main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Shine Until Tomorrow (Late JA) ANNOUNCEMENT

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by LuvEwan, Jan 5, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LuvEwan

LuvEwan Jedi Master star 4

Mar 24, 2002
    Shine Until Tomorrow
    By LuvEwan

(PG-13- Nothing explicit, just goes a few shades darker than my usual tone)

(Late JA era- Obi-Wan is 21)

Obi-Wan finds himself at the core of a deceptive, ancient web, rocked by revealed secrets, and a precious fate betrayed.

Disclaimer** Any recognizable characters are the sole property of George Lucas. I do not claim ownership of this Universe, only the need to express my creativity through it. It would be a waste of time to attempt to sue me; I have no money whatsoever.

^*^*^

^^^^^^^^^^This is dedicated to the readers who have devoutly read my meager literary offerings, and showered me with kind words. I am deeply thankful to you (Cas, Shiela, PK, Shaindl, M_C_K, Nat,Wild_Huntress, Jedi Knight Hunter and anyone who has taken a moment from their day to respond to my posts). ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

^*^*^

Chapter One: The Still Moment

The still moment

When the dew clings steadfast to the leaf

And rolling clouds halt in a gray-streaked sky

To allow the last placid breath to be gathered?

Before the cold clutches an oblivious world,

Before the warmth is leeched,

Before the ice spreads over a trembling mind?

And tragedy reigns.

^*^*^

Not really a teaser, I know, but anyone intrigued? Interested? I decided to start the topic because I couldn't stand leaving it unwritten any longer. This will not effect the posting on any other story. This might not be updated daily, but it will never be left dead. So...?

2. Cascadia

Cascadia Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 15, 2002
    Of course I'm interested and intrigued and a million other things. I'm really looking forward to this, LE! [face_love]

3. Shaindl

Shaindl Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 18, 2002
    Oh YEAH! TOTALLY INTERESTED!

And thanks for mentioning me in your intro - it's really sweet and means a lot. I love your stories - the least I can do is tell you!

Shaindl

4. Jedi_Suzuran

Jedi_Suzuran Jedi Knight star 5

May 22, 2002
    I'm quite intrigued, and the beginning looks great. Hope there's more soon. :)

5. CYNICAL21

CYNICAL21 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 8, 2001
    Holy Cow! How totally dramatic, and what a marvelous image!

Intriguing? You betcha.

CYN

6. Sheila

Sheila Jedi Master star 4

Oct 6, 2002
    Intrigued? Are you kidding?

I was intrigued when I found out you were writing a new story.

I was drawn in by your summary alone.

I was flabergasted to be among those you dedicated the story to.

And, I was hopelessly hooked by the poetic teaser you wrote.

I am thrilled to be onboard and ready to ride. Lead us where you will LE . :)

7. LuvEwan

Mar 24, 2002
    Wow. [face_blush] I'm a little intimidated now!!! I hope this meets any expectations you have---Some of my favorite people have already responded, I would hate to let them down!!!

P.S. to Shiela: It would be a crime not to dedicate it to someone who has responded to basically every post on my stories. Dedication like that doesn't come along every day. [face_love] Same goes for you, Shaindl !!!! :D I don't know what I'd do without you guys!!!

8. Wild_Huntress

Wild_Huntress Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 15, 2002
    "Shine until tomorrow, let it be..." :D This sounds intriguing LE! Can't wait till it starts.

9. LuvEwan

Mar 24, 2002
    Hey!!! The lyrics weren't supposed to come til the very end of the fic!!! :mad: ... ;)

10. LuvEwan

Mar 24, 2002
    *gulp* Here we go again...

First post:

^*^*^

Her bare feet stepped softly upon the maroon strip of carpet. Rich fabric she had studied during her numerous journeys here. Often she contemplated the need for this place, that stridently condoned bare necessity above nicety, to indulge in such expensive velour.

The flowing white gown brushed against her toes, as the long, brown mane did along her waist. The silky tendrils, always worn in an ornate, stylized fashion, as to express her station as well as what she liked to think of as a creative flair, were required to be released to wavy freedom.

Her face was stripped of cosmetic enhancements, leaving her features natural and, though she hated to admit, feeling grotesquely naked.

She walked on, pace deliberately slow, and therefor respectful. Her small, olive-tinted shoulders were squared. Her hands, the polish rubbed clean from well-manicured nails, were clasped together.

The gold-flecked walls were adorned with massive portraits of saints, engaged in a miraculous healing effort, or, more prominently, brandishing a sleek, silver weapon of battle.

Their bodies were sculpted, their hair flowing in wind.

Small eyes, peeking out from cavernous slits, seemed to watch her.

She suppressed the shiver, and her frame remained unaffected. These were the backdrop of her childhood, the landscape that sometimes appeared in foggy dreams.

White candles hung from the ceiling, suspended by thin strings of spun gold. Small flames, resembling blazing tears, cast warm light on her face, and pooled shadows there.

She sealed emerald eyes against it. The heat spreading on her cheek seemed to seep into her soul, stirring once stagnant sin, now illuminated by holy incandescence.

But there weren't many evils to be disturbed in her. Others---many others, with attentive gazes and strong, unyielding hands---would not allow the young spirit to be stained.

She told herself she was grateful. Vices poisoned an aura, and once tainted, salvation by the Above was lost.

Her delicate, almost frail hand drifted to her belly, the swell all but gone. She blinked suddenly, rapidly, tears collecting on her eyelashes.

I am thankful.

At last, she reached the altar, and knelt, pressing her forehead to the crystals.

They were cold, like shards of ice poking into tender skin.

But they were redemption, and so she stayed.

She prayed, thick, auburn strands spilling around her

She did not hear the padding of footsteps as they approached, did not ascend her vision to catch the cloaked figures as they came smoothly toward her---nearly gliding.

And then she did feel the pain, lancing through her back.

"Mialalla zim tu loora." A voice rasped, and must surely have echoed, for the words filled the Sanctuary, hushed tones scraping her ears.

She gasped, falling hard on her spine. Blood spread, to mingle with the garnet tone of the lush carpet. A cloudiness filmed her eyes, and the candlelight seared her, hovering above her writhing form, until darkness completely smothered her.

Melinara a'Lourn was dead.

^*^*^

??? :confused: ???

What do ya think???

11. Sheila

Sheila Jedi Master star 4

Oct 6, 2002
    This post was beautifully written. Very descriptive and mysterious. The ending was unexpected and you even wrote the violence as something almost beautiful to go with the scene you have set.

Her delicate, almost frail hand drifted to her belly, the swell all but gone.

This line and your description of the woman make me think this may be Obi-Wan's mother. If so, I am left to wonder who killed her and why? Very intriguing. :)

12. Cascadia

Apr 15, 2002
    I think Sheila just about summed it up. This is a very mysterious post, and makes me eager to know what this is all about. As always, the descriptions are lovely and the post is compelling. More soon please! [face_love]

13. Wild_Huntress

Jul 15, 2002
    Whoah. [face_shocked] Very mysterious, chilling and beautifully written. ;) Great job and I can't wait to see more!

14. LuvEwan

Mar 24, 2002
    Definitely a post tomorrow----I went crazy and started writing more when I should have been sleeping. Obi post tomorrow---ooooh... is it ever! [face_love]

Til tomorrow. Thank you for the replies.

15. PaddyJuan

PaddyJuan Jedi Master star 4

Nov 15, 2002
    The beginning is intriguing

16. Cascadia

Apr 15, 2002
    I keep forgetting to thank you for the dedication, LE! That was so sweet! [face_love]

Oh, and an OBI post! I can't wait until then. :D

17. Nat

Nat Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 11, 2002
    :eek: That was fantastic! Very mysterious...

Hee hee! Another LE story!

*fastens her seatbelt*

I'm ready for the ride! :D

18. Jedi_Knight_Hunter

Jedi_Knight_Hunter Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 6, 2002
    That was great! You can't leave us hanging here long!

19. jedi7

jedi7 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 8, 2002
    ****UP*****

20. CYNICAL21

CYNICAL21 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 8, 2001
    Lovely visuals, LE - and hugely intriguing. You have, of course, posed far more questions than you've answered - and done so with very indentifiable style.

Can't wait for more - even if I don't have ANY time to keep track of another fic. Guess it's time to learn to deal with sleep deprivation!!

CYN

21. LuvEwan

Mar 24, 2002
    Shiela Obi-Wan's mother??? Hmmm...Anything's possible. ;) Thank you for your kind reply, as always.

Cas [face_blush] Aw, shucks!!! Thank you.

Wild_Huntress Thank you so much!!! I'm very glad you're enjoying it!!!

PaddyJuan Happy you're intrigued. ;)

Nat Judging from the storyline I have lightly mapped out, you might need a helmet too. [face_devil]

Jedi_Knight_Hunter Come on, you know I wouldn't leave you hanging! :D

jedi7 Aaaaaah!! When I saw your icon I nearly died! It's so adorable!!! And thanks for the boost.

Cyn Whenever you reply to my story, I feel like I must be doing something right. I hope you stick with it. ;)

As promised, here's your Obi post. Hope its worthy.

^*^*^

Obi-Wan twisted beneath the covers, his forehead creasing. He groaned between grit teeth. Slumber dissipated, and painful consciousness invaded, uninvited, curling his fingers and stretching the agony taut throughout his body.

He clutched his stomach and bit down on his lip to stifle the wail trembling on the edge of his bruising lips. The apprentice pulled his knees to his chest, only to have the discomfort intensify tenfold.

He forced his breath to be even, to spread a desperate tranquility over his rebellious insides.

The hurt can only touch you if you allow it to reach that far. The hurt can only touch you if you allow it to reach that far?The hurt..

But the soothing tones of ancient mantras weakened in the midst of bald suffering. A trembling was beginning to overtake him, and he shuddered, clamminess collecting as a sheen on skin, glowing in the yellow midnight.

The hurt can only?.

The repeated verse was twisted to a foreign message, in a voice far different, deeper and raking.
    Mialalla zim tu loora.

Confusion rattled his mind. He lay still for a moment, chest heaving, bathed in sweat, the sheet draped across his midsection, wondering where the obvious ramble had originated.

And at that moment, the door slid open. A tall, rangy figure rushed toward him.

Obi-Wan's pant was caught in his throat as he watched his Master lean over him.

The face, that might have been possessed by royalty in another life-that was still handsomely regal in this existence, was haggard. Subtle wrinkles were made prevalent in the muted moonlight. His eyes were wildly concerned, but focused. "Padawan, what's wrong?" He whispered.

Obi-Wan's ginger hair had wilted to his forehead, and he turned away carefully, embarrassed at his apparent lack of shielding. It was not enough to be quiet. Not with his Master. "I'll be alright." The young man intoned.

Qui-Gon sighed heavily, sitting beside his long-time companion. He expected this from the padawan infamous for concealing injury and overlooking sickness, who would rather die from his ailments than utter a syllable for help. It was a habit that sorely needed to be discarded. Or ---sooner or later---Jinn would throw caution to the wind, and beat it out of him. He gazed down upon Obi-Wan, maintaining his Force-given grace while fighting the lingering malady in his abdomen, and knew he could never raise a hand to him. Instead, he brushed tender fingers across his cheek. "Why do you insist on solitary torment, my weary Padawan?"

Obi-Wan gripped the covers. "Go back to bed, Master."

The Master glanced at the grasp his charge held, noting that it was turning his knuckles bone-white. He pried the blankets away, settling them at Obi-Wan's knees, and lifted the nightshirt clinging to Obi-Wan's damp chest. With an expert touch more suited to the Temple Healers, he sought the knots in his stomach, and proceeded to massage them.

Any protest died before full conception. The smaller Jedi relaxed onto his pillow. Relief glittered in moist, cerulean eyes.

Qui-Gon pressed and rubbed gingerly on a particularly sore area, eliciting a muffled moan from his Padawan. He studied the beloved countenance, strikingly beautiful

22. Wild_Huntress

Jul 15, 2002
    :_| [face_love] <<<--- See this? ;) Very sweet. Great start/ almost start.

23. Cascadia

Apr 15, 2002
    Oh, no, didn't sour anything at all. :D I loved the whole post. This is very interesting. What does Obi's assault on M'Lirn have to do with anything, and why did his mantra turn into that chant. I must know more. Soon.

Very well done, LE! Looks like another great story. I'm looking forward to more. [face_love]

24. obi_ew

obi_ew Jedi Master star 5

Apr 14, 2002
    * sighs * I need to stop reading your stuff you know.Makes me very jealous! :D Beautifully written exchange between these two as usual!I am also amazed by your apparent ability to juggle so many complex fics at one time and somehow keep them straight!I write one at a time and it requires every ounce of my concentration! :p

25. Jedi_Knight_Hunter

Jedi_Knight_Hunter Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 6, 2002
    I can't believe it! Its another fic that I can stand QGJ. I'm inrigued, I want to know more about that mission!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.