main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Before - Legends Dignified? I Think Not! (JA Humour)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Ginger_Jedi, May 15, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ginger_Jedi

Ginger_Jedi Jedi Knight star 6

Jun 4, 2001
    Dignified? I Think Not!

Author: Ginger_Jedi(ginger_ninja85@yahoo.co.uk)

Summary: ?This is one of those birthday?s that requires a special kind of celebration!? Mace declared.
    Qui-Gon?s going to regret this?

Time Frame: Oooh let?s make Obi my age ? 8 years pre-TPM

Rating: G?but probably should be ?S? for Silliness ;)

Spoilers: None

Archive: If you want it, drop me an e-mail ^_^

Author?s Note: This short story truly borders on ridiculous but I couldn?t pass up the opportunity to show Qui-Gon in a more?immature light :p

All from Obi?s POV :D

Dedicated, forever, to every friend, sister and reader who ever said a kind thing to me :) *hugs*

After all my years in the Jedi Temple, count them?er?around sixteen I think but it could be more (a guy forgets these things!)? I had come to think of Jedi Masters as a respectful, dignified and generally an amazing bunch of people.

Trust good ol? Qui-Gon Jinn to set me straight on a thing or two. Mace Windu too ? he always aids my Master in proving me wrong in these sorts of things.

You see, the other day it was my Master?s birthday ? I?ve been sworn to secrecy over his exact age (let?s just say ?When middle-age you reach, look as good you will not?) ? and Mace, being as unsubtle as ever, burst in that morning to wish my Master a very ?

??Happy birthday my dear ol? buddy Qui-Gon!?

Master shot him a dangerous look ? y?know the one reserved for me when I?ve either a) royally annoyed him or b) said/done something incredibly stupid.

I watched in amusement over my bowl of cereals, swinging the spoon between two fingers. Ah I knew I was in for a treat now.

?Good morning Mace,? Master said, sounding strained as if someone had their hands around his neck. ?Anything I can do for you??

?Oooooh no Qui. It?s not what you can do for me, it?s what *I* can do for *you*.?

Ah, ah, ah Master! I saw that hand of yours twitching to slap your forehead. Ya can?t fool me.

?Mace I already have plans for today. Obi-Wan and I??

I found myself unable to keep quiet and I leaned forward, resting my chin on my hand. ?But Master those plans are for the day, not the night. I?m sure whatever Master Windu has in mind can be done once you and I have done what we?re going to do.?

Mace slapped me on my shoulder (ow! Damn that guy has big hands) and nodded vigorously at my Master. ?The boy?s right Qui! You and me - a night out on the town. I?m sure Obi-Wan won?t mind.?

I grinned. ?I sure won?t Master.? I knew whatever Mace Windu had in store for my Master, I was still underage for it.

Qui-Gon looked at me suspiciously, as if he suspected Mace and I had been planning something for weeks (actually untrue this time?) and I blinked and smiled back innocently.

?Come on Qui, treat yourself for once!? Mace urged.

?Well?? Master started to consider the idea.

?This is one of those birthday?s that requires a special kind of celebration!? Mace declared. ?You can?t celebrate it any old way ? no offence Kenobi.?

I chuckled, ?None taken Master Windu.?

?Fine then Mace, I?ll go out with you tonight,? Master agreed.

Score!

?On one condition,? he then added. ?We don?t have any repeat performances of a certain twenty-first birthday.?

?That must?ve been a while ago,? I mused, before shoving a spoonful of cereal into my mouth. I ignored the two glares that came my way.

?Heh, done,? Mace agreed with a nod. ?Okay so I?ll pick you up say?20:00??

?Sure.?

Is it just me, or did that sound like they were arranging a date ? like a two people with a romantic connection kinda date? Huh, maybe it?s a teenage thing?teenage BOY thing that is?heh?eh never mind.

Anyway, Mace left and Master and I finished breakfast before heading off into Coruscant?s theatre district to see a holo-movie and a play Master had been looking forward to seeing for months on end. We also spent large amounts of money on sweets and other tooth-rotting, stomach-upsetting substances. By the time w

2. Arwen-Jade_Kenobi

Arwen-Jade_Kenobi Jedi Knight star 5

Feb 9, 2002
    *tries to contain self...fails miserably*

LMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That was too funny!!!

My god, bloody brilliant!!!

3. Happy_Hobbit_Padawan

Happy_Hobbit_Padawan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 3, 2003
    [face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh]

That was great!

I loved the parth with Yoda and the camera. :D

4. Ginger_Jedi

Jun 4, 2001
    Thanks for reading Arwen and Happy_Hobbit_Padawan :D Glad I made you laugh :)

5. Jedi_padawan_leigh

Jedi_padawan_leigh Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 13, 2003
    . [face_laugh]

*Wipes tears of laughter from eyes*

Brilliant Ginger Jedi! :)

6. Agent_Jaid

Agent_Jaid Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 21, 2003
    *has died laughing*

It's PERFECT!!!!

I liked the "I can fly part" and the "There must be SOME part that's sweet".....

ROFLMHO!!!!!!!!!!

7. jedi7

jedi7 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 8, 2002
    WONDERFUL!!!! 7

8. dianethx

dianethx Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 1, 2002
    This was hilarious. I especially liked the part of Qui-Gon jumping on the bed naked and Adi covering Obi-Wan's eyes (instead of hers)...LOL.

Good job.

9. Ginger_Jedi

Jun 4, 2001
    Jedi_padawan_leigh: Thanks for reading! I'm glad you enjoyed it!

Agent_Jaid: :eek: Are you okay?! Well the good thing is you found it funny ;)

jedi7: [face_blush] Thank you!

dianethx: I think that was my favourite part to write :D Thanks for reading.

Wow I'm so glad people enjoyed this. I thought people would flame me for writing something so crazy. *hugs to all readers* You guys sure know how to cheer a girl up :D

10. Obi the Kid

Obi the Kid Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 13, 2000
    HAHAHAHA! I finally got a chance to finish reading this! I LOVE the Obi POV idea...smart mouth kid! hehe!

<<Oh goodie I was talking to a pair of Jedi Masters who currently had an intellectual capacity of potatoes.>>

Brilliant line!

Awesome job, Ginger!

Obi

11. Ginger_Jedi

Jun 4, 2001
    :D Thanks for reading OTK :D

Yeah, I like the potato line too ;)

12. Padawan_Jess_Kenobi

Padawan_Jess_Kenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 20, 2002
    [face_laugh]

Heart pounding with shock I fell, somehow, to my feet from where I had been sleeping peacefully on the chair at the raucous sound of my Master?s voice. My eyes, unluckily, fell upon the sight of my Master and Master Windu ? who were in the middle of a ?Ride the Bantha? game it appeared. My Master was currently sitting (or rather being held) on Mace?s back, waving his free hand around like mad. Mace, however, looked utterly exhausted and the expression on his face was a multitude of emotions ? amusement, annoyance, regret and horror.

Master slid off Mace?s back and patted him, laughing and claiming Mace was a ?good boy?. Mace on the other hand, looked utterly embarrassed and uttered a heavy sigh.

My voice came back. ?Um,? I paused, searching for something that would sound appropriate in the presence of two Jedi Masters. ?Uh?Is everything?no um?What hap?er?? Forget it. ?What the hell happened??

My Master span around in a kind of flashy dance-move way and squinted as he looked at me. ?Ahh kid it?s you. Yeah you with the funky hairstyle?heh?Yeah?uh?Ova-Dun?HA! Ahhh I crack myself up?no your name does! HA!? My Master proceeded to collapse to the floor in a fit of hysterical giggling.

I believe the images of this have somehow scarred me for life. I?ll have to arrange counselling for myself?

Ignoring my Master, and somehow still not finding anything resembling laughter within me, I turned to Mace. ?And again I ask: what the hell??

[face_laugh] [face_laugh] This was great!! Qui jumping naked on the bed!!! Adi covering Obi's eyes!! Qui getting high!!!! [face_laugh] *falls off chair* Bloody brillinat stuff there, Ginger!!!! That was great! :D

13. ApprenticeM

ApprenticeM Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 10, 2001
    ]b] Ginger [/b] , this was funny the first time I read it over at FF.N, but I think it's funnier now (Course I'm reading it at 5:30 am my time) [face_laugh] [face_laugh]

Loved the whole Yoda being behind the picture taking thing, and all of Obi's side comments 8-}

14. Ginger_Jedi

Jun 4, 2001
    Thanks for reading Jess and M :D I'm soooo glad you both got a laugh out of it :D Yay!

15. benknobi1

benknobi1 Force Ghost star 6

Jun 12, 2002
  16. Marie_Kenobi

Marie_Kenobi Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 12, 2002
    Hilarious story, Ginger! I loved all of the times Qui and Mace called Obi "Ova-Dun" and talked about his "stupid haircut"! [face_laugh]

--Marie K.

17. Ginger_Jedi

Jun 4, 2001
    Thanks for reading benknobi1 and Marie_Kenobi :D Glad my strange way of thinking amused you both :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.