main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Son of My Blood and Soul (Repost, better then ever, AU, JA, Angst/mystery, Updated 3-7-03)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by Neon Star, Jan 29, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Neon Star

Neon Star Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 30, 2000
    Yes its back, and I redid it a bit, so its better then ever. Prepare for angst and fluff in the later posts. I promise I'll be on time this time, and it will be finished! Enjoy!
    *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Son of My Blood and Soul (JA, AU)

Qui-gon Jinn ran through the smoking halls. His heart thudded against his chest as he ran. Hoping they were all right, though a sense of foreboding had fallen over him when he had heard his wife scream over their bond, and that scream haunted him.

The heat from the blaze raging through the building was intense, scorching everything that it touched. His cloak and face were burnt from the fire; the pain was intense where the fire kissed his skin, yet his heart drove him on. Finally he saw their room and tried to get in but the door was jammed.

?Mara!? he shouted, forcing his body against door, straining to force it open as desperation filled him..

The door?s hinges finally gave way with a loud screech and the door crashed open. He rushed into the smoke filled room; the smoke began to fill his lungs as he began to search. Ignoring the rasping coughs that were torn from him by that same vile smoke, he searched blindly, desperately for his wife, and son. Praying to the Force that he would find them alive.

?Mara, Ben!? he yelled hoarsely, the heat beginning to scorch his throat.

His blundering hand grasped another?s limp hand. Fear coursed through him at the lifelessness of that hand as he got on his knees and groped down the arm connected. His hand made contact with lush hair, and then fine delicate features, closed eyes, parted mouth. Finally, he reached his wife?s neck, for he knew it was her but just the familiar feel of the soft skin of her face against his rough skin, even if she seemed so cold, marked her as his wife.

?Mara,? he whispered as he checked his wife?s pulse, his heart beating rapidly with faint hope.

That soon died, for no life pulsed under his touch. Only the cold, silent feel of death lay under his hand.

?No, NO!? he denied loudly as he pulled her close, and lifted her up into his arms.

His heart crumbled in his chest as he denied what he knew to be true. His wife was dead, and there was nothing he could do to save her this time.

?Please, no,? he cried as he held her limp form to him, burying his face in her scorched hair.

For a brief, chilling moment, he thought to lie down with her, and hold her close as the smoke over came him as well. He could not live without her, for she had been his world, but another thought dispelled his desire for death. Sea green eyes stared at him out of memory, begging him not to condemn him to the death that Qui-gon had been so willing to embrace. Those eyes belonged to his son, who had yet to be found. Reluctantly laying his wife once more upon the ground, he crawled forward, hands grappling blindly in the smoke filled room for sign of the small child. The smoke continued to clog his lungs, making it more and more difficult for him to breath.

?Ben? Ben, where are you? Daddy?s here, Ben,? he chocked out as he searched through the smoke.

He searched through the Force as well to find that bright, warm presence that was his son, but he couldn?t sense anything but death and his own faltering heart in the smoke filled room.

?Qui-gon! Come on! Get out of here! The building is going to collapse,? a voice called, and Qui-gon knew his friend, Mace Windu, had followed him in.

?Not until I find my son!? Qui-gon yelled back determinedly, continuing to move forward.

A figure appeared above his crouched form, seemingly materializing from the smoke itself. Steel like hands gripped his arms, trying to force him to his feet. He struggled, unwilling to leave his child behind, even at the cost of his own life.

?Come on, Qui-gon, its too late,? Mace said quietly, as he pulled once again upon his shoulders.

?No, I will not leave my son,? Qui-gon snapped, pulling from his grasp.

?Qui-gon, it?s too late. Your son couldn?t survive this. Get out of here, now,? Mace pleaded as he tried to gain hold of Qui

2. Neon Star

Mar 30, 2000
  3. Neon Star

Mar 30, 2000
    up, I'll be posting tomorrow.

4. Neon Star

Mar 30, 2000
    Obi-wan Kenobi struck his opponent?s training blade. His opponent smiled and started to go for a low cut but reversed at the last minute, but Obi-wan blocked it quickly before she could land her blow.

?Not bad,? she commented, pulling her blade back.

?Not bad yourself. Even if you are a knight,? he laughed, and feinted a blow to her side.

?You know, if I didn?t have a Padawan, I would take you to be my Padawan,? she said, blocking it easily.

?Well, I hope someone picks me soon,? he sighed, pulling his lightsaber away and shutting it down.

?Don?t worry, kid, how could anyone not pick an adorable little guy like you?? she laughed, doing the same.

He blushed and laughed with her. Playfully she ruffled his short ginger hair, and wrapped a thin, strong arm around his shoulders.

?No, really. You are a good student and someone is likely to see that,? she commented.

?I hope so, Julia, I really hope so,? he sighed, a slight blush coming to his cheeks at her comment.

Coldness entered the training room. Julia grimaced when she recognized it and her arm tightened a little around Obi-wan?s shoulders.

?Isn?t that Master Jinn?? Obi-wan asked, looking towards the doors leading into the training room.

?Yes,? Julia sighed, not daring to turn around.

Her heart clinched in her chest at the old pain and numbing cold she sensed from her former Master. He used to be so warm?

?Why did it feel like the temperature just dropped when he came in?? Obi-wan asked, breaking her from her thoughts.

?Because Master Qui-gon doesn?t want anyone near him, not even his former Padawan,? Julia said sadly.

?Why?? Obi-wan asked.

?He suffered a great loss about twelve years ago. He hasn?t let anyone near him since,? she said.

?You were his Padawan, weren?t you?? Obi-wan asked.

?Yes, I was. Xanatos was his next one. That boy tried everything he could to break through to Qui-gon but it didn?t work. He was assigned to another Master after six years,? Julia said sadly.

?Why is he here then?? Obi-wan asked.

?Its not to pick a Padawan, that is for sure,? Julia sighed.

Qui-gon looked around the room and headed for where Mace and his Padawan were training. He could sense his former Padawan?s responding pain to his, but he ignored it, for they had not talked since she was knighted.

?Mace, I need to talk to you,? he called to the other Master.

?Take a rest, Padawan,? Mace said to his Padawan, and then walked over to his friend.

?Let me guess. Yoda has roped you into picking a Padawan and you want the next mission off planet as soon as possible,? Mace sighed.

?Yes, if you can do it,? Qui-gon said.

?I?ll see what I can do. But you know you can?t avoid this forever, Qui-gon,? Mace said.

?Yes, I can, Mace, and I will,? Qui-gon said sharply and turned away.

Mace looked sadly after his friend. It had been twelve years and Qui-gon still couldn?t forgive himself, or anyone else for the death of his wife and son. Mace understood that it was hard on his friend to have lost both his wife and son and even admired him for surviving through such a crushing loss, when most men couldn?t. But he didn?t like how he chose to live. Qui-gon took more risks then he used to and he wouldn?t let anyone near him emotionally. Mace just prayed to Force for someone to help his friend, before it was too late, if it wasn?t already. He turned back to his Padawan and they began training again, but his heart was still troubled with his sorrow for his friend.

5. Neon Star

Mar 30, 2000
  6. Neon Star

Mar 30, 2000
  7. JediANGELA

JediANGELA Jedi Master star 6

Sep 28, 2002
    I have read the original one, and I loved it, despite it not being finished. I love Obi stories. Post soon.

8. Neon Star

Mar 30, 2000
    JediANGELA: I am glad you enjoyed the first one, and hopefully this one shall be better. :)
    *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Qui-gon stood looking out at the fiery sunset. His large frame was slumped on the rail; his mind was wandering. He could still remember every little detail about his wife and son. His gentle beautiful wife, just as stubborn as he was. He could still see her, her wild red hair shining in the sunset, her dark green eyes glinting with happiness and warmth. And his son, blond brown hair bouncing up and down as he walked, exploring everything. He had always been full of energy. His green-blue eyes wide with curiosity and mischief.

*Why?* he asked silently.

But no answer came, like always, and that was the hardest concept to grasp. No answer as to why a young woman and a innocent child had to die, no reason behind it, nothing. They just died, for no reason at all.

Obi-wan walked through the halls of the Temple, unconcerned as to where he was going. He had grown restless after sparing with Julia, and had decided to wonder a bit before he had to return to his room. His wondering had taken him towards one of the many balconies in the Temple, and he paused as he saw a slumped figure on the rail. Recognizing it as Master Jinn, he turned to leave, but something drew his gaze back, and when he again looked up the Master, his heart went out to him. He saw that Qui-gon was pained by something, and Obi-wan?s nature prompted him to help the other. Slowly he approached.

Qui-gon then sensed someone behind him. He turned around and saw young Obi-wan standing there, studying him, seemingly unsure if he should continue to approach.

?Yes, Initiate?? he asked.

?I was just wanting to know if you wanted some company, Master Jinn,? Obi-wan said softly.

?You may join me if you wish,? Qui-gon said, seemingly not to care, turning back around.

Obi-wan took a place near where Qui-gon was standing, and turned his gaze to the sunset. Silence surrounded them for a while, and neither minded the silence, for it seemed comfortable between them, though neither of them understood it.

?You know, my wife loved to watch the sunset,? Qui-gon sighed, then stopped himself, wondering why he had spoken of her to this young one.

Obi-wan looked at him and said nothing, but let forth a sense that told Qui-gon he did not mind hearing of Qui-gon?s memories.

?She used to bring our son up here, when ever we were on Coruscant. I think he enjoyed it as much as she did,? Qui-gon continued softly.

Obi-wan could see the pain and sorrow in the older man?s eyes. He felt he had been right to approach him, though he did not know how he could help, when even Qui-gon?s closest friends could not. This was a pain old and deep, but Obi-wan knew somehow, he could help bring healing to the one who suffered.

?She sounds like a good woman,? Obi-wan said sincerely, encouraging Qui-gon to continue.

?She was, she tried to help everyone she could,? Qui-gon said, a slight smile to his lips.

?What happened to her?? Obi-wan asked softly, though he did not know why he asked, as he could feel that was where Qui-gon?s pain lay.

?She and our son died in a fire,? Qui-gon said quietly, and great sorrow passed over his features.

?But why am I telling you this, I haven?t really ever met you?? he added as he looked at the teenager. Something rang familiar within him as he gazed into those heart felt depths of sea green that were Obi-wan?s eyes.

?Maybe because we have something in common, I lost both of my parents years ago,? Obi-wan said softly, echoed pain shimmering in his eyes. A pain not unlike what Qui-gon held within his own heart.

?I thought you were a son of the Lars,? Qui-gon said, slightly surprised.

?I was adopted, I never knew my Father or Mother. They say they abandoned me, but I don?t think so,? Obi-wan said softly.

?It seems we have our share of loses,? Qui-gon said quietly.

? Yes, I guess we do,? Obi-wan sighed.

Qui-gon looked at the young boy, and then slowly put a hand on his shoulder. Obi-wan turned his

9. Arwen-Jade_Kenobi

Arwen-Jade_Kenobi Jedi Knight star 5

Feb 9, 2002
    I guess I missed this the first time, glad I caught it this time.

More More more!!

10. Padawan_Jess_Kenobi

Padawan_Jess_Kenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 20, 2002
    Great job!! Poor Qui, though. I love the emotions, and can understand Qui-Gon's coldness. Hmm, Obi and Ben, no parents and lost child and wife? [face_mischief] I like this fic very much! :) Can't wait for the next part!

11. Lurkalidth

Lurkalidth Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 5, 2003
    Nice chapter. :)) This is a nicely written story (so far!) w/ a great premise. I'd seen the beginning of this recently while delving through the older threads and had regretted that you didn't appear to be continuing this. I'm so glad (and thankful) that you *are* continuing this. :D

Am really looking forward to more.......when you're ready, of course. :)

12. Neon Star

Mar 30, 2000
    I would just like to say that I will probably be moving this to the new boards. I will post the link once I have it up there. Thanks for all the comments. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.