main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Forgotten (JA AU) Obi/Qui~~IMPORTANT NOTE 3/22!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by freak-pudding, Feb 2, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. freak-pudding

freak-pudding Jedi Master star 4

Dec 29, 2002
    This was the very first story I ever wrote. So, it's not the greatest in some parts. I went back & fixed the places I thought really sucked. Tell me if you find anymore mistakes, okay? But be gentle. ;)

[b]Summary[/b]: AU for JA #6. Obi-Wan never went with Qui-Gon back to the Temple. Follow his adventures nearly six years later as he meets up with his former Master. Priorities have changed for both parties as they try to reconcile.

[hr]

[u]Forgotten[/u]
    [b]Part 1[/b]

He was being tailed and he knew it.

[i]Dammit, [/i]Obi-Wan Kenobi thought, quickening his pace. [i]Why did I stay so late at the mines? [/i]Sighing, he realized he all ready knew the answer. Money. That was the answer to everything. And with Aleeya? he really didn?t have much of a choice. They needed the money.

He rounded then corner and regrettably discovered that it was a dark, cold alley. [i]Perfect place for a nice little murder, [/i]he recognized suddenly. That was before he slammed straight into M?Dorr.

?Kenobi!? the loan shark grinned maliciously. ?How rather lovely to see you!?

?M? M?Dorr,? he stuttered, standing and backing away. ?I? I don?t know what to say.?

?You needn?t say anything,? the Vnentrian?s grin widened. ?I?ve come to collect payment.?

?Listen,? Obi-Wan backed farther down the alley as the serpentine humanoid stalked toward him, ?you?re angry. Anyone could see that. Trust me; I [i]understand[/i] that you?re angry. Who wouldn?t be??

?You?re just diggin? yourself deeper,? someone growled from behind him. Obi-Wan spun around to find himself face-to-face with three large, brutal-looking thugs, all of which were holding various weapons. He spun back around to face the leader.

?The money?s on the way!? he pleaded. ?You know it is! I just got a little? sidetracked, that?s all.?

?You seem to get sidetracked a lot, Kenobi,? two other Vnentrian henchmen had appeared the other end of the alley. The group of six closed slowly around the helpless human. ?No more stalling.?

?I stopped by your house the other day, Kenobi,? M?Dorr began tapping his palm with the heavy club he carried, circling his prey. ?I saw Aleeya. How far along is she? Oh yeah, seven months. She said she wants a baby girl. You think you?ll live long enough to see your baby born??

?Please,? Obi-Wan begged. ?The money?s on the way. I don?t have anything to offer you now, but??

?Enough excuses,? M?Dorr hissed through his fangs. ?I want retribution!?

?And you?ll get it,? Obi-Wan tried to sound confident. ?I just need time!?

?You?ve had enough time, human!? the reptile growled. Those were the last words spoken before the group pounced. The night air filled with the sound of clubs, claws, & fists hitting human flesh. The world became a tangle of scales, sinew, & pain for Obi-Wan.

As the clubs crashed down on his body, he recalled exactly what had happened to cause this night. He had borrowed money a while ago, about four months or so, from the Vnentrian to pay for Aleeya?s hospital bills. His heart warmed at the thought of Aleeya. She was beautiful. After he?d left Melida/Daan & taken a mining job here on Vnentri 5, she?d been the first person he had befriended. They?d fallen for each other and started dating. Then she?d gotten pregnant. Things had changed. Priorities were rearranged. They both struggled to raise enough money to get off-planet and get to Coruscant. He had indulged too much with some of the cash & gotten behind on several payments.

He bit his lip when the hard metal came in contact with his ribs. Finally, he dropped to the ground, coughing up blood from his broken lips. Several of the men spit on him before turning to leave.

?Don?t forget this,? M?Dorr growled. ?We could?ve done worse. Good luck, Kenobi.?

Obi-Wan knew they could?ve done worse. They could have killed Aleeya. That would have? well, Obi-Wan wasn?t quite sure what he would have done to the humanoid if he?d hurt Aleeya in any way. It probably would have ended in death for both parti

2. Kyp_side_of_TheForce

Kyp_side_of_TheForce Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 27, 2002
    OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!
    CONTINUE, PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    THE ENDING, ESPECIALLY, WAS GREAT!!!!!!!!!!!!
    PLEASE, MORE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

3. Lady_Moonbeam

Lady_Moonbeam Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 4, 2002
    He doesn't even recognize Obi-Wan!

Oh, this is great. I haven't read a JA story in months, but this one has me immediately hooked--I wonder why Obi-Wan owes money?

I can't wait for the next post!

4. Wild_Huntress

Wild_Huntress Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 15, 2002
    Wow... Great start FP. You've really got me intrigued. ;)

5. LuvEwan

LuvEwan Jedi Master star 4

Mar 24, 2002
    OOOOOOHHHH! :D

Definitely continue! ;)

6. Arwen-Jade_Kenobi

Arwen-Jade_Kenobi Jedi Knight star 5

Feb 9, 2002
    Oh please continue!!!!

7. Drunk_on_Tang

Drunk_on_Tang Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 21, 2002
    ::falls over and dies::

Ahhh- im speechless... and its very hard to do that to me... incredible, very incredible...

~Dot

8. freak-pudding

Dec 29, 2002
    Kyp_side_of_TheForce: all right, here it is!

Lady_Moonbeam: Nope. :D He owes money because he took out loans but never paid them.

Wild_Huntress: Thank you. You should've read the first version of this. It really sucked.

LuvEwan: I am!

Arwen-Jade_Kenobi: Will do!

Drunk_on_Tang: LOL! :)

btw, this story is all ready finished & so is its sequel, so the posts'll come very fast. :D

[b]Part 2[/b]

It had been an interesting adventure, trying to get the beaten young man to his quarters on Vnentri 5. Qui-Gon stretched and took a sip from his tea. He?d been sent here by the Jedi Council to try and aid the government to find a peaceful solution in a war-torn group of moons. Not too much luck so far.

The two radical factions on Vnentri had split the small planet in half. Now, its moons were being divided. Each individual moon had become a pawn in the sick game of war. The more anarchist of the two parties had all ready seized seven of the thirty moons. This one, Vnentri 5, was next. Most of the inhabitants had fled their jobs at its many ionite mines. The few who stayed were mostly off-worlders. The native Vnentrians had all but vanished.

Grimacing, Qui-Gon remembered his first encounter with the creatures. They were a serpentine humanoid, average height around 6 ? 8 feet. The males tended to be taller, with green, tan, or blue scales covering their bodies. Females? scales were silver, gold, or white. Both genders had four arms, the lower set of two were kept concealed in their tunics. The males had a ridge of harder, sharper scales on their head, extending to their lower back. They were predisposed to be violent at best, so a war here was seemingly inevitable.

Qui-Gon leaned back, looking into the other room. His young charge was still fast asleep. Qui-Gon felt a surge of pity for the young man. He was so battered and broken. With the war brimming on this moon, most public medical facilities had been closed. People were fearful of each other. The Jedi wondered what would have happened to the boy had he not come along at that moment.

[i]You know exactly what would have happened, [/i]he chided himself. [i]The poor boy would have been robbed & then arrested & beaten more for information he probably didn?t possess. Then he would have died alone in prison.[/i]

He?d treated the boy?s wounds as best he could, but he was no healer. He needed to get this boy to a real medic soon.

?Ssssssssssssssssss,? the boy hissed as Qui-Gon had tried to splint his leg. There was nothing the Jedi could do about his broken jaw. The boy made a few more gurgling noises, as though he were trying to speak.

?Don?t talk,? Qui-Gon told him. ?Your jaw?s broken & I don?t know how to fix it. I need to get you to a healer. I?m going to take you with me to the planet.?

The boy had begun struggling, trying to get up, and Qui-Gon sent him a calming wave of the Force. That got the boy to lie down, at least.

?I need something to call you by,? Qui-Gon mused aloud.

?Ooooooo,? the boy moaned. ?Oooooo!?

?Does your name begin with O?? Qui-Gon asked. The boy nodded as best he could.

?Well, I don?t want to you hurt yourself trying to tell me, so I?ll just call you O for now,? he smiled down at the young man. ?Try to sleep now.?

It saddened Qui-Gon to see young people like his guest hurt so brutally. Qui-Gon tried to pass it off as his natural compassion, but he knew the truth. It was because of Obi-Wan. It terrified Qui-Gon that every dead teen, every beaten boy might be Obi-Wan.

It had been six years since he?d last seen the boy, on the planet of Melida/Daan. They?d ended the war together. But Obi-Wan hadn?t gone back to the Temple with him.

[i]Flashback: about six years ago[/i]

?What is your choice?? Qui-Gon asked. Obi-Wan?s young face looked up at him.

?I?? his voice faltered and he looked to the side. They stood in the center of the plaza where the final battle had taken place.

9. Jedi_Suzuran

Jedi_Suzuran Jedi Knight star 5

May 22, 2002
    I just found this, and it's really interesting, FP. Great two posts, and can't wait for more.

:)

10. Kyp_side_of_TheForce

Aug 27, 2002
    OH MY GOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    This is bad and good and bad and what's gonna happen????????????

11. Arwen-Jade_Kenobi

Feb 9, 2002
    Great post!! I wonder what Obi will think when he finds himself back at the Temple again...and what will happene next *HINT HINT*

Don't mind me, I'm just crazy

MORE!

12. Glad is June

Glad is June Jedi Master star 4

Mar 10, 2000
  13. freak-pudding

Dec 29, 2002
  14. Lady_Moonbeam

Aug 4, 2002
    I'm so glad that Qui-Gon found out! I was afraid that he was going to spend the entire post calling Obi-Wan "O." I like Aleeya, too--and I love that Qui-Gon is actually being nice! The part about being afraid that every beaten boy was Obi-Wan was so sweet, and then him actually being right about one of them was even better.

15. Kyp_side_of_TheForce

Aug 27, 2002
    Up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

16. freak-pudding

Dec 29, 2002
    Jedi_Suzuran: New reader! Yay! Thank you!

Kyp_side_of_TheForce: LOL! [face_laugh]

Arwen-Jade_Kenobi: Just wait. [face_devil] lol!

Glad is June: Thank you.

Lady_Moonbeam: Lol! Yay! I'm glad you like Aleeya. Lol. That's kinda sadistic, don't you think?

[b]Part 3[/b]

A transport was loaded and ready for them the next day. Aleeya had gathered together her & Obi-Wan?s meager possessions and few credits. They filled the ship and took off. Obi-Wan lay in one of the cabins, his breathing slow and irregular. Qui-Gon had forced Aleeya to rest in a separate cabin while he kept watch over Obi-Wan.

The boy slept fitfully, sweat covering his brow. His jaw hung open at an odd angle despite Qui-Gon efforts to push it gently closed. Qui-Gon was quickly running out of bandages as Obi-Wan was slowly running out of blood. The boy?s face was deathly pale.

Qui-Gon shifted uncomfortably in the pilot?s chair. He had left Obi-Wan alone in his cabin since there was no longer anything he could do for the boy. Instead, he retreated inside himself and began meditating.

He brought up the memory of that last encounter on Melida/Daan. He recalled the blueness of Obi-Wan?s eyes against his skin, the stains of dirt & blood streaked across his tunic, and the sad way his shoulders slumped.

[i]?I?m needed here.?[/i]

Funny how those three little words could change so much in so little time. When Obi-Wan had uttered those words, Qui-Gon had felt an overwhelming sense of betrayal and anger. Now, that had all but disappeared. He wanted to still be upset with Obi-Wan, but that just wasn?t possible. Every time he looked at the boy, he felt that familiar sense of? warmth? Happiness? Qui-Gon frowned.

It was strange that even though they hadn?t spoken, let alone seen, each other in the past six years, Qui-Gon still felt a paternal caring still living deep inside him.

Sighing, Qui-Gon pulled himself out of his meditation. He wasn?t getting anywhere.

He returned to monitoring the ship?s systems. The little transport was running perfectly as he switched it to autopilot and decided to contact Mace.

?Did you find your long lost mother this time?? Mace?s sarcasm made Qui-Gon laugh.

?No, sorry,? he chuckled. ?I just called to make sure that the medics will be waiting when we arrive.?

?Of course they?ll be there,? Mace assured his friend. ?Don?t you trust me??

?Not really,? Qui-Gon?s eyes twinkled in mirth. The two friends shared a laugh.

?I must be going,? Mace turned his head, as though listening to someone else. ?Council duties.?

?Good luck!? Qui-Gon snorted. ?I don?t know how you put up with it.?

?A nice punching bag,? Mace winked. ?I?ll see you later, friend.?

?Good-bye,? Qui-Gon nodded and switched off the communication. The tall Jedi sighed and stretched his back. Tomorrow would be a long day.

Quietly, he walked to his private cabin. He heard whispers coming from Obi-Wan?s room, so he peeked inside.

?You know I was angry at you for borrowing the money,? she whispered sadly. ?I?m not angry anymore. You hear? I?m not angry, so you can?t be angry either. I need you, Obi-Wan. Come back to me.?

She ran her fingers gently through his hair before kissing his forehead and leaving. Qui-Gon leaned against the doorframe. His former apprentice had touched more than he?d guessed.

In a way, Qui-Gon was happy for his apprentice. But with that came intense jealousy of Aleeya. Obviously, he hadn?t been enough for Obi-Wan. Somehow, that was what hurt the most.

A Jedi Healer team met them at the landing pad. Obi-Wan was rushed away instantly, while Qui-Gon helped Aleeya down from the transport.

?Where are they taking him?? she asked fearfully. Her hand rested on her belly as she looked around her.

?They?re going to take him to the Healer?s Ward,? Mace Windu stepped forward. ?They?ll help him.?

?Who are you?? Aleeya regarded him carefully.

?I am Master Mace Windu,? the dark-skinned man smiled gently up

17. LuvEwan

LuvEwan Jedi Master star 4

Mar 24, 2002
    Oh wow!!!!!

[face_shocked]

That was great, f-p!!! So many posts in such a short period of time, and superb posts at that! :D

I can't wait to see how Obi reacts to Qui!

;)

Great work!

18. Lady_Moonbeam

Aug 4, 2002
    Again, Aleeya is very cool! I liked her noticing that the Order wouldn't see too many pregnant women in the Temple.

Mace and Qui-Gon's banter was great.

?I don?t know how you put up with it.?

?A nice punching bag.

19. CYNICAL21

CYNICAL21 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 8, 2001
    You, f-p have an incredibly rich, enormously creative imagination - and your stories just shine with originality and warmth. You also have a nice little facility with dialogue, so your characters come across as genuine individuals, rather than cardboard caricatures.

Nicely done - and very intriguing. Can't wait to see where you take it.

CYN

20. freak-pudding

Dec 29, 2002
  21. freak-pudding

Dec 29, 2002
    LuvEwan: That's only because this story is all ready finished. [face_blush] You'll be happy, I think. :D

Lady_Moonbeam: Yay! Oh wait, you're gonna hate me though... :( Yeah, I'm trying to make them like two old friends (think two old guys who've spent way too much time together)!

CYNICAL21: Hey, nice to see you again! :D Your comments always make my day. [face_laugh]

[b]Part 4[/b]

Aleeya was up early that day. She hadn?t slept much during the night. Something about the Jedi Temple scared her. It was so? [i]alien[/i]. Not to mention the looks that some Jedi gave her. They made her feel like she was some kind of dirty alley tramp.

Her hands moved to her stomach. Often through the day, she?s find herself subconsciously touching her belly. Aleeya had a fascination with knowing that where ever she touched, there was the baby on the other side.

When she had first been pregnant, she?d been scared. She had thought she wasn?t ready to be a mother, but she knew now that she and Obi-Wan [i]were[/i] ready for a family. The thought of living near Obi-Wan?s old friends and raising their children together made her feel warm inside. She had never had a home or belonged to a family, at least that she could remember.

Her footsteps were soft on the hard tile. She stole quietly down the huge main staircase, slipping into the shadows. Few were roaming the halls at this hour, so she was able to stay away from any unwanted questions. Her biggest fear was walking around without Qui-Gon with her. She could be thrown out to the streets.

The Healer?s Ward came into view. Aleeya looked in all directions before sprinting to the Ward.

?Hello,? a small Healer sat at the front desk. ?Is there something I can help you with??

?Yes,? Aleeya smiled. ?I?m looking for Obi-Wan Kenobi?s room.?

?Just down that hall,? the female smiled at her. ?I take it you two aren?t Jedi.?

?No,? Aleeya touched her belly again. ?But a Jedi is doing us a favor.?

?Just go down that hall,? the woman stood and pointed. ?Then turn left.?

With a warm feeling in her heart, Aleeya started to his room. At least [i]someone[/i] didn?t judge her before asking. Somehow, that brought out a tiny bit of joy to her day.

?Aleeya?? his voice crackled as he fought through the haze covering his eyes. ?Aleeya??

?I?m here,? the girl appeared at his bedside, smiling. ?How?re you feeling??

?Better,? he tried to feel his jaw, but was hindered by the many tubes attached to his wrist. ?Where are we??

Aleeya bit her lip and looked away. He could sense her reluctance. [i]Wait a minute?[/i]

?Tell me we?re not at the Jedi Temple,? he said quietly. ?Even if you have to lie.?

?Qui-Gon?? Aleeya faltered, seeing the look in his eyes. ?There was nothing I could do!?

?Yes there was, Alee!? he sat up and began ripping out the tubes. ?You could have let me die!?

?I would [i]never[/i] do that,? Aleeya stood. ?What do you think you?re doing??

?We?re leaving,? Obi-Wan reached for his tunic and pulled it over his head. ?I will not be in debt to the Jedi.?

?They are doing us a favor!? she argued.

?And they will expect retribution!? Obi-Wan sighed. ?I will not be in debt to them.?

?Good morning,? Qui-Gon stood in the doorway. ?Am I interrupting something??

?No,? Obi-Wan replied shortly. ?Thank you for your hospitality, Master Jinn. How much do we owe you??

Though stung by Obi-Wan?s formal tone, he answered.

?Nothing,? he replied. ?But you should stay until the Healers have cleared you??

?No, thank you,? Obi-Wan cut him off. ?We need to leave.?

He quickly limped out of the Ward and into the hallway. Aleeya followed him.

?Get your bum back in there and apologize,? she commanded, stopping him.

?What for?? Obi-Wan replied. ?I thanked him and now we?re leaving!?

?We are not finished here!? she yelled. ?Get back in there!?

?No!? Obi-Wan shook his head. ?I won?t.?

Their argument had drawn a crowd, one of whom hid in the sh

22. Jedi_Suzuran

Jedi_Suzuran Jedi Knight star 5

May 22, 2002
    Yay to 2 posts! :)

This is really getting interesting. Garen is angry at Obi and Qui is jealous of Alee. You're setting up a great dynamic here. :D

Can't wait for more.

23. Lady_Moonbeam

Aug 4, 2002
    Yay! Much posting! Now I'm all mad at Garen for not wanting to talk to Obi-Wan, but Bant was being really cool.

I had a wonderful picture of Obi-Wan sitting up and ripping out all the medical tubes. Excellent imagery!

24. Kyp_side_of_TheForce

Aug 27, 2002
    um... he wants to rejoin the order!!!!!!!
    um, no, wait, he wants Qui-Gon to quit!!!!!!!!
    no, wait, this is the one... He turned dark side a while ago, and his loyalty to his sith masters is wavering enough to make him nearly confess to Qui-Gon!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    that must be it :p

25. Arwen-Jade_Kenobi

Feb 9, 2002
    Wonderful posts there f_p!!! I want to know what Obi was gonna ask *HINT HINT*

he he

More!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.