main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga The Lines of Time- UPDATED 4/9

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Sara_Kenobi, Mar 29, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sara_Kenobi

Sara_Kenobi Jedi Grand Master star 7

Sep 21, 2000
    Title: The Lines of Time
    Summary: This is set just after the events in TPM. What if Qui-Gon
    lived, and Amidala was assumed dead in the attack on Naboo?
    Date started: 11/08/01
    Date reposted:03/29/03
    Date continued:

Introduction: This is a story that I started two years ago and never finished. This is going to be a rather dark story. Very different then what I've ever written before. I hope you all enjoy it! :)

_____
    ~*~

"Master, I know you want me to accept the knighthood!" Obi-Wan Kenobi
    said to his master in the darkness of the funeral ceremony for that of Queen
    Amidala of the Naboo.

The fourteen-year-old Queen that was assumed dead after the Jedi had
    their now famous duel with the sith attacker that had been stalking the
    young Queen since they found the young Jedi potential Skywalker on
    Tatooine.

Obi-Wan still had great regret over giving the boy the Midi-count test. If he
    hadn't, he himself would still have a master that wanted him.

"It's not that I want to rid myself of you, Obi-Wan. Not at all." Qui-Gon
    protested in the darkness of the room. He could feel Yoda's eyes on him, as
    he watched the Naboo official continue his tribute to the people of Theed's
    likely dead Queen. All in the grand hall listened with tears in their eyes, as
    they tried understand what happened to their Queen who was way to
    young to die.

Anakin, who stood between the two knights, looked up at the two men that
    towered over him with a great sadness in his heart. He had just lost the girl
    that he was supposed to marry one day. Now he was coming between two
    great Jedi that did everything and anything to help him.

Her team had been shot at, and her handmaiden Rabe had been killed before her
    very eyes. Feeling helpless, and enraged all at once, Padme had fired back with all
    her might at the droid army using her fallen friend's blaster.

Before they had escaped to the upper level, Captain Panaka had died while
    shielding his Queen while she climbed out the giant sized window to join the others
    in escape. Sabe had attached her to her blaster belt extension while she had
    screamed in terror as Panaka's blood splattered on the window.

Before she had known it, Panaka was gone in every sense of the word, and she
    was again running for her own life in a place she had called home.

Padme hadn't the chance to see if her family had lived through the invasion. If she
    never got free of this prison the Sith had placed her in, she suspected she would
    never see her family again.

Like the brave leader she was, Padme longed for her captor to show himself to her
    again so she could prove how wrong he was to think she was just a helpless child
    of fourteen that was going to sit back and wait.

The room grew colder and the darkness took

2. Sara_Kenobi

Sep 21, 2000

"This mission has only begun. Go, you must, Qui-Gon, Obi-Wan!"

The two Knight's studied the little face of Master Yoda. He was serious. They had
    just returned from Naboo, only to have to go back, again.

"There hasn't been any official statement from Naboo even saying that the Queen
    is missing, my master. With all due respect, I feel it is best that I remain here with
    Padawan Skywalker!" Qui-Gon Jinn said. He knew it wasn't said yet of Anakin's
    fate, but he felt it in his soul that this child was indeed the chosen one. With that
    power in his grasp, the boy was going to need all the guidance in the galaxy. So
    he did need a master. Now that Obi-Wan was offered his Knightship, that left
    himself alone, and without a student to train.

" Bold you are Qui-Gon! Of Skywalker's fate, I have not said!"

Obi-Wan smiled. It was amusing to see his master and Yoda banter on like this.
    Obi-Wan was just happy that for once it didn't involve him what so ever.

"Surely, he will be trained?"

Don't press Master...

Qui-Gon shot Obi-Wan a look that said back off, then turned his attention back to
    the little master before them. Their voices carried off the walls of the Jedi Council
    chamber, as it was only the three of them.

After a scowl, Yoda finally gave in and knodded. "Trained, Skywalker will be!"

"I will be ready then after this mission to train him, my master!" Qui-Gon said, not
    being able to hide the pleased grin from his handsome face.

"Train him, you will not!"

"But master..."

"Go." Yoda snapped sharply, making Qui-Gon wince. Obi-Wan looked briefly
    startled, but stayed out of the dispute. He agreed with Yoda on this entirely. The
    boy was dangerous. Obi-Wan thought the boy seemed kind, but there was great
    uncertainty in his future. Darkness was the one thing that was clear. Qui-Gon
    already endured that once before. He did not need to lose another Padawan.

"But leave here you do not!"

Obi-Wan and Qui-Gon exchanged confused looks again.

"We don't understand master?"Obi-Wan said.

"On this world, the Queen is! Felt her I have. Find her you must! Now go!"

Obi-Wan turned to leave, believing all was said and done.

Qui-Gon however wasn't finished of course.

"More to say you have, Qui-Gon?"

"Yes, master! What will become of Skywalker?"

"Not your concern, Qui-Gon Jinn. Now go!"

"Yes master!" Qui-Gon said with a sigh, and followed Obi-Wan from the chamber.

"The Queen cannot remain here for long. The Jedi will sense her!" Maul protested
    to his master, who was gazing out at the view of the planet wide city from the
    safety of his private taris from his chambers.

"you do not see the big picture!"

Maul watched the figure before him curiously.

"I do not see your meaning my master. The Queen is only a mere girl. What harm
    can she be?"

"A girl she is, but a powerful one. She has much more say with the Imperial senate
    than I first thought. Gaining my position now, was not an e

3. Sara_Kenobi

Sep 21, 2000

"I have a bad feeling about this master. Going after the Sith again is only asking
    for trouble." Obi-Wan protested lightly, as Qui-Gon and he made the rest of the
    way to their shared suite in the Jedi Temple to ready their last few things for their
    journey to save the Queen.

They'd most likely have to shield themselves as they enter the Palace. Wearing
    different garb than Jedi clothes might not be a bad idea as well, in case they
    unshield themselves while inside, or something else unforeseen goes wrong.

"You are not afraid, are you Obi-Wan?" Qui-Gon teased.

"That is not it master. The last we faced this_creature_, you nearly died!"

"You could have as well, Obi-Wan!"

"But master?"

Qui-Gon stopped walking when they were a corridor away from their rooms.
    "Obi-Wan, please lets end this conversation now! Yes, I nearly died. But that is
    the life of the Jedi. It is filled with risk, and_unexpected adventures."

"Adventure? You call nearly getting cut down by a double blade lightsaber an
    adventure?" Obi-Wan exclaimed.

"Obi-Wan, please just let this matter go! I don't want to frighten the boy!" Qui-Gon
    then continued his way down the corridor.

That's what his concern was about.

Not that his longtime student, and friend, nearly lost his master after a lifetime
    together. No.

It was all for the boy now.

Obi-Wan sighed furiously.

That boy was getting to be more and more trouble all the time.

Obi-Wan sighed once more, then followed after Qui-Gon. Hoping that his master
    had some idea of what they were getting themselves into this time around.

"Master, sir. you've returned." Anakin said pleased, as the two Jedi joined him in
    the Jedi's suite.

"We do live here Anakin!" Obi-Wan said harshly, as he shruged off his heavy brown
    robe.

Anakin looked down, embarrassed. He hadn't meant to upset the Knight.

"I'm sorry, Knight Obi-Wan, sir!" Anakin said quietly, suddenly longing for home and
    his mother.

Obi-Wan only scoffed, then stalked into his bed chamber.

Anakin looked up at Qui-Gon with innocent blue eyes.

"What did I do wrong, master Qui-Gon?"

Qui-Gon smiled that fatherly smile that Anakin loved so much. " you did nothing
    wrong Anakin. Jedi just have frustrations they must deal with sometimes, the same
    as everyone else. Pay it no mind."

"all right, sir!" Anakin smiled.

"Now, care to help an old Jedi pack?"

Anakin stood up from the sofa.

"Where you going?" Anakin asked, as he went after the Jedi master into the back
    area of the suite.

"Some place you are not."

"Who's gonna look after me then?" Anakin asked, sounding sad. He did not want to
    be separated from the Jedi.

"Yoda."

"Oh." Was all Anakin said.

"I must say that Anakin seemed not pleased with the idea of Yoda babysitting him
    while were away." Obi-Wan muttered dryly.

4. Sara_Kenobi

Sep 21, 2000
    The Capture of the Queen

"The Jedi have arrived. Take the Queen to my ship!" Palpatine told his aide Veriek.
    The young man was not a sith, but hoped to be someday. He studied under
    Palpatine to learn all he could, though the only one that had the honor of being
    called his apprentice was Maul. Only two there are, Palpatine had said once.

"Yes, my lord." Veriek bowed, his dark black robes flowing with him as he walked.

"What is it I will do, my master?" Maul asked, stepping forward.

"Patience, Maul! You will ready to confront them!"

"Yes, my master!" Maul bowed then turned to leave.

"But do defeat them this time?" Palpatine added with a sarcastic tone of voice.

Maul looked back to him sharply.

"They will come to me!" He said.

Palpatine knodded.

"They will come!" He agreed. Still knowing that Maul's greatest task still laid ahead.

master

Qui-Gon looked back at Obi-Wan who hanged from the ledge long enough to see his
    Padawan use the force to fly back up to his feet, and follow after him.

By the time that Obi-Wan managed to get back up and after him though, Qui-Gon
    was long down the corridor with Maul in a furious duel.

Knight Kenobi??

Obi-Wan stopped dead midst a force run, and turned to see who would dare to follow
    after them all the way through the power generator. The young Queen of naboo
    was chasing after him down the corridor.

your highness, it's not safe! You must go back!

It's not safe back there either. most of my people have died. The Viceroy has been
    taken, and the fighting has stopped, say for the droids running through the palace. I
    came to see if I could help!

Obi-Wan was again going to say for her to go back, when a cry from down the
    corridor stopped him.

Help indeed your highness! The Knight hissed.

5. Sara_Kenobi

Sep 21, 2000
    Date of Post: 03/29/03

"My Master has plans for you!"

Queen Amidala awakened to the sound of the most chilling voice she had ever heard. It was again her captor, and he had come to taunt her. She would fight not to show her fear to him. Amidala was far to proud to allow it.

"Just who is your Master?" Amidala countered.

The Dark Lord smiled and replied, "The one who is going to kill you. He knows that you're a threat to him. My Master wishes to end that threat before it has even begun."

"What do you mean?"

Amidala cursed herself as even she could no longer mask the fear in her voice. She felt the cold pierce her chest as she knew what the Dark Lord said was true.

Amidala didn't know how she knew it but she did. It was like when she was a little girl and she just knew when her sisters or brothers were lying to her. Her mother said she had been blessed with the gift. Her grandmother had been the same.

It had been trained as a deadly tool for her studies and years in politics. More then once it had saved her.

Amidala could only prey that it would save her again now.

"You will die, your highness," Maul sneered. "It's only a matter of time now."

"I'm not afraid to die," Amidala exclaimed.

"You will be," Maul promised. "They're all afraid in the end."

Amidala closed her eyes, and tried to block out the nightmare of the events that had lead her here.

If only she had listened to the Jedi.

"If only she had listened to me," Obi-Wan Kenobi quipped darkly. "The Queen wouldn't be here now. She would be on Naboo where she belongs."

Qui-Gon Jinn smiled, "Amidala believed she had been doing right. You said she wanted to help you save me. If she never acted on her impulse to save me, Obi-Wan," Qui-Gon chimed softly. "I wouldn't be here likely today."

"So you think I couldn't have saved you without help?" Obi-Wan demanded.

"My Padawa--Obi-Wan, you could have died too," Qui-Gon gentally reminded him. "Lets be thankful that we're both here to help out the Naboo Queen now, hmm?"

"So you're saying yes," Obi-Wan accused.

Qui-Gon laughed, "Let us be going. Focus on the here and now."

"Yes, Master," Obi-Wan grumbled.

They would continue this later. Obi-Wan vowed.

The young Knight then followed his Master down the next Corridor.

TBC

6. Sara_Kenobi

Sep 21, 2000
    I'll continue this soon. :)

7. VadeyFan2002

VadeyFan2002 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 30, 2002
    One question, why is it Imperial City and Imperial Palace? What happened to the republic?
    Ok, that were two, but with the same meaning.

Vadey

8. Sara_Kenobi

Sep 21, 2000
    I started this story 2 years ago before reading most of the novels. I based this really only what's seen in TPM and the OT screenplays. So there is the Republic it just hasn't really been mentioned yet. I've used Imperial city as a mention so you know where they are. Imperial City is the capital of Coruscant. I hope that helps.

Palpatine is Sidious in this story. This story is kind of what he's doing inbehind the scenes of being Senator Palpatine. So this is a Sidious based story from that angle.

I hope it makes better sense as I go on. I have alot of ideas for this again. :)

Please let me know if you have any more questions.

9. Sara_Kenobi

Sep 21, 2000
    The next post should be posted by Monday morning. :D

10. Ty-gon Jinn

Ty-gon Jinn Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 12, 2000
    Hmmm... nice plot twist to start the AU! This could be very interesting...

Good posts, Sara_Kenobi!!

11. ForbiddenAngel

ForbiddenAngel Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 2, 2002
    Wow awesome story! Hopefully there is a new post soon!

12. Sara_Kenobi

Sep 21, 2000

Senator Palpatine was a man in a hurry. He could be seen tossing items from his desk into the small travel packages, that were layed carefully about the white colored room, that served as his Office in the Senate Building.

The quiet of the room was siezed upon the sound of the exit doors slowly opening. Palpatine cursed under his breath for not locking himself inside.

Especially given who his visitor currently was.

"Master Dooku, this is a suprise," Palpatine smiled. "I was not expecting visitors."

"I was sent on behalf of the Council," Dooku stated firmly. "There is some concern still about the state of Naboo and the Trade Federation. I trust they've left your borders?"

"Why of course," Palpatine beamed brightly. "Queen Amidala and the Jedi have ensured that forever."

"Good," Dooku smiled.

The old Jedi then took notice of what Palpatine was doing for the first time.

"Surely you're not leaving Coruscant, Senator?" Dooku questioned darkly. "Not with the Queen still missing?"

"My people and I have great faith in the Jedi, Master Jedi Dooku," Palpatine defended himself. "As did our Queen. I'm certain that Master Jinn, and his Padawan, will find our dear Lady, soon."

"I have grave matters that need my attention on Naboo," Palpatine continued. "With her Highness not there, that leaves only the Governors and myself to run the show."

"Of course," Dooku knodded. "Forgive me."

"I will take my leave of you then," Palpatine smiled. "Good day to you, Master Dooku."

"And you," Dooku bowed.

Palpatine quickly gathered his things together and made way for the exit.

"Fools," Palpatine muttered under his breath.

The Senator then continued his way down the vast corridor, alone.

TBC

13. Sara_Kenobi

Sep 21, 2000
    Obi-Wan ducked down upon nearing the corridor where Qui-Gon Jinn suspected housed the Sith that had taken Queen Amidala during the battle of Naboo.

"I said be careful, not stay low."

Obi-Wan blushed and stood up quickly. "Sorry Master. It's just this is the last place I suspected to find anyone. Imperial Palace of all places. The House of the Republic Government. Someone would have seen her be brought inside here. They'd have too."

"Not necessarily, Obi-Wan," Qui-Gon chimed. "There would have been many ways to get the Queen inside here, without being seen. She may be dressed still in her handmaiden clothes. No one would think her to be the Queen then."

"I just hope we get her out of this, Master," Obi-Wan replied softly, as they stood infront of the door they guessed to be the Sith's chamber. "I feel that if I had ensured her safety, before I acted to save you, she wouldn't be in this mess now."

"There is no time for concern, Obi-Wan," Qui-Gon said, before activating his lightsaber. Obi-Wan did the same in one quick motion of the wrist. "Now!"

The Master and the former student bursted into the room, and gasped in shock at the sight that awaited them.

A young girl lay in the center of the room. It was obvious that she had been dead for several hours.

"We're too late." Obi-Wan whispered. "And it's all my fault."

14. Sara_Kenobi

Sep 21, 2000
    "That's not her, Obi-Wan," Qui-Gon answered softly.

The old Knight then walked into the room and stood above the body. After a quick study Qui-Gon knew where the girl had come from.

"She is a Nubian however," Qui-Gon continued. "We were made to think she was Amidala though. That alone states that she is still alive."

"But for how much longer?" Obi-Wan asked. "It's not likely they'll allow her to live in captivity forever. It would be too much a risk."

"I no longer sense her here," Qui-Gon said, ignoring Obi-Wan in a way. "I believe she has been moved."

"That quickly, Master?" Obi-Wan asked. "I think she is still here. Master Yoda was firm that we would only discover her here."

"It is possible that the Sith is blocking her from us now," Qui-Gon stated. "It's odd they would only do that at this point. After we already know she's here. I greatly fear something has happened to her."

"I fear it as well, Master." Obi-Wan announced softly.

"Sleep, Skywalker," Yoda urged the boy, who was now awake and standing in the center of Yoda's Suite in the Jedi Temple, staring out the window at the star above.

It was late into the evening now, and rest was the call of the hour in the Temple.

"I'm sorry, Master Yoda," Anakin sighed deeply. "But I-I'm afraid to sleep."

"Nightmare you have, hmm?"

"Yes."

"About Qui-Gon, it was?"

"How did you know about that?" Anakin demanded.

He had only confessed that to Obi-Wan on the return trip from Naboo. He had ment for NO ONE else to know that.

Anakin had really believed he could trust the young Jedi. That was obviously wrong.

"Tell me, Obi-Wan did," Yoda confirmed firmly. "Only out of concern and worry for you, he did. Forgive him, you must. Trust that dreams don't mean everything, you must."

"I thought you said Jedi have visions, not dreams," Anakin accused.

It had been a first lesson in the Younglings Class.

"Said that, I did," Yoda replied. "Said anything against it, I have not."

"I'm sorry," Anakin replied, softly. The anger in his tone had drained away quickly. "Actually I was dreaming about Queen Amidala. I'm-afraid for her."

Yoda's ears perked up at that name. The Nubian girl was linked strongly to the Force, and this young boy. The future was always uncertain, but Yoda knew that the future would bring those two together once more. Bonded strongly in the Force together. Even only after one meeting.

Yoda didn't know what that all ment yet. But he could feel their connection was of great importance. Yoda only feared now that connection could become the undoing of this young boy.

"Fear for your friend, you should not," Yoda exclaimed. It was near a plea. "Trust that Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan, will save her from the evil, that has it's hold."

"I will try, Sir," Anakin promised softly.

"No," Yoda urged strongly. "Do, or do not. There is no try."

"Try is all I can give." Anakin said.

TBC

15. Sara_Kenobi

Sep 21, 2000
    The next post should be ready by tomorrow. :)

16. ForbiddenAngel

ForbiddenAngel Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 2, 2002
    Wow those were some great posts! The sith's strategies are interesting! Keep it up!

17. Kettch_the_Jedi

Kettch_the_Jedi Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 22, 2002
    I want to read this; don't have time; am bookmarking it. :)

18. Sara_Kenobi

Sep 21, 2000
    "We could have alot together, Amidala."

The cold voice awakened the Queen from a dead sleep. She had been asleep since the Sith Lord had injected her with drugs that twisted her thoughts, and made her believe her nightmares were real.

The new voice was just as evil.

It echoed into time itself through out the Chamber.

"Who are you?"

It was all she could think of to say. The fear had returned, and was threatening to kill her very soul, at the sight of this Dark stranger in her cell.

He was dangerous and wanted something from her.

Something she would not give of her own will.

Ever.

"My name is Sifo-Dyas."

Amidala gasped as she finally could see the man's attire. He was dressed as a Jedi Knight.

"You're a Member of the Jedi Order and you allowed that thing.." Padme began to rage hotly.

"It was for the greater good, my Lady." Sifo-Dyas smiled. "You have potential to use the Force. Did you know that?"

The questioned caught Amidala off guard.

Flashes of brief memories of a sweet old woman that had adored her, and told her that what ever she decided to do, was all right with her.

At the age of two years old, Amidala had been discovered by her Grandmother's old Padawan, Aras Narddig, who was a Alderaanian Male by birth.

Padme's Parents had left the choice up to their young Daughter.

She could stay and study Politics, or some other Trade.

Or she could become a Jedi like her Grandmother.

The two year old had chosen the path of her late Grandfather. She would eventually enter politics, and that would lead her to the Throne.

That was something that Amidala had never come to regret.

Until now.

She would give just about anything to know what this Rogue Jedi had on his mind.

TBC

19. Sara_Kenobi

Sep 21, 2000
    Sifo-Dyas stalked the room with his presence. The way he looked at her was all most intoxicating. Slowly, Padme felt something work it's way into her mind. It was whispering something to her, as Sifo-Dyas continued to speak.

The Dark Knight continued, "We could do alot together, Queen Amidala," the warm and sothing voice said. "Give the power of the Force a chance. Together, we could destroy the Sith. The people who threatened your lands, would be no more. Your dear family would forever be safe and protected."

And like driving a Saber Blade into her chest, Sifo-Dyas drove the last sentence home.

"And that poor Jedi Master, and others like him, would not die at the hands of murderers that once called themselves Jedi."

"No." cried the Queen.

"Yes, Master Jinn lost his life because of you," Sifo-Dyas announced carefully. "You should have never gotten in the way. His Padawan would have saved him."

"No." sobbed Padme. "You lie! Qui-Gon was alive. I know it!" the Queen declared.

"JOIN ME!" Sifo-Dyas demanded passionately. "And together the Galaxy will be ours. Then innocents will not continue to suffer as dear Qui-Gon did."

"No," Padme cried. "It cannot be true."

"Search your heart, my dear Lady," Sifo-Dyas whispered softly now. "You know in your heart that it is true. His blood is on your hands."

Giving up, as there was nothing else to save her from these mad thoughts of Darkness that threatened her very being, the Queen looked up weakly and said;

"What do I have to do?"

TBC

20. Sara_Kenobi

Sep 21, 2000

The Bed Chamber of Skywalker still had lights on. Yoda walked to the Guest Room with as much a hurried pace as he could. Even from this distance away, one could hear the boy's rapid breathing.

Anakin was having yet another of his nightmares.

"No," He began to cry out. "Padme, no!"

"Wake now, little one," the Jedi Master ordered softly. "What do you Dream about, hmm?"

"All right it is, now. Wake up, you will." Yoda urged.

"Padme...sir.." The boy cried softly. "She's not there anymore. In my Dreams...I felt her leave. I felt her...I don't know..." Anakin finished, confused.

The boy then continued to sob on his soft pillows for his friend.

There was nothing that Yoda could do.

Not for a long time....

"Master, we've failed," Qui-Gon Jinn spoke in a whisper. "My Padawan and I both felt the presence of the Queen leave Coruscant. We do however feel that she still lives, as we did not feel her death."

"But Master-" Obi-Wan protested.

"Silence, Padawan," Qui-Gon demanded.

Obi-Wan swollowed hard and decided to remain silent as ordered.

There was nothing that could be done anymore, anyway.

"More have you to say, Obi-Wan?" Yoda asked.

The young Man frowned and looked downward to the floor.

"No, Master Yoda," Obi-Wan said. "I do not."

The other Council Members seemed to look abit sad at his answer.

Yoda as well.

"Then our business for the day is finished," Mace Windu announced. "You may both leave us."

"But what of the boy..." Qui-Gon demanded.

Mace Windu answered, "He's not to be trained. Skywalker is to return to Tatooine in the morning. Obi-Wan, will you see the boy home?"

Obi-Wan was tired and thought that he was hearing things. It had been years since his last Mission Seperate from his Master.

"I will see Anakin home, Master," Obi-Wan agreed quietly, not quite knowing what it all would come to mean.

TBC

21. Sara_Kenobi

Sep 21, 2000
    "What will become of me now?" Anakin Skywalker asked, as Obi-Wan had gentally explained that Qui-Gon Jinn would not be training him as a Jedi Knight.

"I'm to see you home, Anakin," Obi-Wan explained. "You'll be returned to your Mother on Tatooine. The Council feels that it is not time to train you yet. That it would be best that you remain with your Mother, until the time is right."

"But Qui-Gon promised me that I was going to be a Jedi," Anakin protested. "I told my Mother that I would go back and free the Slaves. I can't do that now. I'm just-a little boy. What good would I be to her?"

"Your Mother deeply loves you, Anakin," Obi-Wan smiled. "Master Jinn told me that she was deeply heartbroken when you left her. Perhaps seeing you again so soon, will ease that pain."

"That's true," Anakin grumbled. "But I don't get it though. Why so suddenly am I going back home? The Queen hasn't been found yet, has she?"

Obi-Wan lowered his head, "No, the Queen hasn't been discovered yet, Anakin."

"But I can help you find her, Obi-Wan," Anakin offered. "Really, I can. I'm good at those kinds of things."

"No, Anakin," Obi-Wan argued gentally. "You're to return home. I'm sorry. Now go and ready your things. I'll be there in afew moments to help you pack."

"But-"

"Anakin, no!"

Anakin looked up to see Qui-Gon Jinn standing in the doorway of the apartment.

He had not seen or hered the Jedi enter.

A surge of anger welled inside of Anakin's chest, as he looked at the Jedi Master who had lied to him, "You promised me that you would train me. Now I have to go away, and I'll never be a Jedi now. You'll forget that I'm out there. You both will! I hate you both!"

The heartbroken boy then ran into his bed chamber and slammed the doors closed behind him.

"Will you be all right, Master?"

Qui-Gon tore his gaze away from where Anakin had gone and looked into the eyes of his former apprentice.

Once Obi-Wan seen Anakin home to Tatooine, the new Jedi Knight would pick up on the Mission to find Queen Amidala, where they had left off.

The Council seen the assignment's first failure as Qui-Gon fault, and abruptly pulled him off the assignment. The Naboo Council had demanded it once they learned the Queen had been removed from Coruscant to a new location.

Senator Palpatine had placed a demand on the Jedi Council that Master Jinn be placed under review for such a oversight. The people of Naboo had been through enough, and did not deserve this failure from the Jedi, their trusted Hero's. He had declared.

Obi-Wan had told the Jedi Council where they could stick such a cold and outrageous lie.

Amazingly so, he had been granted the title of Jedi Knight anyway.

Qui-Gon Jinn was no longer his Master.

Anakin Skywalker, the Chosen One, would not be trained.

In light of losing Queen Amidala to the Sith, the Jedi Council feared the reaction it would bring about in the boy. Anakin had developed a quick and powerful bond with her, and they feared that Anakin would not be able to have control over himself with her gone.

Much anger already lived inside of the boy.

The loss of his friend would only increase that anger.

The boy already blamed the Jedi for not finding Amidala before she was taken from Coruscant. All though he had not yet voiced his anger, it told Obi-Wan that Anakin was trying to control himself.

And that there was hope in training Anakin in the future.

But for now, Anakin would go back home.

"I'm all right, Obi-Wan," Qui-Gon Jinn knodded his head. "I just was not expecting Anakin to react this way. I Did want to train him. He is the Chosen One. I don't care what the Council says."

"I'll go and speak with him," Obi-Wan offered. "Anakin does know that Master. He just has alot of anger in him. Returning to his Mother will help him aide that. She can offer him the guidence that he needs to be a better Student. One day, Anakin will be ready for us. Just not at this time."

"I will go and make contact with his Mother," Qui

22. Sara_Kenobi

Sep 21, 2000
    I should have a new post by the end of the week. :)

23. Sara_Kenobi

Sep 21, 2000
  24. Sara_Kenobi

Sep 21, 2000
    I hope to update soon. :)

25. diamond_pony2002

diamond_pony2002 Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 6, 2002
    I LOVE THIS STORY! Is there any "Obi comforts Ani" in this story? ***swoons and pictures Obi holding a crying Ani***

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.