main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Before - Legends Master, I'm at it Again (Obi/Qui humor vignette)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Aunecah_Skywalker, Mar 19, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Aunecah_Skywalker

Aunecah_Skywalker Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 25, 2002
    I just started typing, and this story just flew out of my hands. I hope it's okay.

Aunecah

--------------------

"Listen, Qui-Gon, you can hear their voices from here too."

Qui-Gon couldn't believe what he was seeing. Tahl, a reputatedly kind Jedi healer and a rather lovable Jedi Master, sitting on her feet near the door adjoining their room in the hotel to another room, eavesdropping on things that were best left un-eavesdropped. He could, however, hear the mingled cries from the other side of the door, and he suddenly wished he had never let Tahl drag him into a hotel that was meant for everybody but was used mostly as a collection of honeymoon suites.

"Tahl," he started quietly. "I really don't think - "

"I think whoever is in there is Jedi," Tahl whispered in a childlike voice. "I can feel their presences."

Frowning, Qui-Gon stretched out with the Force. Even though the presences were masked infinitely by the empowering emotions that their owners were feeling, they most definitely belonged to Jedi. Curiousity finally overcoming his Jedi restraint, he joined Tahl at the door and listened along with her.

"Maybe it's Mace," Tahl whispered after around a minute.

"Unlikely. The only person he is ever likely to do - that - with is Adi, and she's currently on a mission somewhere in the galaxy that definitely is NOT here."

Tahl raised an eyebrow at him. "I guess you're right." She turned back to the door. "How about it's Obi-Wan?"

"How about it's not?" Feeling her eyes on him again, Qui-Gon looked at her sternly. "I haven't run halfway across the galaxy to realize that I'm in the same building as my apprentice."

"You're just worried that he'll never let you live it down if he found out that we were both in the same room, in a suite reputabaly reserved for newly-weds." Tahl's voice had that irritating knowing look on her face again.

"No, I'm worried that he's going to keep annoying the Dark Side out of me until I tell him the chemistry between men and women," Qui-Gon yawned.

"He's young, he doesn't know anything, and all his friends do. Of course he's going to be curious."

"If that's him in the room, then consider him officially the one with the Force as soon as I find out."

"Aw, come on, Qui-Gon. He's twenty. What's the problem as long as he doesn't end up making that lucky girl pregnant?"

"What if he's the 'Jedi restraint be damned, I'm going to think about the problems as they come in' kind of guy?" said Qui-Gon.

Tahl opened her mouth to answer, but she stopped when a male voice spoke from the other side of the door.

"Master's going to kill me." The voice belonged - unmistakably - to Obi-Wan.

"What the SITH???" Qui-Gon thundered. He had bolted out the door in a Force-enhanced speed before Tahl could as much as blinked. Worried, Tahl quickly sprinted after him. By the time she was out the door, she saw Qui-Gon pounding furiously on the door leading to the room in which Obi-Wan was in, doing what he wasn't supposed to be doing.

He finally lost patience and used the Force to open it inside out. Tahl and Qui-Gon entered the room and nearly collided into a figure. It was Obi-Wan, wearing nothing but a towel that he seemed to have hastily wrapped around his waist. His body was gleaming with sweat.

"Master, what are you doing here?" Obi-Wan asked in surprise.

"What am I doing here?" Qui-Gon looked utterly at loss of words. "What the HELL are you doing here?"

"I was going to go on vacation, remember?"

Tahl held onto Qui-Gon's arms gently but firmly, in case Qui-Gon was entertaining any thoughts of killing Obi-Wan right on spot.

Qui-Gon's eyes flashed. "Don't smart-mouth me!"

"What?"

"You know exactly what I mean."

Obi-Wan looked in confusion at Tahl. Then a deep blush flooded into his face as he realized that he had on nothing but his towel. "Uh, would you guys go out so that I could change?"

"Where is she?" Qui-Gon demanded as if he hadn't heard a single thing of what Obi-Wan said.

"Where is who?" Obi-Wan asked as Q

2. JediClare

JediClare Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 8, 2001
    That was absolutely insane! [face_laugh]

Modern friendships. [face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh]

3. Frostfyre

Frostfyre Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 25, 1999
    Oh dear...isn't miscommunication a howl? :D

4. Jemmiah

Jemmiah Jedi Master star 5

Mar 5, 2000
    ROFLOL!!! Priceless! :D

5. Padawan_Jess_Kenobi

Padawan_Jess_Kenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 20, 2002
    [face_laugh] You just had to do it in the 'fresher, didn't you?" Qui-Gon groaned at Obi-Wan.

"Well, yes, Master. You don't expect me to do it on a bed, do you?" asked Obi-Wan in puzzlement. Realizing that the two Masters were going nowhere, he walked over to the bed and pulled on a shirt. He sat down on the bed, staring from Qui-Gon (who had disappeared into the 'fresher) to Tahl in confusion.

*falls off seat* [face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh] That is just to hilarious! I love the miscommunication thing. And I loved what Qui and Tahl thought Obi was doing. And in THREES!! [face_plain] :) :D [face_laugh] [face_laugh_hysterically]

6. Valiowk

Valiowk Chosen One star 6

Apr 23, 2000
    :D Absolutely love this story! It's hilarious how Qui-Gon and Tahl were led on a sort of wild goose chase!

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  7. Phoenix_Reborn

Phoenix_Reborn Jedi Master star 4

Feb 23, 2003
    It's so funny how Obi just sort of stung them along...

8. Lady_Kandriya

Lady_Kandriya Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 17, 2002
    ROTLOL! [face_laugh] Cute!

9. MYSTIC_KNIGHT

MYSTIC_KNIGHT Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 19, 2002
    hehehe. It´s so funny. [face_laugh] LOL!

10. SHADOW13

SHADOW13 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 20, 2003
    LOL, nice twist at the end

11. PaddyJuan

PaddyJuan Jedi Master star 4

Nov 15, 2002
    ritplmfbo

this it too funny

glad to know that someone has found a good home for the little radioactive rabid plot bunnies

12. Arwen-Jade_Kenobi

Arwen-Jade_Kenobi Jedi Knight star 5

Feb 9, 2002
    OMG!!!

*dies laughing*

That was classic, just the Qui himself was hilarious!!! Brilliant!!

13. Aunecah_Skywalker

Mar 25, 2002
    Thank you all for reading guys. I adore you for taking the time to give me feedback. :D

Aunecah

14. Womprat_Queen

Womprat_Queen Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 5, 2002
    Excuse me while I pass out laughing.

15. female_obi_wan

female_obi_wan Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 1, 2002
  16. Enji

Enji Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 14, 2002
    LOL! That was hilarious! [face_laugh]

My, Qui-Gon was really jumping to conclusions there... :D

17. Lieutenant_Page

Lieutenant_Page Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 17, 2001
    "Very modern friendship,"

[face_laugh]

"I thought you said I'll be cleaning Master Yoda's toilet bowl with my toothbrush the rest of my life if I ever uttered that 's' word in front of you before I was twenty-five."

[face_laugh] [face_laugh]

Oh, that was fantastic!

18. Master_Ari

Master_Ari Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 30, 2002
    That was hallarious. I love it.

19. Aunecah_Skywalker

Mar 25, 2002
    Wow, this story really is getting feedback! Thanks again to all of those who read it. I live and thrive on feedback. :D

Note: Just so you know, a friend of mine read this story and saw some similarities between a movie that she had apparently seen. (Fortunately, I did NOT know the language.) So, just to iterate it - I haven't been plagairising any works, all elements of this 'fic are purely fictional and any similarities are completely co-incidental.

Thank you

Aunecah

20. Agent_Jaid

Agent_Jaid Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 21, 2003
    Can't post....... Can't breath.............. This is great................. Funniest thing in a long while............. [face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh]

21. LuvEwan

LuvEwan Jedi Master star 4

Mar 24, 2002
    oh...my...gosh! [face_laugh]

That was hilarious! [face_laugh]

Wonderful job, Aunecah.

22. dianethx

dianethx Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 1, 2002
    This was absolutely hilarious. Well done Aunecah.
    Loved the You don't expect me to do it on a bed, do you?" - had me snickering for quite a while!!!

As for similarities with this and a movie, happens all the time. You know what they say - great minds think alike. Besides, perceptions can be wrong and often are.

Just keep giving us great stories...please.

23. Trickster_Jaina_Fel

Trickster_Jaina_Fel Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 3, 2002
    [face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh] HYSTERICAL!

i read that twice -- once to myself and the second time to my sister (who also thought it hilarious) who finally came over to ask me why i was laughing so hard :p

~TJF

24. Nikita

Nikita Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 14, 2001
    Good lord that was frikin hilarious! Loved it! Great way to end the day!

25. Agent_Jaid

Agent_Jaid Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 21, 2003
    Same here Goddess TJF.

Luky came over and asked me to read something funny to him.

He loved it!!!

Well done Goddess Skywalker!!!!!!!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.