main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series The *Official* Ahsoka in The Clone Wars thread (general discussion)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by G-FETT, Feb 15, 2008.

1. G-FETT

G-FETT Chosen One star 7

Aug 10, 2001
    OK, so here's what we know officially about Ashoka All seems pretty straightforward. Anakin is assigned a Padawan and they are going to fight together. Fair enough. But the latest Homing Beacon seems to hint that theres more to this than meets the eye;

Accompanying the big news as an introduction to Ahsoka Tano, an intriguing new character to the Star Wars mythos. She's Anakin Skywalker's Padawan, a revelation that's already sparking a lot of discussion. If you're thinking that's out-of-the-ordinary, you're right. But there's still more information on here to come.

So, I think its time for a bit of speculating here. Just who is Ashoka? What part is she going to play in Anakin's story? Will she know about Anakin and Padme's marriage?

And something else I'm wondering, could she have some sort of connection to the Sith? Does Palpatine have anything to do with Anakin being assigned a Padawan in the first place?

And of course, we know something will happen to remove her from Episode III, so what will be Ashoka's ultimate fate?

whostheBossk likes this.
  2. Super_Battle_Droid

Super_Battle_Droid Jedi Master star 5

May 8, 2002
    I think she's Ashla from AOTC. (Ashla being her birth name.)

[image=http://images.wikia.com/starwars/images/1/12/Ashla.jpg]

3. Darth-Wyrm

Darth-Wyrm Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 30, 2005
    I would imagine that she would have to die in front of Anakin. Probably at the hands of Dooku.

I expect Dooku to be the most active Sith in this series since Palpatine will still be "hidden." So Dooku will be the "big bad" if you will. He's the guy Palp uses as a pawn to help push Anakin to the dark side (which culminates in Anakin hating Dooku so much that he executes him in ROTS). It would fit naturally that Anakin and Ashoka will be going after Dooku for most of the series. At some point, I expect Anakin to be blocked off and Ashoka get stuck one on one against Dooku. Kind of like in TPM when Obi-Wan got cut off by the shields and had to watch Qui-Gon get killed by Maul.

Ashoka will be killed by Dooku, and Dooku will flee before Anakin can get to him, leading up to the intro scene in ROTS.

This will feed Anakin's constant fear of not being strong enough to save the people he loves. He wasn't strong enough to save his mother, he wasn't strong enough to save his padawan, and that's why he feared not being strong enough to save his wife.

4. G-FETT

G-FETT Chosen One star 7

Aug 10, 2001
    I'm not so sure. Palpatine will be "hidden" from most of the characters, but I suspect as far as the viewer goes, we'll see him "switching" between persona's, this time.

5. Darth-Wyrm

Darth-Wyrm Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 30, 2005
    Oh I'm sure he'll be visible, but I'm just saying he won't be the targeted bad guy for the Jedi. Basically, it's going to be Anakin and Obi-Wan trying to get to Dooku with all sorts of crap in between. Palp obviously doesn't confront the Jedi until ROTS.

I expect this series to do a lot for Dooku's character. I always thought his character was really lame in the movies. His intro was abrupt and his killing was a bit anticlimactic as well. Darth Maul was cool enough where we didn't need any character development (plus, he didn't exactly live very long to necessitate it). But Dooku played a much larger role in the grand scheme of the prequels and yet was given a fairly cursory treatment in terms of character development. I'm hoping the CW series really flushes out his character the way the books and comics have, if not moreso.

6. SaberJedi2

SaberJedi2 Jedi Master star 4

Apr 5, 2007
    I can definitely see that happening.

As far as her importance goes, I have a theory. Since the Jedi fear that he is too arrogant and cocky, they may give Anakin an apprentice to give him some responsibility. We know that she was sent directly from Yoda so this seems slightly possible.

7. R_Zion

R_Zion Jedi Master star 4

Nov 23, 2004
    Slightly off-topic, as much as everyone wants to see the Obi-Wan/Anakin relationship built, I'd like to see more of the Anakin/Palpatine relationship since Papa Palpatine was supposed to be a mentor of Ani's since he came to the temple.

Tying into all that, I would imagine Palpatine might try, subtly, to either distance Anakin from his duties as a master or perhaps find a way to turn Anakin's view of Ahsoka or vice versa so there's a confrontation, all to eventually build a case against the Jedi.

"Just as your Padawan turned against you, so the Jedi Order itself is turning against you. They don't trust you...don't respect you for who you are but for what you could do for them..."

Then again, it could always just turn back to her murder, though I doubt it's by Dooku. Seeing how passionate Anakin can be, I doubt he'd be as calm as he was when they confront Dooku on the Invisible Hand if he had killed Anakin's padawan. It's probably Asajj, if anyone...

8. MN_JEDI

MN_JEDI Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 22, 2003
    << Ashoka will be killed by Dooku, and Dooku will flee before Anakin can get to him, leading up to the intro scene in ROTS. >>

Hmm...I doubt it. It wouldn't feel right with the ROTS scene. First, after Anakin killed Dooku he felt like it was wrong. Then, Palps says "He cut off your arm and you wanted revenge." Basically stating the reason for Anakin's actions. There is no mention a an apprentice that was killed, which would have been just as big, or a bigger motivation to kill Dooku. I'm sure her death or disappearance will have more of a twist.

9. smudger9

smudger9 Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 29, 2007
    I'm hoping that Ventress kills her.

10. Tyi-Maet_Nefer

Tyi-Maet_Nefer Jedi Master star 6

Jun 17, 2005
    But what if Ashoka lives?

What if she is assumed dead by one of the scenarios you guys have already laid out but actually survives? All through Order 66?

...and is then seen in the live-action series?

Perhaps her importance isn't in the Clone Wars. Perhaps it's in the Jedi Purge.

Perhaps I'm taking too big a leap here, too. :p

11. merlin

merlin Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 29, 1999
    I'm thinking Ahsoka's demise will be when she turns to the dark side. It'll be a nice irony.

12. Jada

Jada Jedi Master star 6

Apr 20, 2006
    Oooo, if Ventress kills her it will be even more ironic.

13. Master_Fwiffo

Master_Fwiffo Jedi Master star 3

May 29, 2001
    I can hope you're right. :D

I think MNJedi is right on the Dooku not killing her - it's an obvious connection on the outside, but it has too many internal inconsistencies. I doubt Dooku will kill her - Asaji perhaps, or maybe someone else.

But I'm kinda leaning toward the idea that she won't die. We don't know at the moment how serious this cartoon is, but I'm thinking that the death of someone so young won't get past the censors. Faceless grunts (clones) sure, important characters occasionally, but a kid that young? I doubt it.

It is perhaps possible that she will somehow lose her memory or force-powers - they could get that into a show for younger audiances, and it would effectively remove her from the Clone Wars. And if they have Dooku behind it, it would leave Anakin pissed, but not the ball of rage he would typically be.

THat's my thoughts.

14. _Sublime_Skywalker_

_Sublime_Skywalker_ Jedi Master star 4

May 8, 2004
    Wow I was just about to start a thread asking if anyone else thought it was weird Anakin gets a padawan. Seems everyone is two steps ahead of me.

I mean, what he gets knighted not even a year before ROTS, so why are they throwing a padawan at him, especially when they don't trust him in the first place.

I imagine she's going to be like a little Anakin, and he's going to love that. There
    gonna become close and while confronting Dooku, she's going to be slaughtered. It will add more to the line in ROTS about Anakin wanting revenge from Dooku. In the newest video on SW.com, the guy says that CW will focus on 'I guess what you could call as Anakin's good side.' So I'm guessing Ashoka will be another attatchment Anakin grows and will ultimately backfire on him.

15. JediMasterJessica

JediMasterJessica Jedi Master star 3

Jul 26, 2005
    I honestly wish that Ahsoka was the Togruta in Force Unleashed, That was be really interesting- Anakin's apprentice vs. Vader's.

16. _Sublime_Skywalker_

May 8, 2004
    That could be really cool. Like she turns her back on the order during clone wars and goes into isolation. Only to learn about the purge a few years later, decides to go after the man/machine responsible.

"Ashoka, I AM your master!"
    "It's not true, it can't be!"

WHATATWIST!

17. SaberJedi2

SaberJedi2 Jedi Master star 4

Apr 5, 2007
    It would seem like such a major part in the saga to be left out of the 6 movies. Personally, I'm hoping that she'll turn to the dark side and then is killed by either Anakin or Obi-Wan. Something like that might make Anakin ashamed or embarassed and would give reason not to talk about it during the films. If she did turn to the dark side Anakin would view it as a failure.

18. Darth_Foo

Darth_Foo Force Ghost star 4

Feb 24, 2003
    "Ashoka: What will her importance be in The Clone Wars?"

to die and push anakin a bit closer to the dark side. [face_devil]

19. DarthArachnid

DarthArachnid Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 25, 2004
    I dont know about this whole 'Anakin had a padawan' thing. It messes up the continuity of character development with the movies.
    Like other people mentioned, its too short of a timeframe. He wasn't capable yet, and the Jedi didn't trust him.
    Besides, allthough its a pretty big thing, its not mentioned in the movies.

I think its just another idea Lucas came up with long after he thought out the prequelstories, and now tries to cram it in there.
    Sure it will make for great new stories, but it sure messes up the story overall.

I still think the series will be amusing though.

20. Meriwyn

Meriwyn Former RSA star 4

Mar 22, 2002
    I have to admit I'm not buying this whole Anakin-has-a-padawan thing. It doesn't fit his character or his personality. He's way too into himself (as odd as that sounds), and as it was stated earlier, the Jedi Council simply don't trust him. To me it seems like another excuse to get yet another a half-dressed female into the Star Wars universe. But I digress...

My guess is she will either be taken out by Asajj Ventress or Grievous. They have to actually SHOW him earning his title as a Jedi Killer (considering we haven't seen him do anything spectacular thusfar LOL).

21. _Sublime_Skywalker_

May 8, 2004
    Even if Grievous does kill Ashoka, it only further proves me and SSS's point back in the PT forum that Grievous mainly preyed on padawans.

I'm guessing she'll be killed by Asajj, because my theory of Dooku killing her was corrected rightfully.

I agree with you though, Meriwyn, It just doesn't make sense that Anakin would have a padawan, especially after we've been told threw wookiepedia and other SW sources that Anakin was never granted one. The council thinks he's immature, irresponsible and reckless. Of course that might just be the reason why yoda grants him one in the first place, to hopefully help him grow up and clean up his act alittle. However it just doesn't add up that he's granted a padawan so early after being knighted.

I know, I know, Obi Wan got Anakin while skipping the trials. But he was going to train him whether the council permitted it or not, so it was a special case. Giving Anakin a padawan, someone who's so powerful yet has so many faults with attatchment and arrogance, is dangerous. But then again, not as dangerous as assigning him to spy on the chancellor.

22. WookieeWarrior9

WookieeWarrior9 Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 5, 2007
    I have a feeling that, oh, maybe it will be explained in the series. Just a guess. It's also important to remember that he's only going to have a padawan for a very brief period of time, a few months at most. And he was on the council, which means they do trust him more than a lot of you are giving them credit for.

And as far as the EU books and comics go, the authors know about as much as we do. George is heavily involved with this series. Those authors are really just guessing.

23. LilyHobbitJedi

LilyHobbitJedi Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 29, 2005
    I don't have a ton of expectations for Ahsoka, but I can say that I can't wait to see her in the movie.

24. Tyi-Maet_Nefer

Tyi-Maet_Nefer Jedi Master star 6

Jun 17, 2005
    Tartakovsky's Clone Wars Series showed some of that. A lot of it actually; it made him out to be something much more fearsome than what we saw on film.

25. DarthAnakin101

DarthAnakin101 Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 21, 2005
    I'm actually really looking forward to seeing her. I think Yoda sent her to Anakin to help keep him grounded and allow him a learning experience. I also think the Jedi Council wants to give Anakin more responsibility so that he thinks he has their trust. A padawan would let him know that they believe he is capable of trining someone, so its a way of telling him they trust his judgement.

I hope she doesn't die. I agree with the people who say she'll have something to do with the Purge. I'm pretty sure its Shaak Ti on Felucia in "The Force Unleashed," though.