aug 14, 2002
    Congratulations to both.

20. Captain Rakkaus

Oct 4, 2015
    CHALLENGE #8 - The Couple Game(s)!

This challenge was kindly provided by one of our mods, @Briannakin. :) It's different, all right! I'm going to paste the explanation she sent me and, if necessary, adjust it.

The Newlywed Game was an TV gameshow that started in the 1960s (hence the heteronormativity of the basic rules, but the rules can easily fit SSR relationships too). Here's a link to the Wikipedia article but the basic rules are:

1 - Wives are taken off stage (or a separate room if just played at home). Husbands answer questions which are then written on cards.

2 - Wives are brought back, asked the same questions and if their answers match their husband's, they get a certain amount of points for each right answer.

3 - Same thing is done again but in reverse (so husbands are taken out of the room and the wives are asked the questions)

The gameshow was typically done with newlyweds (hence the name) but it really can be done with any couples. There are a number of different versions but these are the classic rules. The winners are (obviously) the couple with the most points at the end.

Questions are usually lighthearted - usually about the relationship or sometimes about the wedding. Sometimes there may be an element of psychology - the "right" answer really doesn't matter, it is all about matching answers with your partner. Some example questions would be:

How many guests were at your wedding?
    Who had the crazier bachelorette/bachelor party?
    Describe when you first met your husband's/wife's parents using a movie title.
    Who spends more money?
    Who is the bigger slob?

So, yes - you're to interpret the above, create an in-universe take on it etc.

Schedule

You have ten weeks to respond to the challenge if you want your entry to be entered into the voting. The deadline to post your story is June 07th, 2018 at 20.00 Central European Time (check the world clock) - precisely ten weeks from the date and time of this announcement.

The voting will be open from sometime that day until the corresponding time on June 21st, 2018. The winner(s) will be announced later that day or on June 22nd.

How to play?

- Look at the introduction above, come up with your own plot and your own questions to integrate into the story.

- NSWFF stories are more than welcome!

- TOS apply, just like for any other challenge. TL;DR: we're not writing bloodbaths and PWP, but your stories can be family-unfriendly elsewhere, as long as they're edited for this board.

- Once you're done, post a link to your story in this thread. Remember, use the URL tag or just paste the page link. The LINK tag is now deprecated.

- You're not obliged to read the other participants' stories, but it's recommended. Be a good sport. :)

21. Raissa Baiard

Nov 22, 1999
    Ideas already percolating for happy-ever-after Kanera wedding in the Marzra-verse...:hera::kanan:[face_love]

22. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Entering CAPSLOCK MODE - YAY YAY YAY [face_dancing] [face_laugh] [face_dancing]

Kahara, Raissa Baiard and Ewok Poet like this.
  23. Ewok Poet

Jul 31, 2014
    I have no clever ideas. Why oh why can't finish the previous two where I DID?

Послато са SM-J510FN уз помоћ Тапатока

24. Chyntuck

Chyntuck Force Ghost star 5

Jul 11, 2014
    This is an awesome challenge idea, but then I know that I shouldn't expect anything less of @Briannakin :D

A minor quibble though: is there any particular reason the current OC challenge, the current Fanon challenge and now this challenge should have their deadline within the same week? Since these are the only three threads that issue reoccurring challenges at this time, I find it would make more sense to spread them out a bit. (Paging @Findswoman and @earlybird-obi-wan as the other two thread runners.)

Last edited: Mar 30, 2018
    Sith-I-5 and Findswoman like this.
  25. Findswoman

Findswoman Fanfic and Pancakes and Waffles Mod (in Pink) star 5 Staff Member Manager

Feb 27, 2014
    @Chyntuck, as far as I know that was just coincidence rather than for any particular reason. My deadline for the fanon challenge is currently set to June 3, but I am glad to change it if it would help. Would maybe two more weeks help (June 17)?

Last edited: Mar 30, 2018