main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Before - Legends "On Angels' Wings"THAT'S ALL FOLKS!!* "A DESTINY TOO STRONG TO BE DENIED!!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by ewen, Mar 22, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ewen

ewen Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 11, 2001
    italics=mind speech or thought.
    ##############

Time: EARLY JA
    Characters[secondary]: Owen, Mace, Yoda, Mr. and Mrs. Lars

Main characters: Qui/ Obi [later]

##################

"About like old times isn?t it Mace? You, me, and Yoda on a mission. A lot of years have passed since we have been together.?

?Yes well I am afraid I would be a little rusty on a *real* mission. Master Yoda, well he is what you see. His fighting abilities, I think have not been really proven to us. I think he keeps a great deal of his power and knowledge to himself.?

?Well he certainly gets in our business enough. He thinks he is the wisest of the wise in the Jedi order."

?Well isn?t he??

A hearty laugh came from the overly tall master. He liked this time spent with his two best friends, Yoda and Mace. The mission its self was far from being a deadly one, just necessary. No worries for Master Jinn or his comrades.

Just then Qui-Gon looked up to see his apprentice, sixteen-year old Owen Lars walk from the back of the ship. There was a look of disappointment and also astonishment on his face.

?I tell you Master Yoda must be good at everything. Even a little game of cards and he takes it as if he is battling a *Hutt*.?

Mace and Jinn looked at each other and burst out laughing.

?Well tell your master and I, who won the majority of the games??

Owen rolled his eyes. He was not a bit amused at Yoda?s enhanced abilities at everything.

?He did of course. I think I would have been beaten with his gimer stick if he lost one.?

?Are you saying he cheats, the great Yoda??

?Of course not. I want to keep my knee caps from being crushed with that *sith* stick of his."

?Mouth padawan, watch it. Extra meditations could be in *your* cards for you if not.?

Padawan Lars hung his head. He knew his master was kidding in a way. But Master Jinn was very strict and no doubt if another unclean word came from his mouth would net him and hour or two of extra meditations for him that night.

Just then the familiar hobbled-sounding footsteps of Master Yoda could be heard as he came to front of the ship with the other three Jedi.

?Cheat I did?t.. Imply it did you Padawan??

?No Master Yoda, just making an observation on how well you played the game.?

?Good. Good maybe learn something about poker you did for not your game it is right now. I think lose your pants you would if bet them you did.?

After watching Jinn?s padawan turn three shades of red from light to almost a purple-red, everyone settled in and quietly listened to the constant almost rhythmic hum of the small transport ship?s engines.

Another few hours and Owen would land on his home planet again for what would be to make the biggest decision of his life, his future as a Jedi apprentice..

Qui-Gon sat as he watched his padawan and contemplated the possibility of losing him back to his family. He and Owen got along exceedingly well but something in Lars told Jinn the boy?s heart was not in his destiny of a Jedi Knight.

We can be given a child gifted in the force but if it is not meant to be then he won?t and shouldn't become a knight.

Lars always suffered from homesickness. It was terrible. Many nights Jinn would go to him as he suffered through a night terror concerning worry for his family. He missed his father, and in turn his father missed him.

Master Yoda had been more lenient with Owen because of his desire to be with his family. He went home more often. Now though would be different. The Jedi had never forced Owen to come back from his visits with his family. He could have stayed at any time had he wished to do so. He did not though, so as not to dishonor his master, Qui-Gon which he cared for and respected.

No, he waited until he turned sixteen and during the required trip home for all sixteen year old apprentices, he would decide with certainty if the Jedi was his destiny. There would be no shame for his master if he chose to remain home at this time; right

2. PadawanKitara

PadawanKitara Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 31, 2001
    I have a hazy notion of what she doesn't want found. She doesn't want him taken away like owen was.

Did you know that I find it extremely difficult to type the name owen. I keep wanting to type ewen...

3. ewen

ewen Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 11, 2001
    P.Kitara Thanx for the feedback and the "heads up" on the *BIG* editing mistake.

PEACE ewen

4. Lieutenant_Page

Lieutenant_Page Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 17, 2001
    That was terrific. It was a cool twist to have Owen as the Jedi Padawan!

I'm worried about Obi-Wan though :( I think Kitara is right, she doesn't want Obi-Wan taken away like Owen was.

5. Kelly Kenobi

Kelly Kenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 23, 2000
    Great beginning ewen!!! I wonder what she doesn't want to be discovered, could it be that Obi is indeed force sensitive or could it be some form of abuse her husband has been doing??? Maybe both or neither... I guess only ewen knows at this stage of the story!!!

6. jedibear30

jedibear30 Jedi Master star 1

Aug 14, 2002
    i think obi may indeed be force sensitive and she is hiding it and maybe some abuse too. looks like another good one ewen. keep it up. will be a loyal reader as always. ***
    hopes there are not too many cliffhangers in
    this one*** ***superglue lid is on tight.***
    this glue is dangerous to kitara. will keep lid on til needed. lol. night all.

7. Lazy-Bones

Lazy-Bones Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 15, 2002
    Owen as QG's apprentice! This is a first. Interesting! :) (Thumbs) up!

8. ewen

ewen Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 11, 2001
    That evening Obi-Wan was present during last-meal. Although he was sullen, he looked healthy enough as Jinn stared a few moments watching the boy?s reaction to his family?s visitors. Was his sullenness from not feeling well or something deeper thought the master. He was abruptly interrupted by Mr. Lars? comments.

?I am in a way glad this is the time chosen for Owen?s visit . There is a problem here on Galin and I would have had to come to the temple to discuss it with you Master Yoda and Master Windu. All of the council really because I am sure I would need the council?s agreement for what I ask.?

?Yoda you may. Problem on Galin there is??

Selena seemed nervous again. It was the first time Qui-Gon could remember ever seeing her uneasy around any Jedi for any reason. Today was exceptional. First she got so upset she dropped a tray now she stopped eating and with her napkin in hand continually whirled it through her delicate thin fingers as she listened to her husband.

?Delon, I don?t think you should bother the Jedi with a small problem like this.?

?Small problem?

The thundering voice resonated through the large dining room. It made Obi-Wan and Owen both flinch at the angry sound of the prime minister?s voice.

?The very safety of the people here in Galin is at risk and you call it *little*. Damn it woman you have acted strange since our Jedi guests arrived. What is wrong with you??

?Delon there is no reason to be rude or use such words in front of our guests..?

?Now you turn it on me. I am not being rude. Raids are being conducted on an almost weekly basis with increasing regularity and you call it little.?

Mace hoped to break up this little spat before it turned into a war between husband and wife.

He reached over and placed his larger dark hand over both of tiny ones to halt the nervous twisting and Selena turned to look at him.

?Let us here what the Prime Minster has to say. It can?t hurt Selena. After all we if could help you in any way I don?t think the council would deny you that help.?

P.M. Lars pounded his fist on the table with satisfaction that came with Mace?s decree of possibly helping him. It caused Obi to almost jump out of his seat.

?See Selena I told you they would help us.?

?Certainly listen to the problem we will. Transmit it to the council for approval we can also if deemed necessary. Continue you will.?

Delon Lars glanced quickly to his wife with a satisfied smirk on his face; aloof over the fact the Jedi sided with him in a way more than they did his wife who was once one of their own.

Owen?s interest piqued too. He had been watching his *little brother* until his father started with his tale.

Owen?s father launched into his story.

?There is a band of what we assume is rogue Baruba jawas or for short we call them sand rats, for lack of a better nickname. For whatever reason they were exiled from their world and have settled in the area of our moisture farm workers just outside the city. When they are short on supplies, food drink clothing anything. They rob for it, not hesitating to kill their victims even when unprovoked. My people will hand the credits and supplies willingly over to them hoping to save their lives then one or more of them are blasted down just for the sake of the sick sadistic need of the *sand rats* to witness blood shed. They seem to take their banishment gorily out on my people for it. The more blood shed, the more increased are the raids. I think that is how they plan to live; robbing, raping, and killing my people to sustain their pathetic lives.?

?Seems it does, reason for the Jedi to intercede there is. Talk to the council this night I will. If agreeable then maybe trip tomorrow to your unwanted visitors we will go. Settle this quickly we should before more are harmed.?

Lars let out a long sigh of relief. However he feared his wife?s anger too much to look at her again. She seemed to be in an unexplained highly excited state.

Obi-Wan?s mysterious come and go illness was all but forgotten. It wasn?t that Yo

9. PadawanKitara

Dec 31, 2001
    Wahhhh :_|
    jedibear took the glue away from me- now I'm going to have to use a bungee cord that I swiped from froggy.

*looks at time mark* Hey ewen what are you doing up so late?

10. Lazy-Bones

Nov 15, 2002
  11. Jedi_Suzuran

Jedi_Suzuran Jedi Knight star 5

May 22, 2002
    Ooh, great premise, ewen. :)

Poor Owen!!! :_|

12. Lazy-Bones

Nov 15, 2002
    Weeelll...where's the postie? :D

13. Lieutenant_Page

Mar 17, 2001
    Hehe..Obi-Wan doesn't just doesn't understand how cool rocks can be! :p

Poor Owen :(

14. ewen

ewen Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 11, 2001
    ############# alittle over 6 months later#############

Qui-Gon sat around his apartment trying despairingly to find something that would occupy his tormented mind. He just came back from a series of consecutive missions hoping that would have quelled the nagging hurt within him. He had watched young ones die. Not his own padawan before, but younger crèche younglings when they were attacked by some deadly virus brought in by another new young one.

However to see his *own* padawan, Owen Lars gunned down by the ?sand rats? with one blaster shot through his heart was a memory which permanently burnt its self in his mind.. Qui-Gon had not even had the time to reach the boy before he drew his last breath.

His death haunted the master endlessly. He wished he could have gotten to him so Owen would not have died alone. He also wished he would have listened to the force and not let Owen?s father talk him into taking the boy when something in the back of his mind told him not too. So many regrets to think over even if Master Yoda and Mace said nothing was his fault, it didn?t matter to him. Guilt ate away at the master like a cancer not easily cut out.

He also could not help but remember the eerie stare he got from Owen?s little cousin as he left. Qui-Gon felt he wanted to say something but the boy never broached him for a comment. During Owen?s funeral he stayed at the back of the cathedral, never once going to the coffin to see Owen one last time.

Qui-Gon seemed mesmerized by the little one that day as he watched the tears flow continually. Selena in her own world of misery couldn?t bring comfort to the boy and Delon Lars could have cared less. He had to be pulled from the grave site by his brothers when they tried to bury Owen in the family?s conventional way in their Mausoleum.

One of the worst days that Jinn had ever gone through and the one predominant thing that stuck in his mind of that day had not been anything remotely about his apprentice. It had to do with the Kenobi cousin that stood in the back of the cathedral and cried his eyes out. He could not shake the hollow-eyed tear-stained face of Obi-Wan Kenboi . It left him with some kind of feeling but it was at best vague. Jinn repeatedly tried to get the boy?s panicked blue eyes out of his mind.

He tried taking mission after mission, favoring that over the less vigorous temple life. Now, however he was going to reverse his life completely. He began thinking during the last mission that he missed the serenity of the temple and the talks with his master and other friends that could bring him a few moments peace. He did a 360 degree turn-around and asked to be grounded to the temple for the next six months.

Yoda had him pulled from the duty roster for missions immediately. Jinn would be assigned a teaching class of his choice of age group if he wanted or he could lull around the temple and seek solace.

There was also a added position on the council he could think about too. It had been offered but he wanted time to thing. At the temple, with no big obligations he would have that time to decide whether he wanted to forfeit his active life on missions for a chair on the temple council. Also passed through his mind was the option of choosing another apprentice.

Some like Mace thought he should. Others, Master Yoda in particular said he foresaw something for Qui-Gon which might include an apprentice but it did not direct Jinn to any viable candidates right now. His former master had urged him to wait.

I am not enthused with the knowledge that Master Yoda wants to control my future. Especially when he claims the control he seeks is because of one of his ever elusive visions. No, this time I decide what I want. I know I want the companionship of an apprentice, even another?s apprentice be fine and not emotionally demanding.

Master Dalia needed time to recover from a severe illness she contracted while battling the Hutts. It was estimated she needed at least six months to recover. She was to be given leave to r

15. Lieutenant_Page

Mar 17, 2001
    Oooooo Interesting! Either
    1. She wanted Qui-Gon to take Obi-Wan as his appy cause she knows he is Force-sensitive after all.

Or

2. She wants Qui-Gon to take the newborn as his padawan when the time is right..

I wonder which one it is...or perpas i't another option.

16. ewen

ewen Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 11, 2001
    LT.Page-
    "I wonder which one it is...or perhaps it's another option."

PERHAPS!!!

PEACE ewen

17. Jedi_Suzuran

Jedi_Suzuran Jedi Knight star 5

May 22, 2002
    Hmm, I'm intrigued by what Selena wanted to ask Qui-Gon. I hope we get to find out soon. :)

18. PadawanKitara

Dec 31, 2001
    I vote for answer #1

19. Lazy-Bones

Nov 15, 2002
  20. ewen

ewen Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 11, 2001
    slow,slow,slow

I had hope a few more of you would feedback, but I will wait a little longer and see if you do.

I had a nice post for ya, but seems this story is not catching on very well.

See Ya Later!!!!!!

PEACE ewen

21. Trickster_Jaina_Fel

Trickster_Jaina_Fel Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 3, 2002
    *rushes in* wow! i actually managed to find one of your fics before you'd written too much for me to catch up on! :eek: :p it seems like everytime i turn around you've started a new one...

well, i hope to have caught up on this one by the end of tonight...just thought i'd let you know that i started it and i [face_love] it already :D

~TJF

22. ewen

ewen Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 11, 2001
    Last-meal had been nothing less than pleasant and delicious. Selena culinary talents were pushed to the limits. His hunger satisfied, Qui-Gon leaned back, placed his napkin on the table, and surveyed the faces of the parents of Owen Lars.

Delon had been cordial, even seemed glad Jinn had come for the visit. The Jedi had not known how he would be greeted by the man whose world collapsed a few months back and Jinn had his hand in the reason of Mr. Lars? life-altering event, his son?s death.

?Well Selena if I knew your cooking talents had increased so I might have been back here sooner.?

Jinn knew it was lie but one needed right now, if only to make comfortable a growing nervous silence between he and his hosts.

?Master Jinn there were so many years you avoided us when Owen came home that I almost thought now that we did not share Owen?s best interests, you might just refuse my request to visit with us, even though we wanted to share such good news.?

The Prime Minster studied Jinn a moment forgiving the man before him for any part Delon might have wrongly thought Jinn had in his son?s death. Even with such a short time he came to realize Owen?s demise was the will of the force and not the fault of Jinn?s or even himself. He only hoped that when Selena asked the favor of him he would comply. They needed this man?s help to survive; for their marriage to survive.

Qui-Gon wondered why Obi-Wan had not come to last-meal. He knew the boy still lived there, he could feel his presence. At first Jinn thought that phenomena of feeling the aura of Obi-Wan a bit astounding but he attributed it to the fact that he was so closely linked to his former apprentice thus linked to those he loved.

While last-meal had been very pleasant he got a feeling of stress between Selena and Delon. It bled through the bond of his now dead padawan even though that bond bordered on being completely snuffed out like the smoldering embers of a fire?s flames just dashed with water. Jinn felt Deon Lars wanted something of him but he was not sure what. They seemed hesitant to ask and Qui-Gon decided to broach the subject first.

"Selena you said you had a favor to ask of me and you haven?t yet. I am ready to hear it and hopefully be able to do whatever it is you want.?

Delon gave his wife a distinctive questioning look.

?Selena how unlike you to procrastinate. I thought you would have spoken to Master Jinn by now about why we asked him here.?

The flushed cheeks and flustered look let Qui-Gon know Selena?s husband was not happy about her hesitancy to ask the favor.

?Go on Selena the worst I can do is refuse which I would doubt.?

She blushed more profusely with her friend?s assurance, but deep down Selena knew even if she asked for part of the favor, it would not be what she really wanted for Obi-Wan. Yes the favor did have to do with her nephew.

?You see Qui-Gon we were interested in the program the Jedi temple just activated that sometimes save homeless waifs on the street even without the force.?

?Yes we have started a new program. The children have food, housing, and proper schooling and when they reach the age of majority they are free too go on their way, hopefully more prepare and emotionally stabilized for the outside world than they would have been living a life of disparity on the street. But my question to you would be why would you need this service we have to offer??

?Master Jinn, my wife seems to have lost her courage and possibly regrets her decision but I haven?t. You see we hoped that maybe the Jedi would take one their own Jedi?s child in that program.?

Instantly it came to Jinn of who they referred, though the thought of Selena giving her twin sister?s son up would have never come to the Jedi before. He tried to hide the look of surprise from his pregnant friend for fear she would take it as some condemnation.

?I am not too familiar with the new project. I know we have four or five children who have been taken in housed and found .. What should I call them guardians to oversee th

23. Lieutenant_Page

Mar 17, 2001
    ?And you don?t want me either, do you Master Jinn?

Awwwww..that's so heartbreaking! What kinda family are they???

24. Kelly Kenobi

Kelly Kenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 23, 2000
    Dang ewen, you are doing it to me again. I can feel my heart break into a million pieces :_| :_| :_|

Poor little Obi, let hope the Qui-Gon in this story doesn't have his head to far up his backside and sees how much he is needed by this sweet little boy!!!

25. Jenny_The_Jedi_Girl

Jenny_The_Jedi_Girl Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 16, 2001
    FOR ONCE IT ISN'T QUIGON BEING THE MORON!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.