main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Trickster - Jacen/Tahiri & J/J - REALLY Important posting anouncement!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by AERYN_SUN, Apr 26, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AERYN_SUN

AERYN_SUN Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 1, 2001
    Trickster (CH1)
    By obi's girl

Summary: Jaina will be more pregnant; she will have become pregnant by the end of Mended. Anakin will be thrown by the news of Jacen/Tahiri's engagement. He acts happy for them but secretly, he plots for Tahiri to make Jacen jealous of her relationship with Anakin, that eventually, he hopes will tear them apart and Tahiri will go back to Anakin.

Hero was Jacen's story, Mended was Tahiri's and now Trickster, the conclusion to the trilogy, is Anakin's story.

~~

One thing you learn from life is that there's a consequence for everything, an after effect...

Luke Skywalker huffed, leaning back against the couch. His nephew had left hours ago, leaving him only with some tidbits about his parents and the Jedi. As a Jedi Master, Luke knew very little about the Old Order. The only link he had to that time was his old Master, Obi-Wan Kenobi but Obi-Wan hadn't visited him in a long time.

He had doubts in the beginning of what he was doing was right, but now the Jedi were split. Politically, there were Jedi that still felt the Vong threat should be eliminated completely and Serleena should have been executed, but Luke wasn't sure. He didn't want to base his decision solely on the wishes of the media. But now, he wished he had.

"Stop second-guessing yourself, Luke," Mara interrupted him, carrying Ben in her arms. She smiled warmly at him, shifting her weight, "How did the discussion with Anakin go? Was it helpful?"

Luke shrugged, smiling, "I don't know...I mean, I do know more about my parents than I did years ago. Now, I know that Obi-Wan wasn't the one that discovered my father as well had thought."

"And?" she added.

"And," he said, "There's a reason why he crossed over to the Darkside and that it wasn't Obi-Wan's fault."

Mara grunted, "So the old man didn't mess up? Interesting. If Obi-Wan didn't do anything wrong, that must mean teenage Anakin did something to disobey the Council and his Master. But I can't think of thing he'd do to defy them."

"I can," Luke smiled, "He married my mother in secret. Mara, Jedi were forbidden to love. Jedi Padawan's are supposed to devote their time to the Order. In a way, a marriage is a political dilemma, especially if it was outside of the Order and Anakin's marriage was."

Mara was silent for a moment, "You think our Anakin will act the same way if Jacen and Tahiri get any closer than they already are?"

"Anakin Solo cross over to the Darkside? I doubt that'll happen. Anakin's learned a lot since he's come back...he's grown up. And he's nothing like his namesake, he wouldn't do that," Luke retorted.

"Hmm, like he couldn't rape Tahiri when he did?" Mara whispered, "Luke, you know he was responsible for that and yet you say, it isn't possible for him to cross over when in fact, our Ani has already had a little taste of it."

Luke shrugged, "He feels bad about what he did, Mara. That has to say something about his guilt. If he didn't feel bad, yes, I would say he's crossed over."

"Luke, Anakin doesn't have to feel bad about what he did to cross over. He loved Tahiri very much and I suspect, he still loves her. If marrying the woman he loved drove Anakin Skywalker to dark side, there's no reason why our Anakin won't do the same thing," she paused, raising an eyebrow, "Don't forget. History has the knack of repeating itself sometimes."

~~

Anakin Solo trembled, hunched in a dark corner of his apartment. He didn't want to see or talk to anyone; he just wanted to be alone but his conscious wouldn't leave him alone. He'd raped Tahiri and almost killed his own brother. Anakin had known about the Darkside his whole life but this was the first time, he'd actually come very close to it. Yes, he'd tapped into his dark powers. He used them to fight his brother on the Chameleon and knock his sister unconscious so she wouldn't be hurt.

But he didn't want to hurt anyone and he especially regretted the confrontation with Tahiri. What happened between them will haunt him forever. This was his punishment, his mem

2. AERYN_SUN

Apr 1, 2001
    Up!

~aeryn

3. Elfsheen

Elfsheen Jedi Knight star 5

Feb 9, 2003
    I started to read Hero a while back, because it was one of the first, or at least the first here, Jacen/Tahiri stories and while I liked the beginning, it disliked where it went. The whole thing with Anakin coming back and what he became... well i didn't like it very much. I can't exactly say why, but a stories needs to click for me to like it, and after a while hero stopped clicking and I stopped reading.

This is no comment on your writing, just that I didn't like the story.

4. AERYN_SUN

Apr 1, 2001
    that's fair, elfsheen. i didn't really have a plan when i wrote hero, so i understand what you're saying.

~aeryn

5. Elfsheen

Elfsheen Jedi Knight star 5

Feb 9, 2003
    Good. I probably would have loved the story if Anakin didn't turn out the way he did. I like triangle's but they're very hard to write and you'll always have people who don't like it...

6. forceaddict

forceaddict Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 20, 2002
    great post, i don't know what i want to happen, but i can't wait to read more

7. AERYN_SUN

Apr 1, 2001
    I have a whole bulk of Trickster already written up, and some ideas for some later chapters, so posting, won't be months apart.

Also, eventually, I'll post on a schedule too so you all will know when to check out this board for new posts.

~aeryn

8. AERYN_SUN

Apr 1, 2001
    Trickster (CH2)
    By obi's girl

Summary: Jaina has a little encounter with a ghost!

Meditating alone in her apartment, Jaina Solo-Fel sighed. This was where she belonged, resting peacefully in the bed she shared with her husband, Jagged Fel. Of course, Jag wasn't there. He was busy filing reports with Uncle Wedge. Now Jag and Jaina were married, Wedge was her Uncle too.

The two of them had been married a week now, their one-week anniversary. Jaina smiled and then frowned, her hand resting on her stomach. She hadn't expected to become pregnant so early, but she was. Also, Jaina wasn't sure when she had become pregnant. Yes, she felt something was different inside of her but she could have been with child for a couple weeks and never realized it.

Jaina sat up, sitting at the edge of the bed. He didn't have to know right away, she realized, besides, I need to know exactly when this happened before I tell him anything.

"This doesn't need to be a difficult situation," she mused, "I can handle this. I can handle this -- except of course if I were having twins instead," she cried, falling back onto the bed, slapping her face.

I thought you would have been more stable than this; I'm shocked.

Jaina immediately bolted up again, her hand leaving her stomach and reaching for her lightsaber instead. Her eyes searched the room but as far as she could tell, she was alone but Jaina knew someone was there. Or something was there.

Put away your lightsaber, besides you really can't kill a ghost. The voice replied.

Jaina grunted, still handling her lightsaber as a bright blue light manifested in front of her. She stared at it for a moment; he wasn't anyone she recognized however, she knew he was a Jedi.

My name is Qui-Gon Jinn, Jedi Master,

She shrugged, "Probably important to you but I have no idea who you are,"

He laughed, crossing his arms under his cloak, Nope, I didn't expect you to be familiar with my name. All the Jedi Archives were destroyed after the Purge...

"Purge," she repeated, "You're from the Old Order,"

I am.

"So, why are you here bothering me? Ya know, my Uncle?s right down the hall. He's dying to know everything about the Old Order. You can bother him instead. I need my sleep. Excuse me," Jaina retorted, disengaging her lightsaber.

Qui-Gon laughed, I came to talk to you, Jaina Solo. Not your Uncle.

She looked at him curiously, "Do you even know who my Uncle is? He's Luke Skywalker, so go bother him. Go, just float or whatever you ghost Jedi do to get around. Go."

Seriously, I need to talk to you Jaina. It's about your pregnancy.

Jaina laughed, "No, we're not gonna talk about that because that is my business. Not yours."

Jaina, you've been pregnant for 3 months! he cried, The reason you didn't realize you were before was because you and Jag weren't ready to know. Now, the two of you are married, I thought you deserved to know.

"Wait a minute, I've been pregnant for 3 months but didn't know about it because I wasn't ready?" she retorted, "What made you decide to run my life from your un-dead life?"

He shrugged, Jaina, your pregnancy was known to all in the afterlife. Why wouldn't it? You are the granddaughter of Anakin Skywalker,

Jaina rolled her eyes, not really impressed she was related to Anakin. Her shoulders dropped and looked at Qui-Gon again, "You said you've been watching me? What does that mean?"

He shrugged, Everyone has a guardian angel, Jaina Solo and I'm yours. Qui-Gon smiled again, Oh, one more thing before you go. You should talk to Kyp Durron.

"Kyp? Why?"

Just talk to him. He may or may not know you're pregnant.He concluded but before Jaina could question him further, he disappeared.

tbc

9. JainaJag00

JainaJag00 Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 11, 2002
    i wonder wats up with that...

10. forceaddict

Sep 20, 2002
    interesting, great work

11. AERYN_SUN

Apr 1, 2001
    don't worry, jj. all will be explained.

~aeryn

12. AERYN_SUN

Apr 1, 2001
    Trickster (CH3)
    by obi's girl

Anakin Solo watched as Tycho took Serleena into the cell area. The trial was over but Serleena's fate was still undecided. No one knew he was there but Serleena turned slightly and smiled at him before entering her cell. Anakin lowered his hood as Tycho and the two guards left the area.

He wasn't supposed to be there since it was a maximum-security prison but he wanted to see her. As he approached the door, one of the guards immediately stood up, crossing his arms, "Sorry Jedi, this part of the building is locked off to the public. No one is allowed in there."

Anakin waved his hand, "You will allow me to pass and forget this ever happened."

"I will allow you to pass and forget this ever happened," he repeated, turning and sliding his ident card through the lock.

Anakin smiled, passing through the corridor, stopping at Serleena's cell. "Serleena," he commanded.

Serleena snaked her head around, looking at Anakin, "What do you want, little one?"

He shrugged, removing his hood, "I want to talk to you about your work on the Chameleon."

"I told the court all they needed to know about my affiliation with the Warmaster -- and I'm not about to talk to a kid about 'What's right and what's wrong.'

"Kid? I'm a lot more than a kid. I'm a Jedi Knight." Anakin retorted.

She nodded, rolling her eyes, "I don't care if you're a Jedi -- I'm still not talking to you."

"I heard, I heard you asked my brother for sanctuary from the Vong. I can grant you sanctuary if you'll cooperate," he said but Serleena was silent, "There won't be another trial so you don't have to worry about that but your future, your survival can be secured."

"Why would you help me? What do you have to gain?" she asked, "Little Jedi,"

Anakin shrugged, "Don't call me that. I haven't been a Jedi in a long time...I don't even deserve the title after what I've done."

"What have you done? It can't be anymore serious that what I've done," she mused, "You Jedi are all about the light. You can never do wrong."

"I have," he choked, "I've hurt someone I loved very deeply, but now I must pay for my sins."

Serleena cocked her head, smiling, "What would you like to call you then, besides little Jedi?"

"A name? I can't tell you my real name -- that's too much of a security risk if you ever talk," he paused, "Trickster. Call me Trickster."

She laughed, "That's blasphemy. You're not a goddess, you're a male. Only the goddess Yun-Harla has that title."

He shrugged, "Technically, we defeated your people so I can use the name if I wish to."

"Very well," she bowed, "You are...you have become the 'Trickster,' and I am your loyal servant. I will tell you everything you need to know about the project if you can ensure my future in the republic."

"Thank you, Lady Serleena. Your services are greatly appreciated." he concluded.

tbc

Trickster (CH4)
    by obi's girl

Jaina Solo fidgeted as she entered the bay. She knew it was silly to listen to a Jedi Master she hardly knew about but Qui-Gon was right. If Kyp did know she was pregnant, the information could leak to Jag. Parenthood wasn't something that Jaina expected to come later in her marriage, maybe 5 years down the line or something but now, it was just too soon.

"Kyp," Jaina started, standing beside his x-wing, "I just wanted to stop by and say sorry. I'm sorry you had to find out about Wurth's death that way,"

He shrugged, "At least now I know the warmaster alone wasn't responsible, but it really doesn't matter anymore since all Vong have left our space."

Jaina frowned, noticing his things were packed, "Where are you going?"

Kyp turned to her, stepping down the ladder, "Master Skywalker asked me to scout alternative places for the Jedi, in case Yavin was unsalvagable and it mostly is,"

"Kyp, I need to ask you something important," Jaina started, "When you sat beside me during the trial, my mind was somewhere else. Um, what I'm trying to say is - were you easedropping on my feelings?"

"Did I hear any

13. JainaJag00

JainaJag00 Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 11, 2002
  14. Whitey

Whitey Jedi Master star 6

Jan 26, 2003
    Interesting...

However, I still believe Anakin and Tahiri should be together.

15. forceaddict

Sep 20, 2002
    great work

and i'm with whitey

hey whitey, that is something i don't think i'll be saying that often, :D

16. AERYN_SUN

Apr 1, 2001
    Trickster (CH5)
    "New Beginnings"

by obi's girl

Tahiri smiled, kissing Jacen as he held her in his arms. She needed this moment; so much had happened in the last couple days. She had lost her innocence a long time ago, long before the Vong war ever started. She wasn't a naive young blonde anymore full of energy. She had grown up. She kissed Jacen again, sitting up a bit.

"What is it?" he asked.

She shrugged, "I don't know -- don't you think we're moving too fast?"

Jacen shrugged, looking down, "You don't want to merry me?"

"No Jacen," she cried, bracing his neck again and kissed him, "I love you so much. I just think we're moving too fast. Marriage is still a really big step, and I'm not sure if we're both ready for that,"

He nodded, brushing her blonde bangs aside, "I understand what you mean but I think we're prepared for it. We know each other so well, Tahiri and we're both so much in love. Marriage is the next step,"

"I'm still not sure, Jacen...how about if we both just take some time apart and think about it?" Tahiri asked, kissing his forehead, "I will always be here Jacen. Never question that; I just need time. Please love, just give me time,"

He smiled, kissing her back, "I love you, Tahiri -- and I wouldn't want to push into anything you're not ready for,"

Tahiri smiled, kissing him again and hugging him, "Thank you, Jacen. Thank you."

~~

Jaina Solo huffed, falling back onto her bed. Kyp knew she was pregnant but how was she going to tell her husband? She'd always imagined children, a son or daughter on the way, but never too soon. What worried her the most was if she and Jag were ready. She shrugged, sitting up again as Jag walked in. "Hey," she whispered, her hand leaving her stomach as she smiled at him.

Jag turned to her, smiling, "Hello Mrs. Fel and how was your day?"

Jaina giggled. Mrs. Jaina Fel. It was weird. She was still Jaina but she was a different Jaina, a Fel but always a Solo at heart, "I've been busy...Um Jag, there's something I have to tell you."

Jag frowned, immideatly sitting next to her and taking her hands in his, "What is it?"

"It's very important - it could affect our the rest of our lives but you deserve to know. Jag, I'm pregnant," she paused, looking down, "I've been pregnant for a long time it looks, long before we got married but I didn't know." Jaina bit her lip as Jag sat still, looking down as well. "Jag, say something please?"

"How long have you been pregnant?" he asked.

"Three months -- I know, how could I not know? Would you believe that a higher power didn't want me to know because we both weren't ready to know? Jag, I want this baby. I just wasn't sure if I was ready; if we were ready,"

Jagged Fel smiled, kissing his wife's cheek, "We are ready Jaina...Three months. That means we just have a couple more get through, right?"

Jaina nodded, "Six at the most, I hope," she paused, kissing him, "Hey look at it this way, this stuff will be over even before it finished. Six months are nothing."

tbc

17. forceaddict

Sep 20, 2002
    great work, jag took that well

18. AERYN_SUN

Apr 1, 2001
    He took the news very well :D

~aeryn

19. AERYN_SUN

Apr 1, 2001
    Up!

~aeryn

20. Whitey

Jan 26, 2003
    Great work, Aeryn.

But one question:

Aren't women usually pregnant for 9 months? 8-} 3 months + 4 months = 7 months. ;)

21. AERYN_SUN

Apr 1, 2001
    Fixed it!

Here's the next chapter, too:

Trickster (CH6)
    Revelations
    By obi's girl

Luke Skywalker huffed, taking a sip of his caf as he looked over the potential planets. Even though the universe was free, he knew there was a possibility Yavin IV wasn't salvageable. The Vong had already done a lot of damage and if the planet couldn't be saved, he had to start looking for a new home for the Jedi.

And funding. Before the war, the Jedi were beginning to loose support in the senate - the same senate that provided the funding to start his Praxeum to begin with. He huffed again as Mara sat down beside him, followed by Corran. He looked up, smiling at his wife and friend.

"Found one yet?" Corran asked, fingering his mug.

Luke shrugged, setting the data cards aside, "I don't know, Corran. They're all really good, stable planets but ---"

"They're not Yavin IV," Mara finished, "Luke, face it. Yavin IV may not even exist if when we get back there and if it doesn't, we need a new home,"

"Mara's right, Luke," Corran added, "So, let's look at what we have," he said, grabbing some data pads from him.

Luke shrugged, "I sent Kyp to look at the planets to see if they're inhabitable,"

Mara grunted, smiling at Luke, "And how long will Kyp be gone?"

"I don't know. A while, I guess," he said and then smiled, "Why do you ask?"

"Nothing, nothing -- just as long as he stays away from my niece and nephew-in-law for eternity. I don't want him anywhere near Jaina. I don't trust him," she paused, "We all have enough problems to deal with,"

Corran shrugged, leaning back, "I think Kyp's done all right and I do think he's grown up a lot. But then again, we've all had to grow up since this war started and started acting like adults," he paused, looking through the data pads and set one on the table, "What about this one?"

Luke leaned forward, picking up the data card Corran put down and frowned, "Naboo? I can't believe it's still around.."

"May not have a lot of tourism but the place hasn't been blown up or anything,"

Luke nodded, smiling, "No, that wasn't what I meant -- I just," he paused, looking at Mara, "I talked with Anakin earlier. I wanted to ask him about the Jedi he'd met while he was up there but the subject of my parents came up and I was intrigued. I hadn't realized there was someone up there that knew about them,"

"So what did you find out?" Corran asked, looking at Mara.

"My mother was from Naboo - that's why I was shocked when you said the planet was still around. I thought it might have been blown up or dropped out of existence." Luke said.

Corran nodded, "What was her name, then?"

"What?" Luke echoed, staring at the description of the planet.

Corran smiled, glancing at Mara, "I asked her what was her name? What was your mother's name?"

Luke smiled, looking up at his friend, "Padme. Padme Naberrie. She was a Senator at the start of the Clone Wars. In those days, Jedi were forbidden to love but Anakin and Padme married anyway. They were married for three years and then as the Clone Wars ended, Anakin crossed over to the dark side," he paused, leaning back, "I remember on Endor when I talked to Leia and told her about our family. I asked her if she remembered her mother, what she looked like but she was too young to remember. And now I know a little bit more about her - she was a Senator and a Queen."

"Wait a minute? Your mother was a Queen, too?" Corran questioned, "She must have been special,"

"She was Queen of Naboo. After her term ended, her people wanted to rewrite the constitution so she could stay but she left office and became a Senator," he paused, "She believed in peace and the idea that everything had a solution,"

Mara smiled, "You want to go there, don't you?" Luke turned to her, "I mean, Naboo. You want to go there and see what's there?"

Luke shrugged, "I'd love too but she's probably not even there anymore or alive even," he paused, "Remember, she took Leia and moved to Alderaan. She probably died when the planet was destroy

22. tendra_217

tendra_217 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 13, 2002
    Intriguing beginning, Keep up the good work

23. forceaddict

Sep 20, 2002
    great work, so what will kyp find on naboo, keep up the great work

24. Whitey

Jan 26, 2003
    Great work.

I have one little problem though. How did Mara presume that Leia was raised by a handmaiden so quickly? It seemed sort of rushed, IMHO.

//gunshoot

OW! That really hurt.

25. AERYN_SUN

Apr 1, 2001
    Whitey, you like asking questions, don't you? :D Okay, I'll say this, it's a plot point. That's all I'm saying.

Now, the next chapter:

Trickster (CH7)
    "A New Future"

By obi's girl

Kyp Durron briefly rubbed his forehead as he sat in the cockpit of his x-wing. The Jedi Master had been through a lot lately, a lot of pain and disappointment. He'd learned that his best friend was raped and murdered and the one who was responsible was still alive under military protection, also that Jaina Solo, his apprentice was pregnant with Jagged Fel's child.

He could handle himself when Jaina told him she married Jag a week ago, but now she was pregnant with Jag's child. Kyp grunted, he'd always liked Jaina --- it was hard not to notice she'd grown up but she was always unreachable and now, she really was.

It's just as well, he thought, I don't need any more disappointments. I need to focus and help master Luke rebuild the Jedi. Kyp checked his coordinates.

Naboo.

Honestly, he'd never heard of the planet before but Luke called him earlier and asked him if he could check it out. Before leaving, Kyp had been able to look at brief histories of the planets, as well as environmental conditions. Environmental wasn't a problem as far as he was concerned since most planets were habitable anyway. But there was something about Naboo.

He checked the planet's history -- there was a large empty gap from last days of the Republic to when Emperor Palpatine proclaimed himself Emperor.

Kyp shrugged, glancing at the white planet below. He could sense something about Naboo but he couldn't quite figure out what it was he was feeling.

~~

Jaina Fel gasped as she slept beside her husband. She leaned over, looking at Jag's face and then sat up, grabbing a robe and walked into the main room of their apartment. She sighed, resting a hand on her stomach as she went to the kitchen, grabbing a glass and filling it with milk. Jaina leaned on the counter as she drank.

Couldn't sleep?

Jaina turned, expecting to see Jag but shrieked when she saw Qui-Gon instead. Jaina pulled the robe tighter around her waist, putting the glass of milk down, "I know you're a ghost, but you're not supposed to sneak up on a pregnant woman like that!"

He shrugged, smiling, Sorry, Qui-Gon paused, Did you talk to Kyp?

She nodded, looking down, "I did. He assured me he wouldn't say anything to my parents or my aunt and uncle until I was ready to," Jaina paused, leaning on the counter, "Let me ask you a question. You said I've been pregnant for three months - does that mean you know if I'm going to have a girl or a boy, or twins? I really want to know now so at least later, I won't have such a hard time adjusting,"

Qui-Gon smiled, Fraternal twins. One girl and one boy; the girl is older and very strong in the Force. The boy, well, it's still too early. I think his potential will probably arrive late in life,

"Well, I'm glad I know. Twins, perfect," she mumbled, "I guess you can't figure out their personality either, can you?"

No, that's something they will develop later, he paused, Don't worry so much, Jaina. They're both going to be great Jedi someday. You'd be very proud of them.

She smiled, "I know I will," Jaina suddenly frowned, looking down again.

Qui-Gon frowned, What is it?

She shrugged, "I don't know --- I guess I just feel a little cheated, ya know. You knew I was pregnant, the entire netherworld knew except me. I mean yes, I did feel something but I didn't know I was three months pregnant. I thought it was still early,"

We had to hide it from you. With the war going on and your father hating your husband, probably still does, it was too dangerous for you to know. Just think if the Vong ever found out you were pregnant; they'd kidnap the twins and mold them into something terrible. It almost happened to Luke's son and could have happened to your little ones,

"I understand," she whispered, shrugging and then smiled, "Twins,

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.