main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

An End to Darkness (JA)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by LadyVorgunby, Oct 30, 2000.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LadyVorgunby

LadyVorgunby Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 2, 2000
    okay...this something I've been kicking around for awhile. I have some parts written, and the rest will have to be done as I go.

*~*~*
    Author: Lady Vorgunby <ladyvorgunby@hotmail.com>
    Rating: probably pg-13
    Category: angst, adventure, h/c
    Archive: okay if you want it, but let me know where it ends up please?
    Spoilers: for the JA series by Jude Watson
    Disclaimer: I was just borrowing them George, I swear. Any characters you recognize probably belong to the man, the others are mine. I am making no profit off this, except maybe the possible little ego boost I get by having people read this.

Obi-Wan is about 14
    AU where Bruck didn?t die in JA#7
    // =force message
    < > = thought
    * * = Italics

Obi-Wan smiled at his Master. Everything looked like it was going to be fine; the negotiations would be a success. Out of the corner of his eye, he saw one of the delegates tuck a hand into his vest pocket. Obi-Wan glanced at the man. <Something isn?t right.>

Just as he was about to warn his Master, the man pulled a blaster from the pocket. Obi-Wan pulled out his lightsaber as his Master did the same. Blasters suddenly appeared in the hands of all the delegates. Neither Jedi ignited their saber, but stood there, hoping to talk it out.

A blaster bolt quickly dashed the hope of a peaceful solution. Green and blue sabers lit up, to deflect the bolts. They were coming from both directions, and each Jedi was covering the others back.

Qui-Gon turned to deflect a bolt that Obi-Wan had missed, and the boy screamed out in pain and shock as a shot caught him the back. He crumpled to the floor, not losing consciousness, but focused only on the pain he felt.

//Padawan!?!// Qui-Gon sent over their bond.

//I?m okay.// He sent back, even though he knew it wasn?t exactly true.

Qui-Gon stood over the fallen boy, and concentrated on deflecting the bolts. Suddenly, a crash from the window drew the Jedi Master?s attention.

A commando squad dressed in the uniforms of the Ottans came through the window, focusing their shots at the Reab. Qui-Gon couldn?t deflect all the bolts. As he was beginning to tire, he threw his body over the boy just as the ceiling came crashing down with the company of Reab soldiers.

A large slab of concrete slammed into the back of the Jedi Master.

Obi-Wan sat up suddenly in bed, sweat pouring down his face. It was the same dream every night since being released from the Healers two weeks ago. He glanced at the chrono. Qui-Gon would be fast asleep. Obi-Wan tightened his mental shields so as to not disturb the older man.

Obi-Wan limped to the fresher. He had been pinned under the same rubble as Qui-Gon, and his legs had been crushed. He didn?t remember how, but he had managed to un-bury himself and his Master, and drag them to their ship. Without his Master conscious, Obi-Wan hadn?t known what to do, so he had set course for Coruscant, and passed out in the pilots seat, waking only long enough to pull out of hyperspace, and make a shaky landing at the Temple.

He splashed some cold water on his face, and tried to calm himself. He was tired, and there were bags forming under his eyes and his sleep shorts were a bit loose. He hadn?t gotten any real rest since his return from Lirdra, and it was beginning to show. <The question is,> he thought, <how long can I keep it from my Master?>

2. Healer Apprentice Lina

Healer Apprentice Lina Jedi Master star 4

Jun 1, 2000
    OOoooo....nice beginning LadyVorgunby!
    I'm anxiously waiting what else you have in store for our Obi-Wan!

3. Master_Tahl

Master_Tahl Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 10, 2000
    A new story, and it looks to be a good one too. Post soon LadyV!

4. Rosemary

Rosemary Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 20, 2000
    Oh very nice potential and nice start!
    Hope to see more soon ^_^

5. LadyVorgunby

Sep 2, 2000
  6. Kelly Kenobi

Kelly Kenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 23, 2000
    Hmmm..... Me thinks I like the beginning alot!

Look forward to more!

7. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    You paint a very enticing picture Lady V. The same nightmare...and loosing weight??? Not good for our favortie Padawan. I look forward to more.

Post often, post soon.

8. LadyVorgunby

Sep 2, 2000
    Okay..I think this part is kinda iffy, and it's short, but here it is....

*~*~*
    //Good morning, Padawan.//

Obi-Wan jerked awake at his Master?s mental message. He had been able to fall back asleep after his nightmare for a few hours of peaceful rest. //Good morning, Master.// He sent back. He rose, and limped again to the fresher to shower.

Qui-Gon moved slowly around the kitchen while his apprentice was in the shower. Something was bothering the boy, but Obi-Wan was keeping up tight shields and the Master was reluctant to break them down by force. He set out a cup of juice as Obi-Wan took a seat at the table.

The master noticed the dark bags under the young man?s eyes, and wondered what could be so troubling to the boy that he couldn?t sleep at night. ?Obi-Wan,? he said aloud. ?Is something troubling you??

Obi-Wan stared at his juice. ?No, Master.?

?Padawan, look at me please,? he continued when Obi-Wan?s gaze met his own. ?You know that you can talk to me about anything, Padawan, don?t you? If there is something on your mind, I?ll listen.?

?Yes Master.? Obi-Wan replied in a small voice. He glanced at his chrono. ?Master, please excuse me. I promised Bant I would meet her before class. I don?t want to be late,? he rose from the table, leaving Qui-Gon with a plate of food in each hand.

9. mouse2

mouse2 Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 29, 1999
    Obi leaving before he eats. Now Qui ~MUST~ know that somethings wrong!

Can't wait to read more LV!

10. Healer_Leona

Jul 7, 2000
    If Qui-Gon doesn't immediately call a healer for his Padawan...

Short yes, iffy, no way. You easily gave us a very good idea of Obi-Wan's state with that post.

Hurry with more!!!

11. Frostfyre

Frostfyre Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 25, 1999

::gleeful applause:: Ooh, good start, good start!

No grammar corrections needed that I saw.

However...if Obi-Wan's legs were crushed (which implies bleeding, compound fractures to me) how did he get both himself and Qui-Gon to the ship? (I'm not saying that it's bad, I'm just curious--did he use the Force, or what?)

Post more, please!

12. LadyVorgunby

Sep 2, 2000
    I hope to answer frosty's question in a future post...truth is, I haven't figured it out yet!
    <shrug> It's a work in progress...

13. Kaylla Norn

Kaylla Norn Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 2, 2000
    Well get to work so this story can progress.. I like it and I want more! (I'm in one of those very selfish moods intreguing stories do that to me...)

;~)

14. Adi-Ser Lence

Adi-Ser Lence Jedi Youngling

Jun 16, 2000
    I'm liking this so far!!! poor obi. more mental frustrations...like always!! ;) great job!! post more soon!!
    Adi-Ser

15. imzadi

imzadi Jedi Master star 4

Sep 19, 2000
    Ooooh. This is good. *rubs hands together* Obi angst, yay! More please!

16. LadyVorgunby

Sep 2, 2000
    upsy daisy!

17. Abbi_Cee

Abbi_Cee Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 3, 2000
    Ahh.. angst, hurt, comfort, Obi and Qui. My favorite ingredients. Please, keep going.

18. LadyVorgunby

Sep 2, 2000
    Okay, next part...

*~*~*
    Qui-Gon stared after his apprentice as he left their apartment. His Padawan rushing off without breakfast just wasn?t normal. As he ate his own meal, Qui-Gon decided to make an appointment with the Healers for Obi-Wan. Something was still plaguing the boy about their last mission, and he wanted to get to the bottom of it.

He made the appointment, then glanced at the chrono. If he didn?t hurry, as much as his bruised and battered body would allow, he would be late for his meeting with the Council.
    *~*~*
    Obi-Wan slouched against a rock in the Temple Gardens. He liked to go there when he was troubled, it was a quiet place to think, and center himself in the Force. But now, he just wanted to think.

<Master Qui-Gon says I can talk to him about anything. Shouldn?t it work the same way?> He thought. <Why won?t my Master open up to me? He thinks I should be completely open and honest with him all the time, but why should I, if he won?t be honest with me?>

He watched the creek flow quietly through the gardens, as he thought of his brief history with Master Qui-Gon. Obi-Wan knew his Master was regarded as something of a maverick, willing to go against the Council, and it had gotten him in trouble before. That didn?t bother the apprentice. He liked being the Padawan of a maverick; it gave him almost the same status.

He and Master Qui-Gon hadn?t gotten off to the best of starts, but they formed a strong bond. Obi-Wan knew his Master trusted him, but sometimes he felt like something was missing from their relationship.

Though Qui-Gon hadn?t opened up to Obi-Wan right away after taking him as his apprentice on Bandomeer, there was a strong sense of, well, rightness, was the only word Obi-Wan could come up with. Then, after Melida/Daan, that rightness seemed to disappear. Whatever openness the Master had been willing to share was gone when Obi-Wan returned to the Temple.

The trust, and the bond was still there, but different somehow than before. Obi-Wan wasn?t sure how to describe it, but he felt different around his Master now. Especially after this last mission.

Obi-Wan hadn?t told anyone, but he knew that it was his fault his Master had been so badly injured. If he hadn?t missed the blaster bolt, they could?ve resolved matters before the other teams came crashing in. His guilt driven nightmares kept reminding him of his failure to his Master, and were driving him deeper and deeper into himself.

19. Healer_Leona

Jul 7, 2000
    No...don't think that way Obi-Wan.

Hope the appointment Qui-Gon made is for tomorrow, sounds like our poor Padawan in drowning in guilt.

Keep ging Lady V!!

20. Abbi_Cee

Abbi_Cee Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 3, 2000
    Ah, Obi's feeling guilty and we all know where guilt leads to... lots of angst, and angst leads to... a good story. ;-)

21. jedi_master_gimpy

jedi_master_gimpy Jedi Master star 4

Jan 12, 2000
    Aaack!!! No, Obi!! It's NOT your fault!!! This story is looking just as wonderful as the last one, LadyV!! I can't wait for more!! :)

22. JediKnightZarc

JediKnightZarc Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 6, 2000
    Ohhhh, This is great so far!

Poor Obi feels guilty! How sad! Qui had better do something quick, because I have a bad feeling about this!

Write more really soon!

23. Kaylla Norn

Kaylla Norn Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 2, 2000
    plllllleeeeeeeeeezze post again soon!

;~o

24. LadyVorgunby

Sep 2, 2000
    i'm upping this without a post. I am hoping to have a post up this weekend, but for some reason my profs all decided to pile on as much homework in the last two weeks before Thanksgiving break as possible.

I will try to get something up soon!

25. Bastet

Bastet Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 30, 1999
    I can't believe I just now found this story!!! It's awesome!! Poor Obi-Wan! Qui-Gon needs to rush in there right now and tell him it wasn't his fault! I'd volunteer, but Obi is more likely to believe his Master than a crazed fan, I suppose. Ooh, I know! I'll give him a kiss! *smooch smooch* Hee hee. :)
    Anyway, good luck with Darth Homework, Lady V, he's a tough one. Eep!
    I'm looking forward to more, I love this story already! :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.