main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Before - Legends ~*A Change in Destiny An Ani/Ami/OC love triangle AU story*~ *AUTHOR'S BACK!!*

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Monica_Skywalker, Mar 15, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Monica_Skywalker

Monica_Skywalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 10, 2002
    Summary: What if Anakin wasn't the only chosen one? What if the Jedi discovered a female named Audrey with a high midichlorian count before they discovered Anakin?

Rating: PG

Disclaimer: I don't own Star Wars or any of the characters (although I wish I owned Anakin...*sigh* [face_love] ) except for Audrey & her mother.

A/N: ** is Force communication, and thoughts.

Well, here it is! :)
    "Master, where are you going?! The temple is completely the other way!" Twelve-year-old Obi-Wan Kenobi exclaimed. He and his master, Qui-Gon Jinn, were sitting in the cockpit of a small cruiser, returning from a strenuous mission on the outskirts of the galaxy.

Qui-Gonn smiled. "Relax, Obi-Wan. I sensed something extremely strong through the force. I have never felt anything this strong before, not even around Yoda. Trust me, I know what I'm doing."

"Sure, you said that right before we both fell into the trap set by the Ewoks." Obi-Wan muttered under his breath.

"That was not my fault," Qui-Gon objected, giving his padawan a stern look. "if you would've been paying attention, you would've seen the traps."

"Well, if you had stuck to the mission, we wouldn't have been there in the first place."

"I knew that something else was wrong. I turned out to be right, remember?"

Obi-Wan sighed. "Yea, yea, I remember. We found drugs that were being smuggled. But that's beside the point. We should be at the temple now. The Council instructed-"

"I don't care what the Council instructed, I want to find out what this is."

"What is it? We don't even know what it is! For all we know, it could be some sort of fire-breathing monster that is using the force to lure us to our painful deaths!"

Qui-Gon shook his head, amazed at the things his padawan said. *He never fails to amaze me.* "No more HoloNet for you, it's messing with your head. You know very well that no monster is luring us to our deaths."

"Well, it's still not safe to be going wherever it is that we're going. Especially without the Council knowing where we are. If you would just follow the rules, you would be a member of the Council, Master."

"How many times do I have to tell you, I do what I feel is right. The Council knows that."

"I sure hope so." Obi-Wan sighed, slouching in the co-pilot's chair. *I sure hope so.*

"She's beautiful." Jamaria whispered, smiling at her new baby daughter. The baby looked up at her, her dazzling blue eyes sparkling.

"She sure is," the nurse replied, smiling. "Do you know what you're going to name her yet?"

"Audrey."

"That's a beautiful name. It suits her well," The nurse glanced at the door. "Is her father going to come by soon?" Jamaria's smile quickly vanished, and the nurse apologized.

"It's okay, it's not your fault." Jamaria reassured her, and continued playing with Audrey, whose eyes were slowly closing. The nurse smiled at the happy family, and quietly slipped out the door, leaving mother and daughter alone.

"We're here," Qui-Gon announced as the ship touched down on a hospital landing pad.

"Finally." Obi-Wan jumped up from the chair, only to be stopped by Qui-Gon.

"I want you to stay here."

Obi-Wan's jaw dropped. "Stay here?! But I want to go with you!"

"Obi-Wan," Qui-Gon said sternly. "I need you to stay with the ship. I won't be long." Without another word, Qui-Gon left the cockpit and exited the ship.

Obi-Wan collapsed into the chair. "I never get to do anything fun." he murmered to himself.

Qui-Gon entered the hospital, and immediately felt the force signature grow stronger. *I am in the right place; I can feel it.* He turned towards his left and proceeded down a narrow hallway, sounds of screaming escaping from nearby rooms. He turned to his right, and walked down another hallway, labeled "Labor & Delivery". With every step he took, the signature seemed to grow stronger. When it had reached its peak, Qui-Gon knocked on the door he was nearest to.

"Come in." Came a voice from inside, and Qui-Gon slowly turned the handle of the door, st

2. Kettch_the_Jedi

Kettch_the_Jedi Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 22, 2002
    Ooh, I like this. Is it a repost or new? I especially liked the ewoks line. Actually there were a lot of lines I like.

3. Monica_Skywalker

Jul 10, 2002
    Kettch_the_Jedi: I had just started it on the other board, and I decided to move it over here. Thanks for reading! I'm glad you like it so far! :)

Here's the next part! :)

Suddenly, a young girl appeared in Yoda's mind.

She was about three years of age, and had sparkling, blue eyes that were the color of the sky. Her hair flowed behind her in a knotted mess as she ran through the busy halls of the Temple, clutching what looked to be a pink blanket. She ran until she finally found what she was looking for: Obi-Wan.

"Obi! Obi!" She shouted as she saw him walking down the hall. He turned around and saw her, a look of pure terror on his face. *Oh no, she found me!* He thought.

"Hi, Audrey." He said slowly, a fake smile on his face.

"Guess what?" She yelled, and passing Jedi gave her weird glances as they walked by.

Obi-Wan shielded his face with his hand, mortified. "What?"

"I getta start my training! Yay!" She shrieked, drawing even more stares.

"That's great, Audrey. Why don't we go talk with Qui-Gon." Obi-Wan suggested, leading Audrey to his quarters.

The image faded, and Yoda chuckled to himself at the thought of Audrey humiliating Obi-Wan. *Difficult, children are.* Another image caught the Master's attention, and he focused on it, wondering what the Force would show him next.

A six-year-old girl dressed in Jedi robes was in lightsaber training class, along with other Jedi children her age. Her hair was braided in a single braid that ran down her back, and her eyes were sparkling with excitement and happiness. *Love lightsaber training, she does.* Yoda thought to himself.

"Now I want all of you to put on your helmets. We're going to practice with the training remotes today." The children put on their helmets and ignited their lightsabers, and the training remotes came to life, firing blasters. The children tried to reflect the blaster bolts by sensing them with the Force and deflecting them with their lightsabers, but most failed. Audrey, however, successfully managed to deflect every single blaster.

"Okay, lightsabers down," Mace ordered, and the children deactivated their lightsabers, and the training remotes ceased their fire. "Very well done. Although many of you got hit, you have improved very much. Audrey did exceptionally well, deflecting all of her blasters." Audrey beamed, happy to be acknowledged.

"You are dismissed."

*Make a great Jedi, she will. Strong in battle, she will be.*

"Anakin, guess what?" Audrey was now around sixteen years old, and was talking to a young boy who looked to be about eleven. He had sandy blond hair, and was dressed in Jedi robes.

"What?" He asked, a smile on his face.

"My master said that we get to go on a mission together soon!" Both of their faces lit up with happiness, especially the boy's.

"That's great! I've always wanted to go on a mission with you! Maybe we'll get to go somewhere exciting for a change."

"Yeah, I hope we don't go solve a border dispute or something like that. Those missions are always long and boring." Audrey tossed her long hair behind her shoulder.

Anakin nodded. "I hope we get to fight! I want to show people how good I've gotten at using my lightsaber!"

"I could go for that!"

Yoda opened his eyes, ending his meditation. He stood up slowly and walked back to his quarters, still thinking of the images he had seen. *Who's Anakin? Know of him, I do not. Sense his importance as well, I do.*

4. Emperor_Joe

Emperor_Joe Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 7, 2002
    Nice save you did back there Monica! I was allways wondering how Anakin would make it into the story. Wonderfuly devloping plot line as far as I can tell.

5. Monica_Skywalker

Jul 10, 2002
    Joe: Thank you very much for reading this! :D Yeah, Anakin's in the story, and he'll pop in a bit later! :) [face_love]

Up!

6. Satoshi

Satoshi Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 2, 2002
    Awesome, awesome, awesome post! This is getting very exciting! :D

7. Emperor_Joe

Aug 7, 2002
    I must say I agrre with Satoshi.

8. Laura_Anu

Laura_Anu Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 27, 2002
    This is cool! More, please?

9. Monica_Skywalker

Jul 10, 2002
    Ryan: Thanks! :D

Joe: Thanks! :D

Laura_Anu: Yay, a new reader! *cheers* :) I'm glad you like it! :)

There should be more either tonight or tomorrow! :)

10. Monica_Skywalker

Jul 10, 2002
    Here's the next post! :)

"Come to see the Council now, you two shall." Yoda told Qui-Gon, who nodded.

"I'll wake up my Padawan, and we'll be right there." Qui-Gon shut off his com-link, shaking his head. He walked into his Padawan's room, which was in total disarray. Obi-Wan's Jedi robes were casually tossed on the floor in front of his bed, and his sheets had been pushed completely off of his bed. Qui-Gon shook his head in disapproval as he walked towards Obi-Wan's bed.

"Obi-Wan," He shook his Padawan, who groaned in response. "The Council has requested our presence, so you need to get up now."

Obi-Wan turned over, putting his head under his pillow. "Too....early." Came the muffled response.

Qui-Gon rolled his eyes. "It's only seven o'clock."

"Only?! How do you get up this early, Master? Don't you ever sleep in?" Obi-Wan asked, turning to look at his master.

"I did as a Padawan, but once I started training you I haven't been able to. Now, get up."

"No." He murmered, turning over again.

"Fine." Qui-Gon left the room, and headed towards the 'fresher. He filled a bucket full of ice-cold water, carried it back to Obi-Wan's room, and poured it over his bed.

"Holy mother of the Sith, that's cold!" Obi-Wan yelled, jumping out of his bed. He sent a glare at Qui-Gon, who chuckled as he walked out of the room.

"I expect you to be ready in ten minutes, Padawan."

"Yeah, yeah." Obi-Wan murmered as he picked up his robes, which were now soaking wet, off of the floor. /You better watch out Master, I'm going to get you for that/ He warned through the Force.

Qui-Gon chuckled. /Sure you will/

Within twenty minutes, Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan were standing in front of the Council.

"Meditated about young Audrey, I did," Yoda began, and everyone focused their attention on him. "Important, she will be."

"You also mentioned another human....what was his name?" Mace asked.

Yoda nodded. "Young Anakin Skywalker. Yes, yes...important he is as well."

Qui-Gon frowned. "Anakin Skywalker? Is he at the Temple yet?"

Mace shook his head. "No. I'm assuming-"

"Assume, you should not. Believe, I do, that born, he is not."

Obi-Wan nodded. "So our fate depends on Audrey and this Anakin kid? How is that possible? What will they do?"

Chuckles escaped from several Council members. "Show us, the Force will, when the time is right."

"And when will that be?" Obi-Wan asked, knowing that he was annoying Yoda. Qui-Gon shot Obi-Wan a stern look. Obi-Wan just shrugged, an innocent look on his face.

Yoda sighed. *Younglings and their sense of humor. Think, they do, that stupid, I am.* "When the will of the Force shows us."

"Who will train Audrey?" Qui-Gon asked, changing the subject.

"When the time is right, decide, we will."

"Where is she, Master?" Obi-Wan asked.

"In the nursery. She is in perfect health."

Qui-Gon nodded. "Do you want to go see her, Obi-Wan?"

He nodded.

"Then dismissed, you are," Obi-Wan bowed and left the room, happy to be away from his Master and the Council members.

11. Satoshi

Sep 2, 2002
    Hmm, it'd be cool if Obi-Wan got to train Audrey. But then I suppose he wouldn't be able to train Anakin. That is unless you change a couple rules from the movies ;)

Good post :)

12. Emperor_Joe

Aug 7, 2002
    Hmmmm...... I would put a whole lot in the Force. It didnt help Plapatine a whole lot in RoTJ. Wonderful post.

13. Monica_Skywalker

Jul 10, 2002
    Ryan: Yeah, I am still deciding on who Obi-Wan should train. I keep going back and forth between Audrey and Anakin, and I'm still not sure yet. Thanks! :D

Joe: Thanks! :)

I'll get a post up as soon as I can! :)

14. C3SoloP0

C3SoloP0 Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 10, 2002
    Hey!!
    I had read this a while ago...now I'm back!!! But I want the rest!!!

It's always refreshing to have Anakin with someone else.......it's a nice change.. :)

Up!

15. Emperor_Joe

Aug 7, 2002
    UP!------UP!------UP!U
    UP!------UP!------UP!-P
    UP!------UP!------UP!--!
    UP!------UP!------UP!---U
    UP!------UP!------UP!---P
    UP!------UP!------UP!--!
    UP!------UP!------UP!-E
    UP!------UP!------UP!J
    UP!------UP!------UP!
    UP!------UP!------UP!
    UP!------UP!------UP!
    UP!UP!UP!UP!------UP!

What do you think? :D

16. Monica_Skywalker

Jul 10, 2002
    C3SoloPO: Thanks, I'm glad you like it so far! :)

Joe: :eek: Wow, that's a beautiful up! Thank you! :D

I'll post tomorrow! :)

17. Emperor_Joe

Aug 7, 2002
    UP!UP!----------UP!UP!-UP!--------------UP!
    -UP!UP!--------UP!UP!---UP!-------------UP!
    --UP!UP!------UP!UP!-----UP!---UP!UP!---UP!
    ---UP!UP!----UP!UP!-------UP!--UP--UP!--UP!
    ----UP!UP!--UP!UP!---------UP!UP!----UP!UP!
    -----UP!UP!-UP!UP!
    --------UP!UP!-------------UP!UP!UP!UP!
    --------UP!UP!-------------EJ!
    --------UP!UP!-------------UP!UP!UP!
    --------UP!UP!-------------UP!
    --------UP!UP!-------------UP!UP!UP!UP!

------UP!UP!---------------UP!
    ----UP!----UP!-------------UP!
    ---UP!------UP!------------UP!
    ----UP!----UP!-------------UP!UP!UP!
    ------UP!UP!

----UP!------UP!-----------UP!UP!UP!
    ----UP!------UP!-----------UP!
    ----UP!UP!UP!UP!-----------UP!UP!UP!

----UP!UP!------------------UP!UP!
    ----UP!--UP!--------------UP!----UP!
    ----UP!---UP!------------UP!------UP!
    ----UP!----UP!-----------UP!------UP!
    ----UP!------------------UP!------UP!
    ----UP!-------------------UP!----UP!
    ----UP!---------------------UP!UP!

---------------------------UP!------UP!
    --------------------------UP!-UP!UP!-UP!
    --------------------------UP!---UP!--UP!

---------------------------UP!UP!UP!UP!
    ---------------------------UP!
    ---------------------------UP!EJ
    ---------------------------UP!
    ---------------------------UP!UP!UP!UP!

18. Emperor_Joe

Aug 7, 2002
    What do you think?

19. Monica_Skywalker

Jul 10, 2002
    Joe: Wow, you're very creative! :) Thanks again! :)

Here's the post! :)
    Obi-Wan walked into the nursery, wondering why he was here. *I could've just gone back to my quarters.* He thought as he walked down the rows of cribs, containing various new children. He walked by a young Twi'lek child with pale blue skin, and a child of Yoda's species (who was extremely tiny), before he came to Audrey's crib.

She was lying up on her back, staring up at the white ceiling. When Obi-Wan came into view, she looked over towards him, a big, toothless grin spread across her face. She squealed with joy, clapping her tiny hands together.

Obi-Wan smiled. "Hi, Audrey. It's me, Obi-Wan."

She laughed, reaching up for Obi-Wan.

"You want me to pick you up?"

Audrey nodded, as if she understood exactly what Obi-Wan had said. *Then again, she is Force-Sensitive.*

"Oh, all right!" He gave in, bending over and picking Audrey up out of her crib. He held her at arms-length, unsure of what to do with her.

A nearby healer laughed. "Don't worry, babies doesn't bite. Except that one over there." She pointed to a human baby in the corner, and showed me her wrapped-up hand. I stifled my laughter, and brought Audrey closer to me. She leaned against my chest, and closed her eyes.

The healer smiled. "She hasn't slept in days. I guess all she needed was to be cuddled. You know, you're a natural when it comes to taking care of infants. Would you like to help me sometime? I could use the help."

My eyes grew large. "Um, no thanks, Master. Childcare isn't my strengh, I promise."

"Okay, Padawan Kenobi, but remember, if you ever change your mind, let me know."

I frowned. "How did you know my name?"

The healer's smile grew. "I've been working in the nursery for years, Obi-Wan. I was here when you were brought in."

It finally dawned on me. "Master Trishi?"

She nodded. "Yep, that's me."

"I remember you. You used to rock me to sleep when I was little." I said, remembering the woman from my childhood.

Master Trishi pushed back her grey hair, sitting on a chair near me. "Yes I did. I remember when you would scream until I came over to your crib. You were quite loud as a child."

I blushed. Audrey, who had fallen asleep, was now drooling on my tunic.

She must've noticed me looking down at Audrey, because Master Trishi said, "She's cute, isn't she?"

I nodded. "I still can't believe that she's going to grow up to be the Chosen One."

"It's amazing, isn't it? It's just one miracle that the Force does."

I frowned, not understanding what the elderly woman meant. "What do you mean?"
    I took a seat next to Master Trishi, and she explained. "Well, the Force does many things. It gives us Jedi the ability to see the future, and to help save lives of innocent creatures. It gives hope to those who have none. The Force gives Audrey the power to bring balance to it, and she is the one who will either make or break the Jedi Order."

I sighed, looking down at Audrey. "That's a big decision for a little child to make. How will she do it?"

"Well, she won't make the decision until she is much older, but when she does, it will be one of the hardest choices she ever has to make. She'll be tempted by the dark side, of course, and unless she has been trained well in the ways of the light side, she may give in to her emotions. The Jedi Council must keep an eye on her, and make sure that she has a good Master to watch over her."

I nodded. "I'm sure she'll do fine."

Trishi's smile faded away. "Hopefully she'll make the right decision. The whole Jedi Order is at risk if she doesn't." Master Trishi stood up and walked away, leaving me and the sleeping Audrey all alone.

20. Emperor_Joe

Aug 7, 2002
    Wow! It brings such a profound sense of destiny to the story. I'd UP! art but my fingers hurt from the last time. More soon please!

21. C3SoloP0

C3SoloP0 Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 10, 2002
    wow....nice post.....

I can't wait till Audrey grows up....I bet she won't be able to stand Anakin at first...hihihi.....

A child of Yoda's species huh?? I would *love* to see THAT!!!! How small can that be? :)

I can just picture Obi with the baby....how cute!!! :) :) :)

UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!

22. Satoshi

Sep 2, 2002
    Interesting! What if.....what if one of the chosen ones goes bad, then the other stays good? It'd be interesting to see what the result of that would be, hmm....

23. Monica_Skywalker

Jul 10, 2002
    Joe: lol, thanks! :)

C2SoloPO: lol, Audrey just might hate Anakin! :p ;) As for a baby of Yoda's species...it'd be pretty tiny! :) Thanks!

Ryan: Yep, and that question won't be answered until way later. Thanks! :)

24. Kettch_the_Jedi

Kettch_the_Jedi Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 22, 2002
    More great posts. keep them coming. :)

25. Emperor_Joe

Aug 7, 2002
    ----------------------
    -------UP-------------
    -----UPUPUP-----------
    ----UPUPUPUP----------
    -------UP-------------