main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga Coming Home- A Short Obi/Qui AU Drama COMPLETE 12.30

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by LuvEwan, May 2, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LuvEwan

LuvEwan Jedi Master star 4

Mar 24, 2002
    Coming Home
    By LuvEwan

---

After a long, traumatic assignment, Knight Obi-Wan is allowed to come home.
    AU.

---

pg-13

---

disclaimer: all recognizable characters and settings are strictly the property of George Lucas. I receive no profit whatsoever from the sharing of these works.

---

The lights were dimmed to a trembling glow, spilling warm amber incandescence on the huddled figure.

The din of mechanical beeping, steady and constant, permeated the silence. When he took a step closer, the heart monitor worked faster to track the frantic beating.

Mace shook his head slowly. "Shh?" He soothed, and reached out a hand.

Obi-Wan quivered beneath his thin sleepclothes. He sat on the hospital cot, slumped back propped against the wall, knees pressed to his chest.

His head was bowed, a curtain of soft ginger concealing weary eyes.

But the bruises, dark splotches of violet and blue, were not so easily hidden. They stood out on paled ivory skin, grim reminders of blows unblocked, of pain endured.

Other injuries, some far more serious, lay under the shroud of clean, sterile hospital gown. They all were treated with the precision and care expected of the renowned Temple healers. Bacta was applied to each laceration, spread coolly over every tender contusion. Shattered bones were mended, fever reduced.

But now, as the mahogany-skinned Council member studied the Knight, he saw that something in Obi-Wan sorely needed to be tended.

Abruptly, a pair of cerulean eyes drifted up to him, bejeweled gaze haunted with the shadow of melancholy. Dark crescents rimmed those eyes. His breaths came in ragged pants. His fingers curled tight around the loose sleeves, shaking.

Mace touched a swelled, pallid cheek.

Obi-Wan flinched, fine beads of moisture tracing a path down his face. He shuddered weakly.

It was a devastating sight. Kenobi was perhaps the most valued Knight currently in the Order. His inherent skill with a lightsaber was only rivaled with his intellectual prowess. He approached situations with caution, courage and a dry wit. Charm sparkled in his distinct, young visage. Compassion flowed through his veins.

He was the epitome of a Jedi.

And, the very definition of a good man.

But this form huddled in the dark, drained of his natural, beautiful light, was a shell. A mockery of the true soul buried beneath the suffering.

The healers could alleviate his discomfort, could cure his aches?

Yet, in Master Windu's memory, there was only one way to ease the malady afflicting this gentle mind.

---

**I know, I'm crazy. But I'm beyond help, so just indulge me and review. 8-}

2. Captain_Observant

Captain_Observant Jedi Master star 2

Dec 15, 2002
    All I can say is WOW!!
    You are truely amazing and I wait for an update on this just as I wait for an update on all of your other works!!!
    Please don't make me wait long!!

3. dianethx

dianethx Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 1, 2002
    YOu're doing another one!!!??? Are you crazy woman??? You ARE beyond help!!! I have a hard enough time with one and you've got..what...3 fics now or is it four going simultaneously? I just hope that you won't drop the other ones.

Good job so far. What did you mean "allowed to come home"? What timeperiod are we talking? Is Qui-Gon alive or dead in this one? Is Anakin his apprentice or not? Inquiring minds want to know....

4. Freakizimi

Freakizimi Jedi Master star 1

Mar 7, 2003
    Now, this is going to be hard..what do I say to this one... :p
    Of course, the usual...MORE PLEASE!
    (Bizarre, I sound like some kind of greedy 5 yr old... how old am I again? :) )
    :D

5. JediKnickers

JediKnickers Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 11, 2003
    yay,i found it!!! another one! YEESSS! i love your fics! *gulp* what's wrong with our favorite jedi? :_|

6. jedi_nayru

jedi_nayru Jedi Master star 1

Oct 4, 2002
    Amazing start!

I can't wait to read more!

7. CYNICAL21

CYNICAL21 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 8, 2001
    Personally, I think you're nuts - who can keep up with so many plotlines? But, as always, when you do it, you do it with style. Marvelous, angsty image; can I PLEEEZE take him home and make it all better? [face_love]

CYN

8. Sheila

Sheila Jedi Master star 4

Oct 6, 2002
    I am so glad you mentioned this on your other thread or I may have missed it and that just wouldn't do. :mad:

Marvelous work as always LE. The image you paint of Obi-Wan is heartbreaking. I cannot wait to see where you go from here.

Crazy? Well, maybe a little but your stories are always a pleasure to read so who am I to complain. You keep writing and I will keep coming back for more. :)

9. PaddyJuan

PaddyJuan Jedi Master star 4

Nov 15, 2002
    hmmm, not enough to base a valid decision on. I will need a few more samples before I can decide whether i like it or not.

WELL?!!! what are you waiting for? Post more NOW so that i can take another sample,
    and another,
    and another,

grins

10. rundownstars

rundownstars Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 23, 2003
    squeeeeeeeeeee!

you have another story that i am absolutely hooked on! now, there's one problem here .. we need more! a lot more! so much more that .. uh .. yes! more!

something really bad must have happened to obi-wan .. while on a mission, i suppose? and you say it's AU .. so does this mean anakin is qui-gon's apprentice? aah! i have questions galore, but i'll wait 'till the next post. heh.

and i do think you should post soon! only up for two days .. and you got so many replies? this story seems to be a hit already! must post! soon! *explodes.*

[face_laugh] [face_love]

11. LuvEwan

Mar 24, 2002
    ***This is going to be a pleasure to write, so look for updates often. [face_blush] Thank you for all the wonderful feedback. It reminds me why I write in the first place. **

Captain_Observant Thank you! [face_love]

diane So many questions...but will they be answered? 8-} And crazy? Okay, I admit it.

Freak [face_laugh]

JediKnickers I guess you'll just have to wait and see! :)

jedi_nayru :D

CYN who can keep up with so many plotlines? Um, excuuuuuse me? This coming from the woman with, let's count 'em...one, two, three stories going herself? [face_mischief] Not that I'm complaining...Heck, if it were up to me, you'd spent all your time writing your delicious Obi fics! :D

Shiela I'm SO glad you didn't miss it. The threads are never as good without your input. ;) And I'll keep writing as long as I have people reading.

Froggy Hope this 'sample' is good for ya!

stars ***sighs happily*** I'm ecstatic to inform you that Ani IS NOT in this fic at all. Not for one itty bitty second!!!

All together now: Woo hoo!

---

Qui-Gon Jinn sat on the sofa, eyes fixed lazily on the fraying edge, where threads had loosened over the many years of its use.

Stretching on its length, his large frame snug but comfortable, listening to his first apprentice type furiously on a mission report that needed completing, complaining of everything from the stiff surface of the desk chair to the slow computer functions?

Watching his second student, the vibrant flash of a boy, obsidian hair flowing as he practiced the high level kata, hands gripping his weapon a bit too tightly, jade eyes pooling with a strange, dark determination?

Trying to slide from under the limp weight of this third Padawan, who had collapsed atop his Master after a long, tiring session in the spar arena, his brilliant eyes drooping, his hot breath somehow sweet, even with the sweat still slick on his skin?

And now, a man much older, chestnut hair streaked with gray, Qui-Gon rested.

There were new memories set in the well-loved couch, ingrained in the soft, worn brown material, but he was, truthfully, too weary to think of them.

Anakin Skywalker was bursting with undeniable energy, a bolt of fire blazing across the mind and heart of his Master.

Such a sudden change it had been, after that time of tranquility, like cool water trickling through his scorched soul from the last betrayal, like the blue beauty of that man-child's eyes?

He shook his head, as if the physical action would clear his mind. A short, soft beep alerted him that the tea was finished brewing.

He was heading toward the steaming kettle when a more startling buzz, that of his door's keypad, announced the arrival of a guest.

Qui-Gon glanced out the window. Coruscant scantly slept, and when the grand sweep of city finally did, it was gradual. The neon lights and blinking signs faded, but never quite dissipated among the natural darkness. Traffic ebbed, though cloud cars could still be caught zooming through the air, some leaving orange and scarlet ribbons of flame in their wake.

It was late.

Too late for a visitor, since the Temple had settled collectively to slumber some time before.

Brow crinkled, he hastened gracefully to answer the mechanical call, dressed in tan pajamas akin to his normal daywear. The Master pulled on his robe as he walked and smoothed his somewhat ruffled mane.

He increased the lighting from dim illumination to a brighter setting.

Then, Qui-Gon opened the door with a flicker of fingers.

---

Mace stood in the shadowy corridor, his smooth, hairless head gleaming. His eyes were piercing and focused?with an underlying weariness unusual for the Council Member. His thin lips were pursed. "Qui-Gon." He said simply.

The image of the man, however, paled when the towering Jedi saw the form bundled in his arms.

He frowned. "Mace--what--" He found words had fled his mind . Qui-Gon stared down at the sm

12. dianethx

Mar 1, 2002
    Okay, LE - what is going on? First Obi is "allowed" to come home and now Qui-Gon is talking about the last betrayal. Which betrayal - Xan's or did Obi-Wan do something? Hummmmm, i guess I'll find out soone enough....

13. CYNICAL21

CYNICAL21 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 8, 2001
    Oh, what images you create, LE. What I'd give just to be able to be a spider on the wall - just to watch! I think I was a voyeur in another life. :D

BTW - heads up, All. Ewan is on Leno Friday night.

CYN

14. Sheila

Oct 6, 2002
    I can tell you are going to rip my heart out with this one LE. Your heartbreaking images of Obi-Wan alone are enough but to have Qui-Gon sitting there remembering all of his Padawans only to find Mace carrying one to his door a moment later. :_|

I am glad you plan on updating often because I cannot wait for more. :)

15. LuvEwan

Mar 24, 2002
    Hey! Look! My story's on the 'headlines' box at the bottom of the page, just above Ewan! [face_shocked]

16. TheSwedishJedi

TheSwedishJedi Jedi Master star 4

Sep 15, 2001
    Beautiful but I need more. And Qui-Gon better not be a blockhead as he is in a lot of other fics. I'm starting to get tired of the thick-headed, cold hearted Master instead of the aloft but warm and caring one. Anywho...

Back to the main reason for this post, need MORE!

~Swede :p

17. PadawanKitara

PadawanKitara Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 31, 2001
    um...uh... need more

18. JediKnickers

Apr 11, 2003
    aww.. :( i agree with TheSwedishJedi- Qui better be nice to Obi or I'll hit him on the head with a plastic lightsaber. And I love how you included Mace in this fic, too. Hoping for more,

-JK

19. Hananiah

Hananiah Jedi Master star 4

Jan 15, 2003
    This story is rocks I love the decription of Obi Wan being the epitome of a Jedi he really is. I want more!

20. LuvEwan

Mar 24, 2002
    **Here's another update y'all. ;)
    And oh my gosh Ewan is DROP DEAD GORGEOUS in 'Down with Love'!!!***

diane This story's not really about betrayal...I'll leave that topic in your capable hands! :D

CYN [face_shocked] WOW! Congratulations, CYN! I can't think of anyone more deserving of the award than you. Your stories are simply breathtaking...keep em coming! ;) Ahhh...and can't wait for Leno on Friday. There's also a Behind the Scenes of Down with Love special on E! tomorrow, 5.8, at 5:30 (Arizona time).

Shiela It's going to be a real, real pleasure describing Obi in this fic, especially since that's a major component of the fic itself. [face_blush] And I'm thinking I can update as often as I am already, except maybe during finals next week! :_|

Swede I like a combination of the different attributes described in fics when it comes to Qui. I don't think he's a complete jerk (like Ani), but he's definitely not perfect (like Obi! [face_blush] ). He couldn't be a total moron, or Obi wouldn't idolize him so. Thanks for reading!

PK um...uh..okay! 8-}

JediKnickers The Mace ends here. In this new post. He's an okay character, but definitely not major in the fic. Sorry to disappoint anyone. ;) And a plastic saber!!! [face_shocked] Run for your life, Qui!!! [face_laugh]

Hananiah I love the decription of Obi Wan being the epitome of a Jedi he really is. I thought he was too! :D

---

Mace stepped into the apartment. Qui-Gon moved briskly ahead, disappearing into his bedroom.

Obi-Wan's weight had decreased rapidly, but the burden was still considerable for the tired man to bare. He lowered him to the overstuffed sofa, the gaunt body boneless.

"Here." Qui-Gon rumbled softly. Very gently, he lifted his former Padawan's head, slipping a pillow beneath.

The movements caused brief alarm to twist Obi-Wan's features. Qui-Gon shushed him while tucking the robe around his chest. Then, still leaning over the sleeping Knight, he ghosted a tender touch along his golden forehead.

He turned to meet Mace Windu's intense eyes. "Sit. Please."

Mace complied wordlessly, slumping in an armchair and tipping his head against the cushioned backing.

Qui-Gon sat on the free space beside Obi-Wan's naked feet. His posture was rigid with concern, the planes of his face a contrast in light and dark. "Mace, what has happened?"

There was a heavy sigh. Strong, slim fingers tented out of habit. "A mission. A relatively high risk mission. The planet, largely unknown, had just been accepted into the Republic and---"

Qui-Gon's brow curled. "But I haven't heard of any recent additions to the Republic. I keep up with such things as well as I can."

Mace shook his head. "This happened?a while ago."

Dread stirred in midnight blue eyes, though he quieted.

"N'h'ago was a questionable entry, due to its unstableness. Two factions war constantly over every issue, no matter its trivial value. Most of these fights escalate to violence. " He swallowed hard. "People were dying, Qui-Gon. Bystanders, innocents mixed up or brainwashed.

"And elections are the worst arena for battle. Obi-Wan was sent to oversee them. After a few days there, he sent some private transmissions expressing his opinion concerning the two candidates. He believed one was deeply corrupt, perhaps even involved in serious criminal activity.

"Somehow, the faction this candidate belonged to was tipped off. Obi-Wan was injured badly by---several blaster bolts to his leg, midsection and chest. " Mace's disgust was obvious; his rich voice fumbled over the words. "They took him to a deserted, closed-in area, while the faction declared their enemies had kidnapped the Jedi."

Qui-Gon's fists clenched tighter as he listened. His breaths seemed razors slicing his throat.

"Obi-Wan was also their enemy. And they didn't treat him kindly.

"A neutral source alerted the Council of Obi-Wan's disappearance. I was dispatc

21. JediKnickers

Apr 11, 2003
    heh. I knew if I waited, hunted for DWL commercials, and reread everything you've written, a post would come. :) ..wonder why we enjoy reading/writing things that frequently harm/torture/come close to killing the most gorgeous guys so much. [face_devil] Have I mentioned how ecstatic I am that Anakin's completely OUT of the picture??? and that Qui is actually NICE here?

22. dianethx

Mar 1, 2002
    What!!! You're torturing poor Obi-Wan again. That poor guy...it's a wonder that he survived to old age...LOL.

So he was in enemy hands for a while and has cuts and bruises in ...many places. Oh dear. No wonder he is catatonic. If anyone can help him, Qui can.

Looking forward to more...

23. ObiLegolas

ObiLegolas Jedi Youngling star 3

May 15, 2002
    Great fic so far! So glad I found it. Hope to see more soon!

24. Sheila

Oct 6, 2002
    No one portrays a loving relationship between Obi-Wan and Qui-Gon better than you LE. You have painted such a heartbreaking picture so far, I am glad Qui-Gon is so willing to help Obi-Wan. I am more than relieved that Anakin is away on a solo mission. If he is old enough for a solo mission than I assume several years have passed since Obi-Wan's knighting, correct?

Great job so far. Good luck on those finals, just remember summer break is right around the corner. :D

25. Freakizimi

Freakizimi Jedi Master star 1

Mar 7, 2003
    Yesss! Ani the baby Sith is not here! Yessss! :D Just as well really, because if he was here, no doubt he'd throw a tantrum and drive a wedge between Obi-Wan and Qui-Gon because he's not the centre of attention anymore... Aww, poor baby... :p
    :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.