main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

FIC: Comfort (JA, h/c)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by Obi the Kid, Oct 21, 2000.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Obi the Kid

Obi the Kid Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 13, 2000
    Title: Comfort
    Author: Obi the Kid (hlnkid@aol.com)
    Rating: PG
    Summary: Pre-TPM, h/c, non-slash (Obi is 14) Qui and Obi bond after an act of violence.
    Disclaimer: George owns them, and there is no money made from these stories.
    Archive: Please ask me!!

========
    Comfort
    ========

Qui-Gon Jinn stormed into the healers ward, demanding answers. "Healer Rax, where is my padawan. What the hell happened? Tell me what is going on. I want you to tell me. NOW!"

Healer Elisha Rax held her ground against the tall Jedi. "Master Jinn, yelling at me will not do your apprentice any good. Please calm yourself so I can inform you as to what has happenend."

He backed off, suddenly embarrassed at his actions. "I am sorry Elisha, please tell me, is he okay?"

"Yes, he is in pain, but he will be fine. He's very shaky though. Needless to say this attack caught him by surprise."

The Jedi Master was confused. "I don't understand, what happened to him?"

"He was bullied and brutally attacked by 2 older padawans while he was trying to help a young initiate get away from them. They let the younger boy go, but took their aggressions out on Obi-Wan. He is bruised rather severely, the main area being his back. We've had him in bacta for several hours, but the bruising runs deep, and the bacta can only do so much. I am sorry we did not contact you sooner, but Obi-Wan was unable to tell us where you were. Now, if you follow me this way, I believe he needs to see a face he can trust."

Qui-Gon followed Healer Rax to the last room in the ward. Inside lay his 14-year-old apprentice, curled up in a fetal position, lying on his side. An extra large pillow supported him so he could not roll over onto his back and cause further pain. Jinn stood with the healer as he stared at the small form on the bed.

"Is he in much pain?"

She nodded. "He is yes, there is little more we can do for him right now. The wounds must heal. I want to keep him here for another day, after that, you can take him home. You may stay with him as long as you need to." With that, Healer Rax left the master to tend to his apprentice.

Approaching the bed, Qui-Gon spoke softly so as not to startle the boy. "Obi-Wan?"

Obi-Wan thought he'd heard a familiar voice, but was hesitant to respond to it. Qui-Gon continued. "Padawan? I am here. You are safe now. Obi-Wan?"

"Master??hear you?can't find you?"

The older Jedi lay a hand on his students arm, sitting in the chair that had been provided for him by the healer. "I am right here Obi-Wan, right here. Open your eyes."

Doing as he was told, the boy slowly forced his eyes to open. The relief in them was unmistakable. "Master." The word came out as more a sob, than anything, and tears immediately fell from the blue-green eyes.

Reaching up to stroke the short hair, Qui-Gon learned close and whispered to him. "It's okay padawan. They won't hurt you anymore. I promise you that. Okay?"

A small nod answered the question. Obi-Wan reached a hand out to his master and was relieved when he felt Qui-Gon take it in his own. "Hurts master?hurts?make it stop?please?"

"I can't do that Obi-Wan, the bruises have to heal. You hang on to me though. I will be here with you." Qui-Gon gently kissed the boy's forehead before sitting back in the chair, watching silently as sleep overtook the youngster once again.
    ================
    A few hours later, Healer Rax entered the room. "Qui-Gon, I need to apply a healing oil to Obi-Wan's back. You should leave for a few minutes."

He shook he head. "No, I promised that I would not leave him. And I would like to see just what those boys did to him. Please do what you must."

As the healer lifted the thin robe that Kenobi wore, she exposed the deep bruising to his master for the first time. Qui-Gon was disgusted. He took one look before averting his eyes. Dark, purple and blue bruises covered every inch of the youngsters backside. "How can anyone do this to a boy? Obi-Wan, I am so sorry I was n

2. LadyVorgunby

LadyVorgunby Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 2, 2000
    <sniff> So sweet...I have to go cry now...

3. Jee-dai

Jee-dai Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 8, 2000
    I hope those two bullies were severely punished!!

*Sniff* One of the most tender moments I've ever read.

4. Obi the Kid

Apr 13, 2000
    Thanks guys!! need a hankie?

5. Anakin's Angel

Anakin's Angel Jedi Padawan star 4

May 3, 2000

Hankie? Yeah, those puffs plus, a BIG 'ol box! That was genuinely sweet, OTK!! I hope those nasty bullies are made to eat Yoda's gruel for AT least a month, and then sent out to be farmers! heehee!

aa :D

6. Jedi_KnightMariah

Jedi_KnightMariah Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 6, 2000
    AWWWWWWW!!!!!!!!!!!! I like that alot!!!!!

7. Obi the Kid

Apr 13, 2000
    Everyone gets a hankie today!!!

8. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    Pass 'em this way Obi the Kid.

You do like to make us cry huh???? Excellent!!

9. Obi the Kid

Apr 13, 2000
    HA!! that I do Leona!! here ya go...hankie for you.

10. Senni_Arava

Senni_Arava Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 22, 2000
    i need one, too, please. :)

11. Obi the Kid

Apr 13, 2000
    Gonna run out of hankies at this rate....

12. Obi the Kid

Apr 13, 2000
    If anyone is wondering....yes, there will be a sequel to this one...eventually...so keep your eyes peeled for it!!!

13. Obi the Kid

Apr 13, 2000
    Up we go!

14. Kelly Kenobi

Kelly Kenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 23, 2000
    I came prepared, I brought my own hankie, and am I ever glad I did..... Man that was powerful!

This story if screaming for both a prequel and a sequel. The scene of the bullies beating my boy would be difficult to read, but the story of them getting the boot from the Temple would be pure joy!

15. Obi the Kid

Apr 13, 2000
    Thanks Kelly!! No prequel...but a sequel!! Not sure what path I will take with the sequel though...but it will focus on Obi and Qui more than anything else, including the bad padawans!!

16. Obi the Kid

Apr 13, 2000
    Back to the top!!

17. Kelly Kenobi

Kelly Kenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 23, 2000
    Good to hear you have a sequel planned! Any OTK story is a treat!

18. mouse2

mouse2 Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 29, 1999
    You not on;y made me cry, but wince in pain at the discription of Obi's back.

Looking forward to the sequel!

19. Obi the Kid

Apr 13, 2000
    Thanks for reading guys!! much appreciated!!!

20. Obi the Kid

Apr 13, 2000
  21. Obi the Kid

Apr 13, 2000
  22. Obi the Kid

Apr 13, 2000
  23. Julie

Julie Moderator Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 1, 1998
    A sequel? Splendid! When can you start, Obi the Kid? And I like your webpage.

24. Obi the Kid

Apr 13, 2000
    Thanks Julie!! Speaking of my webpage, if you click on the link to Brenda's Short stories...you will find a brand new TPM story, never before posted...it's very good!!

The sequel? not sure...but It's in my plans.

25. Arctic_Wolf

Arctic_Wolf Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 19, 2000
    Obi, where is your web page?

To the top, hope a prequel/sequel is in the works.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.