main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Before - Legends You Can Never Go Home - A Jedi Apprentice Story/AU News from R.K. August 17th

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Renton Kenobi, Mar 24, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Renton Kenobi

Renton Kenobi Jedi Master star 4

May 24, 2000
    You Can Never Go Home - JA AU
    By Renton Kenobi

Disclaimer: You know who owns Star Wars, we all do. The title comes from the Two Towers soundtrack, lyrics are by Howard Shore and Fran Walsh, no copyright infringement intended there either.

Summary: After missing for two years, a changed Obi-Wan comes back to his home. But will he be able to escape the demons that has haunted him for the past two years?

Dedication: To everyone here that puts up with me! I promise that I WILL finish this story. ^^

Author's Note: This used to be called "A Song For Obi-Wan," but I decided to redo it and call it something else.

Rating: PG-13

Two years ago...

"Master!" Jedi Apprentice Obi-Wan Kenobi yelled to his master over the blaster-fire as the two Jedi tried to make it back to their ship after a trade negotiation went terribly awry. "We can't go on like this forever!" Qui-Gon nodded, with no time to say anything they both quickened their pace to the shuttle where they planned to make their escape. They had reached the loading ramp when more Corillean militants came from the streets and surrounded the two Jedi.

Trying to asses the situation, Qui-Gon thought of their choices which he was realizing was quickly becoming slim to none. It was two against at least four-dozen, it wasn't as if they have had bad odds before but the fact that they didn't have any allies on this planet was making the odds shift away from their favor.

As the two Jedi deflected the blaster shots they reign of fire suddenly halted. Obi-Wan gave his master a weary look, what were the militants doing? Suddenly deciding it was okay for them to leave? But as soon as he asked himself that question a considerably large man came out of the crowd and addressed the two Jedi.

"I am General Den, as leader of this army I cannot allow you to leave after your betrayal of us!" The general told the two, sizing them up as he walked around the two men. "Coming to our planet, pretending to be on our side...it is the most disgusting thing I have ever seen!" Walking in front of Obi-Wan and staring at him with cold black eyes he said, "however Jedi are but just the messenger. So I am willing to make a compromise with you two, if you do me a favor."

"What's that?" Obi-Wan said.

But as soon as Obi-Wan asked that question Qui-Gon Jinn saw his entire life rip to shreds in front of him. The general pulled a blaster out of his holster and shot his apprentice point blank in the head. Qui-Gon's body was in motion before the general put back his blaster and Qui-Gon had Obi-Wan in his arms before he touched the ground.

"Send a message to your council that acts like those of yours will not go unnoticed." The General sneered at the Jedi Master holding his beloved student as one of the General's men came from behind him and knocked him out cold.

Sitting up straight in a cot, Qui-Gon Jinn felt to large hands trying to push him down. "Qui-Gon take it easy, you have a very large bump on your head." Looking for the voice Qui-Gon found that it was none other than Jedi Master Mace Windu with a look of great concern on his face.

"Where am I?"

"You're back at the Jedi Temple." Mace told him quietly as to not disturb the other patients in the healers ward. Checking Qui-Gon's head he added, "you were found literally on our doorstep unconscious with a note telling us why you were this way by the Corillean militants who did this."

"And Obi-Wan?" Qui-Gon asked, daring to hope that by some miracle his apprentice survived the ordeal. But the look on Mace Windu's face confirmed the awful news to him.

"I'm sorry friend," Mace shook his head sadly, "but there has been no sign of Padawan Kenobi. I'm afraid he is gone from us forever...

Present day...

Qui-Gon Jinn sat quietly on the sofa in his living quarters that he had once shared with his apprentice Obi-Wan Kenobi. But after the events of two years ago, Qui-Gon has found himself living the life of a reclusive Master once more. Staring blankly at the holonet, Qui-Gon couldn'

2. Obi the Kid

Obi the Kid Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 13, 2000
    What do you mean, 'shall I continue'? You'd better, or else...um...what kinda torture can I put on you to make you continue. Hmm...okay I'll have to think about it.

Yes! Must have more angst!

Obi

3. TheFallen

TheFallen Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 27, 2001
    :eek: If you don't continue THIS one, I'll have to take drastic measures. There ARE people to sic on authors who won't post. ;)

TF

4. SHADOW13

SHADOW13 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 20, 2003
    I'll kill you if you don't continue. (Well I won't really because it would go against my morals). That last bit nearly made me cry.
    I really like this

5. Padawan_Jess_Kenobi

Padawan_Jess_Kenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 20, 2002
    Shall I continue? Well, lets just take this little bit here: There were so many things that Qui-Gon thought he would do differently if he was given the chance. So many things he would have said to his apprentice, would have taught his apprentice. Shown more open emotion to his student, he had loved Obi-Wan as a son but Qui-Gon couldn't remember a time that he had told Obi-Wan that. Did Obi-Wan die thinking that his Master didn't love him? Did he know how much he meant to him?

Angry at himself for being so emotional he turned off the data pad quickly and the chronometer on the table beeped midnight. Qui-Gon whispered softly to himself, "happy birthday Obi-Wan."

Now, shall you coninue? How about you SHALL continue, unless I will sic my rabid plot bunnies on you. [face_devil] This is awesome so far, really great! I love it, although it is *very* sad. Please post soon! :D

6. sheleigh

sheleigh Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 31, 2002
    Renton? Honestly, should you continue.... DUH. Yes!

Fantastic start there, now where is the rest of it?? And what happened to Obi-Wan?

Oh, the suspense...

7. Renton Kenobi

May 24, 2000
    The scene of his apprentice's death had haunted Qui-Gon's dreams since that fateful day two years ago. He had gone to several mind healers, trying to find a way to not necessarily forget the events but rather be able to control those memories enough to continue to live a somewhat "normal" life. The council had pulled him off active duty until further notice because Qui-Gon had not been able to move on from that night. Walking into the kitchen he began to wash dishes to keep his mind off of what it usually thought about on this day. As he washed the dishes under scathing hot water Qui-Gon realized that he had never tried to find closure from his padawan's death. Sure he has mourned for his apprentice but the act of actually moving on he never actually attempted.

He knew the only way to find closure was to go back to the planet that it occurred. The council several times had tried to retrieve his body but those responsible did not reply; there had even been rumors that the group had been destroyed by Corillean government but Qui-Gon knew that was a lie. Out of the corner of his eye he saw the door of his former apprentice's bedroom which had not been opened since the morning that they had set off on that fateful mission. Call it whatever you want, Qui-Gon didn't have the heart to pack away all the memories he had of Obi-Wan. It felt like if he did that, that Obi-Wan would be gone forever and that wasn't something Qui-Gon wanted to even think about.

Anen Li found herself in the middle of a dirty run-down town, standing in the middle of the street as villagers passed her by with sullen expressions that put the padawan on edge. Walking down the street she could see a shadowed figure at the end of the dusty road. As she approached it, Anen could feel her heart pounding in her chest so hard that she thought that it was going to burst out of her chest. The figure motioned for her to follow it into an alleyway.

Turning into the alleyway Anen was brought to three guys brutally beating a frail, almost pathetic looking fourth one that was curled up on the ground. But for some reason the man on floor sensed Anen's presence and looked up to her.

Anen's blood ran cold.

For two years, two very long years it was the same pair of eyes that haunted her dreams.

It was Obi-Wan.

But it wasn't Obi-Wan as she remembered him. Unbelievably thin, shaven head with a large scar that went from his right temple and across the back of his head. Immediatley she ran for him as the brutal beatings continued, when Anen ran to him though it was as if an invisible force-shield prohibited her from getting to him. Pounding against the shield she screamed trying to get to him and trying to stop the men from hurting him.

Then one of the men pulled out a blaster and aimed it right at Obi-Wan's heart.

"NO!" Anen screamed trying to reach for something, ANYTHING that could stop the man from completing what he set out to do. But it was too late and Obi-Wan fell to the ground and the other men took off. Finally being able to break through the shield that had bound her she gathered Obi-Wan up into her arms. He felt so real to her, so real, as if she was actually holding him.

"Anen..." Obi-Wan whispered, touching her cheek with a trembling hand. Anen took his hand and pressed her lips into his palm and pressed it again to her cheek tightly, as if to tell him that she was actually there. Holding him closer to her body Anen rocked him gently, stroking his head. Feeling him begin to slip away Anen felt her heart rip into shreds, she didn't realize that she had parts to be broken again. Putting his arm around her neck he reached her ear he whispered two words. "Find me."

"Where are you Obi-Wan?" Anen asked him as his arm slipped off her shoulder and he fell back into her arms. "Obi! Where are you! You have to tell me where you are! Please!" Her crystal green eyes welted up with tears and she held him close to her. "Please..."

"Anen..."

"Anen..."

Anen sat straight up in bed and felt someone wrap her arms around he

8. TheFallen

TheFallen Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 27, 2001
    Wow. You're right. That was one hell of a post, Renton.

* Wanders off in a haze to wait for more *

TF

9. Siri_Kuimini

Siri_Kuimini Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 6, 2003
    Gah!

Just when it gets REALLY good, it stops....please more!

10. Obi the Kid

Obi the Kid Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 13, 2000
    Wow! Talk about drama! 2 posts and I'm hooked!

Obi

11. Renton Kenobi

May 24, 2000
    I try Obi I really do

12. masterobiwankenobi

masterobiwankenobi Jedi Master star 1

Mar 1, 2003
    I really like this so far, you must hurry up and post more. I can't wait. ;) :D

MOK

13. Renton Kenobi

May 24, 2000
    I will get a post up tomorow. :) My laptop that has my story doesn't have internet today. (I'm on by bro's computer)

Cheers,

Renton Kenobi

14. lou146

lou146 Jedi Youngling

Mar 17, 2003
    that was really good
    im gonna wait patiently for the next post like a good girl
    (starts playing with hair)

15. Renton Kenobi

May 24, 2000
    *Rises from the grave*

Hello Everyone!

I'm so incredibly sorry that I haven't been posting any updates on my stories. But Darth Real Life bit me in the butt the last couple of months so I have had to leave my fanfics on the back burner. But I was wondering if anyone was interested in me continuing this? Or should I just move on?

Cheers,

Renton Kenobi

16. KenobisGirl

KenobisGirl Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 10, 2001
    Post! Post!!! This is great, and you must continue! :D

17. PatttyB0123

PatttyB0123 Former RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 2, 2003
    Hey, Hey I did not about this story. so short for now. Good begining. Yes I had heard that some readers are sick when writers stop posting.

Please post....

18. BuT_theGoat_toldme2

BuT_theGoat_toldme2 Jedi Youngling

Aug 8, 2003
    dude, dude, dude...cool story, please continue, and here's an up. UP!

19. KSkywalker

KSkywalker Jedi Grand Master star 3

Aug 7, 1998
    Yes! Please continue! It looks very promising!! :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.