main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Before - Legends Will The Sun Ever Shine Again? obi torture! 11/19/03! OY, A POSTIE!!! *dies*

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Padawan_Jess_Kenobi, Apr 5, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Padawan_Jess_Kenobi

Padawan_Jess_Kenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 20, 2002
    Title: Will The Sun Ever Shine Again?
    Author: Padawan_Jess_Kenobi
    Rating: JA, Obi/Qui Obi is about 14, angst, Obi-torture, au
    Summary: Obi is captured by an evil figure and Qui can't find him. Obi begins to doubt if he will ever get out.
    Disclaimor: His name is George Lucas. He owns Star Wars and all the character. My name is Jess. I own nothing. That's how it goes, unfortunatly.
    Notes: I'm reposting chapters 1-5, and I will continue the story here.

Please, I beg you to review!! ;)

Cold. Pain. Obi-Wan' Kenobi' s world had been reduced to those two awful senses that enveloped his soul. He shivered, the torn pieces of his Jedi garments bearing him little to no warmth. Obi-Wan tried to sit up, and could barely contain a whimper as pain shot through his ribs and chest. He rested his hand on the wall, and attempted to pull himself into a standing position.

Obi-Wan managed to stand for a couple seconds, until his fractured ankle could support him no longer, and he came crashing down. The floor was hard, undoubtedly made from steel that was made to bear no comfort to its occupiers.

The cell he was in was a tiny one, and through the minute window, barely any sunlight was visible, which accounted for why the room was so dark. The walls were of a steel colored gray, and several sharp nails produced from it. There was no furniture, not even a blanket to keep away the cold.

Obi-Wan looked at himself through a small puddle of water in the corner of the room. His tunic was in pieces, and had lost their sandy coloring. His normally short, spiky, ginger hair was now filthy, and it hung a little below his ear. The only act of mercy that had been shown to him was that his braid had not been cut off. Obi-Wan could see his ribs very clearly, something, which he should have been worried about. Almost his whole body was covered in blood, dry or fresh, Obi-Wan didn't care about anymore. When he turned around to look at his back, blood red vicious marks where made to be seen. His hands were blistered and peeled from working non-stop.

Obi-Wan winced as he drew in a breath; his abused and broken ribs allowed him minimum movement and breathing.

A sound cut through the stale air. Footsteps. Obi-Wan immediately backed up against the wall in anxiousness. It was him. He was coming. Obi-Wan trembled silently, trying not to let the fear get to him. The footsteps were coming closer, and getting louder.

They seemed to echo around the cell, until Obi-Wan could hear nothing else. Every second, the sound of boots hitting the floor became louder and louder, until they sounded like blasters filling the air.

Obi-Wan gulped involuntarily. He tried to reach the Force to help calm him, but he was too weak to reach out and draw on the ever-elusive Force. Then the door started to open slowly, and a feeling of menace so strong entered the room, causing Obi-Wan to hold his head in pain.

A figure capped all in black walked slowly into the room, carrying about his air of evil that seemed to trail after him wherever he may go. Obi-Wan struggled to hold back his emotion, and was successful until it spoke, voice so cold and sinister, that Obi-Wan shivered.

"Are you scared Little Jedi?'' The figure asked, drawing out certain syllables. Obi-Wan tried to tamper down his fear, and sat still, not answering out of defiance.

The man growled a low vibrating sound. "Answer me!" He shouted as he smacked Obi-Wan on the cheek with amazing force and speed. Obi-Wan reeled back from the force of the blow, and put a bloody hand to his smarting cheek.

In a small voice, Obi-Wan answered the previous question honestly, although it pained him to do so. "Yes, I am afraid."

The man in black let out a frigid laugh, although it bore no humor in it. "Not enough, you aren't, not enough." He then took out a familiar looking weapon, and Obi-Wan flinched at the site of it. "You plead for mercy, and I'll go a little bit easier on you. What do you think, Jedi? Deal?"

Obi-Wan took as deep a breath as he could must

2. Arwen-Jade_Kenobi

Arwen-Jade_Kenobi Jedi Knight star 5

Feb 9, 2002
    :_|

Poor Obi!! Jess how you torture the poor boy!!

[face_devil] But, hey, no pain no gain right?

More soon!!!

3. Obi the Kid

Obi the Kid Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 13, 2000
    YAY! Angst and torture for Obi!!! Wait, I shouldnt be so happy about that should I? Oh well...nice angsty beginning Jess! Looking forward to the next part.

Obi

4. KrystalBlaze

KrystalBlaze Jedi Master star 5

Aug 3, 2002
    :eek: Great job! You're evil! Sick! How dare you treat Obi like that....

Keep doing it. ;)

5. Padawan_Jess_Kenobi

Nov 20, 2002
    Arwen: [face_devil] That's my motto!! Thanks.

Obi the Kid: No, you really shouldn't be so happy about that... bit I am, so it all works out. Glad you like it so far!

Krystal:[face_laugh] Yea, I guess I am kinda sick and evil to be putting him through all this. But then again, who doesn't put Obi through torture ever now and then? 8-}
    Short post here....

Qui-Gon Jinn shot up in his bed like a bullet. A word echoed around in his head, Master the voice had said. Only one person could have said that, but Qui-Gon would barely let himself believe. It couldn't be, it just couldn't be! Although logic said it wasn't possible, Qui-Gon's heart thought differently. His breath came out in short gasps as his body burned for a couple seconds, but then went away. There was only once explanation for this,

Qui-Gon's padawan, Obi-Wan Kenobi, was?alive.

The sudden pain Qui-Gon had just experienced was living proof of it. Their bond. The Master/Padawan mind bond, you could feel different emotions of your Master or Apprentice through it. Hunger, happiness, distress, nervousness, fear, and especially pain.

Pain left a firm mark on the other's mind for a little while, allowing them to feel the other's agony, but only a small portion of it. Qui-Gon would only have been able to feel that stab of pain if his apprentice was alive.

A sliver of hope ran down his spine, making his half-chilled body warm up. He could only hope that Obi-Wan was alive. Qui-Gon closed his eyes in painful remembrance at their last and future-changing mission.

Obi-Wan looked up at Qui-Gon, craning his neck a bit to better look at his Master. "How much longer until we land, Master?" he asked, fidgeting a little, obviously anxious to get out of the stuffy transport and into the action.

Qui-Gon smiled down at his young apprentice, "Ten minutes, padawan. In the meantime, grab your lightsaber, this is a very unfriendly planet, we must take caution. This mission is not to be taken lightly. The situation is very dangerous."

The planet they were about to land on was known as Periculeamus, translated to "Danger." Ironic. There were two fighting sides to this planet, the Maasrcs and the Yidlf. The Maasrcs were the side that wanted complete control over the planet, while the Yidlf was the side that had complete control over the planet.

There was also one other side to the planet that had recently been discovered, that had been unknown for how-many years. This side was so far un-named and had no identity to look for. No one knew what exactly they were doing, but it was known not to be good. And that was why Jedi Master Qui-Gon Jinn and Padawan Obi-Wan Kenobi were on this planet in the darkest regions of the galaxy.

Qui-Gon snapped his attention back to Obi-Wan who had entered the room. He looked back again at the navigational computer on the ship, to the spot where it read they were about ready to land. Qui-Gon left the computer, letting the automatic piloting system do its job, He grabbed his robe and joined Obi-Wan at the door.

They landed a short time later, and they both cautiously walked down the landing ramp, and closed the ship back up. Qui-Gon looked over to Obi-Wan, who had suddenly stopped moving, "Obi-Wan," he said, "What's wrong?"

Obi-Wan only turned his head slightly, keeping his eyes on their forest-like surroundings. "I sense something, something is not right."

Qui-Gon also looked around, slowly, but saw nothing. He noticed that Obi-Wan had walked silently off into the beginning of the woods. There was a small sound, then he saw Obi-Wan stiffen and let out a barely audible noise.

Qui-Gon walked over to his padawan. "Obi-Wan, what's wrong?" There was no answer, Qui-Gon put his hand on his apprentice's shoulder and spun him around so he could see his face.

Qui-Gon gasped in horror and reeled backwards, watching Obi-Wan sink to the floor. In the middle of his padawan's stomach, there was a huge blaster wound, blood poured out everywhere, until there was a pool of

6. KrystalBlaze

Aug 3, 2002
    Evil woman, torturing us with that semi-cliffie like that. Egh..

7. JediANGELA

JediANGELA Jedi Master star 6

Sep 28, 2002
    I read this on the other board, and I loved what you have written, but you are going to add the other person in this repost, right? I really liked him in there alot.

8. Arwen-Jade_Kenobi

Feb 9, 2002
    Great Job Jess! But that is a slightly evil cliffie and that will not be tolerated

MORE soon!!

9. Red_Jedi_Knight

Red_Jedi_Knight Jedi Youngling star 3

May 7, 2002
    AAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH i need more to read!! please keep going!! i love it and hate it at the same time!! drat!

10. Padawan_Jess_Kenobi

Nov 20, 2002
    Krystal: [face_devil] Thanks! I know I'm evil, but there are many worse cliffies than that coming up... ;)

JediANGELA: Thanks! :)Glad you like it. And yes, that person will make a special appearance in here. :D

Arwen: Wow, you people really hate cliffies, huh? Heh, thanks.

Red_Jedi_Knight: Wow! Thank you! :Di love it and hate it at the same time!! drat! That is a good thing, right? 8-}

Ok, anything that is in bold is a flashback, ok? :D Okay.

Obi-Wan was awoken in the middle of the night by stabs of pain, traveling at a steady rate throughout his chest. A small whimper crept up his throat and passed through chapped lips. The pain was intensifying every second, until almost unbearable.

Unintentionally, a yelp came out through Obi-Wan's abused vocal cords. He painfully forced his bruised hands to his mouth, trying to dampen down the noise. But it was too late, the Dark Shadow had already heard it.

Obi-Wan once again found himself backing up against the wall in poorly contained fear. He could hear the shotgun noise of his boots walking across the floor, the fluttering of his black cape. It sent a chill down his spine, as it always did.

The door slammed open, and a draft of even colder air circled around Obi-Wan, making him draw closer within himself. A growl-like sound was heard from the figure's invisible throat. It drew closer, and Obi-Wan backed up further, until he could no longer.

A less familiar, yet equally menacing whip produced from the long sleeves, seeming to grow out of the figure's hands. "What did I say, Jedi?" It hissed, venom piercing through its voice.

Obi-Wan gasped and clutched his chest, but was defiant, he would not say anything.

The figure brought down the whip, hard, onto Obi-Wan's already dislocated shoulder. He bit his lip in order to remain silent. "Look at me and answer when I speak to you, Boy!" It yelled.

Obi-Wan raised his head slowly, eyes glaring, and set his gaze on the hooded figure. He had already accepted his death eventually, and would not make it all the sweeter for his capture to indulge in his wishes.

The man once again brought down the whip, the force of the impact knocking Obi-Wan down to the ground in pain. "I said not to make a sound, boy! You answer me when I speak to you!" The procedure of the whip was repeated over and over, until Obi-Wan seemed to lose track of time. New pain traveled quickly throughout his body, replacing the old.

It seemed forever until the punishment stopped, and Obi-Wan was barely aware of when the gleaming whip was put back into the man's flowing cape. He put his non-visible face up to Obi-Wan's. "I hope that will teach you a lesson, Jedi," he whispered as he got up. He kicked Obi-Wan firmly in the chest, and strolled out as if nothing happened. He shut the door behind him. Once again leaving Obi-Wan alone.

The boy tried to control the uprising agony, but did not manage to succeed. It was too great. Not without the help of the Force, could he overcome this. Obi-Wan clutched his chest as another attack of fire spread throughout his body, but mostly his chest.

Obi-Wan gripped his chest, right near his ribs. His hands were palm down on the floor, and it was the only way he was holding himself semi-upright. He let out a cough, despite it irritating his pain. He let out another cough, and then another, until he could not stop. Blood started to spout from the sides of his mouth. More and more began to come until the floor and his torn clothing were covered with it.

His head stared to spin, until Obi-Wan could barely sit up. He wiped the blood from the sides of his mouth, and stared at it, barely registering anything. "Blood," he murmured to himself. He let out a rough cough, "Imagine that."

His hands would no longer support his greatly decreased weight, and he dropped to the ground, his head landing in the small puddle of his own blood. His dirty, tangled, once ginger hair was now streaked with

11. Red_Jedi_Knight

May 7, 2002
    AAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHH obi... what will become of him? he needs major help. and he doesn't need some jerk kicking him in the ribs!!

12. Arwen-Jade_Kenobi

Feb 9, 2002
    Poor Obi!!!!

What's with this guy, who is he???

13. KrystalBlaze

Aug 3, 2002
    Ahhh! Excellent part! I loved it! More now! More now!

14. Obi the Kid

Apr 13, 2000
    Jess! I love the idea of alternating between the present and the flashback. That worked brilliantly to show Obi's terror of the moments. Nice job!

Hmm, Obi makes his bed like I did when I was younger..and still do today! :D

Obi

15. Nikita

Nikita Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 14, 2001
    Yes help Obi... he needs it badly! Help him soon!!!! Qui, get your butt out there are look for your padawan!

Good job so far!

16. Padawan_Jess_Kenobi

Nov 20, 2002
    Red_Jedi_Kinght: Yea, he does need help. And yea, the jerk kicking him in the ribs/chest isn't really necessary, it just adds some great torture scenes. [face_shocked] :D

Arwen:What's with this guy, who is he??? Are you referring to the torturer, or to the guy that did the code thing? :confused: Thanks for reading, though.

KrystalBlaze: Thank you very much! I know this took a long time to get up, sorry. The next two chapters are already written, but I gotta actually work on the ones after, so I hope they won't take too long. ;)

Obi the Kid: Jess! I love the idea of alternating between the present and the flashback. That worked brilliantly to show Obi's terror of the moments. Nice job!
    Thank you! [face_love] That was exactly what I was trying to get at with those scenes there. Hmm, Obi makes his bed like I did when I was younger..and still do today! [face_laugh] [face_laugh] Wait, why am I laughing? I make my bed the exact same way! 8-}

Nikita:Yes help Obi... he needs it badly! Help him soon!!!! Qui, get your butt out there are look for your padawan! Heh, thats what we all want to happen, huh? lol. Thanks a lot for reading this!

The man that had peered through the whole in the wall and saw Obi-Wan leaned against the wall. The cold surface chilled his back, soothing the many whip marks on it. He had been in this place many years, and had heard and seen many horrible things that the Shadow Man, as the jailers referred to him as, had done to different prisoners.

But the pain that many people went through, and his own, could never amount to the agony that he put that boy through. The mysterious man could remember the first day that the boy had been dragged in. It was their free hour, which was given once in a while so the prisoners wouldn't get lazy.

He remembered seeing the boy, but he had looked so different than he did now. Back then, oh it seemed so long ago, but back then, he looked like such a boy. A youth in his prime, so innocent was the fresh air around him that tiny specks of joy filled his and his comrades hearts.

His hair, in contrast to the dirty, long, and now blood-streaked hue it took now, was so healthy. It had shone like the morning sun, he had never seen such pure ginger colored hair before, never seen strands of silk so naturally tinted with an array of colors that matched the sun so perfectly. He had been in better shape then too. His clothes were recognizable as true garments, not like they were now, rags.

He had been lean, strong and muscular. It was obvious just by watching him struggle that he did not give up easily. The man glanced down at his hands, at the dirt ingrained into every crevice of the surface. He remembered that they had hit the boy with the whip, just to get him under control. He hadn't even flinched.

It took them a while to break him, and he was here for many a night before the first whimper of escaped pain passed through the darkness of the night, and of the day. He had been stronger than most, most prisoners were crying out in pain on the first day, it had taken him a much longer time. Of course time was irrelevant to the man and his fellow prisoners- for the sun never shone. Day was like night, night was dark, and darkness always was upon the palace.

For a while, when the boy was first brought to the cell, some light was actually visible through the tiny, limited window. But the light was near gone now. The man had little doubt that the dwindling light had something to do with the boy's rapidly failing health.

When he had first come here, the boy that is, he had looked so young. The man got off the wall, and looked back over through the little hole he had made. He saw the boy, he would have to find out his name eventually for sure. He thought he knew, but it would make no sense. How would he get himself into a place like this? Anyway, the boy, the man contemplated, still looks so young, almost like the first day he had laid eyes o

17. Padawan_Jess_Kenobi

Nov 20, 2002
    No reviews??? :_| :_| :_| Well, here is the next part anyways. :( *sniffle* ;)

Obi-Wan kept moving back. This couldn't be happening! It just couldn't! It was a dream, all a dream. But he knew it wasn't true, that was really Xanatos, standing before him. He fell backward, the strength in his arms momentarily leaving him. When he saw Xanatos come forward in concern, Obi-Wan painfully picked himself up and rushed to the other end of the room, panting heavily.

Xanatos approached slowly, trying not to frighten the boy. "Its alright, Obi-Wan. I'm not going to hurt you."

Obi-Wan let out a course laugh, being sure to hold his ribs while he did so. "Not going to hurt me! I can believe that- you've only tried to kill me and my Master twice!"

Xanatos sighed, and stopped moving towards the boy, and sat down on the floor, sighing. "I know you won't believe me, Obi-Wan, that I only want to help you. I wouldn't believe it either if I were you. But I have changed. I'm not the Xanatos I once was. I'm different, I've given up on my anger, my fear, and hatred. I don't want to suffer anymore!" His ice blue eyes cut into Obi-Wan's sapphire ones. They showed the truth, but Obi-Wan still couldn't believe it.

He let himself slide down the wall, until he was half sitting, half standing. He let out a cough, and then spoke. "How can I believe you? More importantly, how can I forgive you? I saw personally what you did to my Master after you turned. You killed him from the inside. Everyday he suffers. He suffers because of you! And because of you, he won't let me in his heart to help."

Xanatos didn't know what to say and just stared at the boy.

Qui-Gon stood in front of the Council, fighting his emotions. "I felt my padawan, Masters. I felt him. He is alive, though not well. I request permission to use one of the Temple's Transports to retrieve my apprentice."

Master Yoda looked at him through sleepy green eyes. "Perhaps alive he is, but where he is kept know you do not." It was not a question, but a statement spoken in iron.

Qui-Gon struggled to remain still. "No, I do not know for sure where he is, but I will find him."

He turned to face Master Plo Koon, who was now speaking. "You can't just go search for Padawan Kenobi with no destination in mind! I'm afraid we can't let you go until you at least have a general location of him."

Qui-Gon drew in a breath. "But that could take a long time before we can track him down! He could be dead by then!"

"Master Jinn, perhaps this pain you were feeling was only the remains of old wounds. He is proven alive, yes, but maybe he is not in as much pain as you think he is. It would be a reckless thing to do, to just take a transport and fly around the galaxy, hoping luck will come to you!" Plo Koon argued fiercely.

Qui-Gon squared his shoulders and bowed to the Council. Just before he left through the heavy doors, he turned and addressed all the Masters. "Call me reckless, than." And then he left the room in a hurry.

The twelve Masters looked at each other in slight amazement. Not like they had expected that Qui-Gon would listen to them on matters dealing with his apprentice, anyway though. Plo Koon looked slightly angry as he stared at the spot where Qui-Gon had stood a few moments ago. "He will be searching the galaxy for who-knows how many days! Master Jinn is far too reckless, he doesn't even know where he is going! He will be going around in circles for a long time.

"Yes, search for a long time he will be," the wise voice of Master Yoda rose above Plo Koon's. "But know Qui-Gon I do. Take a long time it might, but if that's what it takes to find Obi-Wan, then search as long as needed, he will."

The Council stood in silence, including Plo Koon, knowing that what Yoda had spoken was true. They all knew that Qui-Gon would search as long as it took to find Obi-Wan. And each and every one of them knew that they could do absolutely nothing to stop it. Threats of putting him on probation or not, Qui-Gon Jinn wou

18. Arwen-Jade_Kenobi

Feb 9, 2002
    Sorry about not reviewing !!! I read it but then got thrown off!! *shakes fists at Parental Units*

It's XAn?? [face_shocked] Sweet!! I'm loving this even more! More more more!!

19. Obi the Kid

Apr 13, 2000
    Hmmm, interesting turn of events with the appearance of Xanatos. The good version of him? Will he stay that way?

Poor Obi. Angst him more, Jess! :D

Obi

20. SpeldoriontheBlended

SpeldoriontheBlended Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 12, 2002
    Hmmm...I seem to read more and more Obi tourture these days. However, this has a plot and a great trailer, so I'll watch the blood flow. [face_devil] Mwah ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha. :p

21. InTheSockOfTheNight

InTheSockOfTheNight Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 31, 2002
    Socks is sorry that she hasn't reviewed the most recent posties. As you know she has had a lot of other things on her mindsies! She is trying to get caughtsies up on her fan fic reading- I will make it to the other Jessie fics soon! Socks Honor! :)

22. NyghtFyre

NyghtFyre Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 14, 2002
    Hey Sockie, I know how you feel- I need about 36 hours in the day to get things done!

Jess- :eek: I would say poor Obi....but I am totally loving the Obi-angst/torture! Bring on some more! :p

23. Nikita

Nikita Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 14, 2001
    oooohh YEA!!!!! Xani's in it now! Goody goody! Great post... I hope Obi's alright, but if he's not I am a great nurse ;) I can help him out!

Please post soon!

24. Red_Jedi_Knight

May 7, 2002
    yeah i have something to read in class now... heheheh yeah evil school chik! i love the story even with the overly abuntant obi tourture... very well written keep it up!!!

EDIT::
    yeah i read it... this is beautiful... but i worry about obi even more now..

25. PatttyB0123

PatttyB0123 Former RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 2, 2003
    Nice story, sorry if I did not reply before.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.