main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Before - Legends "The Darker Side Of Light" JA 10/14* SORRY! Need a break! last message posted!!!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by ewen, May 29, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ewen

ewen Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 11, 2001
    JA. Obi-Wan is sixteen.

Just read it and let me know if you like it.

As always italics is for mind speech or mind thoughts.ewen

#######################
    His master thought him mature enough, trained enough, and more than capable to handle the tiny little solo mission. He didn?t have to leave Coruscant. So how could he have botched his mission so much that he was being called before the council for disciplinary action?

Obi-Wan sat in his room, still stunned by the events of the day. The cuts, scraps, and bruises still not healed. His master hadn?t bothered to do it and neither had Obi-Wan. He wasn?t even sure his master would want him too.

Maybe the pain from my injuries are to be part of my punishment. Gee, if only that was my only punishment, but with the council themselves calling me before them, I doubt it.

The sixteen year-old apprentice to Master Qui-Gon Jinn was more stung by the words that had come from his master. He had done his best to complete his mission, ever how small, but it didn?t happen that way. Things went terribly wrong.

Seems to be my luck. Always trouble finds me. Just when I thought I had made some head-way with bonding closer and this had to happen. I don?t think I can look for Master Jinn to stand beside me in my defense when I go before the council. He himself said I made some stupid mistakes. They are going to ask me step by step what happened and I can not go into the entire truth, no yet.

Obi-Wan didn?t *feel* he was rolling in his self-pity, he *knew* he was drowning in it. He felt he had a right to be so upset. Not even Master Yoda came in his defense on this one. Usually he was there to back the padawan.

Obi-Wan sometimes felt Yoda defended him so vehemently because Master Qui-Gon Jinn wouldn?t. Obi-Wan Kenobi was always given the hardest katas and saber drills for an apprentice his age. Reprimand came quickly from his master for the most minor of missteps. Only recently had Master Jinn bothered to even talk with Obi-Wan in the evenings as most masters and apprentices? did from the beginning of their joining.

This is bad, very bad.

####### In Yoda?s office with Qui-Gon and Master Yoda.###########

?Think derelict in duty he was? Talk over this with your apprentice you have??

??Talk it over? No I haven?t talked it over. I don?t need to talk it over to know Obi-Wan was derelict in his duty. He gets more like Xanatos every day. This has shown me how haphazard he has become.. He is sloppy in his in his classes, less than perfect in saber training. He clearly doesn?t follow orders or Chancellor?s Valorum files needed would be on his desk and not in the Coruscant river. Irretrievable and irreplaceable. Do you understand how angry "Fini" was? Rightly so, if the boy had not been preoccupied with things he should not have been doing, then this would not have happened. Those negotiations on Telos are stalled out. This could create a civil war there because of Obi-Wan. I won?t stand for his insolence in this matter. If the council does not take action, then I will make sure he never forgets this day myself.?

?Know why the boy did what he did you do? So sure a good reason he did not had??

"There is no reason for a future Jedi not to complete his mission, no matter how minor it was. No, I am starting to regret I ever took him as my apprentice. I tried Master. I really did. I went against my own common sense in this and did what I thought the force and you yourself wanted me to do. I accepted Obi-Wan Kenobi as my apprentice. Maybe I was wrong, as well as you and the force its self.?

?Maybe look too hard to see Xanatos Crion in the boy you have. Found what you thought similar actions in Obi-Wan, now penalize him for Xani?s mistakes you do.?

?You are wrong Master Yoda. I don?t need to pin any of Xanatos? mistakes on Obi-Wan. My apprentice has made enough of his own mistakes for me to question his sincerity in his desire to complete his Jedi apprenticeship?..

##############

Very d

2. jedi7

jedi7 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 8, 2002
    You must be an android ewen, to keep all of your stories straight, I'd take my hat off to you...if I had a hat. :p
    Well girl you might as well keep going cause now I have to know what happened on Obi's mission, why is Jinn so angry, and what does Telos have to do with this mess. Oh and lets not forget trouble maker Xanatos. :) 7

ooooh :) the first reply :)

3. Kelly Kenobi

Kelly Kenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 23, 2000
    Me likes ewen and of course I want you to continue!!!! So many questions are already on my mind I would go even crazier than I already am if you don't continue :D :D

4. ewen

ewen Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 11, 2001
    Obi-Wan had never seen such a look of concern on his master?s face as he now had plastered there. They both stood under the scrutiny of the Jedi council. Master Yoda, head master of the council was residing over the investigation.

?Ready you are Padawan Kenboi to complete your story how and why you ended up in the river with total disregard for the papers, very important documents carried by you, for the Chancellor himself.?

?I have my reasons Master Yoda and I assure you they are very good ones. I just can?t tell you them right now.?

Mace, a friend of both Obi-Wan?s and Master Jinn?s tried to prod the boy into answering. He knew he was in for trouble if he did not.

?Padawan Kenobi. If you are positive you have a good answer, then out with it. Even if it isn?t good, when the council requests something from an apprentice it is not a real request it is a *demand that must be followed or expect severe consequences. Now again, just tell the council what was so pressing, so important that you sidetracked your mission in favor of taking a tip in the Corurscant River. All here know you should have been no where near that river to go from the temple to the senate offices.?

?I am truly sorry Master Windu and I do beg the council and my master?s tolerance, I just can?t go into it right now. I made a promise. Well I made a promise to someone and I can?t break it or tell you who I made that promise too.?

?Break it you will or heavy payment for your disobedience. Master not pleased with you to the point, regrets he has, his padawan you are.?

Jinn could not have been more shocked. He told Yoda of his displeasure with his apprentice in the strictest confidence. Obi-Wan knees buckled with the harsh news handed him by Master Yoda, his grandmaster, his most constant supporter, until now. Now it seemed everyone had turned against him. Mace seemed just as floored by the words. He even got up threw his hands in the air.

?This meeting will never be completed now. Qui-Gon are you out of your mind??

?Master Yoda knows as well as I do and several others on this council that Padawan Kenobi is being judged in part by the former apprentice to Master Jinn. Xanatos? failings were loaded heavier on the boy, Obi-Wan, than they ever were placed on Xanatos himself; the true guilty one. Padawan Kenobi has always had to be ten times better at everything or else Jinn saw him as an equal failure to Xanatos.?

Mace did not wait for the answer from Qui-Gon mainly because he didn?t want one. Nothing could explain away Jinn?s irrational attitude toward his apprentice; the highest scoring, most intelligent boy in his age group. He walked over to the wall made up of only windows and studied to air traffic that zoomed by.

Master Yoda and Qui-Gon have opened this ?can of worms?, let them close it. The council will be forced to take strong actions against Obi-Wan, whereas if Qui had only stood up for the poor child, it would have been different. And Yoda? What was he thinking by blurting out a private conversation between he and his former padawan. I hope this is not one of those obscure lessons he is trying to teach, Qui-Gon. It just might backfire and Obi-Wan will take the burnt of the punishment for it.

Master Jinn stepped from where he stood beside his apprentice and walked forward then knelt in front of Master Yoda.

?Forgive me Master Yoda, but I thought the conversation we had in your office was private, between you and I??

?Lie to me did you Master Jinn??

?Well? ugh?no Master. You know I am incapable of speaking mistruths to you. How could you ask such a thing.??

?If lie you did not then share the truth with the council masters obligated I am to do. Not only your former master I am, head of the temple council with responsibility to them, to all Jedi. If regret you do, Obi-Wan your apprentice then wish to relieve him of his position you also do?. Send him to Agricorps this council can.?

Master Jinn complained about Obi but was he being totally truthful with Yoda and himself? Was

5. benknobi1

benknobi1 Force Ghost star 6

Jun 12, 2002
    Obi needs a diffent master. If the jedi can't give him one, then you need to have him be shipped off to agricorps, then be sucked in by sidious and trained in the ways of the dark side. du du du DONG!

have you ever done anything along those lines before?

6. PadawanKitara

PadawanKitara Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 31, 2001
    Can I thwack master buckethead now? PLEASE???

7. Jenny_The_Jedi_Girl

Jenny_The_Jedi_Girl Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 16, 2001
    Hehehehe maybe i shouldn't read this i might get all angry at quigon again hehe!!

8. jedi7

Jan 8, 2002
    BANDOMEER!
    DEREK KNOLLS... MAD MAN!!!!
    he's not Sids sithly cousin is he? :p 7

9. ewen

ewen Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 11, 2001
    Thank goodness some of my readers haven'tdisappeared like someof the writers.

I had thought to take a hiatus for a week or two,but P.K. mentioned some of the writers skip out for awhile so I thought I wouldn't become one of them. Just keep reading and I will post 'em.

PEACE ewen

P.S.

This story will have a darker theme and since Obi-Wan is older it will have more grisly torture. Although not graphically written, you will be able to visualize it fully and add or substract some of the minor little gory details!!

And JJ girl guess who you can blame it all on? "Qui-Gon" of course.

7 I still think you missed your calling in careers.You should have been a stand up comic!!! ewen

Benkenobi1
    "Obi needs a diffent master. If the jedi can't give him one, then you need to have him be shipped off to agricorps, then be sucked in by sidious and trained in the ways of the dark side. du du du DONG!

have you ever done anything along those lines before?"

Maybe I will have you help me on the next story I start. Thanx all for reading.

10. Hananiah

Hananiah Jedi Master star 4

Jan 15, 2003
    I really hope this is continued I can't believe Yoda would do this but I guess it's him trying to teach Master-I-have-my-head-in-the-sand-to-notice-what-a-great-padawan-I-have Jinn.
    Good work

11. PadawanKitara

PadawanKitara Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 31, 2001
    If you need the break, ewen, don't let us stop you- just give is fair warning.

12. Jenny_The_Jedi_Girl

Jenny_The_Jedi_Girl Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 16, 2001
    Not good for obiwan indeed....

13. jeanieofnv

jeanieofnv Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 17, 2003
    OOHHHH goodie more Obi angst! :)! I love it already. Now of course I'll have to stay up longer to read more stories, but who needs sleep? right?

14. Darth_Leia_6669

Darth_Leia_6669 Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 26, 2003
    I don't find sleep important either, at least until I have to get up without having enough!!!
    I like this story, definatly interesting. And if you're goig to take a break, I agree fair warning would be nice. Otherwise, hope you post again soon!

15. ewen

ewen Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 11, 2001
    See some new names of readers.Thanx for dropping by. I know I am a day or two late, but here is an xtra long post for you. ewen

#############

Once the council made a decision it remained *made* and no amount of arguing could change it. The council decided Obi-Wan would go to the Agricorps as punishment for his deeds. There he would be under the strictest of masters, Derek Nolls. Noted for his staunchness in his training, he gave no leeway for mistakes so an apprentice sent to him to be *straightened out* should never make a mistake while under his watchful eye.

Master Nolls could become an overly cruel and vicious man in his training ideals.. That, the opinion of some of the apprentices that survived their apprenticeship after going to him and was still brave enough to speak about it .

Sometimes needed, his tactics were. However, not to the extinct he went too and not on someone like Obi-Wan who in the council?s eyes was perfect. It was Jinn who failed to see his apprentice?s perfection. He couldn?t see Obi-Wan as he truly was. He was blinded by the horrific memories he had of his former apprentice Xanatos Crion. The darkness illuminated Padawan Crion?s path like a spot light wherever he went.

Several masters on the council including Mace and Yoda had expressed their concern about the aura of the dark around Jinn?s padawan. Jinn?s failure to see what was right up in his face stemmed from sheer pride. It blinded Master Jinn to the truth about his apprentice until it was too late; too late to salvage anything of Xani?s training. He turned to the dark side but not before he and Qui-Gon engaged in a fierce battle. A battle that started because Padawan Crion?s father attacked Master Jinn and in self defense Qui-Gon killed him.

Then and only then had the true Xani surfaced in his master?s eyes. Clearly he walked the dark side. Nevertheless it took the two, master and apprentice, Qui-Gon and Xanatos to engage in an actual battle against each other before Jinn saw what others had always seen in Xanatos.

Their sabers met each other, powered by an unseen force behind them. The sizzling green sparks of the master?s saber were matched equally with a blow from the apprentice?s saber that sent red sparks through the air. Xanatos used every training movement his master had ever taught him to successfully meet Jinn?s saber strike with one just as brilliant and as precise as the master?s was.

How could he not fight so evenly? While fact, Master Jinn had the force behind his saber as he brandished it, Xanatos? saber was fueled by the anger in him and powered even more by the dark side he so long had carried within him. The dark finally reared its ugly head, never to be hidden again by the evil Jedi apprentice. He would live it from now on using the training of his master to hone his talents as doer of evil instead of a guardian of peace.

Now where Jinn saw failure in Obi-Wan the council saw a *great Jedi knight* in the making. That was why Jinn was most perplexed by the council to level such a harsh punishment on his current apprentice.

This must be a lesson to be taught to me by my former master. Why put the burden on Obi when clearly Master Yoda intends to teach me some elusive understanding about my padawan. I know my mistakes and now I regret a few where it comes to training Obi-Wan, but he will just have to do what the council says. I did not exact such a severe discipline on him. He should have no quarrel with me, or the way this was handled; other than what I thought was my private complaint to Yoda about my apprentice. How was I to know he would run and "tattle" like a child, to the council?

While confused over the entire matter Jinn felt confident that Obi-Wan would be alright under the care of another master, no matter how ruthless the *other* master could be in correcting padawans who had erred and needed to be reminded of their place in the Jedi order.

#####################

Jinn felt a twinge of pain in his chest, quite possibly his hea

16. benknobi1

Jun 12, 2002
    *Gasping for breath* Awsome post Ewen!

After what has just transpired, Obiwan Kenobi has my approval to kill quigon.

from the JA Books, obi had more than one opportunity to join with Xantos, right? so, I say he joins up with Xan and then Xan would treat him like a big brother and continue his training.

17. KrystalBlaze

KrystalBlaze Jedi Master star 5

Aug 3, 2002
    :eek:

Wow... I think that word summed it up. Very, very good.

18. Darth_Leia_6669

Darth_Leia_6669 Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 26, 2003
    The feeling of both Obi-wan and Qui-Gon seem so real, in fact, I know people who would act like that in similar situations. Very good post (again!) Hope to see more soon!

19. ewen

ewen Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 11, 2001
    Master Jinn focused on his mission and not his missing padawan. Missing because he complained too vehemently to Master Yoda, who in turn ?squealed? on him to the council. Now Obi-Wan was on Bandomeer to serve his punishment under a master equal to a Hutt in personality..

That was Master Windu?s opinion, anyway. He felt the council would never have gone along with such a harsh punishment as banishment to take some extra classes in the ways of a Jedi apprenticeship under of the most irrational, harshest masters in the Jedi order, had not Jinn complained to Yoda how *difficult * the boy was to rear as a Jedi apprentice.. Several masters on the council openly objected to Master Nolls? tactics but some felt the harder way of training was needed in certain circumstances. Master Windu straight out told his friend it was *his* fault and not Obi-Wan?s for being sent to such a place for such an unnaturally cruel correction. Unnatural because the Jedi were dishing it out. Quite unusual for such a peaceful bunch.

######################

On Telos it did not take long to find out who was behind the threatened overthrow of the government .Last indications were that Xanatos Crion had put spin on the government?s tactics and now threatened to overthrow the government. Jinn in particular was determined Xanatos would not get that chance. Once the Jedi went to the senate, plus several meetings with a town hall type meetings, the Telosian people started to see what the former Jedi knight was doing.

Some were not even aware of his reasoning or leaving the Jedi and when they learned he was nothing more than a rogue dishonored Jedi a great many of his own people turned on him. It was quite easy to make mayhem for the dark former apprentice. So much so Jinn and Windu planned to head back to Coruscant. However that trip would not take place. They instead would have to follow the dark one in order to find out his plans for another planet. That planet Bandomeer.

Now Jinn realized he might be put right in the midst of Obi-Wan disciplinary sentence while they would investigate the intentions of Xanatos on Bandomeer.

They stumbled onto the information quite intentionally on Xani?s part??.

###################In retrospect################

Waiting on their ship Jinn joked around with his bald friend. Each teased the other Mace would insist it was better to be bald, while Jinn would insist he would take his gray hair over the ?bald eagle? look as he called it.

Nothing but surprised was the way Jinn and Windu was when right before them Xanatos Crion had the nerve to walk directly up to the two Jedi masters

He threw both of his arms out from the black robe with a thick rich cowl that he wore.

?See I am unarmed. Surely the Jedi have not gone into striking down an unarmed man have they? I have come here to talk things over with you.?

?We have nothing to say to you Xanatos and I would suggest you make no more steps toward I or Mace.?

?Why Master is there not even a hint of trust in you for me, your former apprentice who two years ago was treated like your own son.?

?I have become wise to your ways Xanatos . Now what is it you want? ?

?Well I wanted to let you know that I won?t be causing any more trouble here on Telos.?

Windu stepped forward and literally stared the young man down.

?Of course you won?t present a problem here, you can?t. We have put a wrench in your plans to overthrow the government here. Many Telosians were not a aware that you left the Jedi order in shame.?

Anger crossed the fallen apprentice?s face.

?I never left the Jedi in shame. My master murdered my father. What would you have me do defend Jinn, makeup excuses of how my master struck my father down. No. I wouldn?t.?

Qui-Gon walked right up to Xanatos.

?You know that isn?t so. I was attacked by your father. I had no time to react any way other than I did.?

?Oh right the great Jinn could not act fast enough to use his force powers..NO of course not . You drew your saber and struck my be

20. jeanieofnv

jeanieofnv Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 17, 2003
    AAAAAAAHHHHHHh! Two whole days? I'm going to be gone for a week! I have to go babysit Some Rottweilers for my dad. Oh well at least I'll have something to while away the time during the night :D

21. KrystalBlaze

KrystalBlaze Jedi Master star 5

Aug 3, 2002
    Obi-torture? Soon? Yeah!

22. benknobi1

Jun 12, 2002
    Xantos MUST come and rescue ObiWan!!
    ---------------------------------------------

Personally, I don't like obi torture, but its okay when its not overdone, or if he is rescued.

23. padawan3

padawan3 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 20, 1999
    That Master Nolls just made my hit list. Heck lets just throw Jinn and Yoda in that list as well.

24. jedi7

Jan 8, 2002
    The Agricorps has taken up growing whips and chains, gone are the days when muja fruit was their prime crop. 7

25. benknobi1

Jun 12, 2002
    passive, you are 7
    ---------------------------------------------
    ps. Your icon hypnotizes me :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.