main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Burning Ashes-Xanatos-Humor-Angst-A few cameo's by Obi- Humorous( I hope epilouge) 4/2

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by Jedi_Knight_Hunter, Feb 18, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi_Knight_Hunter

Jedi_Knight_Hunter Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 6, 2002
    Lets set one thing straight- well two things actually:

1. The only thing I remember from The one or two JA books I've read is something about Dactyl and Qui being a jerk.

2. I am not George- If I was...well nevermind, I'm not George and I don't own starwars!

This is the prequel to Phoenix Rising- but it will be short- like 3 to 5 short posts!

Read and Review please!

For o-e who has me addicted to PaperCut and the froggy because she makes me laugh!

Xani's P.O.V.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

He killed him.

He. Killed. Him.

What did he think I'd do?

Did he think I'd just follow him blindly back to his ship?

I never got to know my father until I was brought back to Telos. I remembered him- tall, nice, friendly- I don't remember my mother and my father could have told me so much about her. The way she looked, how she talked, just little things that all children take for granted.

I've instantly become the richest person on the planet. Everyone is watching my every move to see if I side with the rebels or with my father's men. How am I supposed to choose? No one told me that ruling a planet was easy, but if I'd known it was this hard, I would have never gotten out of my bed. Nothing in my life has prepared me for this so what am I supposed to do? Return to the Jedi and let all these people fight a war that I can prevent?

I knew I should have stayed in bed this morning.

It doesn't seem real. He's gone. I knew him for 5 weeks and yet it seems like I knew him forever.

And. He. Killed. Him.

He never even got to tell me good bye. HE struck him down with his sabre...over a misunderstanding. Master Jinn is incredibly dense in that way. He killed my father as my father came to tell him that I asked to stay and make sure that the changes the workers requested are carried out.

He. Killed. Him.

Cut. Him. Down. In. Cold. Blood.

And I want revenge. Am I in the wrong?

I want revenge. Jedi do not have passion, anger, or seething hatred.

I'm not a Jedi. Anymore.

2. PaddyJuan

PaddyJuan Jedi Master star 4

Nov 15, 2002
    uh oh.

me has a baaaad feeling about this!

** froggy slips the evil plot bunnies a radioactive carrot. **

grow my pretties, grow and attack

3. Jedi_Suzuran

Jedi_Suzuran Jedi Knight star 5

May 22, 2002
    Oh, oh, oh! Me likey this! I like this a lot, JKH. :)

And quit hoggin the carrots, froggie :p

4. PadawanKitara

PadawanKitara Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 31, 2001
    a radioactive glowing green froggie- run away run away

5. Jedi_Knight_Hunter

Jun 6, 2002
    I'm glad y'all like!

Carrots? froggy you didn't? You did, well that explains the Xani in leather on a motorcycle dream last night.

Thanks for reading- next part today!

6. Aunecah_Skywalker

Aunecah_Skywalker Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 25, 2002
    *Whistles softly* Wonderfully done, J_K_H. Now, I have to go check out Phoenix.

Aunecah

7. Jedi_Knight_Hunter

Jun 6, 2002
    Notes for me: hey you had your chance to read them

8. PaddyJuan

Nov 15, 2002
    ** glurp **

I didn't eat the radioactive carrots! I fed them to your plot bunnies!

9. Jedi_Knight_Hunter

Jun 6, 2002
    Thanks A_S, any and all critisism on PR appreciated!

Froggy- I know...and the bunnies attacked last night at 3:00 in the morning! So if Xani has a motorcycle in this fic I blame you!

10. Jedi_Knight_Hunter

Jun 6, 2002
    Xani's P.O.V - I want to get burning ashes done before I get to act 2 scene 2 of PR, so...

~~~~~~

I stayed on Telos for the next five years, fulfilling the promises my father made to his workers. The workers love me for that, they practically worship at my feet. For the past five years, I've provided food, medicine and adequate shelter. I'm not a bad person.

Yet, I still want revenge. Does that make me an evil person? Every night I go to bed dreaming of revenging my father's death, and every morning awakening to the image of his blade passing through my father's neck, his eyes wide with shock as his head falls towards the ground, rolling to a stop a few feet away, sightless eyes looking to the stars- I see it in slow motion every time I awake.

Does my wanting revenge make me evil? Demented maybe, but not evil. At least, not by normal standards. But I wasn't normal, I was a Jedi.

The Jedi and their holy council. I never did follow Jinn off the planet; it was my choice to stay. I did, however, return to Coruscant quite often, and I did ask the council for compensation for my father's death. He was a good man, and rightful ruler of the planet, after all.

The council laughed at me, mocked me...called me ungrateful for all they had given me, they told me I was no longer welcome in the sanctuary temple. They were right to do so- I'm no Jedi- only the shadow of one.

I left the temple that day with shiny unshed tears in my eyes. All avoided me; all but one- a mere child, whose light in the force shined so bright that no shadows could ever stand near him. A child crying, his blue-green eyes, shining with the moisture of tears.

I squatted down to look him in the eyes.

"Why are you crying?" I asked curiously.

"I'm crying because you are sad," he told me with the attitude that he knew with out a doubt that he was right.

"What's your name, young one?"

"Obi."

"You don't need to cry for me, child, I'll be alright."

"Ok. What's your name?"

"Xanatos."

"You're the Xani that everyone says is evil? You're not evil...just different."

"I'm glad someone thinks so, Obi, bye now."

"Bye-bye!"

Obi waved, and I left. But, I left a small piece of myself behind with that crying child. A bit of the light within him would always be a part of me.

I later returned to ask the council, once more, for compensation for my father's death, and for the deaths that the war on Telos had caused after Jinn left. They told me I was foolish, a mere child who, if begged to come back to the order and renounce my father would be allowed to serve the Jedi for the rest of my life. What right have they to judge me and my decisions? I'm not a child, I willingly chose to leave.

I returned to Telos with in the week. My advisors had been hopeful that I had gotten what we wanted from the Jedi, but to no avail.

I want revenge. Revenge is of the darkside, but it feels damn good.

I want revenge- my anger with the Jedi has grown until I now use the darkside freely. I don't care- it's just a tool. It's easier to use than the lightside, which for me, has begun to slip farther and farther away. But I always knew it would, I saw it, and I think the troll saw it. But it doesn't matter anyways. I'm still the same headstrong person that I've been ever since I was his padawan. I haven't changed- just my power source. It's a tool- nothing more, nothing less. I still take care of my people- I feed them, I shelter and educate them, and I don't use The Force to control them. I use the darkside. Does this make me a bad person? I don't think so.

I'm leaving now- Offworld is set up to run and provide for the employees and their children for the next 50 years or so. So, I'm leaving now- I want mym revenge- and I'm going to get it.

11. Jedi_Knight_Hunter

Jun 6, 2002
    Froggy! Those plot bunnies are being mean to me, they won't let me go...

[face_blush]

oops double post

12. Jedi_Knight_Hunter

Jun 6, 2002
  13. obi_ew

obi_ew Jedi Master star 5

Apr 14, 2002
    Okay I'm mad! NO! I am totally PO'D ! :mad: Why you ask? Maybe because nobody bothered to inform me that this even existed! * calms self down * So now I'm left to sit here wondering . But, I left a small piece of myself behind with that crying child. A bit of the light within him would always be a part of me. Since this is a prequel to your other evil fic does that line lead me to believe that my Xan is going to pop up and go postal on Anakin and lunkhead? :D I can't wait to see what you have going here!

Hum, I think this calls for a Xan post on TOTS today! :)

14. Darkest_Knight

Darkest_Knight Jedi Youngling

Jan 29, 2003
    o-e I thought I'd let you find it on your own...

;)

Xani will show up in PR soon- too soon, thats why I want to finish this one first.

15. CYNICAL21

CYNICAL21 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 8, 2001
    I have exactly 10 seconds to spare - to say that the foreboding in this is thicker than clotted cream. Good job, JKH - though I'm still in denial - and choosing to believe that the reference to 'Phoenix' means what I think it means.

CYN

16. Jedi_Knight_Hunter

Jun 6, 2002
    Cyn Denial is good. :p

17. Jedi_Knight_Hunter

Jun 6, 2002
    Just a quick note: I find it easier for me to write in first person- thus the majority of these posts will be thus, as they seem to have a better flow. Let me know if y'all hate that, or if I'm wrong about the flow.

Part 3-1
    Just a short post tonight.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Qui's P.O.V.

I've been lucky these last few missions, and I don't even believe in luck, just the living force. Something just hasn't felt right- something out of place. It's like the Force was warning me to leave every place I've been to for the past two years.

But I'm coming home today- well back to Coruscant, which is as close to home as I'll ever be. I accept it with the grace and poise that suits a senior Jedi Master. I'm scheduled to meet with the council this afternoon- won't that be a wonderful battle with the troll trying to convince me to take some poor pathetic initiate- as though any of the temples meager offerings could ever hope to equal my Xanatos.

Xani. Such a poor boy, a true pity he turned away from the lightside of the Force. He thinks he had to follow his own path, but I know that if given the chance, he'd welcome the opportunity to return to me with open arms. Maybe I'll go to Telos myself. It was such a lovely, green planet, full of life and beauty.

I dock my ship and continue my musings on my ex-and-soon-to-be-again-padawan, almost walking past the council chamber doors.

Once inside the chambers we go through the same formalities as usuall, and I find myself wondering if the rumors about Master Yoda's thong are true. I mean, that is a wrong mental place and why did I just go there?

I space off for another 15 minutes, the usual time it takes for the council to dispense with the formalities. Finally getting board with the lack of interesting conversation around here, I interupt Master Galla praddling on about something I did wrong in my last mission.

"Masters, I request a new mission- one of my choosing."

A furious uproar resounded throughout the council, if you can count 12 Jedi Masters blinking in suprise. Man, I crack myself up sometimes. Ok, now Qui, you are the man, they have to listen to you, and let you do whatever you want.

"Masters, I humbly ask for one mission, and one mission only- I know that the senate has recently been concerned by what OffWorld, based on the planet Telos. I propose that I go to Telos, in secret, scout, and report what I learn back to the council."

"Meditated on this you have, Master Jinn?" I couldn't believe the wizened old troll had the gall to question me, of all his people, his grand-padawan!

"Yes, Master Yoda," of course not you damn troll!

"Then granted, your request will be."

Out of the corner of my eye, I saw Mace begin to open his mouth to disagee with Yoda.

"Speak against me, you will not, Master Windu. Speak on this we will later. Dissmissed you are Master Jinn."

"Thank you Masters."

I left to prepare for my trip to Telos. I had a reunion with an old friend to prepare for.

Xanatos P.O.V.

I'm returning home today. Two long years wasted. I was always just one step behind the murderer. Just one. I could never get just one damn step ahead of him. I never even saw him. What A WASTE!

"Master Xanatos, we will be landing in five minutes. Please prepare for arrival, and welcome back to Telos."

18. Jedi_Knight_Hunter

Jun 6, 2002
    This is the last time I up this fic...after that, your on your own for finding it- I happen to like it, but if you guys think it's horrible- give me some tips on how to improve my writing.

19. PaddyJuan

Nov 15, 2002
    would you please put this in your sig so that I can find it?!!!!!

I'm enjoying it. Keep on.

PS, I want an AU where Xani wins and gets Obi as an apprentice and blockhead turns to the darkside and tries to kill them and the Council just shakes their collective heads and says, hard to see the Darkside is, and much anger i sense in him. grins

20. obi_ew

Apr 14, 2002
    This is my Xan !I love it! You just post too damn late at night!I'm an old lady and have to go to bed early! :p So Master Dolthead is so smug he thinks he can saunter back into Xan's life and be welcome with open arms huh? [face_laugh] This should be priceless! And I agree with froggy .Put your fics in your sig! ;)

21. Jedi_Knight_Hunter

Jun 6, 2002
    Sorry if my last message sounded a bit bitchy- I was channeling either myself or Xani. ;)

Froggy Yeah, I want one of those fics too, but I think I have other plans for this one ;)

o-eYou just post too damn late at night!I'm an old lady and have to go to bed early!

I only post at Midnight on the weekends- or when I don't have school the next day ;)

Happy 1000th to me - yes I celebrate the stupid stuff in life.

Post up in a bit- if I can tear myself away from a few other stories.

22. Jedi_Knight_Hunter

Jun 6, 2002
    1st person again.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Master Jinn's P.O.V

Midnight.

Perfect time for an inspection of Offworld. My soon-to-be-again-padawan doesn't even know I'm on planet. He's coming back to the Jedi tonight, even if I have to put a leash on him and drag him with me.

Sheilding myself to with the force, I sneak past the guards at the gate with a simple mind trick. 'Oh, Xani, you stupid brat, even you should remember the first thing I taught you; never let your guard down. Not that I'm complaining mind you. Makes this just that much easier.'

I walk in to the foyer of the multi story headquarters meeting no resistance at all; complete with my little black bag full of detonators and the blueprints to the building. I spend the next two hours carefully planting the detonators on the main columns holding up the building. I hope it doesn't come to this, but he's coming back with me, no matter what the cost.

'Oh Xanatos, you are really pathetic. What if someone came here to assassinate you? It's a good thing you are coming back with me.'

I step into the elevator, hitting the button for the 77th floor- Xani's appartment. The doors closed and I began a smooth assent towards being reunited with my padawan. The elevator screeched to a sudden grinding halt several stories before his apartment.

The doors crumpled infront of me, the power of the explosion blowing me off my feet and flat onto my back.

Looking up, I saw my ex-apprentice standing over me.

"Hello Master Jinn," he said, casually holding his ignited lightsabre in his left hand. "Wonderful to see you again my Master"

He ignited his sabre, casting a purple glow across his features.

'Uh-Oh, not good!'

"Lord DeCrion! Lord Decrion! Please, Sir! You must get up! Its an emergency!" My sevrant gently shook me until I was at least partially awake.

"Sotan, its 2:15 in the bloody morning and I just got to bed half an hour ago. This better be damn important!" I bellered back.

This had to be the worst day of my life- I had to give up my search for Jinn, the council had informed me in their usual hostile manner that they were sending an envoy to make sure that I was treating the people of Telos with kindness, respect, yadda yadda...

"Milord! The security cameras caught an intruder in the foyer, placing what appears to be explosives, at approximatly 12:20 a.m."

"And you waited until now to inform me? Why didn't security inform me when I was still awake?"

"Sorry, sir, but you will have to ask them. Sir??? Sir you cannot go back to sleep with an intruder still placing explosives in the foyer."

"I'd like to see him try to blow it up. Ok, Ok I'm up, no need to glare at me like that. Call security- let them know I'm on my way."

Sotan made no move to leave.

"Sotan, I am up. Now I'd like a little privacy so I could at least get half dressed, unless you'd like to see me naked- so leave!"

"Sir, please hurry- it is an emergency," bowing, Sotan left the room. Sighing I grabbed the first thing that I saw - pajama pants. I'd been looking for those. I stepped into my boots, grabbed mym lightsabre, and ran down the stairs to the monitering room.

"Sir, this is the intruder- he's in the main elevator, on the 5th floor." I glanced down.

"It can't be," I burst out, slightly suprised to say the least. 'Maybe today will be a good day after all.'

"That's Master Jinn." I whispered.

"The guy you've been looking for the past two years?"

"That's him. Stop the elevator on the 70th floor. I want him. Alone."

I ran down the 6 flights of stairs, taking a detonator with me. I placed my detonator on the doors and waited.

The elevator stopped.

The detonator exploded.

I stepped forward into the smoke- my purple sabre blazing.

"Hello Master Jinn, wonderful to see you again my Master"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

comments appreciated- btw changing m

23. PaddyJuan

Nov 15, 2002
    "Now I'd like a little privacy so I could at least get half dressed, unless you'd like to see me naked- so leave!"

O.O

Now really, you expect me to close my eyes here?

This was so funny. Buckethead was being arrogant and everyone knew he was there.

lol. oh i am loving this.

let the phoenix rise from the burning ashes

24. Phoenix_Reborn

Phoenix_Reborn Jedi Master star 4

Feb 23, 2003
    Froggy"Now I'd like a little privacy so I could at least get half dressed, unless you'd like to see me naked- so leave!"

O.O

Now really, you expect me to close my eyes here?

No, it was just a suggestion.

This was so funny. Buckethead was being arrogant and everyone knew he was there.

lol. oh i am loving this.

[face_blush] [face_blush] [face_blush]

thank you!

25. obi_ew

Apr 14, 2002
    :( But I like Jedi Knight Hunter . * sighs * It's your choice. Whatever! OKay now that I'm done pouting I have one question. Is Qui more then a little unbalanced here? Just seems to me like he's a can short of a sixpack. Any who, I can't wait to see what happens next! :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.