main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Before - Legends Inspirations: Until The End Of Time. (JA/TPM vignette Obi/Qui, for the fan fiction contest. 4/21/03

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Padawan_Jess_Kenobi, Apr 21, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Padawan_Jess_Kenobi

Padawan_Jess_Kenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 20, 2002
    Title: Inspirations: Until the End Of Time
    Author: Padawan_Jess_Kenobi
    Timeframe: JA and TPM
    Characters: Obi-Wan and Qui-Gon
    Genre: drama, a little angst
    Keywords: for the fan fiction contest, viggy
    Summary: Qui-Gon gives Obi-Wan a birthday present and words that will last for all time...
    Notes: I'll really appreciate feedback *hint hint* I worked really really hard on this one!

It was night on Coruscant, The stars shone to a bright yellow, encompassing the night. They seemed to be making up for the extreme absence of light in almost every room in the Jedi Temple, except for Qui-Gon Jinn's. The Jedi Master was sitting in his favorite cushioned chair, staring intently at a small form sprawled across a bed. "My padawan," he whispered to himself softly.

The boy rolled over in his sleep and winced as his left side came in rough contact with the bed. Feelings of guilt plagued Qui-Gon before he had the presence of mind the stop them.

His padawan, Obi-Wan, had almost died yesterday. They had been on a mission to save a princess from a band of pirates who had captured her in an attempt to obtain a ransom. It was the general kidnapping, and the team had been in the same situations many times before this.

Qui-Gon had told Obi-Wan to cover him while he recovered the princess from the spot she had been placed. What both Jedi had not noticed until it was almost too late, was that there was a small group of the pilots hiding behind the crates in the same room as the princess was being held in. Obi-Wan had dealt with their attackers, leaving them unconscious by the door in a separate room.

He was coming to assist Qui-Gon, when he had caught movement behind one of the crates in the room. Qui-Gon winced as the painful memory came back to him again. The pirate jumping up and aiming the gun at the Jedi Master's unprotected back. Obi-Wan's self-sacrificing dive in front of him. The lifeless thud he made when he fell to the floor in a heap of blood. Obi-Wan using the last bit of his strength to Force push the pirates into the wall, managing to knock the unconscious

Qui-Gon remembered how he had knelt over Obi-Wan, fearing the worst. There had been so much blood?

The Master's thoughts were broken as a small moan escaped the young man's lips. The bullet had pierced his shoulder, and he had two broken ribs. The Healers told him that considering the events that had happened, Obi-Wan was lucky to even be alive. what would I ever do without the extreme optimism of the Healers? he thought to himself sardonically.

But he knew it was true. Few survived a blaster wound, even if it was only through the shoulder. His mind flashed back to a day ago. After he had hurriedly laid his padawan on the med bed, he had stared at it horrifyingly. Blood poured out of the boy's shoulder in vast amounts. Soon, the whole bed was covered in the crimson coloring. Obi-Wan's ginger hair had been soaked with it.

And the most unfortunate thing was that today was Obi-Wan's birthday. His fifteenth birthday. And what was he doing? He was spending it in a bed, probably in anguish from wounds. What a day. Qui-Gon sighed and looked at his now fifteen year old apprentice. he looks so young, he thought to himself. A small smile flittered across his face.

Qui-Gon unconsciously ran a hand through Obi-Wan's ginger hair. The naturally red highlights shone in the light of the stars and the lamp. His hair looked almost golden now. The feel of it was soft to the touch, and it was comforting. He fingered the delicately woven padawan braid. The strands of hair were carefully entwined. His own dark brown hair stood out against Obi-Wan's lighter, more delicate threads of gold.

Hot tears came to Qui-Gon's eyes, but he held them at bay, refusing to let them fall just yet. He gazed at his padawan carefully. His eyes were squeezed shut, and his forehead was slightly wrinkled from the exertion. Obi-Wan's cheeks held a reddish tint to them, showing off the boyishness of his youth that was sti

2. Arwen-Jade_Kenobi

Arwen-Jade_Kenobi Jedi Knight star 5

Feb 9, 2002
    *mouth drops open*

[face_shocked]

Well done!!! I loved that!! Nrealy made me cry there Jess!!

Up!!

3. Obi the Kid

Obi the Kid Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 13, 2000
    Sigh. So sad. Why you trying to make everyone cry, Jess? Gimme a tissue! :D

The first few paragraphs of this hooked me. I love small reflective type stories. Nice job Jess!

obi

4. Padawan_Jess_Kenobi

Padawan_Jess_Kenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 20, 2002
    *gasp* I can't believe I never responded to my wonderful readers! [face_shocked]

Arwen: Hehe, thanks, I'm really glad you liked it. :D

Obi: Sigh. So sad. Why you trying to make everyone cry, Jess? Gimme a tissue! hehe, I like making people cry. 8-} Just kidding, I just like to evoke strong emotion, that's all.

The first few paragraphs of this hooked me. I love small reflective type stories. Nice job Jess! Thanks! Perhaps I should write more of those kinds of stories... ;)

5. KrystalBlaze

KrystalBlaze Jedi Master star 5

Aug 3, 2002
    Jess, the one thing you've delivered everytime is full frontal anguish or love. You gave us both here and pulled it off very well. You've got a style all your own. Excellent read.

6. Jenny_The_Jedi_Girl

Jenny_The_Jedi_Girl Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 16, 2001
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.