main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends The Sweetest Thing - Last 2 Posts of Chapter 14, and yes, it's over...for now ;)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by AERYN_SUN, Apr 26, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AERYN_SUN

AERYN_SUN Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 1, 2001
    A/N: Here's the deal, since I've already started writing about Valin/Cherith, a lot, I figured this was a good place to start writing "The Sweetest Thing". I still want to write them 3 yrs, later, which I will do.

The following chapters, I took from 'I'd Miss You Still', and posted them as the first chapters to 'The Sweetest Thing'.

Summary: While dealing with her growing feelings for Valin, Cherith, the oldest daughter of Jag and Jaina, must also deal with being an older sister as well and her own Jedi training...

The Sweetest Thing
    Chapter 1, Post #1
    by obi's girl

Valin ran a hand through his black hair as he walked into parent's apartment. His mother was preparing a late dinner. He smiled at her and then sat at the counter. "Is your father still at the memorial?" she asked.

"I guess. I don't know. Cherith and I left early. There was a matter that needed to be settled," he said.

Not too long after he said that, his little sister appeared. Jysella took the stool beside him, struggling at first to climb the stool before Valin reached over and helped her up. "I saw you and your girlfriend today..."

Valin rolled his eyes and blushed, as Mirax looked curiously at her daughter and son. "Cherith is not my girlfriend, Jy,"

"Jysella, stop teasing your bother," Mirax said, glancing at Valin again. If she had a Force power, she'd reach into her son's mind. She looked at Jysella, "Jy, why don't you clean your hands?"

The girl rolled her eyes and jumping down from the stool and smiled, "Fine, you want to get rid of me. I can take a hint,"

"Jysella," Valin warned, waving his hand in a Jedi mind trick fashion, "Leave, little sister,"

She shrugged and turned, walking to her room. Mirax looked at her son and sighed, "Cherith. That's Jaina and Jag's teenage daughter, right?"

Valin rolled his eyes, "Yes mom,"

"And Jaina returned, what, wasn't it a week ago?" He nodded, prompting her continue. "That means Cherith's only been alive a week, although, in theory, she's fourteen years old, right?"

"Yes, mother. That's what it means,"

Mirax shrugged, returning to her cooking, "A week. You've known the girl a week, and already, you have a serious crush on your best friend. You have guts, Valin," As she said that, Corran returned. He smiled at his wife and took the stool beside Valin. "Corran, did you know about Valin and Cherith?"

Corran raised an eyebrow, "That he has a crush on her? Of course, I do. He asked me for advice on that matter."

"And what did you tell him?"

Corran looked at his son and then his wife. He was afraid if he repeated what he said to his son, Mirax wouldn't agree with him. "I told him to just be her friend, and that their time hanging out together wasn't a date, or didn't qualify as one anyway,"

A second after that, Jysella darted out of her room but fell short and frowned when her father took her chair. She turned and looked at her brother, "Date? You went on a date with a girl? With one you barely even knew?"

"All right, will you guys stop it? This is no big deal. Cherith and I are just friends. We talked about it and we both decided we're just friends," Valin explained, "End of story!"

"Wait a minute. When did you hang out with Cherith?" Jysella asked.

Valin rolled his eyes again, "Three days ago. After I met her in the gym,"

"Jy, what do you know?" Corran asked.

"Wes Janson has blue hair, tips of blue paint are all over his bangs," she said and Valin giggled, and then frowned when his father glared at him. "Busted," Jy whispered.

Valin moaned, "It wasn't my fault. Cherith said she really hadn't explored the base too much so we did, and covered the entire Wraith squadron in blue paint. Splat right on top them. Janson just happened to be in the area,"

Corran smiled and looked at his wife, "Ya know, I was wandering why Wes' bangs were a little blue while I was at the memorial..."

"Enough from you three. Dinner's in five minutes," Mirax announced and turned again . As Corran went into their room, Jy smiled at her

2. AERYN_SUN

Apr 1, 2001
    The Sweetest Thing
    Chapter 1, Post #2

Jaina fidgeted as she walked into Larissa's room. Jag was waiting outside with, well, she would say her luggage but she didn't really bring luggage with her. Jaina toyed with the blue ring on her finger, her wedding ring and then stopped, fingering her jappor snippet instead. This was her grandmother's necklace, she mused as she walked into the room.

She looked around for Padme, but no one was in the room. After determining no one was there, she turned to leave but stopped short when she faced Padme. Jaina wasn't sure what to say, staring at her. It was weird. Throughout the whole week, she'd been close to her grandmother but never once suspected her silent handmaiden was related to her. If she looked closely, Jaina could see her own mother in her grandmother's eyes.

Padme smiled, "You wanted to talk to me, Jaina?"

"Oh yes," she mused and laughed to herself, "Jag and I were talking, and we would love it if you would come back with us to Borealis,"

"Thank you, Jaina...I was afraid you weren't going to say anything. I'd actually been thinking about going with you, too,"

Jaina grinned, "Really? I know it's a dangerous time for my family..." After seeing the frown on her grandmother's face, Jaina stopped rambling, "They'd love to see you," she said simply.

Padme smiled and sat down on her bed, "I'd love to see them too," she mused, "When do you and Jag plan on leaving?"

She shrugged, "In awhile,"

Padme smiled and touched the jappor snippet around Jaina's neck, "I remember when he gave this to me. He was just a boy, and I was a simple handmaiden. Well, not exactly a simple handmaiden. I was Queen of Naboo at the time, but during the Trade Federation blockade, I slipped back into the role of Padme, the handmaiden." She stopped and looked at Jaina, who frowned, looking down at the floor. "Jaina, what is it?"

"I'd never realized before how much was lost about our family. I'm a part of one of the most legendary families in the galaxy, but I never knew about any of this,"

"I used to carry a big wardrobe with me whenever I'd travel, but that was when I was somebody important," Padme explained, "So, we can leave anytime." Jaina nodded, walking silently out of the room as her grandmother followed in tow.

~~

Sera fidgeted as she stood there, impatiently waiting for Kyp answer the door. She didn't really need to pack anything, just some food and some supplies. Fourteen hours and counting, this is how much time she was given to prepare for the mission to Coruscant. Finally, Kyp answered but when he did, he'd just woken up from sleep. Sera smiled a little when she saw he had no shirt but loose pants.

"Sera, what is it? It's late..."

"I know," she said, "But I needed to see you. Can I come in?"

He shrugged and moved aside as the Jedi Master went to grab a shirt from his dresser and sat down beside Sera. "What's this about? Why did you have the need to see me so late at night?"

Sera smiled, staring into his eyes, "You know I love you, right? That I'm deeply in love you, Kyp,"

"I know," he said, almost in a nonchalant way, "Is that why you came? To profess your undying love for me or is there another reason for this visit?"

She frowned and looked down at her hands, "I'm not supposed to tell you this, but I'm due to leave on a secret mission in another eleven hours. I'm going to Coruscant, Kyp,"

"Coruscant? Why? Are you going alone?" he demanded.

"I am going alone. The reason, well, the reason is classified. I just wanted to let you know in case you decided to stop my place and found it empty, and wandered where I was," she reasoned, leaning closer, "The other reason I stopped by is because I don't think this mission will be an 'in and out' job. I might be on Coruscant for along time, and I wanted to see you in case I..."

Kyp frowned and stopped her with a kiss, hugging her, "Don't say die, Sera. You're coming back."

She shrugged and whispered into his ear, "I don't know Kyp. I'm going in alone, no one to back me.

3. AERYN_SUN

Apr 1, 2001
    The Sweetest Thing
    Chapter 2, Post #4

Padme smiled, watching her grandson sleep peacefully on the bed. She looked up at Luke and smiled...he had so much of his father in him. Padme remembered Anakin, her Ani months before he became Darth Vader. She'd always believed there was good in him, despite the fact he turned his back on the light and betrayed the Jedi. He was still human, still little Ani.

"That was a beautiful lullaby you sang," Luke commented, "I didn't understand any of the words but it was very beautiful,"

Padme shrugged, "My mother used to sing it to me and my sister when we were little. We always delayed going to sleep, wanting to stay up hours playing around...That lullaby was the only song that actually got us to sleep," she glanced at Ben and smiled, "It got him to sleep, too,"

"Yes, it did," Luke smiled and he glanced at Padme again, "Do you have any children, Padme?"

She jumped slightly and looked at him. "I used to. A long time ago, but I wasn't able to keep them, unfortunately...My son, he had the sweetest blue eyes like his father,"

Luke shrugged, oblivious to the comparison, "My sister had to part with her children when they were younger...."

"Yes, Jaina told me about that. She said she resented her mother for it," Padme blurted out and then sudennly wished she hadn't said anything to interrupt him, "She said since her mother wasn't able to be with her on her wedding day, if I would give her away,"

"You were there...What was it like? Their wedding, what was it?"

"Very beautiful. Thankfully, Jaina didn't trip on her heels. It was on the balcony of the retreat, overlooking the lake and mountains. After, they just stood there, holding each other,"

Luke smiled, "I wish I could have been there to perform the ceremony in the Jedi fashion. Mara and I went through it when we were married, Leia's wedding was more traditional and now, Jag and Jaina are expecting twins."

"Yes, Cherith was just gettting used to being an only child, now she has to worry about two more little ones," Padme glanced at the chrono and then at little Ben. She smirked at the boy, her son named his son after his teacher. The real Ben, the Ben she was knew, was a very good friend to her and a big comfort after she lost Anakin. "We'd better leave before he wakes up again. Let him sleep," Luke nodded and they both left the room together.

On the opposite side of the room, Han and Leia left their room. Leia stared at her mother and brother; she knew Luke had no idea the woman he was standing next to was his mother. Han cleared his throat and he kissed her forehead, "I'll be on the Falcon," he muttered and left the apartment.

"Padme..." Leia started, "I just wanted to say I'm sorry about before,"

She smiled, sitting down on the couch, "I'm sorry too..."

"What happened earlier?" Luke interrupted. Padme and Leia looked at Luke at the same time, and it was only then, Luke finally saw the close resemblance betweem them and knew. "Mother?" he whispered and Padme nodded yes. "What you said about your baby boy with blue eyes, you were talking about me?"

"...I know you have many questions but please, let me explain first...." Padme started.

"Which one of us is older?" Luke asked, not waiting for an explaination, "It's a question we've been debating for a long time,"

Padme smiled and laughed, "Which one of you is the older sibling? Luke..."

"Ha, I knew it!" he cried and Leia glared at him.

"Let her finish, Luke. Just because she said your name first doesn't mean you're the only sibling. Besides, I was the first to have children and traditionally, the elder one is the first to be married," Leia retorted.

Padme bit her lip, calling to Ben through the Force. Ben, what am I supposed to tell them? I don't know which was is older. You never told me!

You never told her, Obi-Wan? Qui-Gon broke in, I can't believe you never told her. You were responsible for the children, for her children and you never told her which one was older?

Luke's the older one. Tell him that. I

4. AERYN_SUN

Apr 1, 2001
    The Sweetest Thing
    Chapter 4, Post #1

Padme Skywalker hummed to herself as she sat at her dressor, brushing her hair. Both Luke and Leia had offered her a place at their apartments and although she would have loved to stay with them, she chose to have a place of her own. They would have preferred it if she decided to stay with one of them but they didn't voice their objections, but she knew.

The room was wonderful, so Padme didn't mind when her children would visit her during the week and talk. Padme did less talking as Luke or Leia would talk about their children. Whenever Luke visited, he'd always bring little Ben with her. She knew already about Anakin, Leia's youngest son who died on a mission and also about Jacen, who vanished, returned and then died.

It pained Padme to know Leia had lost both her sons and now all she had left was Jaina and her family. Padme hummed less as she put down the brush and smiled.

He was there. She could feel it. "Hello, Ben," she whispered.

Obi-Wan smiled and sat down on the bed, //Hello. I just came to see how things were going,//

She shrugged and turned to him finally, the smile still lingering, "I thought you were watching. Isn't that what guardian angels do?"

//Most of the time,// he whispered, //But seriously, I want to hear it from you. You have your own place-- didn't Luke and Leia beg you to stay with them?//

Padme laughed, "They begged and begged, probably even used a Jedi mind trick on me, but I still refused. It's allright though because they visit me whenever they can,"

Ben frowned and crossed his arms, //Padme, why are you distancing yourself from your children? You've been apart from them for almost two decades,//

"I know," she said, "Don't think I'm not grateful to be here. I am but I don't know...I just feel..."

//That you don't belong here?// Ben finished and smiled, //Padme, you do belong here. You always have. You shouldn't be still blaming yourself for what happened. What happened to Anakin was not your fault, //

She nodded and sighed, "But I was a part of the reason why we lost him,"

Ben shrugged, //There were a lot of reasons why we lost him but Padme, but it was never your fault,//

"After we lost him, what would have happened if we had just controlled our feelings and also what would have happened if we never met and I fell in love with you, instead."

Obi-Wan stared hard at Padme. Many years after they parted, they never once talked about thier feelings but there was always a special bond, there was always a special connection.

"Sorry, I shouldn't have said that..." Padme started.

//No,// Ben said, //I've always known there was something special between us,//

Padme shrugged, "I've felt it too. Ben, Obi-wan, I love you. I've always loved you,"

He smiled, //I know. I've always loved you too,//

They were both silent for a long time, neither of them sure what else to say.

tbc

5. JainaJediQueen

JainaJediQueen Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 14, 2002
    You had to let your Obidalaness show throught didn't you?! j/k great post can't wait for more

~*~The Queen~*~

6. Eowyn_Jade

Eowyn_Jade Jedi Master star 4

Jan 14, 2003
    Excellent post Aeryn ^_- Sorry I haven't been around much lately... I HATE SCHOOL!!! 8-}

EJ

7. AERYN_SUN

Apr 1, 2001
    I know the feeling EJ. My biggest problem subject is Math.

I do let it show just a bit much I'm an obidala 'shipper, don't I? :D Maybe after I finish off the series here, I should go back and finish writing Clone wars. Oh wait, I'm gonna be busy working on my sabewan series. i love obi-wan/sabe, too.

glad you both found the thread.

~aeryn

8. AERYN_SUN

Apr 1, 2001
    Up!

~aeryn

9. AERYN_SUN

Apr 1, 2001
    Do you want Jaina to have twin boys or twin girls? And Name suggestions for both.

~aeryn

10. jags_gurl

jags_gurl Jedi Padawan star 4

May 29, 2002
    ooh, im gonna go look up some names rite now....and i'm not sure, i have to find the names before i can say... sorry for falling behind w/ this story, i've been so busy lately...

11. Eowyn_Jade

Eowyn_Jade Jedi Master star 4

Jan 14, 2003
    Oh I'm no good at names...I like having one boy and one girl...but if you want two of the same gender, I'd go with two girls :D

EJ

12. DropkickJake

DropkickJake Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 1, 2003
    a boy and a girl, names- wedge and winter, u have the same begining letter thing going on (jacen, jaina; luke leia) and family history at once.

13. JainaJag00

JainaJag00 Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 11, 2002
    id say 2 girls.... hmmm.... maybe one after the name padme used for her handmaiden (i just forgot the name), and one from jag's past/family.

14. DropkickJake

DropkickJake Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 1, 2003
    what was jag's sister's name?
    that'd be a good name for a girl

15. AERYN_SUN

Apr 1, 2001
    Jag's sister's name was Cherith, a name I'm already using for Jag's oldest daughter who's 15.

I'd actually like for Cherith to have two younger brothers, instead of younger sisters. I'm asking b/c in the next post, it's 5 months later and Jaina is very pregnant at this point.

~aeryn

16. jedishellyskywalker

jedishellyskywalker Jedi Master star 4

Oct 3, 2002
    Hey A_S!
    I'm really enjoying this so far! D'you think you could post a link to the prequel of this story please, cos I'd love to read it! Thanx,
    :D

17. JainaJag00

Aug 11, 2002
    why dont u do one boy& one girl?

18. AERYN_SUN

Apr 1, 2001
    The Funeral Original

I'd Miss You Still Sequel (Prequel to "The Sweetest Thing")

Why don't I want one girl and one boy? Hmm, well, I know twin brothers (2 actually). The 2nd pair are a lot of fun and even after going to math tutoring many times, I still can't tell them apart. So, I want to incooperate that playful mentality into the story.

(I was staying late at the math center and one of them talked me and as he left, I laughed to myself, "I have no idea which one that was,")

What about names? Any name suggestions for boys?

~aeryn

19. jedishellyskywalker

jedishellyskywalker Jedi Master star 4

Oct 3, 2002
    Thanx 4 the links.
    Okey dokey, boys' names...
    Well, I like the name Oisin (pronounced Osheen). Its the name of a hero in Irish mythology who goes off to Tir na nOg (the land of eternal youth and beauty).

20. AERYN_SUN

Apr 1, 2001
    Okay, I did a search and picked out some names. Tell me what you all think:

Girls:

Neviah - Forecaster
    Anya - (form of Anne)
    Naja - stoic and strong
    SARAI - My princess
    Ananja - (madeup)
    Adia - Gift

Boys:

Devin - poet
    Wade - Cross the Water
    Aiden/Aidan - Fiery

(how did I get Neviah? Like I said, I did a search and there was a new name genorator thing that used first, middle, last name and gender and I got Neviah).

~aeryn

21. AERYN_SUN

Apr 1, 2001
    Up!!!!

~aeryn

22. JainaJag00

Aug 11, 2002
    Brandon- A Fighter
    Curran- Hero
    Elsu- Rising
    Evald- Powerful

23. ednort

ednort Jedi Youngling

Aug 1, 2002
    *delurks* aeryn, im looking for 'The Funeral' so i can start from the beginning! where can i find it? :) --liz *relurks*

24. AERYN_SUN

Apr 1, 2001
    The links for both prequels can be found at the end of the first post.

~aeryn

25. jags_gurl

jags_gurl Jedi Padawan star 4

May 29, 2002
    here's my suggestions twin girlies-
    Arienne -dark
    Alena -light

Kali -dark goddess (ooh i like that one)
    Kiara -little one

Aislin -dreamer
    Aistyn -starlike

and or Aimee -loved friend

and for twin boys:
    Camdyn -from the valley
    Camryn -bent nose(lol!)

Chance -Keeper of the Records
    Chase -Hunter

i like the other names you have too... :) i like Aiden lots

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.