main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Before - Legends Hybrid Theory ((ALL OF MY READERS PLEASE READ ANNOUNCEMENT))

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by freak-pudding, Mar 19, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. freak-pudding

freak-pudding Jedi Master star 4

Dec 29, 2002
    Category: Obi-torture, Angst, Drama, Action-Adventure

Summary: The Hybrid people are slowly being wiped out by their creators, the Scolsichaz, a feared fascist group. Qui-Gon, Tahl, & Obi-Wan were sent in to help liberate the Hybrids, but one of those they wish to help betrayed them. Now, it's a cat-and-mouse game of chance that could end up fataly for everyone.

[b]PLEASE CHECK THE AUTHOR ANNOUNCEMENT THREAD [link=http://boards.theforce.net/message.asp?topic=10034076&start=12655031]HERE[/link].[/b]

[hr]
    this plot bunny bit me shortly after finishing watching [i]Schindler's List[/i], one of the most horrifying experiences in my life. the only way i could understand it as to put the Holocaust to something that i took comfort from. i warn you: if the Holocaust or mention of fascism makes you feel uncomfortable, LEAVE. i am not trying to post my opinions on the Holocaust, just my way of dealing with it.

please try to read the prequel, [link=http://boards.theforce.net/message.asp?topic=10086112&replies=21]Silent Screams[/link]. it's only 1 post long. it won't be needed, but it would explain a lot.

thank you for stopping by.
    [hr]

[u]Part 1: Trouble[/u]

Eva-Siti Rylanae was in trouble. But then again, when wasn?t she?

The tall and handsome Jedi Knight paced worriedly in front of her. Another Knight sat in the corner, her hands folded quietly in her lap. The pacing Knight was a Human male, a bit aged and worn, but still ruggedly handsome. The sitting Knight looked humanoid, but Eva wasn?t certain of her species. The blind, green-and-gold striped eyes weren?t exactly a normal Human eye color. Then again, she could be a hybrid, like Eva.

?Where is he?? Qui-Gon Jinn burst out. ?He would have been back by now!?

?I?m sure he?s coming,? Master Tahl said soothingly. ?Just calm down.?

?He?s not coming back,? Eva drawled. ?He was captured.?

?What?? Qui-Gon gave her a severe look. ?Tell me you?re joking.?

?Nope,? Eva slid off of the window ledge she?d been sitting on and sauntered over. ?They?ve all ready shipped him off to a concentration camp & are probably torturing him as we speak.?

?You are the most tactless little girl I?ve ever met,? Tahl said coldly, focusing on the hybrid. ?Now, what are you talking about??

Eva looked down at her feet, afraid, before she realized that the Jedi were not like the SS. She wouldn?t be shot for telling the truth.

?I sold him out,? she shrugged. ?One of the SS found out that the Senate sent you guys. And he? he told me to bag a Jedi. So I did.?

?You?ve been working with the Scolsichaz the whole time?? Qui-Gon clenched his fists to keep from wrapping his fingers around the female?s throat.

?I?m sorry,? Eva-Siti sighed. ?I had no choice.?

?You had every choice,? Tahl replied, standing up. ?You could have told us and we could have come up with something!?

?You don?t understand!? Eva burst out. ?My whole family was killed! This was the only way I could stay free. They know everything. They? they could?ve just killed all of you. Everyone.?

?What do you mean??

?I mean they knew you were here! They?ve known ever since you landed. The SS? they have this way of just?? Eva trailed off, throwing up her hands uselessly. ?I?m sorry. I don?t know what else to say.?

Silence met the young hybrid?s ears and she sighed.

?I guess I?ll just go,? she turned. ?I?m only gonna cause more problems.?

?No, wait,? Tahl placed a hand on her arm. ?You could be of help to us. Just stay away from the SS.?

?You two of all people should know that?s not possible,? Eva replied.

?How are things going??

The voice filtered through the heat to Obi-Wan. He could barely register the Force now. He was only a few, long, painful moments until death. As he felt his own flesh blister, he finally accepted it. Well, partly accepted anyway.

He lay there on his metal cot of a deathbed, wishing for the final oblivion to come when he heard the guards.

?I?m looking for a certain prisoner,? one of

2. freak-pudding

Dec 29, 2002
    You'll notice that some strange words are in italics and are followed by normal English. The italics is a different language, the regular words are the translation.

[u]Part 2: Broken Wings[/u]

?[i]Visca! Visca! [/i]Faster! Faster!?

Obi-Wan stumbled along the line as his feet were dragged forward and back at the same time. He was chained to a long line of hybrids, all digging trenches as their once beautiful wings hung sadly on their shoulders.

There was some kind of elegance that still hung around the hybrids, or the Viylians, as they called themselves. Perhaps it just came with the wings. The hybrids, at first glance, looked Human. But when they turned, two sets of wings, folded neatly behind them, were revealed. The wings themselves were fairly insect-like, with tiny veins crisscrossing their entire surface. They had a dull iridescent sheen to them, with the colors varying according to clan. One clan, the leaders, had a dulled rainbow color to their wings. When under the correct sunlight, it was quite a beautiful sight to see the hybrids standing together.

But no such luminance or happiness came now. Obi-Wan trudged relentlessly alongside his fellow prisoners, waiting for the next [i]Ixzak Riaan[/i], or job assignment.

The others trotted before and after him, their wings scarred and tattered. The ripped flesh was a testament to their pain, just as the black barcode burned into each one?s arm.

?[i]Hasak, szirta. [/i]You there, step forward.?

A rough hand pulled Obi-Wan from the line, knocking over those around him. A chorus of laughter bubbled up from the guards as Obi-Wan was unshackled. The boy lay in the mud, silently taking his torment. Struggling would only add to their delight. The man hauled him up, putting a blade to his throat.

?Enjoying yourself, Jedi?? the guard whispered in his ear. He kicked the back of the apprentice?s shin, throwing the boy into a frenzy of pain at his all ready damaged body. They threw him in the mud and continued kicking him, cruelly dangling his Padawan braid high over his head. The blue and red beads, a gift from his friends, slipped off the braid and were flung away into the perpetual brown of [i]Kkraxta [/i]slave camp?s ground.

No one turned to look in his direction as he was beaten. If you noticed, you died. Obi-Wan watched a group of pretty young hybrid women being hustled towards the gas chambers. Several of them were probably members of the workers? families, but no one did anything. If you cried, you died. That was all there was to it.

?Get up, [i]skzat[/i]!? the guards cursed at him as Obi-Wan struggled onto all fours. They kicked him, sending him sprawling back into the mud, and laughed again. Finally, two guards walked over and dragged him up.

?You?re going to go have a nice little chat with the boss,? the one to his right grinned. ?Trust me, it?ll be grand.?

They carried him away as the hybrids continued to dig. Not one turned or batted an eye in their direction. They trudged on, broken wings glittering sadly in the semi-darkness.

?Does she have any idea where they might have taken him??

?No, we?ve asked her numerous times.?

?Are you going to search for the camps?? Mace sighed, trying desperately to comprehend what was being said to him. In the last few weeks, Qui-Gon, with the help of Tahl & Obi-Wan, had uncovered a huge network of concentration camps & extermination camps run by a group of radical fascists, the Scolsichaz, or the SS. Unnoticed for hundreds of centuries, the Scolsichaz consisted of only Humans who believed that they were the master race and that every other species lived to serve them. Their brilliant scientists began the earliest work of genetic engineering, since the SS wanted an army. They wanted to create an army of individuals that possessed creative thought but were completely under their control. The hybrids were what came of that. The SS impregnated several unwilling Human hosts with the hybrid eggs. Now, centuries later, the SS realized that they did

3. freak-pudding

Dec 29, 2002
    Part 3: Their Lives For His

A tall Elder hybrid watched quietly as the Nyilat was dragged away. He was the only Human prisoner at Kkraxta. He also could control the Energy.

He continued to walk along with his people, his wings held high. That was the mark of the King. And Tral?lka was most certainly King. His beautiful wife, Ela?ya, was behind him, diligently digging with her small, delicate hands. His many daughters & sons were spread around the camp. He knew that at least three of the daughters had been killed, one was the personal slave of the SS camp head, and one had taken the deal to leave the camp. His sons were still working.

Tral?lka?s thoughts returned to their Human friend. He called himself a ?Jedi? and said that the Energy was actually called the ?Force.? He was a curious fellow and very friendly. He would tell stories at night, filled with adventure and suspense. His youth & wit made him an instant favorite among the prisoners; even the Txata, head slaves, liked him. He was a buoy of hope for the dying hybrids.

?Tral?lka!? one of the slave bosses came racing forward. ?You?re needed elsewhere.?

The starving King was unshackled from his wife and shoved across the plaza to another project, building the Camp Head?s new anti-grav pool. Three men had been crushed to death by a cement block, so they needed more workers.

That was what the once noble King had been reduced to. Just a new worker, a faceless number to be erased almost as soon as it?s written. He meant nothing to the Humans. Nothing, that is, except to Obi-Wan.

Obi-Wan called him fascinating; every single aspect of the King to him was amazing. He was infinitely curious about the Energy and what had first come of it, why the hybrids were made, why they were being wiped out. That was earlier.

Now, Obi-Wan Kenobi was sad and dejected. It had been six months since Obi-Wan had been taken. The poor Nyilat had given up hope on his friends ever finding him. But the Viylian decided that it would be his people?s special duty to make certain that the Messenger of the Energy would live. Obi-Wan did not realize what he meant as the Nyilat for the hybrids.

Tral?lka knew that he was willing to sacrifice his life and the life of his family to make sure that Obi-Wan lived. It was a simple matter of their lives for his.

They were still laughing. Obi-Wan was completely humiliated.

His head hung forward, straining the muscles in his arms as he swung slowly back and forth. His arms were stretched out and wrists tied to ropes connected to the corners of the rooms. He?d been whipped & beaten repeatedly over the past few hours, but no one had asked him a single question.

Instead, they?d stopped the torture for a while and held a glass of water above his head.

?Want some water?? they asked innocently. Obi-Wan, foolishly, nodded. They?d lowered it a little bit and then splashed it in his face.

Obi-Wan had cried out and recoiled from the burn of the boiling water. Then, one of them had kicked him square in the chest, crushing at least one rib. Now they just let him stand there in his own humiliation & shame.

4. freak-pudding

Dec 29, 2002
    Part 4: Assume the Worst

Ni?evva had grown used to the routine by now. She knew what steps to take, what to say, what to hide, where to put them, how to do it all. After all, she was alone again.

Sar-Toi had been captured a few weeks ago. He had been the head of the rescue movement. Now, with his death, Ni?evva was the only one left to run the operation. It was hard. Well, at least she still had Ka?tal to help her.

It was the price you paid when you decided to become a rebel. You had to always be ready to lose someone. She didn?t know if Sar-Toi was dead or not, but when someone was captured, you had to assume the worst so there was no desire to go after them and possible endanger the mission. It wasn?t about you, it was about everyone else.

?Ni!? Ka?tal ran forward, using her older sister?s nickname. ?Any word??

?No,? Ni?evva sighed. ?Nothing at all. They?re all still in the camps.?

?Not all of them,? the young girl?s eyes glittered roguishly. ?I?ve got a surprise for you.?

?What is it?? Ni?evva?s hopes jumped.

?We were wrong when we thought we were the only ones to survive the escape,? Ka?tal could barely contain herself. ?Someone else made it out!?

?Who? Who is it?!? Ni?evva ran towards her sister and clasped her hands. ?Please, for the love of the Nyilat, tell me!?

?Eva,? Ka?tal?s smiled widened more, if possible. ?She?s here. And she?s brought help.?

Eva appeared in the doorway, her wings tucked under a dark brown cloak. She was just as Ni?evva remembered: shy & very, very cautious. Apparently, not much had changed.

?Oh, Eva,? Ni?evva, despite herself, hurried forward and wrapped her younger sister in a warm hug. Eva-Siti stiffened awkwardly and uncomfortably put her arms around Ni?evva. ?I thought you were dead.?

Behind Eva-Siti came two Humans, one male, one female. A hissing sound escaped Ni?evva?s lips as she backed away, blaster in her hands instantly.

?No!? Eva held up her hands. ?It?s okay! They?re here to help.?

?But Humans don?t help,? Ni?evva replied. ?They harm.?

?These aren?t normal Humans,? Ka?tal pushed down the barrel of Ni?evva?s gun. ?They?re Messengers of the Energy.?

?I?ve found Jedi,? Eva nodded. ?They?ve been sent by the Republic to help us.?

?The Senate?? Ni?evva?s nose wrinkled in disgust. ?They don?t care about us.?

?Miss,? the male stepped forward. Ni?evva raised her blaster again with a hiss. He stopped and held up his hands. ?Please? we just want to help.?

?I don?t buy it, Eva,? Ni?evva ignored him. ?How could you get out so easily without us knowing??

?Listen, Ni?? Ka?tal put a hand on her sister?s exposed top wing. Ni?evva flinched and pushed her younger sibling away.

?Keep your mouth shut and stay in the background,? she growled to Ka?tal. The younger Princess nodded meekly and retreated to the shadows.

?Now, an explanation would be in order,? she gestured to a group of waiting soldiers to surround their guests.

?Yes, hate me.?

Lord Bultanna circled around Obi-Wan like a predator waiting for his prey to die. Lady Skira stood in the background, watching her father torture her new slave.

?Jedi do not hate,? Obi-Wan mumbled, desperately trying to cling to his slippery consciousness. Bultanna laughed.

?No, they don?t? but you are not a Jedi anymore.?

?Yes I am!? Obi-Wan?s muscles strained as he tried to strike out at Bultanna. He was again changed with his wrists spread wide over his head.

?Do you think they?ll want a foolish, angry boy?? Bultanna?s slimy voice whispered into his ear. ?They don?t want you anymore. If they wanted you, they would be trying to rescue you. But they?re not.?

?No?? Obi-Wan whimpered softly, tears falling down his dirty cheeks into the dust and dirt. ?They still want me??

?No they don?t,? Bultanna wiped off Obi-Wan?s face with a rag. ?We are your only friends now.?

?No!? Obi-Wan pulled away from him. ?No! My Master would not abandon me!?

Bultanna simply smiled and continued circling.

?There is no emotion; the

5. Obi the Kid

Obi the Kid Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 13, 2000
    Very nicely done. Schindler's List is indeed possibly one of the most powerful movies ever made. And I know from experience, one of the best ways to deal with things that affect you, is to write about them.

Obi

6. MYSTIC_KNIGHT

MYSTIC_KNIGHT Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 19, 2002
    I want to read more. You wrote this very good. Keep on up with the writing.

7. Siri_Kuimini

Siri_Kuimini Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 6, 2003
    More please..pretty please FP!
    ^
    |
    |
    |
    |
    |

8. Red_Jedi_Knight

Red_Jedi_Knight Jedi Youngling star 3

May 7, 2002
    MORE MORE NOW NOW I LIKE THIS STORY!!! PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

thank you!

9. lordmaul13

lordmaul13 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 18, 2000
    Aha! Here you are.

New post anytime soon?

*hopeful puppy dog look*

lordmaul13

10. Jemmiah

Jemmiah Jedi Master star 5

Mar 5, 2000
    *settles in with the others to wait for more*. Nice writing FP! :)

11. JediClare

JediClare Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 8, 2001
    "There is... emotion... peace... no ignorance... there is knowledge... passion... serenity..."

His vision dimmed and his head tilted down. His chin hit his chest as his eyes closed.

"There is no Force... there is no peace..."

:eek: Frightening as it is, I like how the words of the Code are twisted in the end to become the opposite.

What's going to happen next? More!

12. MYSTIC_KNIGHT

Mar 19, 2002
  13. ObiLegolas

ObiLegolas Jedi Youngling star 3

May 15, 2002
    Very interesting concept. This idea never occured to me. Very well written! Can't wait for more! Hope it comes soon. :D

14. MYSTIC_KNIGHT

Mar 19, 2002
    the force do exist Obi. Don´t surrender.

*starts crying*

Good post.

15. MYSTIC_KNIGHT

Mar 19, 2002
  16. Just_Jill

Just_Jill Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 17, 2002
    Schindler's List was powerful - being in one of those places (two, actually) was absolutely amazing (as a visitor and much later). Even with the death and despair, hope was everywhere. Don't forget that part.

Excellent story. Not a topic I could write about - you are very brave. Keep up the good work.

Just Jill

17. freak-pudding

Dec 29, 2002
    Obi the Kid: Thank you very much. Yes, it is very powerful.

MYSTIC_KNIGHT: Oh, next chapter's coming along nicely... Thank you very much.

Siri_Kuimini: It's coming, I promise!

Red_Jedi_Knight: OKAY OKAY IT'S COMING IT'S COMING!!!!! lol! You're welcome...

lordmaul13: Yes, I've moved. :) Yes, it's coming...

Jemmiah: Thank you!

JediClare: :D You got the meaning, then. I can't tell you! You'll have to wait for the postie!

ObiLegolas: Thank you. It's one of the few plot bunnies I'm really proud of. It will... hopefully!

MYSTIC_KNIGHT: Of course it exists! Poor little Obi... Thank you!

Just_Jill: Really? Did you see Auschwitz? Oh, there's hope with the hybrids. Just not Obi-dearest. Thank you. I will.

18. Just_Jill

Jul 17, 2002
    No, I didn't see Auschwitz. I spent an afternoon in St. Florian (in Austria, south and west of Linz), and in Teresien Stadt (although I'm not SURE where that is I think it was in Czechoslovakia), where they sent the children. That one was actually just a museum, and a picture they had there still haunts me.

And I'm glad you will show their hope. ;)

Can't wait for the next installment!

Just Jill

19. Red_Jedi_Knight

May 7, 2002
    *taps her toe and tries to look menicing in her tuxido shirt, black vest, a line skirt, character shoes and bowtie*
    i want it now...*eye twitch*

PLEASE!!!!

20. freak-pudding

Dec 29, 2002
    Just_Jill: Oh, my cousin went to Germany last summer and she took pictures of a few camps, but I can't remember their names.

Red_Jedi_Knight: Am I making you paranoid?

[u]Part 5: Fear is the Mind-Killer[/u]

?I feel horrible for him,? Tral?lka remarked. The Nyilat had cried himself to sleep that night, curled into a fetal position.

?He?s so sad,? Ela?ya nodded, taking her husband?s hand.

?What shall we do, Father?? Ik-Nat asked, concerned. ?I?m afraid that his work quality is slipping.?

?It does not matter,? Ki-Na put in, her black hair sliding down over her face. ?He is to be shipped off to Skira?s mansion to serve as her personal slave.?

Ik-Nat made a face at his sister?s news and sighed.

?It?s becoming impossible, Father,? he whispered, resting his head in his hands.

?Nothing is impossible if you do not fear,? Tral?lka replied quickly. ?You know this, son.?

?Yes, I know?? Ik-Nat sighed, rolling over onto his back. ?Fear is the mind-killer. I will face my fear. I will let it pass through me. And when it is gone there will be nothing; only I will remain. Yes, Father, I remember.?

?Good, my son,? Tral?lka nodded, closing his eyes. ?We must keep faith in that Sar-Toi and Ni?evva have found the Nyilat?s friends. They are the only ones who can free us.?

Obi-Wan lay as quiet as possible in his bunk, half-listening to the hybrids? conversation. But he couldn?t concentrate on anything. He was frightened.

After they had taken him down from his chains, he?d been informed that tomorrow he would leave for Lady Skira Fortuala?s mansion to serve as her personal slave. For the first time in months, he?d be completely cut off from his friends; lost and alone in a cruel woman?s tormented house.

Another tear fell from his blood-shot eyes as he stared outside. He could see the stars, and, despite his sadness, he began to name the systems. It was a habit he had, grown from the many diverse skies he?d slept under on missions. It always helped to be able to find home on a faraway planet.

But, try as he might, Obi-Wan couldn?t find the Coruscant system. The stars he?d memorized in his mind were vastly different from the stars before him. Just another stab in his heart?s never-ending ache.

?Nyilat?? Ki-Na, one of the King?s daughters, gently touched his arm. ?Are you hungry??

?N?no,? his voice cracked and trembled. ?I?m fine.?

?You?ll need your strength in the morning, Nyilat,? she whispered, leaning down over him. Her long, silky black hair fell like a curtain over his face, blocking the torturing sky from his view. He turned and looked up at her face above his.

?Please? For my father?? she smiled softly. ?I know you will not do anything for yourself. You are the most selfless person I?ve ever met.?

?Jedi are taught to be selfless,? he replied stiffly, trying to draw his eyes away from her soft lips.

?That is why my father loves you, Nyilat,? a searchlight shone on her face through a crack in the wall. ?He respects your Jedi Code. He wishes that you teach it to us.?

?I cannot teach what I do not follow,? he murmured, his hand floating up to trace the contours of her cheek.

?But you [i]do[/i] follow your Code, Nyilat,? she replied, her unsure hand cupping his against her soft skin.

?I betrayed the Code,? Obi-Wan abruptly turned away to the wall, breaking their brief connection. Ki-Na stood back up, feeling the shyness that she?d felt when she first entered take over her again.

?I shall leave the food tray here,? she smoothed back her long locks. ?Perhaps you will eat it in the night.?

He made no indication that he heard, so she turned hastily and walked away. For some unexplainable reason, Obi-Wan felt more alone than ever.

21. Just_Jill

Jul 17, 2002
    So, Dune rears it's head again. I'd forgotten that (if I ever knew it) until I saw the movie - but frankly, I had to stop half way through Children of Dune the first time I read it. I just couldn't read it. Bored me to tears, I think. I'm going to try again.

This is very cool. I can't wait to see what you do with it!

Just Jill

22. lordmaul13

Oct 18, 2000
    Love the Dune reference. Dune ranks right up there with Star Wars and The Lord of the Rings as far as I'm concerned.

Poor Obi-Wan. :( Hurry up and rescue him Qui-Gon!

Bored me to tears

I know what you mean Jill. Children of Dune was my least favorite of the whole series. Edit: the original series that is.

lordmaul13

23. Red_Jedi_Knight

May 7, 2002
    ohhhh why isn't qui there yet... he needs to find obi... or obi needs a hug *hugs obi tightly and carefully*

24. freak-pudding

Dec 29, 2002
    up

MWAHAHAHA! Post 711! Get it? 7-11? MWAHAHAHAHAHA!!

25. lordmaul13

Oct 18, 2000
    MWAHAHAHA! Post 711! Get it? 7-11? MWAHAHAHAHAHA!!

You're disturbed. :p

lordmaul13

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.