main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Hybrid Theory ((IMPORTANT NOTE- - 03.19.03))

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by freak-pudding, Jan 14, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. freak-pudding

freak-pudding Jedi Master star 4

Dec 29, 2002
    Category: Obi-torture, Angst, Drama, Action-Adventure

Summary: The Hybrid people are slowly being wiped out by their creators, the Scolsichaz, a feared fascist group. Qui-Gon, Tahl, & Obi-Wan were sent in to help liberate the Hybrids, but one of those they wish to help betrayed them. Now, it's a cat-and-mouse game of chance that could end up fataly for everyone.

this plot bunny bit me shortly after finishing watching [i]Schindler's List[/i], one of the most horrifying experiences in my life. the only way i could understand it as to put the Holocaust to something that i took comfort from. i warn you: if the Holocaust or mention of fascism makes you feel uncomfortable, LEAVE. i am not trying to post my opinions on the Holocaust, just my way of dealing with it.

please try to read the prequel, [link=http://boards.theforce.net/message.asp?topic=10086112&replies=21]Silent Screams[/link]. it's only 1 post long. it won't be needed, but it would explain a lot.

thank you for stopping by.

[hr]

I've reposted this [link=http://boards.theforce.net/message.asp?topic=10981284&replies=3]here[/link]. I'm going to repost all of my stories.
    [hr]

[u]Part 1: Trouble[/u]

Eva-Siti Rylanae was in trouble. But then again, when wasn?t she?

The tall and handsome Jedi Knight paced worriedly in front of her. Another Knight sat in the corner, her hands folded quietly in her lap. The pacing Knight was a Human male, a bit aged and worn, but still ruggedly handsome. The sitting Knight looked humanoid, but Eva wasn?t certain of her species. The blind, green-and-gold striped eyes weren?t exactly a normal Human eye color. Then again, she could be a hybrid, like Eva.

?Where is he?? Qui-Gon Jinn burst out. ?He would have been back by now!?

?I?m sure he?s coming,? Master Tahl said soothingly. ?Just calm down.?

?He?s not coming back,? Eva drawled. ?He was captured.?

?What?? Qui-Gon gave her a severe look. ?Tell me you?re joking.?

?Nope,? Eva slid off of the window ledge she?d been sitting on and sauntered over. ?They?ve all ready shipped him off to a concentration camp & are probably torturing him as we speak.?

?You are the most tactless little girl I?ve ever met,? Tahl said coldly, focusing on the hybrid. ?Now, what are you talking about??

Eva looked down at her feet, afraid, before she realized that the Jedi were not like the SS. She wouldn?t be shot for telling the truth.

?I sold him out,? she shrugged. ?One of the SS found out that the Senate sent you guys. And he? he told me to bag a Jedi. So I did.?

?You?ve been working with the Scolsichaz the whole time?? Qui-Gon clenched his fists to keep from wrapping his fingers around the female?s throat.

?I?m sorry,? Eva-Siti sighed. ?I had no choice.?

?You had every choice,? Tahl replied, standing up. ?You could have told us and we could have come up with something!?

?You don?t understand!? Eva burst out. ?My whole family was killed! This was the only way I could stay free. They know everything. They? they could?ve just killed all of you. Everyone.?

?What do you mean??

?I mean they knew you were here! They?ve known ever since you landed. The SS? they have this way of just?? Eva trailed off, throwing up her hands uselessly. ?I?m sorry. I don?t know what else to say.?

Silence met the young hybrid?s ears and she sighed.

?I guess I?ll just go,? she turned. ?I?m only gonna cause more problems.?

?No, wait,? Tahl placed a hand on her arm. ?You could be of help to us. Just stay away from the SS.?

?You two of all people should know that?s not possible,? Eva replied.

?How are things going??

The voice filtered through the heat to Obi-Wan. He could barely register the Force now. He was only a few, long, painful moments until death. As he felt his own flesh blister, he finally accepted it. Well, partly accepted anyway.

He lay there on his metal cot of a deathbed, wishing for the final oblivion to come when he heard the guards.

?I?m looking for a certain prisoner,? one o

2. freak-pudding

Dec 29, 2002
  3. Wild_Huntress

Wild_Huntress Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 15, 2002
    [face_shocked] I'm a little speechless as the ideas which inspired this story are very hard to talk about- but this is a very interesting start.

4. MysticalMagic

MysticalMagic Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 16, 2002
    After reading "silent screams" and also learning from CYNICAL21's reply that you were 13, I was flabbergasted (is that how you spell that?). I feel that at 17 I'm not even ready to unleash any of my writing here. Schindlers list brought out the same kind of emotions in me. Pure horror. This is a beautiful portrayal of the tragedy of such a dark time. I must admit when I started to read it I thought, "this could be a bit cheapening" but it wasn't at all. Now I'm just blabbing as I can't express enough pleasure about your story.
    *MM*

5. freak-pudding

Dec 29, 2002
  6. Arldetta

Arldetta Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 19, 2002
    Padawan - I can't wait to see where this is all going. Honestly, I never saw Shindler's list. because I don't think I could handle it. I know many people mentioned how close to reality it all was. Watching anything about that time turns my stomach, and I wish that there was some way to go back and stop it. I know we can't and the thought of the despicable acts just disgust me. I'm just ecstatic that Obi's still alive. And as much as I wish there was a way to save that woman, I don't think it would have been possible. Once this group was completely burned away, she would have been thrown in. It's horrible but it's the grim reality about it.

Again a wonderful piece. I just wish that I had found a place like this when I was your age. Perhaps, I would already be up to where I want to be to start my original works. Instead, I'm struggling to get up to par. Good luck, Padawan. And don't forget me when you're rich and famous. ;)

7. Ginger_Jedi

Ginger_Jedi Jedi Knight star 6

Jun 4, 2001
    Ooh it sure was worth the wait and I can't wait to read more and see how the plot develops. Sure looks like this is going to be a wicked story so far :)

8. freak-pudding

Dec 29, 2002
    Wild_Huntress: Yes, they are. Thank you!

MysticalMagic: Yes, that's how you spell it. :D Thank you so much. I'm glad that you're getting that much out of it.

Arldetta: Really? Some survivors said that it was only a glimpse of the horrors. I agree. You're right. That's how it went in the camps.
    Thank you Master. Oh, I won't. ;)

Ginger_Jedi: Really? Thanks!

You'll notice that some strange words are in italics and are followed by normal English. The italics is a different language, the regular words are the translation.
    [hr]
    [u]Part 2: Broken Wings[/u]

?[i]Visca! Visca! [/i]Faster! Faster!?

Obi-Wan stumbled along the line as his feet were dragged forward and back at the same time. He was chained to a long line of hybrids, all digging trenches as their once beautiful wings hung sadly on their shoulders.

There was some kind of elegance that still hung around the hybrids, or the Viylians, as they called themselves. Perhaps it just came with the wings. The hybrids, at first glance, looked Human. But when they turned, two sets of wings, folded neatly behind them, were revealed. The wings themselves were fairly insect-like, with tiny veins crisscrossing their entire surface. They had a dull iridescent sheen to them, with the colors varying according to clan. One clan, the leaders, had a dulled rainbow color to their wings. When under the correct sunlight, it was quite a beautiful sight to see the hybrids standing together.

But no such luminance or happiness came now. Obi-Wan trudged relentlessly alongside his fellow prisoners, waiting for the next [i]Ixzak Riaan[/i], or job assignment.

The others trotted before and after him, their wings scarred and tattered. The ripped flesh was a testament to their pain, just as the black barcode burned into each one?s arm.

?[i]Hasak, szirta. [/i]You there, step forward.?

A rough hand pulled Obi-Wan from the line, knocking over those around him. A chorus of laughter bubbled up from the guards as Obi-Wan was unshackled. The boy lay in the mud, silently taking his torment. Struggling would only add to their delight. The man hauled him up, putting a blade to his throat.

?Enjoying yourself, Jedi?? the guard whispered in his ear. He kicked the back of the apprentice?s shin, throwing the boy into a frenzy of pain at his all ready damaged body. They threw him in the mud and continued kicking him, cruelly dangling his Padawan braid high over his head. The blue and red beads, a gift from his friends, slipped off the braid and were flung away into the perpetual brown of [i]Kkraxta [/i]slave camp?s ground.

No one turned to look in his direction as he was beaten. If you noticed, you died. Obi-Wan watched a group of pretty young hybrid women being hustled towards the gas chambers. Several of them were probably members of the workers? families, but no one did anything. If you cried, you died. That was all there was to it.

?Get up, [i]skzat[/i]!? the guards cursed at him as Obi-Wan struggled onto all fours. They kicked him, sending him sprawling back into the mud, and laughed again. Finally, two guards walked over and dragged him up.

?You?re going to go have a nice little chat with the boss,? the one to his right grinned. ?Trust me, it?ll be grand.?

They carried him away as the hybrids continued to dig. Not one turned or batted an eye in their direction. They trudged on, broken wings glittering sadly in the semi-darkness.

?Does she have any idea where they might have taken him??

?No, we?ve asked her numerous times.?

?Are you going to search for the camps?? Mace sighed, trying desperately to comprehend what was being said to him. In the last few weeks, Qui-Gon, with the help of Tahl & Obi-Wan, had uncovered a huge network of concentration camps & extermination camps run by a group of radical fascists, the Scolsichaz, or the SS. Unnoticed for hundreds of centuries, the Scolsichaz consisted of only Humans who believed that they were the master race

9. freak-pudding

Dec 29, 2002
    UUU---------UUU---------PPPPPPPPPPPPP
    UUU---------UUU---------PPP--------PPP
    UUU---------UUU---------PPP---------PPP
    UUU---------UUU---------PPP--------PPP
    UUU---------UUU---------PPPPPPPPPPPPP
    UUU---------UUU---------PPP
    UUU---------UUU---------PPP
    -UU---------UU----------PPP
    -UUUUUUUUUUU-----------PPP
    --UUUUUUUUU------------PPP

10. Arldetta

Jul 19, 2002
    Wonderful Padawan! I'm still in awe of your wonderous talent. For your post, well done. The description was perfect, and you could almost feel the helplessness that surrounded Obi. Qui's desperation was well done as well. I look forward to the next installment. Hope it's soon. :D

11. Wild_Huntress

Wild_Huntress Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 15, 2002
    Basically, this is amazing and my initial response still stands- also very difficult for me to read about. But you're definitely doing well.

12. freak-pudding

Dec 29, 2002
  13. freak-pudding

Dec 29, 2002
  14. Cascadia

Cascadia Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 15, 2002
    This is a great sequel to Silent Screams. It's true that it is a difficult subject to read about - as many subjects are, especially when based on a terrible true-life event, but I think you're doing wonderfully. You've also painted an interesting background with the origin of the hybrids. I look forward to more! :D

15. freak-pudding

Dec 29, 2002
    Master: Really? :: beams :: Yay! It's getting there, I promise!

Wild_Huntress: Oh, thank you!

Cascadia: Thank you! It feels nice to know that such an esteemed author stopped in to see my work! :D

16. freak-pudding

Dec 29, 2002
    man, i am soooo drained. i need to go write!

:: runs off to library ::

oh Force! i have to research first!

:: smacks head ::

*GIGGLE!*

17. freak-pudding

Dec 29, 2002
  18. Drunk_on_Tang

Drunk_on_Tang Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 21, 2002
    Two words describe this fic... disturbing, and addicting! You have awesome talent... incredibly awesome talent... keep it going...

~Dot

19. lordmaul13

lordmaul13 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 18, 2000
    I wish I had half your talent.

Keep it up.

lordmaul13

20. freak-pudding

Dec 29, 2002
    god, thesis papers suck major booty...

21. freak-pudding

Dec 29, 2002
    Drunk_on_Tang: Thanks a lot. I'm glad you think so.

lordmaul13: Thank you so much.

I'm going to try to update this story more. I really enjoy writing it.

[hr]

[u]Part 3: Their Lives For His[/u]

A tall Elder hybrid watched quietly as the [i]Nyilat[/i] was dragged away. He was the only Human prisoner at Kkraxta. He also could control the Energy.

He continued to walk along with his people, his wings held high. That was the mark of the King. And Tral?lka was most certainly King. His beautiful wife, Ela?ya, was behind him, diligently digging with her small, delicate hands. His many daughters & sons were spread around the camp. He knew that at least three of the daughters had been killed, one was the personal slave of the SS camp head, and one had taken the deal to leave the camp. His sons were still working.

Tral?lka?s thoughts returned to their Human friend. He called himself a ?Jedi? and said that the Energy was actually called the ?Force.? He was a curious fellow and very friendly. He would tell stories at night, filled with adventure and suspense. His youth & wit made him an instant favorite among the prisoners; even the [i]Txata[/i], head slaves, liked him. He was a buoy of hope for the dying hybrids.

?Tral?lka!? one of the slave bosses came racing forward. ?You?re needed elsewhere.?

The starving King was unshackled from his wife and shoved across the plaza to another project, building the Camp Head?s new anti-grav pool. Three men had been crushed to death by a cement block, so they needed more workers.

That was what the once noble King had been reduced to. Just a new worker, a faceless number to be erased almost as soon as it?s written. He meant nothing to the Humans. Nothing, that is, except to Obi-Wan.

Obi-Wan called him fascinating; every single aspect of the King to him was amazing. He was infinitely curious about the Energy and what had first come of it, why the hybrids were made, why they were being wiped out. That was earlier.

Now, Obi-Wan Kenobi was sad and dejected. It had been six months since Obi-Wan had been taken. The poor [i]Nyilat[/i] had given up hope on his friends ever finding him. But the Viylian decided that it would be his people?s special duty to make certain that the Messenger of the Energy would live. Obi-Wan did not realize what he meant as the [i]Nyilat[/i] for the hybrids.

Tral?lka knew that he was willing to sacrifice his life and the life of his family to make sure that Obi-Wan lived. It was a simple matter of their lives for his.

They were still laughing. Obi-Wan was completely humiliated.

His head hung forward, straining the muscles in his arms as he swung slowly back and forth. His arms were stretched out and wrists tied to ropes connected to the corners of the rooms. He?d been whipped & beaten repeatedly over the past few hours, but no one had asked him a single question.

Instead, they?d stopped the torture for a while and held a glass of water above his head.

?Want some water?? they asked innocently. Obi-Wan, foolishly, nodded. They?d lowered it a little bit and then splashed it in his face.

Obi-Wan had cried out and recoiled from the burn of the boiling water. Then, one of them had kicked him square in the chest, crushing at least one rib. Now they just let him stand there in his own humiliation & shame.

22. freak-pudding

Dec 29, 2002
  23. freak-pudding

Dec 29, 2002
    me feel unloved

24. Arldetta

Jul 19, 2002
    Never think you're unloved Padawan!!! You're such an inspiration. I only wish I could do more. This was a wonderful addition. Introducing new chars yet maintaining a perspective as to what has happened over the passage of time.

Obi is always a ray of hope to people. And most often he is 'our only hope.' It is not so surprising to see that Tral'lka and his hybreds took to him so easily.

I cannot wait for the next chapter. I hope I won't have to wait too long.

p.s. - What would you like from me for your b-day??? ;)

25. freak-pudding

Dec 29, 2002
    'nother up

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.