main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

From A - Z, AU AOTC, adventure, Ani/OC mush, COMPLETED 3/8 Part 22 - From A - Z...

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by Bellyup, Jan 12, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bellyup

Bellyup Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 29, 2002
    ?From A ? Z? A sequel to A Twist of Fate by ME! Bellyup!

**Summary:** For those of you who don?t want to waste your time reading the above link, here?s a brief intro: Anakin has lost the podrace on Tatooine and Qui-Gon has had to make contact with the Naboo, resulting in Darth Maul tracing the connection and coming to the planet. He was killed in a lightsabre fight with Obi-Wan. Obi-Wan has now become Jedi Knight and has started training his own Padawan. With permission from the Council, Qui-Gon has freed and married Shmi Skywalker and is now training Anakin as his own Padawan.

**Rated:** PG

**Disclaimer:** These are all characters invented by me and I am getting paid SSSSSSOOOOOO much money for them!!!! I should be charging you guys to read this stuff!!! Muahahahahaha? *voice trails off*?huh?don?t I wish?

Actually, these are mostly characters created by George Lucas and I am using them for the sole reason that they are amazing people and a lot of fun to write. Now, the few characters that are mine (you?ll know them by their unfamiliar names) are?well?mine?If you want to ever use them (something I strongly doubt) I would be so honoured and pleased that a simple PM asking for permission would suffice, and I would give my character to you gladly to do with as you please.

(pronunciation: Ziare = zie ? AIR, Codiet = COE ? dee ? et, Taronak = TARE - un - ack)

And now?

~~~~~~Part 1~~~~~~

Shmi Skywalker-Jinn bustled around her small kitchen in a miniature tornado of excitement. She hummed happily as she chopped vegetables into a hot frying pan for the evening meal. The evening meal. She sighed happily at the thought of dinner that night. Finally, the family would be together again, if only for a short time. Qui-Gon and Ani were always off on long training periods or missions leaving hardly any time for domesticity. This past field trip with several other Master/Padawan couples had taken them away from Courascant and the family for almost three weeks.

As she swept the vegetable ends into the sink, she shook her head in disbelief. Could it really be true that she, a former slave with no future or hope, was now a wife, a housekeeper and twice, a Mother? It seemed like only yesterday that she and Qui-Gon had stood underneath that tree and pledged matrimony to each other forever. But it was coming nigh on ten years.

She whisked a bowl from beneath the counter and began measuring flour, dried milk and meal. Even with all the technological comforts that Courascant offered, she was used to doing everything the old-fashioned way, whether it was making beds or making bread. Water and cloves were mixed in and Shmi?s strong hands were soon gently kneading the soft ball of dough. Her thoughts strayed over the past, savouring each memory and treasuring it like a jewel.

After she and Qui-Gon were married, they had bought a small house in a fairly quiet part of Courascant, not too far away from the Jedi Temple so that he and Anakin could come home fairly often. For two years, Shmi had been perfectly happy in her little house. She would cook and clean and sew, and she met her few neighbours. Qui-Gon and Anakin would come home almost every night and she was complete. But as time went on, and her husband and son went away more and more often, Shmi began to feel lonely and restless. After a long talk with Qui-Gon, the two of them decided that all she needed was a little more company.

Codiet was adopted.

Having a baby to cuddle and fuss over was all that was needed to bring Shmi back to her happy and content self, and having a normal child with no funny Force powers or such nonsense was even better. Cody went through the rewarding stage of talking and walking, and the agonizing process of potty-training just like every other child. When he was five he started attending the afternoon school programs and when he was seven he found his first best friend. Now, at almost ten, Cod

2. Master_Jador

Master_Jador Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 31, 2002
    I'm excited, Bellyup! This is fantastic! Honestly, I think this has the potential to be even better than A Twist of Fate!

EDIT: I get the first reply! Hurrah!

3. Bellyup

Jun 29, 2002
    Thanks Jador! Yeah, I agree. Twist of Fate was almost like a practice writing exercise, it's the first time I've attempted to write a story all by myself. So now that I've had some practice, I'm writing 'The Real Thing'. You could almost say that I wrote Twist of Fate so that I could have an excuse to write a sequel-lol. ;)

4. Bellyup

Jun 29, 2002
    OK, I blush with shame as I do this, but I have to UP this fic cuz it has dropped really fast and no-one has seen it!!!

*sinks into ground with embarrasment*

5. PhoenixMage

PhoenixMage Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 6, 2002
    *Jumps up and down* SEQUEL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I want to see who the visitors are! Please? With sugar on top?????????????????? SEQUEL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! *Starts running around insanely*

6. Dally

Dally Jedi Master star 4

Apr 2, 2001
    Interesting start! I am curious to see where this goes.

7. Bellyup

Jun 29, 2002
    LOL-Thanks Phoenix!

Dally-I'm curious to see where it goes too... ;)

~~~~~~Part 2~~~~~~

?Why, come in! We were just sitting down to supper, would you like to stay??

Obi-Wan chuckled. ?Not even the most skilled Sith could make me turn down an offer to eat one of Shmi Skywalker?s delicious meals!? Shmi laughed and patted the man?s cheek as if he were as old as Cody.

?You old charmer! And Ziare! My goodness, look at you!? Shmi put her hands on the girl?s shoulders and looked her up and down. ?Why, you aren?t a little girl anymore are you??

?I?m almost seventeen, you can decide for yourself whether that?s a little girl or not.? Ziare Traina?s grey eyes sparkled and she put her arms around Shmi in a friendly hug. The others had gotten up from the table by now and had made their way to the front door.

?Obi-Wan!?

?Hello Qui-Gon! Good to see you again!?

The former Master and Padawan slapped each other on the back and they all exchanged greetings while Cody skipped happily in circles around everyone.

?We?re going to have a party! We?re going to have a party!? He crowed happily. He hadn?t had this much excitement since his best friend Kali had attempted to bring a baby Bantha to school.

Anakin had stopped in his tracks upon sight of the strange, beautiful girl on the doorstep. Who was she?? Her dusky black hair was tied back loosely at the nape of her neck and wavy tendrils framed her face softly. Her large grey eyes were alert, taking in every detail around her and a sprinkling of freckles covered her upturned nose. She looked a little like?but no, it couldn?t be. He peered closer and to his surprise saw that it was?

?Zi??? He gasped in amazement. Ziare looked past Shmi?s shoulder.

?Oh, hello Anakin.? She responded lightly. ?How are things??

?Uhh?fine I guess. Gosh, you look different. I didn?t know you could change so much in three years.?

Ziare wrinkled up her nose. ?Is that supposed to be a compliment Anakin Skywalker??

Anakin stuttered for an answer but Zi carried recklessly on.

??Cause if it is, why don?t you just come right out and say it? I?ve always wondered why people are so embarrassed about giving people compliments. That?s like hiding your head in a paper sack after you?ve had your hair brushed and cleaned.?

Anakin rolled his eyes. ?There?s another piece of Traina logic for you.? He thought to himself.

?Oh alright then.? He assumed a rapturous expression, clasped his hands in front of him and said in exaggerated wonder, ?My dear, sweet Ziare, you are looking magnificently splendid in your simple and pure beauty tonight. Mine eyes have never gazed upon such a gorgeous figure as thine.?

?Now that?s more like it!? Ziare took Anakin?s offered arm and as they walked towards the table, queried, ?Why don?t people talk like that more often? The galaxy would be such a pleasanter place.?

?Yeah, well the galaxy has things to do. People don?t have time to take a whole paragraph to say something they can say in three words.? He glanced at Ziare out of the corner of his eye and muttered, ?Unlike some people I know.?

?I heard that.? The girl pressed her lips into a prim line. ?And it wasn?t very nice. What?s wrong with talking? We were made with mouths and I intend to use mine to its fullest capacity before I die.?

?I think you already have.? Anakin grumbled, as he pulled out a chair for Ziare.

?What, you think I?ve already died??? She looked up at him in surprise and puzzlement. Anakin grabbed another chair from the next room and set it down across the table from her. He sat down and grinned before saying teasingly, ?No, I think you?ve used your tongue to its fullest capacity.?

Ziare tried to scowl, but couldn?t manage it with Anakin grinning at her, and she burst out laughing. Her laugh was catching and in a moment Anakin was chuckling too. When she finally got her breath back, Ziare smiled warmly at the young man across the table from her and said sincerely, ?Oh Ani, it is good to see you again.?

A

8. bobilll

bobilll Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 8, 2002
    Hehe, bellyup, you have me rolling on the floor! My goodness, that cheeky Anakin! And Cody, so much like Anakin in that age!

So is Ziare the (un)lucky woman, or padme? I guess we need Luke and Leia... but Padme could use some compitition!

9. DANA28

DANA28 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 15, 2002
    Great beginning. I like Anakin being with Zi! A/P need some spice.

10. PhoenixMage

Aug 6, 2002
    *Laughs* I like the humor, Bellyup! And Anakin's right! No pointless conversations! They can be pointless without being about food, and are still important :D . I can't wait to see what happens.

11. Master_Jador

Aug 31, 2002
    Wonderful post, Bellyup. What an intriguing love triangle is developing!

12. Bellyup

Jun 29, 2002
    Bobill--Glad to know that I could make you laugh!! And I'm not entirely sure yet if it's gonna be Zi or Padme. It IS an AU, so there doesn't relaly have to be a Luke and Leia...but I dunno yet. :D

DANA--Thanks!

PhoenixMage--Lol, yeah. Thanks!

Jador--Love trianlge me?? *looks innocent* Nah!!!

I'm working on the next post right now!

13. Master_Jador

Aug 31, 2002
    Keep working! I can't wait much longer. :)

14. OBI_JEDI

OBI_JEDI Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 15, 2001
    That's so cool, keep it up

15. Monica_Skywalker

Monica_Skywalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 10, 2002
    That was wonderful, Bellyup! :D I loved the conversation between Zaire and Anakin! [face_laugh]

?Mom,? He said seriously. ?Is it ok for a boy to marry a girl that?s lots older than him?? rotfl! [face_laugh] How cute!

16. Bellyup

Jun 29, 2002
    Well...I wasn't planning on posting for a day or two, but fortunately for you guys, I had surgery today on my gum line (I WONT go into the details!) and I have lots of time on my hands. So, here is the next part already!! Thanks for your comments OBI_JEDI and Monica!!

~~~~~~Part 3~~~~~~

Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan lounged on the couch in the living room, discussing their main interest, or at least, their main focus in their life. Padawans.

?I know I?ve seen Ziare around, but I?ve never actually got to sit down and get to know her.? Qui-Gon was saying. ?How is she doing??

?Well?? Obi-Wan mused thoughtfully, ?She seems really?careless, and maybe even ditzy,? He laughed. ?But she has really an amazing person in terms of being one with the Force. And she is one of the most alert people I?ve ever met. Nothing can take her by surprise.?

?So the ?ditzyness? is just put on?? Qui-Gon chuckled.

?No, no I think that?s just her personality. She may seem to be thoughtless and airheaded; to her everything is almost one big joke, but inside, her intelligent mind is going 100 parsecs a minute. Now if she didn?t know how to use the Force, I would say, yes, she extremely ditzy.?

Obi-Wan laughed ruefully and ran his fingers through his shoulder-length hair. ?She also has this incredible sense of logic, which is so logical it?s almost?illogical.?

?A little too smart for her own good, eh?? Qui-Gon nudged his former Padawan. ?I remember someone else who used to be like that.?

Obi-Wan looked innocent. ?Who me? I was always the perfect picture of composure and studiousness.?

Qui-Gon nodded absent-mindedly. ?Uh-huh, try again.?

?So how is Anakin doing?? Obi-Wan tactfully changed the subject.

?Oh, he?s getting along amazingly well. He is a little strong-willed, but I think that comes of being a slave for half his life. He has a bit of a rebellious streak in him.?

Obi-Wan nodded understandingly, remembering the fire that often sprang up in the young boy?s eyes.

?But being able to come home now and then and be with his Mother and of course, his brother, is really helping. Shmi tames him down a bit and Cody prevents him from becoming too serious.? Qui-Gon sighed and looked off into space. ?I sometimes wonder if Anakin was meant to be a Jedi. He?s such a fun-loving boy and the way of the Force is a hard and serious-minded one. What I?m afraid of is that he will get tired of being a Jedi Knight and fall into the trap of the Dark Side.? His forehead wrinkled with anxiety.

Obi-Wan placed his hand on Qui-Gon?s arm. ?And what about you?? He asked, concern in his voice. ?How are you doing??

Qui-Gon smiled and came out of his reverie. ?Oh, you needn?t worry about me Obi-Wan. There are better things to engage your mind with.?

?I would question that.? The younger man responded, seriously. ?I don?t wish to remind you of the fact Qui-Gon,? He hesitated. ?But, you are getting on in years. Maybe you shouldn?t have taken Anakin as your Padawan. He?s wearing you down a lot.?

Qui-Gon chuckled and stroked his beard. ?He may be wearing me down, but he keeps me invigorated too; on my toes so to speak.?

He turned to Obi-Wan with a loving look. ?I know what you?re thinking. An old man like me shouldn?t be traipsing halfway around the galaxy in search of danger and adventure; but I know when my time will come and it certainly isn?t in the near future. Anakin will be able to take his own path in a few years and then, only then, will I settle down. He needs someone with a sharp mind to keep him in check.?

?You just promise me you?ll take care of yourself.?

?I will.?

The two of them smiled at each other silently, understanding completely what the other was feeling. The silence was broken quickly however, by the two young Padawans clumping into the room.

?Caf!? Ziare squealed happily, as Shmi came out of the kitchen, bearing a tray in her hands. Obi-Wan raised his eyebrows and looked meaningfully at his Padawan, who sighed guiltily.

?I?m sorry Master.? She said qu

17. Kettch_the_Jedi

Kettch_the_Jedi Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 22, 2002
    Very interesting story so far.

18. Master_Jador

Aug 31, 2002
    Great post, Bellyup! I hope you recover quickly from your surgery.

19. PhoenixMage

Aug 6, 2002
    I hope you feel better from your surgery! Ziare has a jappor snippet? Interesting... I wonder what mission they're really being put on?

20. bobilll

bobilll Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 8, 2002
    oooo, how I love this Au! So what's the deal with the spice miners? Are they selling to Palpy or something?...

?I remember someone else who used to be like that.?

Obi-Wan looked innocent. ?Who me? I was always the perfect picture of composure and studiousness.?

Qui-Gon nodded absent-mindedly. ?Uh-huh, try again.?

LOL!!! Hehe, master still keeping padawan in his place!

Wait, Ziare has the japor snippet?????? Wow, I take it Padme won't have such a lovesick puppy at her disposal after all!

21. Monica_Skywalker

Monica_Skywalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 10, 2002
    That was a great post! It was serious in the beginning, and when the Padawans burst in, everything became comical! So all the emotions balanced out perfectly! :)

?That would be dangerous.? Obi-Wan muttered. ?Get those two together and watch out world!? rotflmao [face_laugh] that was SO funny! I would love to see that happen, though! :p

Ziare has the snippet?!?!?!?!?!?! :eek: That could change a few things....

22. OBI_JEDI

OBI_JEDI Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 15, 2001
    oh no she has to japor snippet , that can't be good.

more soon please

23. Bellyup

Jun 29, 2002
    Welcome Kettch! Hehe-I love your name!

Thanks Jador! I'm recovering quite well. I feel fine its just that my one isde of mouth is now swollen to twice its size. Makes things difficult to eat-lol.

Thanks Phoenix, you guys are great. So you don't think that they will go on the spice mine mission? Hmm...

Bobill-Ohh...I can't tell yet! [face_mischief] And thanks for your great comments!

Monica-Yeah...two snippets could change a couple things. lol-I am always trying to make my posts more serious, but something allways srpings out of fingers and onto the keys and transforms it into a comic act. Oh wel, its just me I guess.

More's ocming coon OBI_JEDI!

24. Kettch_the_Jedi

Kettch_the_Jedi Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 22, 2002
    Thanks. And I tend to have that problem too: I cannot seem to write serious stories without any humor. :)

25. Bellyup

Jun 29, 2002
    Humour is a part of life! Where would we be without it? :D

Just another short post. The next one will have some...umm...sparks flying. Muahahaha!

~~~~~~Part 4~~~~~~

Morning dawned bright and early the next morning, as did Ziare. She sighed comfortably and rolled over to look at her Master. Obi-Wan was wrapped tightly in his blanket and his copper-coloured hair was tangled from sleep. She smiled and after slipping out of her sleeping bag, pulled on her outer tunic and dark blue cloak. She traced the threads of the fabric with her fingers and thought about the person who had so skilfully woven them; her mother. She would send one of the unique cloaks every two or three years with the same brief note to Obi-Wan asking how Zi was doing and telling him that the cloak was to make her stand out among ?all those drab Jedi robes?.

?She doesn?t really mean it though? Ziare thought bitterly. She sent the exact same note every time, not a single word different. Ziare knew this, for when she was younger, she had tapped into Obi-Wan?s datapad record. She had only been eight, but even at that tender age, she could sense the coldness and boredom in every single word. Taronak Traina didn?t care a whit about her daughter; the only thing that mattered to her was whether or not Ziare ?stood out?. Once a sign of her Mother?s affection, the blue cloaks now only reminded Ziare of her lack of a loving family.

She turned her gaze back to the sleeping figure on the bed and smiled. At least she had Obi-Wan and the Jinn family. She bent down and gently brushed a stray lock of hair from his face before turning and walking out of the room to the kitchen. Shmi was already awake and starting to make breakfast.

?Good morning Shmi.? Ziare greeted her happily.

?Oh, hello Zi. Did you sleep well??

?Oh yes.? Ziare lied blankly. ?You have the most comfortable sleeping bags.?

Now, that was true, and that was the reason she hadn?t slept well. It was just too comfortable. She much preferred comfy rocks and roots to snuggle up against when she was out on training sessions and practice missions with Obi-Wan.

Shmi smiled. ?Well, the beds are much more comfortable than our floors. Perhaps you?d like to sleep there next time??

?Oh no!? Ziare responded quickly. ?No, I?m fine. Besides, Obi-Wan seems to be enjoying that bed quite a lot.?

?All the menfolk enjoy a good sleep.? Shmi chuckled.

Ziare walked outside and around to the side of the house that was most quiet. She pulled a collapsible brush out of the pouch that hung from her utility belt and began brushing her long wavy hair vigorously as she repeated the ten most important rules of the Jedi Code.

?A Jedi shall not know anger.?

?A Jedi shall not know fear.?

?A Jedi shall always be in control.?

?A Jedi shall always be alert.?

?A Jedi shall obey his betters without question???

When she was finished, she snapped the brush back into place, slipped it into her belt, and then drew out a bit of blue ribbon with which she tied her hair back away from her face. Then, in the fairly quiet atmosphere of the lawn, she sat down and began to meditate. She lost sense of time but it must have been about an hour later that her Master came outside, his hair still slightly fuzzy from sleeping, and gently touched her shoulder.

?Zi,? He said softly. ?It?s time for breakfast.?

Ziare sighed quietly and opened her eyes. ?Good morning Master.? She smiled up at him.

?It?s good to see you doing these things automatically without my telling you to. You?re becoming more mature in the ways of the Force with every passing day.?

Her grey eyes sparkled with delight. ?Really Master?? She asked eagerly.

?Yes, but don?t let that get to your head.? Obi-Wan cautioned quickly. ?You know what the old Book says. ?Pride comes before destruction and a haughty spirit before a fall.**??

Ziare furrowed her brow. ?Yes, I understand Master.? She said slowly. ?But isn?t it all right to be just a teensey bit happy when your own

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.