main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Before - Legends Gone (JA Angst)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Ginger_Jedi, Jun 27, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ginger_Jedi

Ginger_Jedi Jedi Knight star 6

Jun 4, 2001
    Gone

Author: Ginger_Jedi (ginger_ninja85@yahoo.co.uk)

Summary: There are some things in life that we lose, and Obi-Wan?s lost one of the most important?

Time Frame: Nine years pre-TPM (AU to JA)

Rating: PG ? Angst.

Spoilers: None

Disclaimer: All recognisable characters belong to Mister George Lucas *bows* :) Original character belongs to me. I?m making no money by posting this, just satisfying a plot bunny ;)

Archive: If you want it, drop me an e-mail or a PM ^_^

Author?s Note: I don?t really know where I came up with the idea for this. I wanted to write and the plot kinda appeared out of nowhere?

Thanks to every kind reader who ever dropped me a review. Positive feedback or constructive criticism, it always helps :) Thank you.

?Master, I can?t find them.?

The hour was late. It was the middle of the night but the sky pounded and glowed with explosive energy. Coruscant was swathed in a storm that even shook the foundations of the great Jedi Temple.

?Master I don?t know what I?ve done with them.?

All throughout the Temple, people were sleeping and were blissfully unaware of the loud night. Others, mostly the very young, were wide-awake with terror, fearful that the world was going to cave in around them. The skies above Coruscant boomed and flashed with a ferocity that even the eldest member of the Jedi Order had never seen before.

?Please help me Master. I don?t know where I left them.?

The majority of the Jedi were unperturbed by the awesome storm and continued to sleep deeply. Storms couldn?t harm them when they were tucked up in bed so why let a natural weather phenomena be a source of disturbance?

?You have to help me find them Master! They?re very important!?

The sky exploded again into a cacophony of cluttered thunder. Jedi attuned to the living Force were stunned into wakefulness. Nature, it seemed, was having one heck of a party.

?Master where did I leave them? Maybe I left them?someplace else. Someplace away from here. Far away.?

Qui-Gon Jinn sat up slowly, his eyes trailing to the window that rattled as rain hurtled against it. The power of the storm outside was immense and wouldn?t be contained. But no, that wasn?t the source of his awakening. A different storm had awoken his unconscious mind with a bump.

?Obi-Wan??

Concern swept through Qui-Gon like a wave of nausea. He threw off his bed sheets and headed to his Padawan?s room. Something wasn?t right. Something wasn?t?

?Padawan are you??

Lightning sparked off again, illuminating the room in a brief white haze. The bed was empty and the sheets had been bunched up, along with the pillow, in one corner. Books lay scattered everywhere, clothes were hanging out of open cupboards and draws and Obi-Wan Kenobi was nowhere to be seen.

?Obi-Wan where are you??

Qui-Gon?s first instinct was to trace Obi-Wan via their bond but the instant he reached out to it he realised it wasn?t going to work. The bond was locked up tight; shielded and remote. Qui-Gon heard the door to their apartment suddenly slide shut.

/They warned me this would happen. They warned me he?d do this. Damn it!/

The storm continued on, heedless of Qui-Gon?s trouble. The Master hurriedly got dressed and then placed a call through to the Healers informing them that his Padawan, as expected, had gone looking.

?Don?t worry Master Jinn,? said Healer T?Gaz, trying to look comforting but sounding very grim indeed. ?Just go after him and stay calm. Call me again if you have any problems.?

Qui-Gon ended the call and with a heavy sigh got up and left the apartment. Obi-Wan had, as predicted, gone off in search of something he was convinced he had simply misplaced. Qui-Gon wished that was the case but it was not. What Obi-Wan was looking for would never be found.

Because Obi-Wan was looking for two people who were already dead.

Healers had diagnosed that Obi-Wan?s mind had been split into two parts ? a part that w

2. PaddyJuan

PaddyJuan Jedi Master star 4

Nov 15, 2002
    omg. what a very poignant look at his sorrow and denial. extremely well written.

3. PatttyB0123

PatttyB0123 Former RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 2, 2003
    WOW nice Post!!!

4. Jedi_Knight150

Jedi_Knight150 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 26, 2002
    Wow, I actually started crying while I was reading that. Very well written. I like how Qui-Gon doesn't give up on trying to help Obi-Wan. The storm was also a nice touch. It added to the mood of the story.

5. Ginger_Jedi

Jun 4, 2001
    Thank you all for reading! :)

PaddyJuan: I'm glad it all came across. At times I felt I wasn't clear enough but thanks for clearing up the doubt :)

PatttyB0123: Thanks, I'm glad you read and enjoyed it :)

Jedi_Knight150: Sorry I made you cry! I'm glad you liked the storm. I got inspiration for it from a storm I had here the other day :)

6. Padawan_Jess_Kenobi

Padawan_Jess_Kenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 20, 2002
    Oh my goodness. Its not nice to make people cry, you know. ;) I was like this---> :_|. That was a beautiful, absolutely stunning peice of artwork. The storm added the details and the mood of everything. Qui-Gon's persistance was wonderfully played. But the thing that made me cry was when Obi kept repeating "I can't find them. I promised I'd bring them home," and such. And when he kept saying it was his fault. Such a tearjerker. I think you should offer free tissues with this story. :_|

7. dianethx

dianethx Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 1, 2002
    Beautifully done. I liked how you interwove the storm with Obi-Wan's own internal turmoil. This was very sad. Good job.

8. Hananiah

Hananiah Jedi Master star 4

Jan 15, 2003
    Wonderful story, really moving.
    As a reader the pain Obi Wan felt was palpable.

9. Obi the Kid

Obi the Kid Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 13, 2000
    Ah, Ginger! Possibly your best story to date. Very beautiful. Difficult emotions to handle, but you did it and made it feel very real.

Excellent work!

Obi

10. PadawanKitara

PadawanKitara Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 31, 2001
    You did a wonderful job on that story

11. LuvEwan

LuvEwan Jedi Master star 4

Mar 24, 2002
    Beautiful story, Ginger. [face_shocked] You described Obi-Wan's misery so well, in an unrelentingly sad atmosphere, with a tinge of hope to end it all. :_|

Wonderful work. ;)

LE

12. Ginger_Jedi

Jun 4, 2001
    *hugs to all* Thank you for all your wonderful comments. I swear I'm about to faint from happiness :D

Padawan_Jess_Kenobi: *hands over tissues* Thanks for pointing out the parts that made you emotional. I know how to go about it next time I write something like this ;)

dianethx: Thanks for reading :) I'm so glad the storm helped the plot and didn't seem to be an annoying, pointless addition.

Hananiah: I'm glad I got the emotion across to you. Apologies if I upset you :)

Obi the Kid: That means so much to me coming from you because you're one of my favourite writers. Thank you so much for saying that :D

PadawanKitara: Thank you for reading and giving such great feedback :)

LuvEwan: Well I love my angst but I can't leave everything full of doom and gloom all the time :) Thank you for reading, you're another of my favourite authors and it means a lot to me that you 'd read my stuff.

Thanks again everyone! You've all made my day!

13. ApprenticeM

ApprenticeM Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 10, 2001
    Ginger , so is this what you meant when you said storms help you write? :D

And you can write angst any old time you want!

Good job!

14. Ginger_Jedi

Jun 4, 2001
    M: Yup, it's exactly what I meant :)

And I'm glad you think I can write angst whenever I want. Maybe I shall - with a little humour and mush here and there too ;)

Thanks for reading!

15. Nat

Nat Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 11, 2002
    :eek: You killed Garen? :(

Beautiful story, Ginger. This angst is heart-wrenching, and very nicely done.

Thanks for this story! ;)

16. Ginger_Jedi

Jun 4, 2001
    *hugs Nat* Sorry for killing him off but I was in an angst-fic mood :)

Thank you ever so much for reading!

17. Arwen-Jade_Kenobi

Arwen-Jade_Kenobi Jedi Knight star 5

Feb 9, 2002
    :_| Nice job Ginger! Very angsty!!

18. Ginger_Jedi

Jun 4, 2001
    *hands over a tissue*

Thanks for reading Arwen :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.