main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Promises Kept-JA (repost)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by mouse2, Oct 24, 2000.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mouse2

mouse2 Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 29, 1999
    I thought I would repost this for everyone who enjoyed it the first time. Maybe it will get some new readers too. :D

Plus I'm working on a new Rela Quinn story and wanted to get some intrest in it. Thanks and enjoy!!

Promises Kept

She had always wished that she was one of those nondescript people, but she wasn't and never would be. Everyone she passed always had to give her a second look. She wished she knew why, then she could change whatever it was. It could be, and most logically, be her hair. It was a rich auburn red color, which most people did not believe was natural, which she kept in a fat braid that slapped her back when she walked. Unless someone looked really close they would never know that her hair was a mass of unruly curls that she had taken great pains to hide. She has always said that it's to keep it out of her face while she was working, but only a select few knew her true reasons. It could have been her eyes, but she didn't think so. They were a fairly ordinary dark golden brown color, unless she was angry then they turned a dangerous black. Maybe it was her size. She was small by human standards. She was taller than an R2 unit, but shorter than a protocol droid. She really didn't care what her exact size was, she still carried herself as if she towered over everyone.

<I can't be thinking about this now, I need to get focused on business. I'm late as it is!>

She picked up her pace as the Cantina came into view. With a few sporadic hey's to some acquaintances, she raced inside.

<Finally!> she thought. <I'm out of that damn crowd and can get down to business!>

"Rela!" The shout snapped her back into the present. <Great, this is all I need today,> she thought.

"What?!" she shouted back.

"Your late, and I needed you here early for this delivery!"

"Sorry Els, but there was this huge fight in the marketplace and the authorities had everything blocked off. Anyway why am I telling you, you never believe my excuses even when I'm telling the truth. So where is this delivery going, by the way?"

"Where do you always deliver to?" the man she called Els asked. "This time its a special delivery and it needs to be there an hour ago."

"Els, when is it not a special delivery and needed to be there sometime earlier? Anyway, I hate delivering supplies there. They give me the creeps. Plus, this is the third time this month. What are they doing? Stockpiling?"

"Rela, it's not our business to ask what they are doing, Just deliver the goods and come straight back. I need you here before we open tonight, and your going to stay until closing for being late."

"Oh, I would have never guessed that I would have to stay late. You only pull that on me, hmmmm, let me think, all the time! I bet that you want me to do the books at the same time. Am I right? The last time they were done was the last time you made me stay until closing."

"Rela, go make the deliveries and don't smart off to anyone this time," Els chuckled

"Fine. I'll be back as soon as I can." <Maybe they'll all be in class, or whatever they do there. Oh please Gods don't let them be outside today. Just let me drop off their stuff and get out of there as fast as I can.>

Lost in her thoughts, Rela Quinn left on her delivery run and headed straight for the tallest building on Courscant. The Jedi Temple.

2. mouse2

Oct 29, 1999
    Adding some more. A quick note, I started writing this way at the begining of the JA books before certian events happened. Just consider it a bit of AU. Thanks!

The flash of red and blue lightsabers lit up the practice grounds. Two Jedi padawans were in the mist of practicing, or at least it was supposed to be practice. The blows were coming too fast and too hard for anyone to consider it practice anymore. If they were caught by their masters, only the force knew what would kind of punishment they would receive this time, and they knew it.

"Bruck, this is supposed to be practice not battle!"

"Well, Oafy-Wan, are you going to say that when your in a real fight? Oh no, Mr. Badman, this is only supposed to be practice not a fight!"

"I don't know about you, but I do not want to be assigned to pruning Master Yoda's private garden for a month again!"

Just then a patch of red moving across the grounds caught their eye.

"What was that?" asked Bruck as he deactivated his lightsaber.

"I don't know, but we better go check it out," stated Obi-Wan Kenobi as his lightsaber deactivated.

As they crept closer, they spotted a small redheaded girl who was carrying some sort of package. Neither Obi-Wan or Bruck could take their eyes off the small girl, but they knew they had to find out who she was and what was she doing on the practice grounds.

Rela paused as she saw the two Jedi approach. She could tell that they were padawans by their hairstyle, shorn short and spiky on top and a long braid behind the right ear. She knew by the way they were walking towards her that they were curious and wanted answers.

<Great, this is all I need. Two padawans trying to show each other up with me as their target. If they were Masters I wouldn't worry, but these two look too arrogant for anything reasonable.> As they got closer Rela rolled her eyes skyward and thought, <That is the last time I ask you for anything.>

"Who are you?" asked Obi-Wan.

"Nobody," replied Rela.

"He asked you your name girl!" interrupted Bruck.

Rela got an amused look on her face and turned towards Bruck and answered, "No, he didn't. He asked who I was and I answered him, nobody. Anyway, where do you get off talking to me like that boy?"

Both Obi-Wan and Bruck stared at the small girl standing in front of them. They were stunned. They would have never imagined that someone would dare talk to a Jedi like that, especially on temple grounds.

"We were curious as to what you were doing," started Obi-Wan. "I apologize for our rudeness..."

Then Bruck interrupted again, "We'll I don't! I am a Jedi Knight and I want to know...No, demand to know what you're doing here!"

<What an idiot!> thought Rela. "Well since I'm carrying this package here, I guess the obvious reason would be that I'm delivering something. Plus I know the difference between a Padawan and a Knight and you're no Knight and never will be with that attitude, and I hope that your master finds out what an arrogant son of a b-"

"Rela!" a familiar voice shouted.

<Great that's all I need. One more person yelling at me today.>

"Master?"

"Yes, Obi-Wan?"

"Do you know this girl?" a confused Obi-Wan asked.

Qui-Gon laughed, "Why yes Padawan, I've known this girl Rela for all of her seventeen years."

Both padawans turned to stare at Rela, again.

"Don't say it! I know what your thinking and I've heard them all," Rela told them. She then turned to address Qui-Gon. "Here's your package Master Jinn. I'm sorry that I was late, but as you can see I was somewhat detained."

Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan got an amused look on their faces, but this only enraged Bruck further. Before Bruck could open his mouth to rant his opinion, Qui-Gon cut him off.

"Padawan Chun I believe your master, Kelmi Tiros, was looking for you. I suggest that you go find her.

Bruck started to protest, but quickly came to his senses. "Yes Master Jinn." he stated. As he was leaving Bruck murmured to Obi-Wan, "We will continue our practice later Oafy-

3. Calamity Jinn

Calamity Jinn Jedi Padawan star 4

May 23, 2000

Yipeeeeeeee!

I'm so glad you're reposting this Mouse. *Rubs hands in anticipation*

4. Kit'

Kit' Manager Emeritus & Kessel Run Champion! star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Winner

Oct 30, 1999
    YaY! It's being reposted!

Wait...wait...

CCCCOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOLLLL

Kithera

5. mouse2

Oct 29, 1999
    Thanks for rereading!

The music was loud and the customers were hopping. It was just another busy night in a cantina on Coruscant. The only things that were not moving were an oversized, menacing looking wookie at the front door and a small redheaded girl who was sitting at the back corner of the bar. Rela was oblivious to everything that was going on around her. Her eyes were glued to the data pad that she held in front of her. If you paid close attention, you would see her look up at Els, who was tending bar, and give him an 'I told you so' look. Otherwise, no one would have seen her unless they were looking for her. Which is exactly what the next to people who walked through the door were doing.

"Keep your eyes open and your head down, Obi-Wan. I don't want to arouse suspicion as to why we are here."

"Why are we here, Master?"

"Because of a promise I made a long time ago, Padawan. Seventeen years to be exact."

"Is that why the girl is so important to you?" asked Obi-Wan

Qui-Gon understood what Obi-Wan was trying to say. His padawans' pride had been hurt because of something he hadn't told him. His relationship with Rela was something that Qui-Gon believed was a private matter between him, Rela, and her family. He saw no need to force this matter upon Obi-Wan until it became absolutely necessary. Today things had changed and matters needed to be resolved. Now Qui-Gon realized that it had become absolutely necessary to include Obi-Wan in this situation.

"Her name is Rela Quinn, and I hope for my sake that you remember her name. If what I think is happening you will need to remember her name."

"What situation are you talking about, Master?"

"I'll tell you Obi-Wan, but let me discuss it with Rela first since it does effect her personally."

"Yes, Master."

"Go find us a place to sit. Preferably somewhere out of the crowd."

Obi-Wan quickly looked for an empty table. He soon found one located near the back of the cantina. As he walked over to sit down he could help but notice that Qui-Gon had walked over to the bar and was talking to the bartender.

<What is he getting us into now,> thought Obi-Wan. <What is that girl's name again....Oh Rela. Why would she be in here?> Then a somewhat familiar voice snapped Obi-Wan out of his thoughts.

"By the Force, what the sith are you doing here?"

Obi-Wan looked up to see Rela standing beside him. She still held the data pad in her hand, but was now intently staring at Obi-Wan. <Great, let's see if I can make her even more angry since this afternoon.>

"Well, are you here to finish the job you and your friend started this afternoon?"

"No," stated Obi-Wan, "and Bruck Chun is not my friend. Master Qui-Gon was looking for you."

Rela got an amused look on her face while looking at Obi-Wan. <He really looks uncomfortable in here, maybe he's not as bad as I thought. If Qui-Gon can put up with him, at least I can give him a second chance.> "Why is Qui-Gon looking for me? And, by the way, let's start over, my name is Rela, Rela Quinn," she said as she held out her hand to him in a peace offering.

"Obi-Wan Kenobi," he said as he took her hand in friendship.

"That's a mouthful of a name isn't it?" Obi-Wan looked hurt when she said this. "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to make you mad, but I am glad that you said that...what was his name... Bruck Chun, wasn't your friend."

Obi-Wan smiled, then he asked a question that had been bothering him since he and Qui-Gon walked in. "What are you doing here?"

Rela looked surprised by this question. "I work here," she answered, "that package I delivered today was Corellian whiskey."

Now Obi-Wan was looked confused and Rela felt that she needed to explain. "Do you mind if I sit down, this may take awhile. Anyway you never answered my question, where is Qui-Gon?"

"He's over there." Obi-Wan pointed at the bar where Qui-Gon stood. Rela watched Qui-Gon suspiciously, <What is he doing talking to Els, when Obi-Wan, that's a mouthful of a name to even

6. Calamity Jinn

May 23, 2000

Don't ya just love wookies?!!!

7. Darth McClain

Darth McClain Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2000
    Oohh! I wasn't into JAs the first time this was posted, so thanks for reposting!!!

8. mouse2

Oct 29, 1999
    Obi-Wan Kenobi was lost in thought as he followed his master, Qui-Gon, to meet with the Jedi Council. The council was made up of twelve Jedi, who were usually masters, and they were the ruling force of the Jedi. They were responsible for sending out Jedi on missions to help the relations of the Republic. Obi-Wan had been before the council numerous of times in his seventeen years for either assignments that he and Qui-Gon were sent on or the times he was being disciplined for something or other. None of his past appearances was on his mind at the moment. The only thing that was on Obi-Wan?s mind was the events that had transpired the night before. Only one thought that kept going around in his mind was, <How is Qui-Gon going to get the council to agree on letting Rela go with us?>

//Keep your mind on the present, Obi-Wan.// Qui-Gon told him through their bond.

//Yes, Master.// Obi-Wan answered.

Obi-Wan dutifully followed his master as they entered the Jedi Council. As soon as they entered the council chamber Obi-Wan noticed two other Jedi. Then he recognized them and it took all of his Jedi training not to scream out. Master Kelmi Tiros stood there with her Padawan, Bruck Chun.

?On this assignment, work together, you must.? Master Yoda told them. ?Go to Selyr, you will. Let them know you are Jedi, you will not.?

?The revolution that threatens this planet must be avoided at all costs.? added Mace Windu. ?Something or someone is provoking these uprisings that are occurring. You must find out what it is and stop it at all costs. ?

?Yes, Mater Windu.? answered Kelmi Tiros. ?May I ask why this Selyr is so important??

?It is considered a halfway point to travelers and that?s its major source of income.? Master Windu told them. ?All types of beings stop there and some of the more wealthy ones stay longer than needed. Although the credits spent are certainly welcome.?

?With an uprising occurring most beings will stay as far away as possible, correct?

?Correct, Master Jinn.?

?Great disturbance, I feel. Find out what, you must.? Then Yoda paused and looked at Qui-Gon. ?Something to ask, you have Master Jinn??

?Yes, Master.? he answered. ?About a promise I made. I want to take a fifth person along, who is not a Jedi, but with their talents will help us greatly.?

?How do feel about taking this extra person along, Master Tiros??

?If Master Jinn believes that they will be an asset to our assignment then I will agree with him.? she answered. ?Although I do not intend to compromise the safety of myself or my Padawan for this person.? Bruck turned to smirk at Obi-Wan after hearing this.

?Go with you, she will. Hard to see her future is. Go get her, you will not. Meet you she will.?

?Yes, Master Yoda.? Qui-Gon answered him. Obi-Wan realized that Master Yoda knew who Rela was, and that she was more important to this mission than any of them realized.

9. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    Just gotta tell you I'm enjoying rereading this Mouse.

10. mouse2

Oct 29, 1999
    I'm glad you are all enjoying this. Thanks for reading and rereading!

Of all the mornings she couldn?t sleep. <I worked until closing, faced down a drunk Rodian, updated the books, and Els gives me the morning off, and what happens? I lay here for hours staring at the ceiling. Well, might as well get up and do something constructive.> She didn?t move hoping that she might fall asleep since she decided to get up. It didn?t work. Rela finally gave up and dragged herself out of bed. She got dressed in her normal everyday outfit of black breeches, black knee high boots and cream colored tunic. While she was fastening on her belt which held her blaster on one hip and data pad on the other, she saw her reflection in the mirror. All she saw was a curly mass of red hair cascading past her shoulders, and all she could think of was how much trouble it brought her.

?I am not in the mood to deal with you today!? she exclaimed to her reflection. ?Definitely no braiding today! You?re just getting pulled back and out of my way!? With that, she grabbed her hair tie and began pulling her hair back as she walked towards her kitchen. Lost in her own thoughts, Rela gazed out the window as dawn crept over the horizon. The lights sparkled off the buildings like they were made of gold and diamonds. Rela didn?t notice any of it. The only thoughts that were going through her head were about the conversation that she had the night before.

<She?s dying.>

<She wants to see you.>

<Damn you Qui-Gon Jinn! You are the only person that could even make me consider doing something for her. Anyway, why now. What has that woman ever done for me, except get rid of me? Something doesn?t feel right about this.>

?Stop it! Stop it! Stop it!? she yelled at herself. ?I have to get out of here and get my mind on something else. I might as well go to work. I know that I can find some sort of mind numbing work there. Like that freezer unit that has been on the fritz for who knows how long. The first thing I need to do is get out of here.? Rela started towards the door of her apartment, but at the last minute ran back to her bedroom and grabbed a hand-sized rectangular pack and attacked it to her belt as she walked back to her front door. As Rela was leaving she caught sight for her neighbor, Mrs. Krabople. <Please, please, please, let me get past her without her noticing me.>

?Good morning, Rela. Since your on your way out, could you help me with something??

?Good morning, Mrs. Krabople. What do you need me to fix today?? Rela sighed.

?Well, its silly actually.? she started. ?Its my door code. I forgot it, and I?m afraid to lock
    my shut my door.?

?Mrs. Krabople, how do you keep forgetting your own birthday?? Rela asked her with an innocent looking face. Rela couldn?t help but scream in her head, <no really, how do you forget YOUR OWN BIRTHDAY!>

?That really is silly isn?t it? Where are you going so early this morning??

?To work. I couldn?t sleep, so I thought I could catch up on some things that I?ve been putting off.?

?What is a nice girl like you doing working in a nasty place like that disgusting den evil??

?It?s not so bad, Mrs. Krabople. Most beings go there to get away from everyday life. You know a chance to be someone else, if only for a short time.? Like me, Rela told herself. <A nice girl, Mrs. Krabople if you only knew. I was involved with such a bad crowd that a Jedi Master had to drag me away for my ?own good? as he put it.> ?If you?ll excuse me, I really need to get going.?

?Certainly, Rela. Have a good day, and if you get a chance look for some better type of work.?

?Yes ma?am.? Rela laughed back. Then she started towards the cantina as fast as she could get away.

11. Darth McClain

Feb 5, 2000
    Good job!!!

12. mouse2

Oct 29, 1999
    As soon as the cantina came into view, Rela realized something was wrong. It was just a feeling that she had, but it was usually never wrong. As she crept closer, Rela pulled her blaster out of its holster. She liked the feel of it in her hand, and hopefully she wouldn?t have to use it. <Well maybe just a little>, she thought. Once she got to the door, Rela really started to worry. The door was unlocked and it was too quiet. <Els, a wild herd of banthas are quieter than you. What is going on?> As if he heard her question, Els called out to her.

?Rela, is that you??

?Yes, Els. What happened??

?Come in and you?ll see.?

Rela slowly walked inside to let her eyes get adjusted to the dark interior. Rela gasped at what she saw. Broken tables and chairs were scattered everywhere. The floor was covered with shattered glass and spilt liquor. Rela could only stare at the destruction. Els? voice snapped her back to the present.

?I caught them in the act. It was Retlif and his gang. From what I could gather they just went somewhere else and with each drink got madder and madder at you..?

?Els, I?m so sorry. I never thought that it would come to this. What about the storeroom and the office??

?Storeroom was locked and I guess they couldn?t figure out how to get in. The office, on the other hand, was trashed. Files everywhere.?

?I guess it was a good thing I took the books home last night, hmm.? Rela told him as she walked towards the bar. She felt more than heard the crunch of glass under her feet, and each step made her wince in regret.

?Rela, you better get out of here. Retlif is out for your blood.?

?No, Els. I am not going to run. First of all, I?m going to start cleaning up this mess, after I check something.? Rela proceeded to disappear behind the bar muttering to herself. ?Ha! They missed it.? she shouted happily. Then she reappeared with a medium sized pack.

?I didn?t know that you had hidden that behind the bar. I thought you got rid of it. Which is what you should be doing now.? Els reminded her.

?What is wrong with you? You?ve been acting on edge ever since I got here. What is got-? Rela was cut off by blaster fire. Then everything sank in. ?Why didn?t you tell me they were still here, you stupid nerfherder? she yelled at Els. <Damn, I should have known it was a trap.> Rela realized she still held her blaster. <Well, I did feel like shooting something today.>

?Rela!? the Rodian yelled. ?I told you that you should keep a look out over your shoulder because here I am! Now let?s see if you?re as good a shot as everyone says you are.?

Rela slowly crept around to the edge of the bar to get a look of the group of Rodians. There were five of them, including Retlif and they were still drunk, and they had the back door blocked off. Retlif in true Rodian leader fashion was shielded by the other four. Rela knew that she would only have on chance to get off a shot and escape out the front door.

?Els,? she whispered, ? I?ve got an idea about how to get out of here, but I need to know if you?re all right.?

?Rela, I?m fine. It you they want, not me. Get out of here and go to docking bay 23-C. Take the transport off the planet. I have a shipment on it and they should let you on with no problems. The only thing is that it leaves in fifteen minutes.?

?Fifteen minutes. Today just keeps getting better and better.? Rela murmured to herself.

?Well, Rela, we?re waiting!? Retlif was taunting her, and she knew it.

<Its now or never.> Rela grabbed her pack and strapped it to her back. She heard the crunch of footsteps getting closer to her hiding place. With a heavy sigh, Rela sprang up and over the bar firing all the while. She landed with a crunch and thud on the glass littered floor. She could feel the trickle of blood down her arm where the glass had cut her, but she was too intent on getting to the door. The Rodians were returning fire, so Rela stayed in a crouch and crawled to where Els was hiding. By now the blast

13. Calamity Jinn

May 23, 2000

Run Rela, run!!!!

14. Whiskey in the Jar-Jar

Whiskey in the Jar-Jar Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 17, 2000
  15. mouse2

Oct 29, 1999
    He should have known better. That girl is always in some sort of trouble, but somehow she always clawed her way out. He chuckled to himself as he remembered some of the scrapes she had gotten herself into. She had been the cause of almost every gray hair he had, his padawan had contributed to the rest. As the flood of memories washed over him, he became somber as one particular memory stood out. The one time she had need his help to get out of trouble. She needed to be saved from herself as much as the from beings she had gotten mixed up with.

?Master.? The voice of his padawan brought him back from his thoughts.

?Yes, Obi-Wan??

?The pilot wants to take off soon.?

?All right. Tell him ten minutes, then we can take off.?

?Yes, Master.? Obi-Wan ran off to give the pilot the information.

Master Qui-Gon Jinn returned to his brooding as he kept a lookout for Rela.

All Rela could do at the moment was run. She had no idea if Retlif or any of his gang were following her, all she could think of was how to get to the transport Els told her about. Walkways were cramped as beings from all over the galaxy were in the process of starting their day. Most were startled as a young girl with red hair streaming behind her weaved in and out of the crowds at a dead run.

<Think. Think. Think. Think. Calm down Rela. You have to stay calm. Keep running and think. Transport! Els said to take a transport, to deliver supplies. Docking bay...what? Twentysomething. Think Rela... Twenty... Three. Yes, that?s it twenty-three! Now a letter...see. Yes, twenty-three see. How long? Was fifteen, then thirteen. Don?t slow down girl, run and don?t look back. Ten...ten is a good time. Where am I? Where the hell is a cloud car when you need one? Run, keep running and don?t look back. Are they following? You looked back! Eyes forward! Figure out where you are. What?s that? Docking bays? What number? Twenty-seven?! Keep running. Now it?s down to nine.>

A commotion behind her caused Rela to stop her inner tirade. She kept running, but against her better judgment she turned to see what was causing it. Shopkeepers were running around and yelling for the authorities to come and arrest some troublemakers. Rela stifled a giggle as she remembered being in the same position, once a long time ago. She had slowed down to a brisk walk so she could see who was in trouble. Then she sobered as she caught a glimpse of who it was. Like any good ex-troublemaker she turned and ran because all she saw was green. Green, just like the skin of a Rodian.

16. Darth McClain

Feb 5, 2000
  17. mouse2

Oct 29, 1999
    Going away for the weekend, so here's more!

Obi-Wan grew pensive as he waited for Qui-Gon. Obi-Wan was trying not to think about the fact that his biggest rival was on the same transport, let alone on the same mission. He also wondered if it was really a good idea to take Rela along with them, but Master Qui-Gon knew what he was doing. Obi-Wan was also anxious to take off and get started, so was the pilot. The pilot had asked him several times when they could leave before they finally settled on ten minutes, and that was nine minutes ago.

?What are you doing, Oafy-Wan??

The question from Bruck brought Obi-Wan out of his brooding. ?Bruck, go away.?

?What?s wrong? Your master not paying enough attention to you??

?Bruck, GO AWAY!? he said again.

?Oh! I know what?s wrong. You?re worried about that other person coming along. Well, well, who could it be? I bet you my lightsaber that it?s that girl from yesterday.?

?Bruck,? said Obi-Wan as he slowly stood up, ?GO AWAY!?

?No,? stated Bruck as he shoved Obi-Wan.

The two padawans glared at each other in a standoff. Neither one was backing down, and they didn?t even notice when the transport took off. They were found five minutes later, and neither one had moved.

?Umm, excuse me, Master Jinn,? the pilot started.

?Yes?? Qui-Gon sighed. He knew what it was about and was tired of answering the same question.

?Umm, it has been ten minutes. We really need to take off if we want to keep on schedule.?

?Take off.?

?Umm, pardon sir??

?I said take off. I told you ten minutes and I thank you for waiting. Go ahead and prepare for take off.?

?Umm, thank you sir.?

Qui-Gon understood that the force works in mysterious ways, but did it have to run late? He also knew that Master Yoda had his reasons for telling him not to go and get Rela and drag her along with them. She had to go along with them on this mission , he could feel it. Patience is a Jedi trait and the force has its ways. As Qui-Gon was turning around to go and join his Padawan he caught a glimpse of movement. Qui-Gon?s heart leapt as he realized who it was, then he sobered as he felt the ship beginning to take off.

She made it, docking bay 23-C. Rela paused to take a quick look around. Nobody was following her that she could see, but better safe than sorry. She picked up her pace and started toward the transport.

?Wait a moment miss!? a voice yelled out. Rela turned around and looked at the attendant. ?OH! Hello, Rela. Fancy meeting you here.? He looked familiar, but she couldn?t remember his name. He was a wannabe regular at the cantina and pretended to be a great pilot.

?Hello...ummm.?

?It?s Ernat, and what are you doing??

?I supposed to catch this transport for Els. He said he had a shipment that need delivering.? Ernat, the attendants face fell. What Rela didn?t know was she was one of the main reasons most beings went to the cantina. She made everyone feel important and welcome.

The sound of engines firing up caused them both to turn around. The ship was preparing for take off!

?NOOOOO!? yelled Rela. Then she noticed everyone was staring at her. ?Oh, I?m sorry was that out loud? If you?ll excuse me Ernat, I need to catch that transport.? Rela took off running as fast as she could, she had about 50 meters to cover to before she could get to the ship. <I can make it, I have to. Don?t think, just run!>

Rela stopped thinking and just concentrated on the ship. With each step it crept closer and closer, and Rela realized that she was going to make it. As she ran closer, Rela studied the ship. She saw that the boarding ramp was still down, as if they knew she was coming. The only problem was the transport was hovering meters off the landing pad, it had already started take-off! Rela burst forth with renewed speed. <I am going to make this damn transport, or die trying.> With that thought on her mind and determination set on her face, Rela raced to the landin

18. mouse2

Oct 29, 1999
    Qui-Gon Jinn stifled a chuckle as he watched Rela come to terms with what had happened. She had looked as if she had been in battle. Her hair unkempt and wild and one of the sleeves of her tunic had blood on it, but her eyes shone in excitement. Qui-Gon waited patiently for Rela to ask him what was going on. She looked at him trying to decide what to do first. Finally, she gave in to her questions.

?What are you doing here?? she asked him.

?Waiting for you.? he answered

?Why? Is that what you and Els-? Rela cut herself off as it suddenly dawned on her. She glared at Qui-Gon. ?You set me up. You knew that one way or another you would get me to go see her.?

Qui-Gon quietly stood waiting for Rela to finish her tirade. Then, as suddenly as she started, Rela stopped, and with a mischievous glint in her eye she laughed and said ?I?m impressed.?

?Shall we go join the others?? Qui-Gon asked

?Certainly. I was wondering where Ben was.?

?Ben?? Qui-Gon asked surprised.

?Yes, Ben. You know, your Padawan. Anyway, let?s go.? Rela walked over to Qui-Gon and slipped her arm through his and they went to go find the others.

?Padawans stand down!? shouted Kelmi Tiros. She had been looking for her padawan and ran into him in a a stand off with Obi-Wan. They both turned, tearing their gaze away from each other slowly. Kelmi knew about the past history of the two padawans and had hoped they could work thing out themselves. The last thing she wanted was the mission to fail because of two fighting padawans. She knew the best thing she could do was either keep them away from each other, or make them so tired they wouldn?t care about each other. She decided the latter option was best.

?Since you both believe that you need to fight to solve your problems, I?ll see you both later today for lightsaber practice. First, I want you to meditate, in separate areas, on how to settle your differences without resorting to violence.?

At that moment, Qui-Gon and Rela walked into the room. ?I agree with Mater Tiros. You both need to learn patience and tolerance of each other.?

?No offense meant Master Jinn, but I feel you should keep a watch out for your Padawan and not some strange girl.? Kelmi pointed to Rela for emphasis.

?None taken Master Tiros, but I would say the same of you.?

Bruck then noticed Rela standing with Qui-Gon. ?You! You?re the cause for all this!? he yelled at her.

?Me? I just walked in the door, for force sake.?Rela replied to him. ?This is nothing, you should have seen them the other day.?

Obi-Wan and Bruck stared at her realizing that she had seen them fighting. Rela saw their reaction and knew that they didn?t want to be caught for almost killing each other. Qui-Gon and Kelmi were also looking at Rela waiting for her to elaborate on what she had seen. In spite of everything, Rela didn?t want the two padawans to get in any further trouble because of her. She knew that she needed to say something, so she kept the events that had happened at a low key.

?It was more of them yelling at each other, just a little more intense.? she explained ?That?s about all, then they saw me and the rest you know.? Qui-Gon nodded in agreement, although he knew that she wasn?t telling everything. Kelmi, on the other hand, wasn?t so sure about the story or Rela, but she didn?t voice her concerns. Before another word was said, Bruck walked over to grab Rela.

?I need to explain something to yo-?

?OW!? Rela yelled. Bruck had grabbed her by the arm that she had cut earlier at the bar. ?Oh, man! You made it start bleeding again. Thanks a lot Bruck! If you will all excuse me, I?m going to go clean up.?

As Rela walked away, the two masters returned their attention back to their padawans. Finally, Qui-Gon spoke. ?I believe you two had something to do?? The padawans bowed in acknowledgment and took their separate leave. Then the two masters faced each other. They both had much to say to each other, but they mutely decided to wait for better circu

19. Jedi Master Nejaa Halcyon

Jedi Master Nejaa Halcyon Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 16, 2000
    Re-post!!! Oh Yes!! Sweet as a nut!!!

20. mouse2

Oct 29, 1999
    Obi-Wan wandered aimlessly through the ship as he looked for a quiet place to get away from everyone. He knew he should be meditating, but he had too much on his mind. He knew how most of the other maters felt about him and Master Tiros was one of the worst. Of course having Bruck as her padawan didn?t help. Kelmi Tiros was very strict and by the code, and she frowned upon those that weren?t; especially Master Qui-Gon. Obi-Wan hoped that with bringing Rela with them wouldn?t push Master Tiros over the edge. From what he had observed already, he had a feeling that Rela wasn?t partial to rules. Obi-Wan decided that he should probably get to his room in case Master Tiros came looking for him. As he rounded the corner he ran into the one person who he thought might be able to get him out of trouble, or so he thought. There sat Rela, trying in desperately to get her arm to stop bleeding and clean. She had taken off her tunic and was now wearing a top which left her arms bare. Obi-Wan could tell that her arm was much worse than she had let on. It was mostly small cuts and scratches, but their was a large gash and she couldn?t quite reach it. Obi-Wan knew that she had seen him coming, but she kept her attention on her arm. He decided that she was to proud to ask for help, so he walked over and started cleaning the gash.

?Thank you, but you don?t have to do that.? she told him.

?Yes I do. For one thing you could reach it and another I feel that I owe you one.?

?For what? Almost getting you into more trouble?? she asked.

?No, you didn?t, and Bruck does a good job of that all by himself.? he told her and Rela started to laugh. Her laugh was so infectious that Obi-Wan found himself smiling. ?You really should get a healer to look at this.?

?I?ll be fine.?she started, but then saw the look on Obi-Wan?s face. ?Okay, I promise as soon as I can I?ll get a healer to look at it. Happy??

?Yes, but since your making promises, I have a proposition for you.? he paused waiting for Rela to comment.

?You?ve got my attention, what is it??

?As you have noticed, Bruck and I do not get along very well.?

?That?s an understatement.?

?Well, if you can help me keep out of trouble with Bruck, I?ll help you stay out of trouble in general.?

?What if I want to get into trouble?? she laughed.

Obi-Wan waited for Rela to give him a straight answer. He hoped this would work. He knew that she could help him avoid Bruck, and how much trouble could she get into?

?All right, you have a deal. Its a promise.? Rela held out her hand and Obi-Wan took it. Then she pulled him in close to warn him. ?You have no idea what you just got yourself into. Trouble follows me like fur on a wookie. Thanks for the help, Ben. I?ll see you around. I?m going to go snoop around.?

Out of everything Rela said, Obi-Wan could only think about one thing. <Ben?>

As tired as he was Obi-Wan couldn?t sleep. He contributed it to the lightsaber practice he and Bruck had. It had lasted for hours with both his master and Master Tiros looking on. Although Master Tiros had intended for it to be punishment, Obi-Wan knew he had done well and made Qui-Gon proud, but had angered Bruck in the meantime. He hated dueling with Bruck, it always caused a new rift between them. Bruck seem to think that everything was a personal insult towards him, including Rela joining them. Now there was someone he couldn?t figure out. She seemed to have a distaste toward authority, yet everyone who knows her loves her. She treated everyone as an equal including his master. Come to think of it the only time she used his title was at the temple that day. Since then she had always called him by his first name. Another thing is that she knows everybody. Obi-Wan knew that if she were ever dropped off on some distant planet, she would know someone that could give her a ride to anywhere she wanted. Rela knew at least half the beings on this transport by their first name, including the pilot. Who since learning that Rel

21. jodiwent

jodiwent Jedi Master star 4

Feb 11, 2000
    I know I started reading this one the last time, this time I'm going to have to keep up with it! I think Rela is a great character.

22. mouse2

Oct 29, 1999
    Kelmi Tiros stood over the sleeping form of her padawan. They had grown close in the four years they had spent together. Kelmi knew all about Bruck?s quickness to his anger, but felt in her heart that she could teach him overcome it. She felt that this mission would make him either revert to his old ways or help him fully overcome it. Kelmi knew about Qui-Gon?s reputation of being a great master and she agreed with it, but she did not care for his ways of teaching and his defiance of the council. She felt that rules were meant to be followed and can only help a Jedi. She knew that her way would be best in keeping the padawans from fighting. Who did Master Jinn think he was anyway? What right did he have bringing some strange, non-Jedi girl along with them on a Jedi mission? She knew that she would have to keep a close eye on this Rela girl. Her padawans voice brought her attention back to him.

?Good morning, Master.?

?Good morning, Padawan. You slept well I trust??

?Yes, Master. May I ask what?s bothering you??

Kelmi went straight to the heart of the matter. ?What do you know about this Rela girl??

?Not too much. I thought she was some delivery girl at first. Then Master Jinn interrupted us and surprised us by saying that he knew her.?Bruck stifled a chuckle as he remember the disbelief that crossed Oafy-Wan?s face. ?I do remember that she was very disrespectful toward any type of authority.?

This information worried Kelmi. Anyone that didn?t follow the rules or the chain of command caused Kelmi to worry. Then suddenly she had an idea about how to deal with this loose cannon called Rela. ?Bruck, somehow we have to make sure that Rela doesn?t cause any unexpected trouble. We need to keep an eye on her at all times. I?m expected to work with Master Jinn, but I want to keep an eye on him as well. I want you to stay as close as you can to Rela and make sure that she stays out of our way. Can you do that and not get in a fight with Padawan Kenobi??

?Yes, Master.? Bruck grew excited as he thought about the assignment his master had given him. He would find out what Rela was hiding and get even with Oafy-Wan while he was at it.

Qui-Gon woke up to find his padawan missing. After taking a quick look around, Qui-Gon found Obi-Wan?s note. <Ever the dutiful padawan aren't you Obi-Wan? I know all you?ve ever wanted to be is a Jedi, but just once couldn?t you act like a teenager?> Qui-Gon laughed to himself as he remembered what Obi-Wan had told him the night before.

?We made a deal Master. If Rela helps me stay out of trouble with Bruck on this mission, I?ll help her stay out of trouble all together.?

Qui-Gon knew his heart was in the right place and he did need help in dealing with Bruck, but what possessed him to make a deal with Rela? Granted they both could learn quite a few things from each other. For one, Obi-Wan could see what it was like to have fun, and Rela was a professional when it came to goofing off. Also Rela could learn from Obi-Wan what it was like to have some sort of structure in life. Not to exactly follow the rules, but to know when they needed to be defied for the greater good. Qui-Gon knew about Rela?s troubled past, he helped her fight her way out of it for force sake, but he hoped that it wouldn?t catch up with her. He loved her like a surrogate father, almost as much as Obi-Wan, but unlike Obi-Wan, he knew that Rela had a temper and dreaded the moment when it would rear its ugly head. He knew it would, he only hoped she could control it this time.

23. Calamity Jinn

May 23, 2000

You know, it's great to have an excuse to re-read this! *grins*

24. mouse2

Oct 29, 1999
    It's great to know that someone's re-reading this! *grin*

Rela waited for Obi-Wan to gain the courage to ask the right question.

?Do you mind if I ask you a personal question?? he asked.

<That wasn?t it.> ?Does anyone ever say no to that question??

?How did you meet Master Qui-Gon??

<Come on Ben! Its not this hard to ask the right question.> ?I don?t know. He was always there. Just one of those people you always know. I know you want to ask me something else Ben. Just blurt it out.?

?Why are you calling me Ben?? he blurted. He was still trying to find the right words to use to find out about what she wanted from him and his master.

?Because it was the first name that came to mind when you introduced yourself at the bar. Plus, Ben is a whole lot easier to yell than Obi-Wan if I ever need help.? Obi-Wan looked confused and Rela felt that she needed to elaborate. ?Hey, if it helps I had one for Qui-Gon, too.?

?Really? What was it??

?That?s another story, and I?m still waiting.?

Obi-Wan decided that if she kept harping on him to ask the question, the answer couldn?t be bad. ?Well, you?re not going to come betw-?

?I?m glad to see you two getting along.? interrupted Qui-Gon.

Rela threw her hand up in expiration. Obi-Wan closed his eyes and sighed knowing all to well that he had just lost his chance.

Qui-Gon knew that he had interrupted something, but he had to talk to Rela about the mission. ?Obi-Wan, could you go and ask the pilot when he expects to arrive at Selyr??

?Yes, Master.? Obi-Wan got up to leave.

Rela spoke up to try to put Obi-Wan?s mind at rest. ?Hey, Ben! The pilot?s name is Torg and tell him I said hi. By the way, in answer to your question, I wouldn?t dream of it.?

Obi-Wan?s face was flooded with relief, and he felt as if a huge weight was lifted off his shoulders. ?Thank you, Rela.? he told her as he walked out the door.

Once Obi-Wan had left, Qui-Gon decided it was time to tell Rela what was going on. He knew she thought they were going to see her mother, but the situation had changed. He needed her on this mission, he didn?t know why, but the force kept telling him they did.

?We?re going to Selyr aren?t we?? asked Rela.

?Yes, and there are a few things that you need to know about before we get there.?

?I?m listening.?

?For one thing, our identity as Jedi is to be kept a secret.? Qui-Gon explained.

?All right, a covert operation, and another thing??

?You?re going along because of your unique talent of gaining elusive information. Also consider me as your guardian while on this planet, so do your best to stay out of trouble.?

?Okay, you want me along to do all the eavesdropping and spying,? Rela reiterated, ?and you want me to be on my best behavior. Qui-Gon isn?t that a contradiction in terms??

?Considering that it?s you, yes it is. I also know about the deal you made with my padawan and I expect you to honor that.?

Rela started to laugh. ?That?s a pretty funny deal if you think about it, but I promise I won?t get either of us in too much trouble, and if I do I?ll do my best to get us out of it.?

Qui-Gon smiled along with her. ?That?s all I can ask, is you do your best in all areas concerned, especially keeping our identity a secret.?

?Qui-Gon, when have you ever known me to freely give out information??

?Point taken. I?ll leave you to your privacy.?

Rela was once again alone and she returned her attention to her data pad. Although she sat unmoving, her mind was racing with the information that Qui-Gon had given her. She knew there was more to why she was joining a Jedi mission. Then a new voice broke her thoughts.

?What are you doing??

<What does it take to get some time by myself?> Nothing Bruck. Just trying to get some time to myself.?

?Do you want some company??

?Bruck, why are you trying to be nice to me and what part of ?time to myself? don?t you understand??

?I?m just trying to make conversation, to know who we?re going to be working wi

25. mouse2

Oct 29, 1999
    Tensions were still high on the ship once they reached Selyr. After the first day, Rela did her best to keep to herself and so did everybody else. It was almost as if, once reaching Selyr, attitudes had changed. Everyone was happy to get out of the cramped quarters and to get to the business at hand. The four Jedi disembarked wearing plain clothes and looking quite like a family ready for a quiet stay. They walked together towards the reception area to sign in for the room they were assigned. Rela, on the other hand was no where to be seen. Then, seemingly out of nowhere, laughter exploded from the boarding ramp. Rela was standing on the loading dock talking with the pilot, and they were both laughing over a shared joke. Then Rela looked up and found the foursome waiting on her. With a quick hug to the pilot, she started towards the group. Suddenly she turned around and shouted back to him.

?Hey Torg! Do me a favor and tell Riff that next time when he does something like that to check his notes first!?

She laughed again and started back towards the Jedi. Once Rela got closer she noticed that they were all dressed the same, but they were missing their cloaks. <Oh yeah.> she thought sarcastically to herself, <You Jedi are masters of disguise.> Rela finally caught up with the two padawans, who in true padawan fashion, were trailing a few steps behind their perspective masters. If they were supposed to keep their Jedi identity a secret, they were doing a very poor job. She walked up between them and slipped her arms through theirs.

?Boys, if you?re trying to blend, this is not the way to do it.? she whispered to them. She then unlocked her arms, skipped off, and started a new conversation with, what seemed to be the groundskeeper.

//Obi-Wan.//

//Yes Master?//

//Keep your promises and keep an eye on Rela.//

//Yes, Master.//

The group split. Qui-Gon walked towards the registration desk with Kelmi and Bruck in tow, while Obi-Wan followed Rela. Qui-Gon knew that the council had arranged for accommodations for them, but the whole planet was geared toward the wealthy and he wasn?t sure what to expect. He didn?t have to wait long to find out. Suddenly a small man came running toward him.

?Oh, Mr. Jinn! We?ve been expecting you! We have your suite all ready. If you and your party will just follow me I?ll take you to it.?

?If you will just direct us to it, we can find it on our own.?

?Certainly Mr. Jinn. If you need anything just ask for Alby.?

?Thank you Alby. Now if you?ll excuse us.?

?Yes sir, Mr. Jinn?

Kelmi and Bruck stood quietly to the side and watched the proceedings. As Qui-Gon turned to leave they kept an eye on their surroundings and followed. They could all tell that something was not right, the man called Alby seemed too helpful, and the whole area seemed deserted.

Kelmi decided to voice her concerns. ?Shouldn?t we all stay together until we can figure out what is going on??

Qui-Gon knew that she was right and decided to call Obi-Wan back.

//Padawan//

Obi-Wan?s response caught him off guard. //Master! You have got to see this! She had him telling her his deepest family secrets within five minutes!//

//Yes Obi-Wan. I know about Rela talent of putting people at ease. We are headed towards our rooms and you and Rela need to catch up with us.//

//Yes Master.//

Another voiced concern from Kelmi caught Qui-Gon?s attention. ?Master Jinn, I must protest the bringing along this girl. What is it that she can do the we cannot??

?Master Tiros, her name is Rela, and ever since we landed on this planet I have had the feeling that she is meant to be here with us. I don?t know the reason why, but I?m not about to risk her not being with us. I?m sure it will all come out in the end.?

?If you don?t mind I would like my padawan to keep an eye on her.? she stated.

?That is unnecessary, but if you insist, I must concede.?

?Then I do insist.?

Qui-Gon nodded his agreement in the matter and continued on his way in stony silen

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.