main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

FanFic Ask Me Anything ~*~ Version 3.0 Daily Questions (See list on pg 164 or 1)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by mavjade , Mar 14, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Space_Wolf

Space_Wolf Jedi Master star 3

Mar 13, 2007
    It does happen occasionally but most of the time now I have nights where I'm tired but just can't get to sleep. That messes up my sleeping patterns.

It's not much of a secret. I fell behind with the Dear Diary Challenge because I was unwell in the summer. I'm going to see if I can bring myself up to speed on it and post the 2nd part of it next year. I have done around 50,000 words on it already, so it will probably end up being one of the longest things I've ever written.

2. Goodwood

Goodwood Jedi Master star 5

May 11, 2011
    When you come across a story idea you want to pursue and write, do you just set a course and go or do you plot out/outline everything? Or are you somewhere in between?

3. Space_Wolf

Mar 13, 2007
    It depends on the kind of story that I am writing. This diary gives me the freedom to change direction when I feel like it because life is like that.

4. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    As a student, are you a procrastinator or do you like to get assignments out of the way as soon as possible? Are you mathematically challenged? [face_laugh]

5. Findswoman

Findswoman Fanfic and Pancakes and Waffles Mod (in Pink) star 5 Staff Member Manager

Feb 27, 2014
    What year of university are you in? Any post-uni plans yet, or is it too early to ask? ;)

6. Space_Wolf

Mar 13, 2007
    To answer both of those questions - I finished uni quite a while ago now. I should have been doing a Master's but due to my partner becoming ill and lots of other things which have caused disruption recently I've not been able to do it. I hope I can go back one day. I would be doing a course with the Open University if the government had not put up all the fees to ridiculous heights so that no one can study them anymore.

7. Goodwood

May 11, 2011
    Okay, with Mav gone and Space_Wolf having served out her sentence, it looks like the AMA thread is without a victim...

...cue an encore performance of Goodwood!
    seriously, feel free to ask me anything

8. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Hi there. [:D] [:D] Will you be doing a Dear Diary next year, and if so, will it be similar to this year's riveting and poignant "Pilot Log"?

9. Goodwood

May 11, 2011
    I'm glad you're enjoying my DDC '14! [:D] But in answer to your question, it depends on a lot of things, really, not least which how the current one pans out. If so, at the very least you can expect the pacing to be a lot more placid (as in, more time between entries), though each one might be fairly longer than the longest ones that've been written in this year's. It's too early to say what ideas might occur...I suppose you'll just have to wait and see... ;)

BTW just as an aside, I'm going to hold off on answering more questions until there's at least about three or four posted—to cut down on the number of answering posts, if nothing else.

10. Chyntuck

Chyntuck Force Ghost star 5

Jul 11, 2014
    Yay, Goodwood! I have a gazillion questions for you. I'll start with the flying bit, but be ready for more!

Why do you love flying? Do you like flying as a passenger? Did you ever try any sort of flying (plane, skydiving, parachute jump, balloon, paragliding, etc)?

11. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    Who do you consider the best dressed male in SW?

Who do you consider the best dressed female in SW?

12. Briannakin

Briannakin Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 25, 2010
    Hey guys. Since mav is away this week, there will be NO SUBJECT FOR THIS WEEK'S FFAMA. Any 'encore questions' should be ignored as it is NOT FAIR to other participants.

A special thanks to Space_Wolf for being a great participant.

13. Space_Wolf

Mar 13, 2007
    It was fun. I may consider doing this again at some point, when you've been through everyone who wants to do it, and most of the questions were interesting ones to answer.

14. mavjade

mavjade Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 10, 2005
    Just FYI, we will have a new victim soon-ish.

15. mavjade

mavjade Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 10, 2005
    And we are back this week with a new victim! [face_devil]
    :p

Everyone please ask your questions of... Mando-Man

16. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    What drew you to SW and thence to fanfiction?

17. Goodwood

May 11, 2011
    What enticed you into becoming a Fandalorian? :p ;)

18. Mando-Man

Mando-Man Jedi Master star 2

Dec 1, 2008
    Well I'm a big gamer and sometime ago Lucasarts released Republic Commando in the game guide there was a reprinting of the first chapter of the novel Republic Commando: Hard Contact by Karen Traviss. I'd been writing horrible stories for years before I started posting here. I did a Google search for RepCom fics and found a few results here written by Antilles2001 and Kudzu. The two of them were big helps in terms of me learning how to format and put together a fic.

But I'd been a fan of Star Wars since seeing the movies.

19. Chyntuck

Jul 11, 2014
    Jango Fett or Boba Fett?

20. Mando-Man

Dec 1, 2008
    The Republic Commando novels and the Boba Fett sub story in the LotF series, which I enjoyed far more than the main storyline btw.

21. Mando-Man

Dec 1, 2008
    Boba Fett

Chyntuck likes this.
  22. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    Who do you consider the best dressed male in SW?

Who do you consider the best dressed female in SW?

23. Chyntuck

Jul 11, 2014
    With all your writing about the Mandalorians, are there any important elements of fanon you developed?

24. Findswoman

Findswoman Fanfic and Pancakes and Waffles Mod (in Pink) star 5 Staff Member Manager

Feb 27, 2014
    Hello. Good to meet you—I don't think we've officially met. :)

What did you think about the portrayal of Boba Fett in the story in Tales of the Bounty Hunters? Any thoughts on the other stories in that collection, too?

25. Mando-Man

Dec 1, 2008
    I've got an extensive storyline spanning a few stories. I have created a few fanon items related to Mandalore but they aren't going to see the light of day until I finish my current story.

I haven't read Tales of the Bounty Hunters yet. I do have it on my bookshelf though, I picked up most of the EU novels in a giant box at a yard sale for ten bucks.

Findswoman and Chyntuck like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.