main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Fanclub ✶ The Knights of Darkness ✶ The Official Sith, Knights of Ren & Dark Side Fanclub ✶ v.3

Discussion in 'Star Wars Community' started by Darth Dreadwar, Jan 28, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lady_Belligerent

Lady_Belligerent Queen of the RPF, SWC, C&P, and Pancakes & Waffles star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 29, 2008
    Natasi Daala is one of my favorite SW characters. I'd love to see her turn up in one of the films one day.

Sinrebirth likes this.
  2. Darth Kronos

Darth Kronos Force Ghost star 6

Jan 2, 2016
    So, the Shadow Academy is basically a school for Sith?

Maybe that would be helpful for my training. :p

3. Lady_Belligerent

Lady_Belligerent Queen of the RPF, SWC, C&P, and Pancakes & Waffles star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 29, 2008
    o_O

If you have issues with you training, sir...I suggest you contact the management. :p

Also, yes. The Shadow Academy is a mobile spacestation that holds the academy.

Darth Dreadwar likes this.
  4. Darth Kronos

Jan 2, 2016

I'm only joking! Please don't rip my face off. :p

And, I guess that sounds cool, but I have no personal feelings toward it. Not even after reading a Wookiepedia article on it (something I've been doing more and more after I joined this forum. :p)

Lady Belligerent likes this.
  5. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    No, it is a school for dark Jedi loyal to the Empire, think of them as proto Imperial Knights.

6. Darth Dreadwar

Darth Dreadwar Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jan 26, 2010
    Knights of Ren, one could argue, from a One Canon retcon standpoint.

7. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    That works quite well. The Knights of Ren would appear considerably closer to the Dark Jedi of the Second Imperium or the Imperial Knights of the Fel Empire.

I'm going to abuse my position as Dark Lord to post up a titbit I have put together for my After the Awakening game, set just after the film in a joint new and old canon universe.

Spoilers for chapter fourteen!

Chapter Fourteen

'One year after the Battle of Endor, the Empire was defeated at Jakku, in the eyes of the New Republic. Ten years after the Battle of Jakku, the Imperial Remnant signed the Bastion Accords, as an addendum to the totalitarian Galactic Concordance, and was defeated, in its own eyes.'

Daala scowled, and took a breath before continuing. 'Six years after that, we were chased from the Deep Core and our Second Imperium destroyed, and we secured a colony here, in the Maw Cluster, as the Yuuzhan Vong crossed the threshold into our Galaxy.'

No grumbling in memory of that defeat, of the failure at Yavin once again, their Shadow Academy destroyed, and Palpatine killed again. Of course, only she knew that Palpatine had been a fake, but it had invigorated her forces in the face of the Remnant suing for peace. Daala continued as she spoke to the captains of the Maw Irregular Fleet, to the officers, to the troopers, to the men and women of her fleet. 'Four years after their arrival they were defeated, and in secret corners across the Galaxy, the truth of the Empire was seen to many; that democracy was weak, that the New Republic had fallen to its own vices; that the Imperial way, the way of Order, was the only way, helped along by the strong showing of Pellaeon and his Remnant against the invaders, and our quiet acts behind the Ryn and Mandalorian clans, sabotaging the invasion and secretly coming to the aid of Pellaeon at the battle of Esfandia, a fleet stitched together by 'rumours' and 'favours' to hide our true hand.'

Brushing a crimson hair from her face, Daala grinned at the conceit of it all. 'Nine years ago the Centrists arose within the New Republic Senate, and the First Order within the Remnant, another faction of the Empire which had also understood that the Empire never surrenders, and it always strikes back. Three years later the First Senator crisis strengthened Snoke's hand, and we stood watching in the wings for a grand Imperial resurgence.'

A stirring across the channels, but Daala did not give them chance to respond. 'But Snoke sought to embrace the dark side of the Force, and set up yet another theocracy with him atop of it. It was that theocracy which destroyed our Emperor, that betrayed him - the Sith and Dark Jedi beneath him, the hated Vader, the schemer Quest, and the betrayer Jax. The Empire needs to have the Force under its control, not the other way around.'

Silence.

'And so we shall rid the First Order of Supreme Leader Snoke, and the Force shall wither in the heart of the Empire, and we shall save the Imperial way as the New Republic crumbles once more, as it always would and will.'

'We depart now, to smash the Force, and to smash democracy!'

A cheer, and Daala cut the line.

She turned to face the hologram. 'You are sure this will work?'

'All the better because the Jedi and Heroes of Yavin will do it for us.'

'And Skywalker?'

'Still in the Unknown Regions. As soon as a peaceful, just and orderly society is imposed - as it will be in less than a week anyway - we can parley with him from a position of overwhelming strength; he shall choose to accept his exile, and we shall let him have it, and forge the Jedi anew within the New Empire.'

Daala considered. 'So be it.'

'So be it.' With that, the signal cut out.

Admiral Natasi Daala nodded to herself. The Galaxy was up for grabs with the New Republic in such a sorry state, which meant control of the Empire was the point. When the Ryn network discovered her mysterious benefactor - a retired banker in the Banking Clan who had been quietly disgusted by the Galactic Concordance for decades - he had happily presented her with codes and information and secrets of the First Order, including, now, the knowledge of the location of Snoke's personal flagship, which Kylo Ren, Hux and others had fled to after Starkiller's destruction.

Though Snoke himself was suspected to be in the Yavin system itself, Daala was looking to crush his personal flagship before it could be drawn to his aid; and also with a view to catching the man if the heroes missed their chance.

The 'heroes' and 'villains', side by side to stop Supreme Leader Snoke and his Knights of Ren, as much brief interruptions to the galactic status quo as the Yuuzhan Vong were.

Then Daala could take the reins as Empress once and for all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8. Lady_Belligerent

Jan 29, 2008
    =D=

Very nice.

Sinrebirth likes this.
  9. Darth_wanderguard

Darth_wanderguard Game Host star 6 VIP - Game Host

Apr 26, 2005
    Are we ready for the next topic?

10. Lady_Belligerent

Jan 29, 2008
    Indeed we are!

Happy Saturday fellow Darksiders. :)

Next up let's discuss Darth Vader. :vader:

I've always had issues with how he had no father, it was just the midi-chlorians? Far fetched, but okay, I'll go with it. So, he's born to a slave and early on shows these incredible piloting skills.

Did anyone else cheer when he killed the Tusken Raiders that kidnapped his mother? It was justified, they had tortured his mother to the edge of death.

Fast forward and he falls for Padme, that gives Sidious what he needs to manipulate Anakin. It's fairly obvious that the nightmares of Padme dying were caused by Sidious. Then the final straw was Sidious causing Padme's death to finalize Anakin's transition to Darth Vader.
    [​IMG]
    Please share your thoughts and theories. :)

11. Darth Kronos

Jan 2, 2016
    I just love Vader in the original trilogy. Calm, yet menacing when he needs to be, but scary and evil when people fail him.

Also, James Earl Jones.

(and David Prowse, too!)

12. Lady_Belligerent

Jan 29, 2008
    I agree, Kronos. When the music started and he stepped off the shuttle, I had chills. He's totally a badass.

13. TheReal_Rebel

TheReal_Rebel Jedi Master star 3

Sep 17, 2015
    Hi.

I just wanted to introduce myself. I have not yet read through all the posts yet, but I intend to

I'm interested in the Knights of Ren and how they are differentiated from the Sith. I think there is a possibility that may not be Force users at all with the exception of Kylo.

But beyond possibly being assassins for Snoke, what might their purpose be?

Do they have other missions do you think?

The reason I ask is the purpose of a story and possibly an animation.

Can you guys point me to useful sources?

Anyway, thanks!

14. Halle Dray

Halle Dray Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 6, 2016
    I've always liked Darth Vader. Even before I saw SW.
    I love how in the prequels he is so... ruthless, perhaps... and cute. :p But in the OT he is still like that but in an almost regal manner.
    I do place a bit of belief in the theories Bellorum mentioned above as well as the theory that Sidious drained Padme's life to help Vader. Sidious definitley knew what he was doing in terms of twisting things and influencing Vader...

15. Lady_Belligerent

Jan 29, 2008
    TheReal_Rebel - I think the backstory on them is still be revealed. I'm hoping the future novels will tell us a great deal more.

Halle Dray - I've always wondered if Sidious had Shmi kidnapped. I feel like everything was all mapped out.

Halle Dray likes this.
  16. Darth_wanderguard

Apr 26, 2005
    I like the theory that Palpatine used midichlorian manipulation to kill Padme.

Her death never made sense before, the whole "she's dying and we don't know why, she's just given up," thing seemed like Lucas wrote himself into a corner.

But when you embrace the fact that in that moment she had *a lot* to live for, she was previously shown to be a very strong and independent kind of character, when you see the look on Palpatine's face as he tells Vader of her death, and when you consider that there's no other way Palpatine should have known at that point that Padme was dead... It all becomes very clear.

17. Halle Dray

Halle Dray Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 6, 2016
    Wow, actually, that's a good theory. I'm sure he knew people/Tusken Raiders who could arrange that just as he knew about Anakin and Padme's marriage.

18. Lady_Belligerent

Jan 29, 2008
    I've always believed Sidious was plotting one level higher :p and killed Padme. The whole idea that she gave up was ludicrous. He had plans for Anakin, well thought out plans.

19. Darth_wanderguard

Apr 26, 2005
    You basically just said beetlejeuce three times. You know that, right?

20. Lady_Belligerent

Jan 29, 2008
    My bad. [face_worried]

21. Darth Dreadwar

Darth Dreadwar Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jan 26, 2010
    *appears in a swirl of smoke*

I was always fond of the idea that Sidious was speaking truthfully when he said that in his anger, Vader killed her. We know Force Bonds can be frighteningly physical phenomena, such as Surik's pain when Kreia lost her hand, or the deaths of Sith troops bonded to their Battlelords. So I could easily imagine that Vader unintentionally snuffed out her life as he channeled the power of the dark side to survive his injuries, perhaps leeching her through the bond (which is the metaphysical mechanic of Force Drain, KOTOR II and Book of Sith establishes; to form Force bonds with victims, and to feed on them like astral veins).

TheReal_Rebel, personally, I like to look to the original Star Wars drafts from <'76. The Knights of Ren, I believe, are informed by the Knights of Sith, who were a band of Force-using mercenary warriors, using lightsabers, blasters, swords and so forth. The concept art for the Knights of Sith are nigh-identical to the Knights of Ren on-screen.

We know the Knights of Ren have a crude philosophy that draws on Jedi and other traditions, so I really wouldn't be surprised if we see that they are essentially an ancient (perhaps recently revived, to make sense of the contradictions whether they are new or old) order of Force-sensitive mercenaries.

The Force Awakens: Visual Dictionary is the best source of information on the Knights of Ren we have thus far.

22. Lady_Belligerent

Jan 29, 2008
    Good day Sithly fans. :)

Let's talk about Darth Tyranus.

Since I'm a fan of titles :p he was also the Count of Serenno.

This former Jedi Master was involved in putting the pieces in place to form the clone troopers for the Grand Army of the Republic. Not to mention supplying chips to the Kamioans with Clone Protocol Order 66.
    [​IMG]

I liked his sense of style.

23. Darth Kronos

Jan 2, 2016
    Yes, what do the people think of Dooku/Tyranus?

24. Lady_Belligerent

Jan 29, 2008
    I think he's a dandy.

25. Darth_wanderguard

Apr 26, 2005
    I always liked Dooku, from his regalia, to his lightsaber style. I think he's better in theory than in practice, though. His dialogue and such was just disappointing, but that's to be expected with Lucas.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.