main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beneath the Surface - AU to JA6/7 - co-written by Angel_Skywalker -- Updated 01/26/03

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by Lyn_Morningstar, Jan 1, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lyn_Morningstar

Lyn_Morningstar Jedi Youngling

Aug 20, 2002
    Title: Beneath The Surface
    Author: Lyn Morningstar and Angel Skywalker
    Timeframe: AU to JA 6 and 7 (starts in the second half of JA 6)
    Summary: What if something had happened between Obi-Wan sending his message to Qui-Gon and Qui-Gon's arrival on Melida/Daan? And what if that something were threatening Obi-Wan's life without Qui-Gon's knowledge?
    Disclaimer: We do not own Star Wars, Qui-Gon, Obi-Wan, JA or any other of the recognizable features of this story. We do own the plot of this story and any original characters herein however.

Beneath The Surface

Prologue

He was nervous.

Extremely nervous

Unfortunately he had to appear calm and collected.

But he had made his decision and so now he was going to stick by it.

After all, he had nothing left to lose.

With a last deep breath, Obi-Wan stepped into the recording range of the holo-projector.

He opened his mouth and out came... nothing. How did one begin such a letter?

Sighing he stepped back and rewound the holo. At least it wasn't a live transmission, he thought ruefully.

"Okay, next try," he whispered to himself and once again stepped in front of the recording device.

He bowed. "Hello Qui-Gon. I know that I hurt you and I'm truly sorry. If I were able to change what has happened, I would. But now I need your help, Melida/Daan needs your help..." Obi-Wan stopped and shook his head. He switched the projector off a second time.

"Sith!" he swore frustratedly. "I'm sounding like a little lost child! But this is entirely too important to mess up like this. I have to inform the Jedi about our situation, this is not a personal letter. I have to make this work, for Cerasi."

A deep sadness filled him at the thought of his now dead friend.

Again taking a deep breath and collecting all the strength he had, he readied the recorder one last time.

Well, three's the charm, he reminded himslef and looked straight into the recorder. After one more moment he started to speak: "Cerasi is dead."

Any words of greeting would be misplaced here, and he owed it to Cerasi that the Jedi would come. "She was caught in a cross-fire between the Elder and the Young forces. Now each side blames the other for her death. Even Nield is ready to battle. Wehutti's forces have rearmed."

An expression of pain flickered over his face, but it was gone almost as soon as it had come. "My squad has been disbanded. I have no command, no way to convince the others to disarm. I don't know what to do."

He paused, now would be the hardest part oof the message: Convincing Qui-Gon.

"I am no longer a Jedi. Yet I know what a Jedi can do. And I know that only a Jedi can help."

His mouth was dry, but he paused for only a heartbeat and then continued: "Qui-Gon, I realize I have done harm to us. But will you help me now?"

Relieved at finally having brought up the courage to record the message, and hoping that his request would be granted, Obi-Wan terminated the recording by stepping out of the recorder's range. Now all he could do was make sure that the message would reach its destination - Master Yoda - and wait for a reply. And knowing the boundaries of his patience, he was sure that waiting was going to be the hardest part yet.

Therefore he was almost grateful when he received a message telling him of an attack on one of the Young's camps.

2. Angel_Skywalker

Angel_Skywalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 10, 2002
    So we really started this. I didn´t believe that we would ever get so far :p .

3. Lyn_Morningstar

Aug 20, 2002
    Oh, I don't know. We have only written the first four posts so far. We could still stop... [face_mischief]

Just kidding. 8-}

4. Angel_Skywalker

Feb 10, 2002
    Okay the posts are written, the plot is planed. We just need a few readers here. Anyone lurking around, besides Lyn and me???

5. Nicky

Nicky Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 25, 2002
    Definitely interesting! I hope you're going to continue soon!

Nicky

6. Angel_Skywalker

Feb 10, 2002
    Nicky: Thanks ;) We´re glad to see you here! And don´t worry. The new part will be posted during the next weak. At least I think so!

Angkl

7. CYNICAL21

CYNICAL21 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 8, 2001
    Intriguing start - and an excellent look into the psyche of someone so wounded and lost.

To paraphrase one of my favorite movies: "If you write it, they will come."

:D

More soon would be nice.

CYN

8. IceAngel1026

IceAngel1026 Jedi Youngling

Sep 20, 2002
    Delurking here...can you do that on a board of this size? Anyway, I love it! Update soon! I'm bored, I have another couple of weeks of vacation until school starts up again, and I have nothing to do...well...nothing until all my friends get back from their vacations to warmer climates (DAMN THEM!) GIVE ME SOMETHING TO READ!

-Ice

9. Angel_Skywalker

Feb 10, 2002
    CYNICLE21: ;) Thanks we`re glad to read this! *
    If you write it, they will come."
    Great statement and seems to be truth ;)

IceAngel1026: You have still vacations? Lucky one! Believe me school is even more boring than anything else :p
    The Prologe is already finished and I think Lyn is going to post the rest this week ;)

Thanks for your replies :D

Angel

10. Lyn_Morningstar

Aug 20, 2002
    Sorry for the long delay in posting the second part. It - the same as the third and fourth part - has already been written. I just didn't have the time to post it yet. Though I will do so in a few minutes.

~Lyn~

11. Lyn_Morningstar

Aug 20, 2002
    On his way to the camp he felt a light disturbance in the force. Trusting in his feelings he made a sharp turn left, where he saw two of the younger children making their way out of the now dangerous area surrounding the camp. He had just enough time to notice the light being reflected off of a gun above them, before the disturbance became urgent. Reacting quickly, he pushed them into the momentary safety of a nearby house entrance. Carried by the force of his own speed, he stumbled on a stone and fell.

He heard the gun being released and almost simultaneously he felt a searing pain shooting through the right side of his stomach. Stubbornly he refused to cry out, even though it felt as if his body were on fire. Seeing the frightened looks upon the faces of the two children he heavily drew upon the force to remain conscious. His main focus at the moment was staying alive and bringing the children to safety.

Taking even more strength from the force, he managed to stand up and join the children in the house before their attacker had had enough time to shoot at him again.

Once he had arrived in the house, where he saw the now questioning looks on the two children?s faces, he started leading them to a back-door. There he suspected to find another team that would be able to help him. He tried to smile in order to calm the children down, but due to the pain he hadn?t been able to block, it came out as more of a grimace.

Although the way to the door probably only took a few moments, to Obi-Wan it felt like an eternity. When they had finally reached it, he felt that, whether there actually was a team or not, he wasn?t going to make it for much longer.

But for once he got lucky: There was a team. And when they saw him and the two children step out of the building ? or, in Obi-Wan?s case, drag out of it -, they immediately came towards them.

But even before they could reach them, Obi-Wan fell to his knees and began to lose the last of his strength.

The last thing he heard were the team?s shouts for help.

Then, everything went black.

12. Angel_Skywalker

Feb 10, 2002
    Well, Lyn, at least I like it ;)

Maybe we should do some advertising :p

Angel

13. Lyn_Morningstar

Aug 20, 2002
    How about we put the address in our signatures? That's at least a start.

So you liked it? Not really surpriseing considering we wrote it together - literally!

See you tomorrow!

~Lyn~

14. Angel_Skywalker

Feb 10, 2002
    I already tried to put the adress in my signatur. But there´s no space left :( . I´m going to show it in my BIO.

Did you post it into the "Saga Index"?
    And did you already PM the readers about the post. If not, tell me, then I´ll do it for you.

Angel

15. Nicky

Oct 25, 2002
    Thanks for the pm! I didn't notice the update before!

Nice chapter - and don't take so long in posting the next one since I'm eager to learn just how badly Obi-Wan is injured and in what state Qui-Gon'll eventually find him. :)

Nicky

16. Lyn_Morningstar

Aug 20, 2002
    Don't worry. We don't plan on waiting this long with the next update. Though you might wish we had...

17. Nicky

Oct 25, 2002
    Well, as long as it's good Obi-torture... *eg*

Nicky

18. Angel_Skywalker

Feb 10, 2002
    We, toturing our dear Obi. How can you even think of something like that
    *Angel tries to look innocent, not really succesful* [face_devil]

Well I´m going to post the next part. But Lyn wanted to beta it before and she just hasn´t sent it back, yet....

Angel

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.