main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Before - Legends The Haunted Bantha:Ficlet of fun!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Red_Jedi_Knight, Mar 19, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Red_Jedi_Knight

Red_Jedi_Knight Jedi Youngling star 3

May 7, 2002
    Okay this a very very VERY short story that I wrote. i have not beta-ed so be nice... umm writen under idea that padawans are taken at very young age. okay here goes nothing......

2. Red_Jedi_Knight

May 7, 2002
    Okay one post story please don't eat me.

TITLE: Return of the Haunted Bantha
    AUTHOR: Red Jedi Knight
    TIME: 16 years before TPM
    RATING: G
    CATEGORY: Drama, Angst, Humor
    WARNINGS: Under idea that padawans are taken at early age.
    SUMMARY: Obi-Wan has a bad dream and needs Qui-Gon to make him feel better.
    ARCHIVE: I don't think it good enough for that but if you like it, then of course. Just please ask....
    Disclaimer: I OWN NOTHING MORE THAN MANY, MANY DOLLARS IN STAR WARS MERCHANDISE please Mr. Lucas don't sue me or I'll have to sell it all to pay for the law suit!!

It was all just a bad dream. It was all just a bad dream. It was all just a bad dream. It was all just a bad dream. Obi-Wan continued this mantra over and over as the shadows got bigger and bigger. Finally it was too much.

"MASTER!!!" Obi-Wan cried as he ran from his room and into his master's launching himself onto the bed once he had cleared the door.

Qui-Gon Jinn was awakened by a stab of pure fear from his padawan then was jolted into full consciousness as the 9 year old landed directly on his chest. What little air he had was forced out of his lungs by the nearly 70 pounds on him.

"Padawan would you care to get off me?" he said in a calm voice. Obi-Wan looked down, his face still full of fear. Slowly, he nodded and inched off him to the side of the bed next to the wall. "Now would you mind telling me why you are trying to wake most of the temple by yelling and running around?"

Obi-Wan got quite red and began to inspect the blankets on Qui-Gon's bed.
    "Well... when I was over visiting Bant yesterday, we watched Return of the Haunted Bantha. She thought it was just funny but I didn't think so." he mummbled quietly.

"So this holovid scared you?" Qui-Gon asked calmly. Obi-Wan nodded. "Well you just have to remember that it was only a holovid and holovids can't hurt you. Now we have work we will have to do in the morning. So please go back to bed." Qui-Gon carefully lifted his padawan and set him back on the other side. Obi-Wan hurried back to his room and jumped on the bed.

The haunted banthas could hide under your bed. They could be anywhere. Obi-Wan curled up in his blankets and squished into the corner of the wall his bed was next to. He tried to sleep but it never came.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The next morning Qui-Gon saw that Obi-Wan had less energy to work on katas and made more mistakes then usual. Qui-Gon carefully noted these flaws and tried to correct them but Obi-Wan just became self-conscious and shy. Qui-Gon was at a loss at what to do for his padawan.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"NO! STAY BACK!! YOU CAN'T HAVE HIM !!" Qui-Gon was jolted again into wakefulness by Obi-Wan's scared cries. This time he got up and went to the second bed room. He found Obi-Wan tangled in his sheets, most of the blankets were on the floor. He was struggling roughly and was sweating hard. "NO! You can't take Qui-Gon!" he cried again.

Qui-Gon moved to his side and gripped his shoulders shaking him lightly.
    "Obi-Wan, wake up."

"No, you ....wha..." Obi-Wan opened his eyes and gazed at Qui-Gon, "What happened?"

"You had another bad dream, you were yelling in your sleep."

"The haunted banthas were trying to take you away from me." Obi-Wan looked embarrassed, "I had to stop them.... then they tried to take me." Obi-Wan finally looked up and Qui-Gon could see his eyes well up with tears.

Obi-Wan must have thought he had seen something for suddenly he burst out, "I'm sorry," he hugs his master tightly and cried into his sleep shirt, "I know I'm a disapointment but I can change. I won't be afraid of anything just like you, just don't leave."

Qui-Gon was in shock. He held Obi-Wan close to him and tried to figure out where his apprentice had gotten the idea that he would ever leave him.
    "Obi-Wan look at me." When the small, round, tear streaked face looked up Qui-Gon couldn't help but smile. "I would never ever leave you, a herd of haunted banthas couldn't drag me from your side. I am here to love you and help

3. jacen200015

jacen200015 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 11, 2002
    That sure brightened my mood a bit.

4. Frostfyre

Frostfyre Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 25, 1999

That was darling! :) Well done.

5. Red_Jedi_Knight

May 7, 2002
    jacen200015 I'm glad this brightened you day.

Frostfyre Thank you. I'm glad you liked it!

6. Obi the Kid

Obi the Kid Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 13, 2000
    Nice light story is just what I needed today. Thanks Red Jedi for posting.

7. obaona

obaona Jedi Master star 4

Jun 18, 2002
    Awww, how cute! :D

8. Hananiah

Hananiah Jedi Master star 4

Jan 15, 2003
    Awww bless Poor Qui Gon. dignified Jedi master losing swimming trunks yep That one's gonna stick this was wonderful

9. Red_Jedi_Knight

May 7, 2002
    Obi the Kid-I'm glad you liked it!
    obaona-Thanks :)
    Hananiah-i hope it doesn't hurt his pride too much.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.