main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Before - Legends Abandoned (AU verison of Obi-wan's life, massive angst) Updated 12/31!!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Neon Star, Jun 18, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Neon Star

Neon Star Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 30, 2000
    Title: Abandoned
    Main Chars: Obi-wan, Qui-gon, OC
    Summery: An AU verison of Obi-wan's life, and his coming to the Jedi.

The whips screamed as they ripped through his remaining flesh, as his body tensed yet again and his bloody throat tried to push some sound from him, but couldn?t. He had long since lost his voice, but he hadn?t lost his will to fight. Silently growling, straining against the chains that hold him tight, too proud to surrender, too stubborn to die, he is whipped again, and the poisoned barbs at the end left fire in his flesh. Blood tears stain his cheeks, eyes go wide in frustration as his once incredible strength gave out, and his body collapsed in his chains. Another hit, he didn't have the strength to react, nor the will. Hunger filled his being as his blood pooled below his dangling feet, and he tried to draw his mind from it, from everything, only to find, there was no escape from reality.
    *~*~*~*~~*~*~*~~*~*
    ?You can?t keep me here, Qui-gon, I have to go to him,? the young Jedi said, keeping his back to his beloved Master, his eyes burning as they looked out into the hanger, where his ship waited, as his mind drew away from the dream he had last night.

He knew what the dream meant, and it hurt his soul that he knew who was suffering; it ripped at his heart to feel that suffering at night. The one he thought had abandoned him, his former Master, his father? He had to go, he needed him, and he couldn?t leave him to die in that foul place.

?Obi-wan, you know you cannot help him now. You would only be throwing away the life he saved,? Qui-gon protested, reaching out to his angered Padawan.

?I owe him, and I need an explanation on why,? Obi-wan said, his voice pained and bitter as he pulled away from his Master?s touch.

He had always needed that explanation. Why had he abandoned him? Why had he disappeared, leaving his loyal one behind? Why had he told the Jedi to take him away from the only true home he knew, the adopted father he had loved?

?I do not think you will find your answers after so long, and you cannot go alone to find them,? Qui-gon said, forcing the hurt from his face, though his eyes darkened with sorrow.

?I may not find the answers, but I have to try. And I have always been alone, why should now be any different?? Obi-wan asked, turning to him with hard cold eyes.

?Because I will not abandon you, no matter if you decide to continue on this suicidal course,? Qui-gon said, crossing his arms in stubborn refusal.

A ghost of a smile graced Obi-wan?s lips, ?And I am glad for it, I?ve been abandoned too often.?

Too many had died and left him, or abandoned him for someone else to intervean in his horribly fated life. His parents, and then him. Qui-gon had been his only support for so long, he knew he couldn?t leave him behind; he needed him for what he knew was to come.

Qui-gon reached out again, gently encircling an arm around the teen?s rigid shoulders, ?I know, Obi-wan, but you shall not be again. What have you decided??

?I must go. His voice calls to me at nights, and somewhere within, I still care deeply for him. I could not bear to hear and see him suffer so in my dreams as I have this past year. He deserves peace,? Obi-wan said softly, his eyes mellowing to a pained, heart sick look, and Qui-gon?s heart twisted at it.

?Then we will go, pray to the Force that we may find him and rescue him from his prison,? Qui-gon said, gently squeezing the young man?s shoulders before continuing, ?But while we are traveling there, would you tell me of your past with him??

There was silence between them as they began walking towards the transport, such silence that Qui-gon grew to think his question was unwanted, and would remain unanswered. He regretted asking the boy of his horrible past, and wondered if he had driven him away yet again. Just when he was about to apologize for saying such, Obi-wan gestured in a motion for him to still his words, and so he did.

?Do not apologize. I think it is past time that I explain my past to you

2. Arwen-Jade_Kenobi

Arwen-Jade_Kenobi Jedi Knight star 5

Feb 9, 2002
    Great start Neon, got me hook right from the start. Great imagery! More soon!

3. Neon Star

Mar 30, 2000
    Arwen-Jade_Kenobi: Glad you find it enjoyable so far! :)

*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Atan, the world of his birth, the world dominated by an immortal species known as the Atare?, vampires that bonded with one sentient to feed their blood cravings for long periods of time. A world where few mortals were truly free to live their lives, most spending it as slaves, yet almost all were treated well. Except for the few who resisted the Immortals, who denounced the bonds that held the two societies in thrall. They were punished, sent to the only mortal slave owner on the planet, to be dealt with as was fit. But even the Immortals did not know what went on within the walls of that prison, or so most thought.

The first six years of Ben Kenobi?s life had been spent as a slave, for he had been born a slave, and had expected to die as one. He had never known freedom, laughter, or happiness, only pain, despair, and loneliness, and love was as foreign to him as a river is to one who had never seen water. He knew only of humility and pain, and he wondered at times why he was alive, even though he was only a child. Both his parents had died as slaves, his mother at his birth, due to the lack of care, and his father in a beating when Ben had only been three. Ben had seen his father?s death, had heard the screams as the once strong man that he knew as his father was brutally stabbed and whipped until knowledge, honor, and soon after, life, had bled out of his wounds. Ben vaguely remembered screaming that fateful day, crying until someone had come and carried him off, away from the broken body of the only one he loved. He did not remember love, he only knew that at one time, he had done so, and one time, he had been.

After the death of his sole remaining parent, Ben?s life had taken a turn, and he became a more used slave, to replace his father, though Ben was only a small child of near four at the time. At the age of six, Ben was regularly beaten for the entertainment of his owner, one Toran Gama, the only mortal slave owner on Atan, because Gama saw no other real purpose for him, except for minor chores. No matter what the case, no matter if he done nothing wrong, he was beaten at least twice a week, and knew that soon Gama would raise the level once again. It had never entered Ben?s mind that the Immortals that controlled the planet cared about the mortal slaves of Gama, for never had they intervened, and so Ben rarely thought of them in return, for he had not even seen one in his short life, and knew little about them.

Yet that all changed, and his old life was swept away, leaving him with a life he could not truly fathom. It all changed the day he expected to die, and at the time, he knew not whether to be grateful or grieved.
    *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
    The boy whimpered as another lash from the whip rained down upon his shredded back, creating another welt that bled heavily. The man beating him leered at his pain, a cruel look in his obsidian eyes as he kicked the boy into the dust, and placed a foot on his torn and bloody back. The boy wondered if today he would join his parents, if that day would be the day Toran went too far, for already the man had exceeded his limits of beating, and he seemed greatly agitated at something. Ben hoped that that day would be the day he died, for he knew he could not continue like this.

?Did I, or did I not tell you not to speak, boy?? he growled, digging his foot into the soft flesh.

The boy yelped, and tried to move away from the pain, only to have the foot come down harder upon him, stripping him of his breath and sending shock waves of pain ravaging through his body.

?Answer me, filth, or another lashing is in store for you,? the man snarled.

?I?I..I?m so..sorry, Master!? the boy sobbed, hiding his face in his arms, for he knew Toran cared not for his apologies.

?Not sorry enough,? the slave owner snapped, and brought the whip down on the boy?s neck and shoulders, making the little one jerk in pain under his boot while blood splashed out from the wounds, creating more pud

4. Darth_Leia_6669

Darth_Leia_6669 Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 26, 2003
    That's a new and interesting take on Obi's young life. I like the idea of vampires you have here, and the way the society works. And the slaver got what he had coming, I hope he fails as well! [face_devil] How often are you planning to post, or is it as it comes to you? Either way, I'll be back for more!
    --later--

5. PadawanKitara

PadawanKitara Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 31, 2001
    very interesting start

6. Arwen-Jade_Kenobi

Feb 9, 2002
    Very cool, vampires are always cool! Keep it coming!

7. Neon Star

Mar 30, 2000
    Darth_Leia_6669: Thanks, I try to go for as orginal as I can get with an idea. Glad you like the vamps, and their little society, and don't worry, Gama got what he deserved. I've got most of this written down, I just have to find time to write it up on the comp and post it, but hopefully I should post once or twice a week. :)

PadawanKitara: Thanks. :)

Arwen-Jade_Kenobi: Yep, vamps are very cool. :D And I shall! :)
    *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Ben slowly opened his eyes when he felt the first tendrils of pain come to him. By the second time pain washed over him, he was awake, and was disappointed to find himself alive, for he had hoped to slip into oblivion. Yet it was not so, and he awoke to find himself in a room covered in finery of rich gold and dark red. Someone was attending him, gently touching the sore and burning spots of his body; their touch was like a balm, soothing away the pain. Moving his head, he looked upon his healer, and gasped softly as his eyes beheld the other.

Beside him sat the one he had seen just before he had blacked out, the blood red eyed vampire, only now, the eyes were only slightly tinged with red, now they were mostly a greenish blue. He did not seem so monstrous now, more like a regular young man, with an aura of massive power around and in him. No longer did he seem the all-powerful, terrifying, lord who had stormed in to wrench his tormentor from him, now he seemed caring, and gentle, almost fatherly. Yet, Ben was still frightened of him, for never had he met one of the Elder race, never had he been in the presence of anyone so powerful, and the stories he had heard of Adrain Bloodfire were enough to chill his heart and soul. He had no reason to trust him, nor did he.

Adrain noted that he was awake, and smiled gently at him, undeterred by the rather distrustful look upon the child?s face, ?Hello there, little one. It is good to see that you are awake.?

Ben did not answer, only looked at him with dark blue eyes, eyes that spoke of pain and darkness, of hopeless despair, and it hurt Adrain to see such in one so young. Yet he had once been like that, when he was only a bit older then the boy, though that was thousands upon thousands of years ago, when he had been human, on another planet all together different from Atan. He knew why too, a slave was not supposed to speak, unless expected to answer.

?It is alright, little one, I am not going to hurt you. You?re free now. Please, tell me your name?? Adrain asked.

Ben would have liked to tell him, no human was free, truly free, on Atan, but he did not wish to risk rising the anger he had seen directed at Gama only a while ago, so he did not speak of it, ?My name is Ben, my Lord.?

?Please, call me Atere?, my lord, or even Adrain, would seem like such a curse from such young lips,? Adrain said, smiling slightly, sadly, at the title.

Ben frowned, puzzled at this, for never had he been smiled at by someone above him, not in such a way, nor had any Master asked to be called by? was it a pet name? Or his real one?

Adrain chuckled slightly at his puzzled expression, ?My birth name, my human name, is Atere?, Adrain was acquired when I brought my people from our birth planet, to here. The people insisted upon naming me the Father of our race, thus Adrain, but I?ve always preferred my own name.?

Ben bit his lip, wondering at the strange sound he had heard from Adrain, or Atere?, for never had he heard its like. It was happy, and in some strange way, brought forth happiness, a foreign emotion, into his own heart. It was strange, yet intriguing.

?Master? What was sound?? Ben asked, and tensed, waiting for the blow, or angry words at speaking out of his turn.

Atere? blinked, and his smile faded slightly at the boy?s suddenly tense form just as the question escaped his lips. Reaching forward, the vampire gently brushed the boy?s face with the back of his hand, scanning to make sure there was no major pain that he had missed, only to find that the boy was still terrified of being punished. Sighing, he cu

8. PadawanKitara

Dec 31, 2001
    creepy and sweet at the same time

9. PatttyB0123

PatttyB0123 Former RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 2, 2003
    Lovely touching story Neon.

10. Darth_Leia_6669

Apr 26, 2003
    I'm loving this! Vampires are my other obsession, next to Star Wars, and you've blended the two beautifully. I can't help but wonder what his other powers are! Keep it coming!

--later--

11. PatttyB0123

Apr 2, 2003
    Yeah I love vampires stories too. Next to star wars & vampires. Hum great story.

12. Arwen-Jade_Kenobi

Feb 9, 2002
    Same on this end, Star Wars and Anne Rice novels are mine. he he he.

So, that was a great addition. creppy and cool all in one.

more soon!

13. padawan3

padawan3 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 20, 1999
    Oh my. That was one heck of a post.

14. Neon Star

Mar 30, 2000
    As I am a little short on time, I will write up all responses later. Though I would love to thank you all for your wonderful comments, and here is another post for your enjoyment. :)
    *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

It was night before Atere? returned, looking forlorn and troubled. Ben has picked up not only with his strange senses the restless pain within, but also saw it reflected in every move and gesture the vampire made. His skin was paler then normal, almost transparent, seeming more like misted glass then actual living flesh, while his eyes were now deep blue, tinged only the slightest red. Ben understood nothing of these signs, except that his Master had paid a price to the woman he had followed from that room only hours before.

And so he had, for Atere? had expected his Mistress?s anger to be livid, and had prepared to pay the price she demanded for the death of her ?toy?, and so had paid it. He had willingly given up to her his cursed dark blood, giving back to her what she had in turn given to him, in payment for the lives of innocent mortals that she would have taken, just to get back at him. He knew she didn?t care about Gama, she only cared about making him pay for all the hurts they had born together, the most recent being the pain born from the loss of their grandson? The games they played, to hurt each other as much as possible, were always the worse.

Yet he endured them, out of loyalty, out of love, out of the need for her that would never leave him, for she was his Maker, and his all, though he would never admit it. It was a mark of the formal vampire, before the evolution that had taken place, he would always be a mix of vampire and Atare?, and it was not a pleasing thought.

Ben knew not whether to approach the specter, which had seemingly forgotten about him presently, or continue his silent vigil. The choice was taken from him when Atere?s near blank gaze took in the uneaten food on the table, then his half hidden form in the shadows of the room.

?Forgive my absence, Ben. Are you not hungry?? he asked, his strange eyes seemingly to glow in the darkness.

?No, Master, I was not,? Ben said, though in truth, he was, he just did not trust this vampire, nor his seemingly well meant actions. It was also ground into him to not eat, unless the Master also ate, as was custom on Atan.

Atere? nodded, too tired to try and persuade the child to take some nourishment, his eyes already turning near black with the after effects of the draining. He needed sleep, and he needed blood, but sleep came first, and the child came even before that.

?Very well, then we shall have to set you to bed, for it is late,? Atere? said, glancing over to the bedroom near his own, his heart sinking slightly at the memories that still haunted him about that room, before he pushed them away.

Suddenly his knees gave way, and he crashed to the ground, his vision going haze as he hit the hard wood floor. He felt his body begin to react to the blood lust as the last of his stores were used up in an attempt to keep going. She had taken too much, far too much; he had just not realized how extensively she had gone. The lingering blood ecstasy always did wreak havoc upon his senses, until it was too late to do anything about it.

He sensed the child approach wearily, could feel the blue/green eyes watching him, could see, hear, and taste the sweet blood that ran through that child, and fought the vampire within to keep from reaching out and grasping hold of one small arm, and draining him then and there. Atere? had long since developed another way of feeding, finding that the old way was both brutal, and antique, and so had developed his body to be able to suck blood from the flesh of any being, without breaking said flesh. He couldn?t let Ben touch him, until he could control it.

?Ben! Don?t come closer,? he struggled out through slowly numbing lips.

Ben stopped, a mix of fear and wonder sweeping over his face as he looked over his new Master, seeing the pure agony pouring out of the other, and the strange, white-ho

15. PaddyJuan

PaddyJuan Jedi Master star 4

Nov 15, 2002
    i like vampire fic. keep on writing.

16. PatttyB0123

Apr 2, 2003
    Ohh! Ben was so close. Ahh. "Stay away from him Ben"

17. Arwen-Jade_Kenobi

Feb 9, 2002
    Intense addition there. What was going on with Atere' anyway?

more soon!

18. Darth_Leia_6669

Apr 26, 2003
    I liked that scene, especially the part where Atere had found another way to gather the blood he needed, sounds like an energy vamp. I also liked the way that Obi was able to tell that Atere was as much of a slave as he was, and knew that he could trust him. This is a really cool fic, and I await more!

PS Anne Rice Rules!

--later--

19. PatttyB0123

Apr 2, 2003
    Next post please.....

20. padawan3

padawan3 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 20, 1999
    Please write more soon.

21. Neon Star

Mar 30, 2000
    PadawanKitara: Its going to get creepier soon enough, but I'm glad you enjoyed it. :)

PatttyB0123: Thanks, those are two of my fav subjects as well, and I always thought vampires and SW were a good mix. :) Ben has learned his lesson, but who knows what will happen. ;)

Darth_Leia_6669: Thank you! I was a little worried about the blending of certian areas. I'm glad to know I'm doing what I intend. You'll see about Atere's powers soon. Yeah, Obi is so perceptive like that, and Atere', with the trouble he gets into, needs that ability. ;) Thanks for the comments, and I shall keep it up! :)

Arwen-Jade_Kenobi: Anne Rice is a fav vampire author of mine, I love her vamp Lestat, as well as the rest of them. :) Atere' was experiencing what would have happened if Armond had finished with Lestat, he was nearly drained of all of his stored blood, thus weakening him. Thanks for your comments. :)

padawan3: Thanks, glad to know I'm still shocking. ;) :)

PaddyJuan: Thanks, and I will. :)

Okay, not much Obi in this short post, but I promise there will be more then enough Obi goodness in the next. Enjoy and thanks for all the comments! :D
    *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Nar left an hour later, leaving without a word or glance to the young slave sitting silently on the floor beside his Master?s door. When he was gone, Ben quietly stood, and crept into the still open door, determined to make sure his Master was resting.

The room he entered was much like the one he had awoken in, though it seemed much simpler, decorated in simple, old antiques not found on Atan, or in much of the galaxy, considering they came from a now dead planet. The only true ornament worth noting in the dark red/gold room was a large sword, with a blade made of crystal the color of blood, and had an intricate handle of pure silver. It hung above the bed, suspended by two wires that were attached to the handle, and the blade, if those wires were cut, the blade would easily sever the head from the body of the vampire sleeping under it.

Pulling his gaze and mind from the dangerous blade, he crept to the bed?s side, and crawled up to look upon Atere?, resting peacefully, a blank expression upon his pale face. Satisfied that the other was sleeping, Ben crawled down, and looked for a place to sleep. Finding no other places to sleep within the room, except for a harsh looking chair in the corner, he settled for the padded floor by his Master?s bedside. Laying down, he curled loosely up, and drifted off into an exhausted slumber, his mind still spinning with how drastically things had changed from him being one man?s beating pleasure, to a vampire?s? He wasn?t sure what he was to Atere?, and his exhausted mind was too muddled to consider it. He let his thoughts go, and his consciousness faded, without realizing that there were more within the room other then he and his Master.

The woman walked silently into the room, her gaze taking in both the child on the floor, and the younger vampire on the bed. For a moment, she stood there, gazing at the picture of innocence lost before her, her normally cold heart moved by the soft look upon her sleeping lover?s face, and the peaceful look upon the child?s. Stepping lightly forward, she reached the other side of the bed, and leant forward, brushing her lips against Atere?s neck. He still tasted the same, so mortal, even though he had been immortal for so many years. He would always feel like her fledgling, the man she fell in love with, the man she would have gladly become mortal once more for, had the fates allowed it. The other blinked, and opened his silver eyes to look upon her, his gentle face hardening at the sight of her. She smiled slightly, though her heart clenched at his hostility. Once, once they had been so open with each other, once he would have gladly surrendered to her arms and let her hold him close, once, there had been true love between them, where only ashes now remained. She put a clawed finger to his lips, her eyes warning him to be silent, for the

22. PatttyB0123

Apr 2, 2003
    Nice I could feel their hearts. Well way to show the boy's body resting on the bed.

The guy loves the child. Ahh! Ben. If your path is in Jedi Order? I could see you suffering. If your path is there hey new style.

Great post.
    Good amounts of details.

23. Darth_Leia_6669

Apr 26, 2003
    WOW! I don't know where else to start. That was an amazing post. Just the right amount of detail to describe the brokens hearts of the two, and the unrequited wish they both share, even if they really don't want to admit it. Looking forward to the next post!

--later--

24. Arwen-Jade_Kenobi

Feb 9, 2002
    WOW!!

Great job there, details were really good!

25. PadawanKitara

Dec 31, 2001
    You described the emotions so beautifully

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.