main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga Breathe AU/TPM (Obi/Qui) (Obi-angst/torture) *New Post*

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by KrystalBlaze, May 4, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KrystalBlaze

KrystalBlaze Jedi Master star 5

Aug 3, 2002
    Author: KrystalBlaze
    Title:Breathe
    Timeline: TPM
    SUMMARY: Obi-Wan left the Jedi Order three years ago under dangerous circumstances. Now on Naboo, he finds himself facing off against two enemies: his former Master, Qui-Gon Jinn, and a dark force he thought was gone forever.
    Notes: Repost

Disclaimer- the song is "Breathe" by Nickelback off of ?The State? CD. Chad Kroeger wrote it. All other rules apply.

PROLOUGE

BREATHE

And now I found it?found I adored it
    I didn?t want this, can somebody help me see?
    And know I feel that?feel I?ve been there
    I don?t need this,can somebody help me stand?
    And now I told him, already warned him
    I didn?t want this, can somebody help me breathe?

- Breathe, Nickelback

"You can?t do this, Obi-Wan. "

Qui-Gon Jinn?s voice was timid, yet firm. His twenty-five-year-old apprentice stood with his back to him, his arms crossed and his back rigid and stiff.

"Obi-Wan? Did you hear me?"

Obi-Wan did not respond. He made no move to show that he had even heard Qui-Gon.

Qui-Gon felt a flash of anger flare within him. This was disrespect in its highest form. He sat on the edge of the bed, not moving. He didn?t want to upset Obi-Wan but at the same time he wanted to stand and shake the man.

"I have passed the trials," Obi-Wan said suddenly.

"What?" Qui-Gon?s voice held the shock that mirrored his face. He made a move to sit up, but then thought better of it.

Suddenly angry, Obi-Wan spun on his heels, allowing Qui-Gon to see his bruised face and his swollen eye. " Yes, Master, I passed the trials. Two days ago, in fact. " His blue-gray eyes burned with anger and determination.

" Padawan-"

"Padawan?"" Obi-Wan?s voice jumped to accusation. " Padawan? With all due respect, isn?t Anakin your Padawan now? "

Shock registered on Qui-Gon?s face. Again, the disrespect. He would not tolerate it this time. " Obi-Wan, I will not be spoken to you in such a manner. You are just a Padawan-"

"A Knight " Obi-Wan interrupted with a smirk.

Qui-Gon wanted to hit the young man in front of him. Ever since the blockade of Naboo, they had distanced. And Qui-Gon knew it was absolutely Obi-Wan who had changed, not he. He didn?t even know why. Obi-Wan had complete shut him out. Before today, Qui-Gon had not seen his Padawan for the last two weeks.

"I believe I am leaving now, Master Jinn. " Obi-Wan?s voice was loathed with contempt. " I suppose I should say farewell. " His eyes mocked Qui-Gon. " Farewell. "

"What? Wait, don?t!"

Obi-Wan was all ready turning to leave. His steps were slow, and Qui-Gon noticed he had a sight limp. What happened to him?

Qui-Gon jumped up and reached for the comm unit on the wall. He had to make Obi-Wan talk to someone. It was clear to the Jedi Master Obi-Wan had no intent of listening to him.

Obi-Wan whirled around. His eyes flashed dangerously. He reached out his hand.

Qui-Gon gave a cry as he was thrown back. His feet caught the bed and he rolled over it at an alarming speed.

Obi-Wan withdrew his hand and then threw it violently out on front of him. In response, Qui-Gon continued his roll and slammed into the window behind him, cracking it and splitting the back of his head. He groaned, then collapsed to the ground, blood trailing down his back and stars dancing in his eyes

Obi-Wan watched him for a minute. His eyes were a furious shade of gray. He reached down and picked up his pack. He paused, then reached inside his tunic and withdrew a smooth ebony stone. His smile was wicked as he tossed it over the bed. It landed on Qui-Gon clenched fist, then bounced with a clatter on the wood.

"I believe you?ll be needing this more than I will, Master Jinn." He gave a vile laugh.

His stride was slow and heavy as he left the room.

Obi-Wan stepped out of the room and into the corridor. He checked the hallway and made sure no one was in sight. He walked quietly down the hall towards the turbo-lift that would take him to the lowest level of the Temple. He pressed the button and waited for

2. VadeyFan2002

VadeyFan2002 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 30, 2002
    Obi gave in to the Sith to fight them and to keep the Jedi, specially Qui and Ani safe?

Is Obi out of his mind?

Vadey

3. PatttyB0123

PatttyB0123 Former RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 2, 2003
    Welcome back I read you story before, and you stopped.
    Please post more thanks

4. jacen200015

jacen200015 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 11, 2002
    I'm back and rereading what you've written again so far.

5. Happy_Hobbit_Padawan

Happy_Hobbit_Padawan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 3, 2003
    I admit I was lurking on this story when it was posted on the other board. [face_blush] I'm glad you're going to continue it here, I'm eager to see how it all turns out! I think this opening chapter is one of the most intriguing I've come across! :D

6. KrystalBlaze

Aug 3, 2002
    BREATHE
    PART ONE:

THERE ARE ALWAYS DOUBTS

Qui-Gon walked down the corridor of the Temple in a good mood.

Today was his day. Today was a cause for celebration and joy. He wanted to leap and sing at the top of his lungs. Life was great, and life was grand. He smiled as he walked. Today would not be shamed by the shadow Qui-Gon could feel lurking in his mind because of the Last One.

Anakin turned thirteen today.

Today, Qui-Gon officially had a Padawan. A Padawan who would bring balance to the Force and live up to Qui-Gon?s expectations, and Qui-Gon did set them high. His Padawan was the Chosen One, the one who would cast out the dark and shine the galaxy with light. Yes, today was a great day.

Qui-Gon didn?t want to think about the one who had preceded Anakin. That one brought disrespect to all Jedi. The thought of him brought a bad taste to Qui-Gon?s mouth.

Qui-Gon loathed the man. To say his name was poison. So what if he had been Qui-Gon?s Padawan for twelve years? So what if he had loved him such as a son? So what if he had risked his life for Qui-Gon time after time? So what? Nothing about him mattered anymore. The very indication of his name was taboo. He wasn?t the Chosen One. He didn?t matter.

No one was as important as the Chosen One. Nothing was as important as the training of the Chosen One. Nothing and no one. Not even?

"Hello, Qui-Gon," Mace Windu said as he fell into step beside Qui-Gon.

Qui-Gon wanted to curse Mace for interrupting his thinking process. Not even?Mace Windu. Yes, yes. That fit perfectly. Just what he was thinking.

"Hello, Mace." Qui-Gon hoped Mace caught the impatient in his voice and took the hint. He needed to speak with Anakin. Anakin had a very special birthday gift waiting for him once he came to their apartments from classes?

Mace paused, but he pushed on. "The Council is expecting you in an hour to discuss the situation of Anakin?s first mission."

Qui-Gon whirled on Mace. "What do you mean, ? the situation??"

Mace regarded his friend with a wary eye. Lately, Mace had noticed a change in Qui-Gon. Actually, the change had started three years ago, but now it seemed to showing, and Mace didn?t like what he saw. His eyes were regal as he regarded Qui-Gon. "Some Council members are expressing doubt of Anakin?s readiness for his mission."

"What?" Qui-Gon?s voice got loud and disbelieving. Some initiates looked over then scampered away very quickly. "What do you mean? ? His readiness?? That?s not right, Mace. Anakin has been training for three years! Of course he?s ready."

"Qui-Gon," Mace said steadily. "The Council knows that Anakin has made excellence progress since he arrived. Some Council members, however, believe he is too nervous and not in tune with the Force enough."

Qui-Gon?s anger was palpable. "You?re not serious. He?s at the top of his class. He?s in the fourteen-year-olds lightsaber classes. Believe me, he is ready." Qui-Gon did not say the obvious: Anakin was the Chosen One.

"We will discuss this with the Council," Mace said as if he had not heard Qui-Gon. "Anakin will be present. Do you understand me?"

"What else is there, Mace? I know you don?t just doubt Anakin?s readiness."

Mace hesitated, then pushed on. "You have not been on a mission in three years, not since O-"

"Don?t speak that name in my presence," Qui-Gon said sharply.

Mace sighed. " There is no shame in what he did, Qui-Gon. Xanatos did the same thing."

Mace meant no harm, but Qui-Gon took the words the wrong way. "Oh, so is that how it goes? Do you see me as a failure because of what happened to my last two apprentices? Is that how you see me now? Jedi are individuals, Mace. What they do is by their own hand, not by their Master?s."

The other Jedi groaned. "No, no, of course not, Qui-Gon. "

"Yes, it is!"

"You?re acting immature!" Mace?s voice was now angry. He stopped walking and faced his partner. "I will see you in the Council Chambers, and believe me, this episode will come up."

He turned and s

7. KrystalBlaze

Aug 3, 2002
    VadeyFan: Out of his mind? Hmmmm... aren't we all? Don't worry... keep on reading.

Patty:Thanks for the comments. I'm glad you followed the fic. :D

Jacen: *clears throats*.... I need a new post... ummm... maybe later? *hopeful look* Thanks for reading.

Happy Hobbit Padawan: thanks so much for reading! I have another one! Whew!

Sorry guys... I guess I was neglecting my duty to continue to repost this... I was checking my bio and saw I had the wrong link to this fic, and it sorta kicked me in the butt right there. So I'll keep reposting, have no fear!

8. Happy_Hobbit_Padawan

Happy_Hobbit_Padawan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 3, 2003
    *blinks* What's this? A postie?! Yay!! :D

Sounds like Qui-Gon is having some major issues dealing with Obi. I guess they all think that Obi-Wan just resigned, and didn't turn? Cause it sure seemed like he was in league with some pretty shady characters there in that first post! [face_shocked]

Can't wait for more! :)

9. CYNICAL21

CYNICAL21 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 8, 2001
    Morning, Blaze - I didn't realize when I took a look to see what this was, that it was the fic previously (partially?) posted on ff.n, which I followed faithfully, until it was just . . . dropped. Soooooo - are you gonna finish this very intriguing story? Because I get really grumpy when I get involved in a plot, and then find the story isn't finished. :D

You have a rich imagination, and I hope you'll put it to good use to write the conclusion of this fic, so that those of us who read this way back when, will finally learn the whole truth of what Obi did and why he did it - and see the Mighty Jinn get his come-uppance.

CYN

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.