main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Fanclub ✶ The Knights of Darkness ✶ The Official Sith, Knights of Ren & Dark Side Fanclub ✶ v.3

Discussion in 'Star Wars Community' started by Darth Dreadwar, Jan 28, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lady_Belligerent

Lady_Belligerent Queen of the RPF, SWC, C&P, and Pancakes & Waffles star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 29, 2008
    That's intersting, do you recall where you read it?

2. darklordoftech

darklordoftech Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    I think I read it in the Maul thread in Star Wars TV.

Lady Belligerent likes this.
  3. Lady_Belligerent

Lady_Belligerent Queen of the RPF, SWC, C&P, and Pancakes & Waffles star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 29, 2008
    I need to take the time to check that area out.

What are your thoughts on Darth Caedus, darklordoftech?

4. darklordoftech

darklordoftech Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    Kylo and Snoke would crush him into a speck of dust.

5. Lady_Belligerent

Jan 29, 2008
    I'm afraid I can't argue with that. :)

6. TheReal_Rebel

TheReal_Rebel Jedi Master star 3

Sep 17, 2015
    Bravo!

I just re-watched AOTC and was just thinking that.

I was also thinking that Sidious actually threw out the Rule of Two after he became Chancellor. He had Dooku but he was already grooming Anakin to replace him.

7. Mira Grau

Mira Grau Force Ghost star 5

May 11, 2016
    I think Sidious didn't broke the rule of two at all, at least in the old EU. It's mentioned somewhere that personal assassins where not counted as apprentices and after all I know I don't think Maul would have ever become a master. He was too much a beserker and he had no fake identity he could hide behind. So with Maul just a tool Sidious was still the apprentice for the most part of TPM.
    In the Darth Plagueis novel its mentioned that Dooku left the order after the Naboo crisis and then joined the Sith. Vader became his apprentice after Dooku death and I think had Dooku killed Anakin he would have stayed being his student. But after he lost the duel he was worthless.
    I think its a common practice in the rule of two to let potential canidates fight to the death to find the stronger one.

8. E. L.Knight

E. L.Knight Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 4, 2012
    We have to remember that the reigning Sith Lord can change the rule, though. Bane did that after destroying the Sith and creating the Rule of Two, and Krayt and many others have changed the
    Rule of Two.

Martin Albert likes this.
  9. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    In the old canon, that's exactly what Vader had planned for Lumiya and Flint if he couldn't get Luke. So when they met after Endor, they duelled for who would be Master and Apprentice.

Existing Sith deciding it that way works very well for me - I loved when Maul decided to impose the Rule of Two on his brother.

Otherwise, yes, Sidious was very loose with the Rule of Two, to the point that Lumiya did not consider him a Sith in the end(!)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

10. Mira Grau

May 11, 2016
    Hey all
    Lady Belligerent asked me to choose a topic for our discussion this week and I decided to choose a question I recently discussed with a friend:

What defines a Sith? What makes a Sith more than a dark jedi?
    I'm excited what you think about it :)

11. E. L.Knight

E. L.Knight Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 4, 2012
    A Sith is someone privy to specific knowledge and power gained through training by a Master who knows those things themselves. Anyone can turn to the Darkside and embrace Darkside abilities, but that doesn't make them a Sith. The Sith have very specific powers, rituals, knowledge and beyond that make them Sith.

Anedon and Lady Belligerent like this.
  12. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    Training and philosophy. What we have seen so do the dark side make you sloppy, fully understandable since you are channelling emotions like anger, fear and hate to give yourself a boost, and the sith are trained in using the dark side without it making them too sloppy. They also have Force techniques that are (or at least should be) unique to them.

The sith also have a philosophy that differ from the jedi's, we don't really know how it looks like but some main points seem to be "might makes right" and "there is no good and evil, there is only power, and those too weak to seek it".

Lady Belligerent and Anedon like this.
  13. Halle Dray

Halle Dray Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 6, 2016
    I suppose a Sith is defined by their beliefs. Usually at least. I'd go as far to say a Sith is more disciplined than a Dark Jedi because Dark Jedi are not so dedicated to a set of teachings. The Dark Jedi simply do what they wish in selfishness. Sith normally have purposes.

14. SateleNovelist11

SateleNovelist11 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 10, 2015
    Just one speck of dust? They must be very thorough!

15. Mira Grau

May 11, 2016
    I think Caedus would crush them one handed. :p

To the question I asked for this week, I have the opinion that a Sith isn't definded though his powers or his behavoir. I think what defies a Sith is the absent of doubts. A Sith fully embraces the dark side, he knows that everything he does serves only his own desires. And he feels no remorse about it.
    The second point is the absent of insecurity, a Sith is fully aware what he needs to do and has no qualms.

So I would say that for example Ventres wasn't a Sith cause she had doubts about her actions.

16. TheSilentInfluence

TheSilentInfluence Retired Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 15, 2014
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.