main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Before - Legends Our Love is Forever (Qui-Gon/Tahl vignette)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Jade_Skywalker, Apr 20, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jade_Skywalker

Jade_Skywalker Jedi Master star 4

Jun 16, 2000
    Okay, now technically this story is not befire the Saga but you have to know JA to get this story, and you would find most of them here. ;) I actually posted this a long while ago, but since they got the new sections for fan fiction, I decided to re post it. :) Here you go!

?Obi-Wan, promise . . . promise me you will train the boy.?

?Yes, Master.?

?He . . . is the chosen one . . . he will . . . bring balance. Train him.?

With only a few soft words spoken, Qui-Gon Jinn slowly closed his eyes for the last time, and left his padawan alone forever. Obi-Wan would want nothing more than for his master to stay and watch him be knighted, to watch him train another, as his master had with him, but it would not happen. He could only hold Qui-Gon in his arms as he felt his master?s presence slip away.

As Qui-Gon closed his eyes, he briefly felt Obi-Wan?s fingertips press against his cheek, and then he felt nothing. He did not feel pain; he did not even feel himself in a physical form, as if the only thing left of him was his conscience. He could see nothing for everything was dark. Was this what it was like to be dead, to be left in a realm devoid of all physical and mental feelings? It was not what he expected. In fact, he had never given much thought to what death could be like. So far, it was not pleasant.

From a distance, he heard a soft, feint voice. ?Qui-Gon.?

He could barely hear it. ?What? Is someone there??

As time passed and no one replied, Qui-Gon suddenly felt something. He was at peace; it was a feeling that was void to him for a moment. As the feeling grew he noticed a tiny light in the distance, possibly where the voice might have come from. The light expanded until it completely replaced darkness, and his physical form was clearly distinguished.

?Qui-Gon,? he heard again. The voice was clear now, and a familiar presence flowed over him.

The Jedi Master turned to see a young woman walking towards him. Perfect happiness enveloped him when he knew who it was. If he had his physical body, he would be shedding tears by now. The woman came closer until she was only a few inches away from him, and smiled.

Qui-Gon?s heart overflowed with love as he gently whispered, ?Tahl??

Tahl took his hand and laced her fingers with his. ?Yes Qui-Gon,? she whispered back.

Qui-Gon found himself speechless as he looked into her eyes, and the most amazing thing was, she was looking back at him. She could see again. He reached up with his hand, and then, moving hair out of the way of her face, placed it on her cheek. ?It?s been so long,? he said.

Tahl nodded. ?Too long.?

Qui-Gon pulled her closer and wrapped his arms around her. She excepted his embrace whole-heartedly. It was exactly what the two had been waiting for, for so long. ?I never thought I?d see you again,? said Qui-Gon.

Tahl smiled. ?I always knew we would be together again, Qui-Gon.?

He pulled her away until she was at arms length, again, looking deep into her eyes. With his index finger and thumb, he lightly pinched her chin. ?I could spend the rest of my after life just looking at your beauty.? Tahl snickered but he continued. ?I love you, Tahl. I never said those actual words when you and I were alive, but I realize that I always have.?
    ?I know, Qui-Gon. You didn?t have to tell me. I could sense it, but this isn't death. We no longer have our physical bodies, yes, but our spirits live on.? She pressed her forehead against his. ?I love you Qui-Gon.?

Being this close to her, he couldn?t help himself. He moved his lips to kiss her on the cheek as she placed her hand in his cheek. ?My love,? she whispered.

Qui-Gon moved his face in front of hers again, their lips only centimeters apart, but not for long. He moved in closer, pressing his lips against hers. Tahl welcomed it letting their bond and love flow throughout her body. They pulled apart and Qui-Gon brushed more hair out of her face with his hand. ?We?re together again??

?Yes Qui-Gon. Our love is forev

2. Renton Kenobi

Renton Kenobi Jedi Master star 4

May 24, 2000
  3. Hananiah

Hananiah Jedi Master star 4

Jan 15, 2003
    A tahl/Qui fic! I love those and this was so sweet. Now Tahl and Qui can be together forever! I was really upset when Tahl died and it's great to see her again you did this really well

4. female_obi_wan

female_obi_wan Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 1, 2002
    This was really nice, and a good idea too. Actually I'm quite suprised no-one's thought of it before!

I like it. [face_love]

5. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    Very sweet Jade!! [face_love] [face_love]

6. Jade_Skywalker

Jun 16, 2000
    Wahoo!!! Replies!!!! :D

Renton Kenobi: Thanx for reading! :)

Hananiah:Ditto buddy!!! I didn't like it when she died either and I thought that Jude Watson could have given them a little more chemistry too, hence, this story comes along. ;)

female_obi_wan: Are you sure no one's thought of this? No seriously, that is like my ultimate goal here in fan fiction. To post something that no one's thought of before, but other people seem to beat me to it. ;) Thanx for reading! :D

Healer_Leona: Thank you! :)

7. Arwen-Jade_Kenobi

Arwen-Jade_Kenobi Jedi Knight star 5

Feb 9, 2002
    That was really sweet!

8. Jade_Skywalker

Jun 16, 2000
    Thank you! :)

9. Jade_Skywalker

Jun 16, 2000
  10. Obi the Kid

Obi the Kid Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 13, 2000
    I missed this one on the old board. Glad I caught it this time around. Nice job and good idea for a story too!

Qui..finally at peace! :)

Obi

11. Jade_Skywalker

Jun 16, 2000
    Oh man! I thought I replied to this already. Oh well, better late than never. ;) Thanx for the reply, Obi The Kid. O'm glad you caught it this time around too. ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.