main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Skin Deep (Obi/Qui)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by Kade, Jan 18, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kade

Kade Jedi Youngling

Jun 6, 2002
    Skin Deep (JA)
    Author: Kade
    Rating: PG
    Time Frame: Obi-Wan is eighteen (15 in the Prologue)
    Summary: Obi-Wan says things to a friend that will scar her for life. He never apologized, and now that she's back at the Temple he sees the damage his words have caused. He wants to make things right, but is it too late??
    Disclaimer: Star Wars and all related characters are the property of George Lucas and Lucasfilm Ltd.

-

PROLOGUE

"I don't anything see suspicious, Master."

Obi-Wan talked seemingly to his dance partner, but in reality he was speaking to the transmitter inside his dress tunic. Anjeli, his dance partner and fellow Jedi assigned to this mission, laughed like what he had said had been hilarious. She patted his suit coat in a playful manner, all the while taking in the scene around her.

"Good, Padawan," came the reply from the almost microscopic ear piece. "Continue your cover."

Obi-Wan returned the 'flirtatious manuevers', as his Master called them. Anjeli wasn't exactly the type of person he would normally flirt with, but this was what they had been instructed to do on this mission. Anjeli had been a friend of his for a long time, but he had always considered her one of the guys. She wasn't his type. He prefered feminine, gorgeous women. And with his looks they were attracted to him in scores. He had picked out quite a few here he would have loved to talk with, but his orders were to stick with Anjeli.

Anjeli was boyish. That was the only word for it. She could out do him in a lightsaber fight and take him down in a hoopball game the next minute. She never wore make up or perfumes or tried to fix her hair a certain way. She simply didn't care. When he had seen her tonight he had nearly laughed. She was wearing a blonde wig and she was wearing make up for the first time since he'd known her. She was wearing a flashy red dress that was tight enough it actually looked like she had some curve to her stick straight body, He had laughed when he saw that the dress had also added to her a non existant bust. Had her Master let her, Anjeli would have killed him on the spot.

She was a late bloomer, his Master told him, and warned him that those kind of girls were usually the most beautiful. He had nearly laughed. Anjeli, beautiful? The two words simply didn't belong in the same sentence. Her eyes were a chocolate brown, and her short cropped hair matched in color. Her skin was very white, almost pasty. She was quite short, only around five standard feet tall. She was skin and bones, with no figure. Light brown freckles dotted her entire body, and red bumps and blotches covered her entire face and part of her neck. No, Anjeli was certainly not beautiful by any measure. When he had told his Master this he had been given a long lecture on inner beauty and given six hours to meditate on it.

But the Padawan wasn't quite as shallow as what his Master had thought him to be. He knew what Anjeli wasn't on the outside she made up for on the inside. At times boyish and rough around the edges, she could also be sweet and sensitive. Many Padawans came to her when they had problems or when they just needed an understanding ear to pour out the injustices of Jedi life on. He himself had done it many times. She was a great friend.

He smiled when he thought of the latest problem she had helped him with. He had gotten her to set him up with Chianne. Chianne was everything Anjeli wasn't. Her skin was the color of honey. Her chestnut hair fell to her slim shoulders in shining waves. She was full figured, and she moved with a grace that not even Qui-Gon could match. But the loveliest thing about her was her eyes. They were utterly captivating. They shone lavender, with just a touch of soft sunset blue tones. He could get lost in those eyes forever.

It was more than her looks, though. Obi-Wan loved everything about her. The way she tilted her head when laughed. Her way with the very young initiates. The queenly look she gave anyone who was acting rude or inappropriately. He loved t

2. Kettch_the_Jedi

Kettch_the_Jedi Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 22, 2002
    Oooohh. I never read Obi JA fics, but I got caught on yours (luckily I did not know what it was at first). Very nice. Please add more.

3. Kade

Kade Jedi Youngling

Jun 6, 2002
    Kettch - Thanks for your comments!! I'm glad you're reading. Another post will be up by tonight. :)

4. Kade

Kade Jedi Youngling

Jun 6, 2002
    "We need to talk" Barai said that night in their ship on the way back to Coruscant.

Anjeli dropped her eyes.

"I am sorry, Master. It won't happen again."

"It had better not. But that's not what I want to talk to you about. Anj, I have never seen you act like that, not even when I first took you on as my padawan. What happened out there that was so drastic that you lost sight of everything, and at such a crucial time?

The younger Jedi stared off into space for a long moment, then finally met her Master's gaze. "Tonight I learned why the Council does not want us to develop relationships. It compromises your focus and can get people killed."

Barai stared at her. Anjeli had never once acted interested in boys. It had worried her Master some at first, but she had finally come to see that the padawan was simply too focused on the Jedi life. This took her completely by surprise. "Obi-Wan?" she asked, knowing the answer all ready, but needing to hear it from the girl's own lips to believe it.

Anjeli nodded miserably, then tried to laugh. It was more of a muffled sob. "Yes. Oh, don't give me that look, Master. Everyone knows Obi-Wan only goes with the most beautiful girls, and with his looks and personality, he can. Nothing has ever happened between us. It never will."

"But..."

Anjeli sighed heavily. "This wasn't supposed to happen. I tried to keep my distance. Force knows I tried. It just... happened. In there I got so caught up in the moment that... I got lost. I knew the only reason he was doing it was to cover me... but I just.." she stopped there, and forced back tears."It won't happen again. Chianne is seeing Obi-Wan, and even if she wasn't, he's only interested in girls that are... well... real girls. The pretty kind.

"Anj-"

"I'm being stupid, Master. Forgive me. I don't know what's gotten into me," the tears in her eyes disappeared, and she forced a smile.

Barai's mind felt a prick of worry that her Padawan had shoved down her emotions once again. She had always done that. In the two years they had been together, she had never seen her Padawan cry. Anjeli was too proud to do that, even when she was sick with bottling it all up inside.

"I'll do some extra meditating tomorrow, Master. I'll also apologize to Obi-Wan. This will not happen again. Ever. It's been a hard day, Master. I need some sleep if I want to finish healing before we get back to Coruscant."

With that she limped off, and not for the first time Barai was left wondering if she was doing anything right as a Master.

Two Standard Weeks Later

Obi-Wan tried to ignore Anjeli as she approached him in the cafeteria. He turned away as soon as she came before him. She sighed. "I suppose I deserve that."

Obi-Wan was not about to argue.

"I just came to say I'm sorry."

Obi-Wan turned to face her, his face red with anger. "You should be, Anj. You nearly blew our mission and killed us both. Thank the Force our Masters came in when they did. If I had known how much help you were going to be I could have had the Council send a girl who fit in with the girls there instead of one would scare a Hutt out of his skin! Sith, Anjeli, are you ugly and stupid? A first year initiate would have been more competant than you!"

Obi-Wan stopped, shocked at the words that had flown unhindered out of his mouth becuase of his anger. He had never meant to say those things to her, he didn't mean any of them, and she hadn't deserved any of it. Guilt washed over him in waves as he watched her compose her features into stone.

She wouldn't meet his eyes. "Look, I know we'll probably never work together on a mission again, but I want you to know it will never happen again. My Master is seeing to that. We're going to Daeci to train for a year, and then we'll head off on missions for a year or so after that. So I'll see you in a few years, huh?"

She turned and walked away. Obi-Wan felt awful about what he had said, and even more awful that she seemed to accept it as truth. He was about to go after her when

5. Jenny_The_Jedi_Girl

Jenny_The_Jedi_Girl Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 16, 2001
    AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW
    WWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW OBIWAN WHY ARE U BEING SO MEAN!!!!!!! :mad:

6. Jenny_The_Jedi_Girl

Jenny_The_Jedi_Girl Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 16, 2001
  7. Bekah_K

Bekah_K Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 3, 2002
    This fic is really good. I can't wait to see how it all turns out. Please continue! :)

UP!

8. Kettch_the_Jedi

Nov 22, 2002
  9. Kettch_the_Jedi

Nov 22, 2002
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.