main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Before - Legends Across the Tide of Time: a St:V x-over | POST 8-6-04|

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by CalaisKenobi, Jun 28, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CalaisKenobi

CalaisKenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 15, 2002
    Summary: When two worlds collide, it's a time of danger, discovery and adventure as Obi-Wan Kenobi, Qui-Gon Jinn and Xanatos come face to face with Captain Janeway and the crew of the USS Voyager

Disclaimer: George Lucas and Paramount own all recognizable characters. I own the rest. No money is made from this.

Author's Notes: Yes, I know that Star Trek vs Star Wars is a common enough theme, but I think this might just surprise you.

2. CalaisKenobi

Jun 15, 2002
    The interior of the small shuttle held only three people, but the waves of sorrow and grief were enough to make it appear stifling. ?Are we certain this is what?s best for him?? the only woman in the shuttle asked, her long red hair failing to conceal the tear streaks that dampened her delicate features.

?Karani, you know that this was the only choice,? came the deep tones of the man in the pilot?s seat. Although the autopilot was engaged, the blonde-haired man?s attention was focused solely on the controls in front of him, as if within them lay the secret to healing his wife?s grief at leaving her baby to be raised by others. ?He wouldn?t have been happy remaining with us, once he realized what he could have been otherwise,? he continued.

?But,? Karani began, only to break down again in the soft sobs that had punctuated the shuttle?s journey so far. As if sensing his mother?s grief, an answering cry came from the small compartment in the aft bay of the shuttle. Rising unsteadily to her feet, the bereaved mother made her way back through the shuttle to palm open the aft compartment doorway.

?Owen, honey, Mommy?s sorry she woke you up,? she cooed softly as she ducked through the entryway to scoop the small toddler up into her arms. ?I know you miss Ben as much as we do sweetie,? she whispered, her voice muffled in the tufts of golden hair that crowned his head.

Holding the young boy in her arms, Karani turned to make her way back toward the front of the shuttle, and to her seat beside her husband. As she ducked beneath the doorway arch again a shudder ran through the small ship, knocking her off of her feet. ?Tomas?? she cried, an inquiry and castigation all in one. Before he could answer, she stumbled once more to her feet cradling young Owen to her chest.

As she stepped out into the center passageway, she could not stop the gasp that rose to her lips upon glancing out through the front viewscreen. In her arms, Owen also caught sight of the swirl and eddy of colors that appeared before them. ?Pretty!? the baby cried, forgetting his tears for a moment as the bright colors splashed across the viewscreen.

Tightening her hold on Owen, Karani stumbled as quickly as she could to the co-pilot?s station, trying to put the sight of her unconscious husband in the back of her mind as she struggled to prevent the shuttle from being pulled into the spatial vortex. In her arms, Owen settled back against her chest, his chubby fingers pulling gently at her hair as he continued to stare out at the swirling vortex. As the shuttle drew nearer and nearer to the apex of the wormhole, Karani fought harder and harder against the increasingly sluggish controls. It was only as the shuttle?s nose crossed the event horizon of the wormhole that she abandoned her struggle for control and, instead, threw herself across her baby, hoping against hope that they would live to see the other side of the uncharted dimension before them.

?Captain, shields are holding at seventy-three percent,? the chief of security?s voice rang as he called out status reports.

Bobbing her head in a short acknowledgement, that unfortunately loosened more of the wayward strands of her auburn hair, Captain Kathryn Janeway continued calling out commands. ?Pattern Beta five, Mr. Paris evasive maneuvers,? she cried out, as beside her, Commander Chakotay rattled off the reports coming in from the other sections of the ship.

?Engineering reports that the warp drive is offline, but that impulse engines are operating at maximum capacity,? Chakotay reported grimly, knowing that without warp, Voyager stood little chance of surviving this battle with the Borg. Though the crew of the small Intrepid class ship had survived other engagements with their technologically superior enemy, this time it appeared that Voyager might not be able to escape destruction. Though the Borg usually tried to assimilate their enemies, Chakotay knew that Janeway would never allow her ship or crew to fall prey to such a

3. PaddyJuan

PaddyJuan Jedi Master star 4

Nov 15, 2002
    oh wow! very interesting start!!!

4. VadeyFan2002

VadeyFan2002 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 30, 2002
    The Borg in the Empire? That's fun.

Vadey

5. obaona

obaona Jedi Master star 4

Jun 18, 2002
    Oooh. Somewhat confused, I am, but excited. ;)

And why does Ben's mother have red hair? Does CK believe the theory that Mara Jade is Obi-Wan's kid?? Sorry, these things just come into my mind! :D

Very exciting! :D And Xanatos! ;) :D

6. astraevirgo

astraevirgo Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 2, 2003
    Ooh, I'm always looking for stories like this and it appears you're a competant enough writer to pull it off! (No offense ment, it's only that I've only ever found one good crossover fic, and that gets points detracted for being Next Generation instead of Voyager.)

This looks like it'll be a *lot* of fun! Can't wait to see what everything means... and how everything works together. Write on!

7. dparis

dparis Jedi Youngling star 3

May 21, 2002
    [image=http://www.balloonpeople.net/acatalog/06455.jpg]

<insert cheerfully corny music here>

Baffling situation you've place the v-ger crew in, CK!

What shenanigans could they be involved in this time, borne of the amazing mind of the Awesome CK??

<kal-AY-kenn-OH-bee>

What will come of our heros when confrinted with this Giant Swirling (yet pretty) Vortex of Impending Doom?

Find out in the next chapter of ACROSS THE TIIIIDE OF TIIIIIME!"

huh.

-_sguid

8. CalaisKenobi

Jun 15, 2002
    Author's Note: Just for the record, I do know that ship's names are supposed to be italicized, but considering that is not always done in the ST fandom, I've decided to take the same liberties here.

Paddyjuan Thank you!

Vadeyfan2002 Ahh yes, the Borg in Republic space. I always wondered what would happen should a Jedi... or rather, a Dark Jedi... be assimilated.

obaonoa And why does Ben's mother have red hair? Does CK believe the theory that Mara Jade is Obi-Wan's kid??
    Umm... maybe... :D

astraevirgo I'm always looking for stories like this and it appears you're a competant enough writer to pull it off! (No offense ment, it's only that I've only ever found one good crossover fic, and that gets points detracted for being Next Generation instead of Voyager.)
    No offense taken :D Believe me, I understand entirely what you mean. That fic you mentioned, it wasn't WARD by Cathy, was it? That was a good crossover, but I agree, it would've been better had it been Voyager :)

Sguidy A constant threat to my sanity, yet one of the greatest stress-relievers out there. Have I ever mentioned just how odd you truly are? :D Ya know I love ya though... in a strictly platonic sense of course.

And beware the great gobs of corn too.

9. CalaisKenobi

Jun 15, 2002
    ?Captain, I?m detecting two unknown ships off our port bow,? Harry Kim, the operations officer, reported dutifully.

?The Borg cube has also followed us through the worm hole,? Tuvok stated dryly. ?They have not yet commenced firing,? he added unnecessarily, as the ship was no longer shuddering from the impacts.

?Hail the two unidentified ships,? Janeway ordered. ?Mr. Paris, hold us in position until we are certain of our welcome.?

?Aye, Captain,? Paris answered, swiveling in his seat to catch Harry?s eye as he did so. The two best friends often carried on a light conversation during their Bridge shifts, but even without spoken words, they could communicate better with each other than any other officers on the ship.

?Captain, I?m receiving no response from either ship,? Kim declared after several moments of steady work at his comm. station.

?I?m detecting the remnants of weapons fire on both unknown ships,? the dark security chief reported. ?It is unclear as to which ship was the aggressor.?

Raising an eyebrow at Tuvok?s statements, Captain Janeway turned to her second-in-command. ?Chakotay, contact Engineering and see if our warp drive is online again. If it isn?t, ask B?Elanna if she can give us an estimate on the top speed of these other two ships.?

Nodding in recognition of the order, Chakotay set to work on contacting Lt. Torres as Captain Janeway rose from her chair to assist at the ops. console.

?Master,? Obi-Wan called, drawing Qui-Gon?s attention from the display in front of him, ?I?m picking up some strange sensor readings from that cube. I can?t really sense anything through the Force either. It seems almost as if there is a dead space surrounding it.?

Reaching out with his own senses before responding, the Jedi Master came to the same uncertain conclusions as his apprentice. ?Have you tried contacting the other ship??

?Their communications equipment does not appear to be compatible with ours,? Obi-Wan replied. ?I?m picking up some electronic emissions coming from their ship, but I don?t have the correct equipment to decode it.?

Cursing silently at the substandard equipment that seemed to bedeck all Republic Transports, Qui-Gon made no response. Reaching out once more to the Force he detected something his apprentice had not. ?There appears to be a Force sensitive individual on the smaller ship. We might be able to make contact that way.?

?Are you certain it is safe to attempt contact with an unknown entity?? the apprentice asked, swiveling in his chair to face his Master. Brushing the long braid that hung near his temple away from his face, he continued. ?It?s clear that some kind of a battle was occurring between the ship and that cube. Until we know more, is it safe to initiate such contact??

?Nothing is ever absolute, my Padawan,? Qui-Gon replied with a faint hint of amusement in his tone. ?However, in this case, I believe the possible benefits outweigh the risks. If we can enlist either ship?s assistance in detaining Xanatos, we have a better chance of finding Padawan Bant.?

Accepting his Master?s decision without argument, Obi-Wan began to transfer the helm control to the station where Qui-Gon sat. ?Obi-Wan?? the Master questioned after noticing the changing console before him.

?If we are going to attempt contact with an unknown, it would be better if I did so,? the twenty-year old apprentice replied dryly. ?If anything should happen, it is much more likely that you would be able to help me, than it is that I would be able to assist you.?

?Padawan, as your Master it is my duty to?? Qui-Gon began, only to be interrupted by Obi-Wan.

?It is your duty to make certain that Xanatos does not escape us,? the apprentice declared. ?If Xanatos makes his escape, we will not know where Padawan Bant is, nor will we know what plans he has for the Durillium he collected. The Council needs that information, and you need to gather it for them.?

As Obi-Wan finished speaking, Qui-Gon merely gave him

10. dparis

May 21, 2002
    dun-dun-duuuuuuuun!

11. VadeyFan2002

VadeyFan2002 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 30, 2002
    So Xan is better equipted and he is faster,given that he hadn't to discuss things out first.
    How easily can a dark Jedi as Xan influence the crew on his behalf insted of Qui/Obi's?

Xan accepted the unkown tecnology of being beemed rather well.

Vadey

12. astraevirgo

astraevirgo Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 2, 2003
    Actually, I was refering to Ward... funny that you know that. ;)

Oh, *no*! Xani is going to get to the Voyager crew first and spread *all* kinds of lies! ... that should be fun to watch.

Now, the ships that're floating around are Xan, Obi and Qui, Voyager and the Borg Cube, right? Or is the shuttle mentioned at the beginning of the story there also? (are they the Force Sensitive Obi is trying to contact?) Could you clear that up? It might help in the future too to have clear descriptions of what's going on. ;)

This is fun! Can't wait for more. Woot. Write on.

13. dparis

May 21, 2002
    Ward was one of the very few good crossovers, as long as you ignore the inconsistancies between the two parts of the story...
    I really liked it, but I've never found many others to compare it to.

-_procrastinatingsguid

14. PaddyJuan

PaddyJuan Jedi Master star 4

Nov 15, 2002
    uh oh. not good to let xan get a head start. he's a bit on the sneaky side of the force.

15. CalaisKenobi

Jun 15, 2002
    sguidy Is Wisconsin known for its corn?

VadeyFan2002
    How easily can a dark Jedi as Xan influence the crew on his behalf insted of Qui/Obi's?
    Well, remember, Qui and Obi aren't completely out of the communications game either.

astraevirgo Now, the ships that're floating around are Xan, Obi and Qui, Voyager and the Borg Cube, right? Or is the shuttle mentioned at the beginning of the story there also? Could you clear that up?
    Sure ;)
    ?Captain, I?m detecting two unknown ships off our port bow,? Harry Kim, the operations officer, reported dutifully.

?The Borg cube has also followed us through the worm hole,? Tuvok stated dryly. ?They have not yet commenced firing,? he added unnecessarily, as the ship was no longer shuddering from the impacts.

The ships are the 2 of Obi and Xan and the Borg Cube :) Although this isn't clear yet, as it is not supposed to be, the shuttle at the beginning was IN the Republic and has now gone elsewhere.

It might help in the future too to have clear descriptions of what's going on.
    Unfortunately, the way that I write, there are going to be questions through until the end. On one of my other stories *POS* I am only now answering questions my readers have been asking for over 800 pages. Hopefully, now that I have the main characters of Voyager introduced to the Star Wars crew, and the main characters of Star Wars introduced to the Voyager fans, I can now focus more on the story. It's been rather difficult to find a nice compromise between the two fandoms, as I cannot simply rely on the certainty that those that come seeking this story know the characters I am writing of, simply because of where they have sought the story at. :D

Sguid Ward was one of the very few good crossovers, as long as you ignore the inconsistancies between the two parts of the story...
    True. I, myself, have always simply chosen to ignore the first part ;) How's Surprise coming, Miss-procrastinating-sguidy? [face_devil]

Paddyjuan he's a bit on the sneaky side of the force.
    LOL! Sneaky side of the Force! [face_laugh] Are you feeling better, btw?

16. dparis

May 21, 2002
    It's coming.

And as for the corn............

No. No we are Not. At least, when I'm done with this here flamethrower we won't be.

-_sguid

17. Padawan_Travina

Padawan_Travina Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 5, 2002
    MASTER!!!!!

I think you forgot to metion the fact to me that you had started a new fic...how evil of you...;)

I can not wait to read more...Good job..

PT

18. PadawanKitara

PadawanKitara Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 31, 2001
    I did enjoy Ward ( maily like classic and a little bit of next gen, but it got too preachy for me). I'm not much of a voyager fan, but this is looking good!

19. Happy_Hobbit_Padawan

Happy_Hobbit_Padawan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 3, 2003
    Oooooh ... just came across this. I love Voyager, I love Xanatos, I love the Borg! :D Looks like this story's off to an interesting start. But hmmm, does Xanatos know what 'beaming' means? :confused: He's in for a bit of a shock if he has no idea what's gonna happen to him! 8-}

HHP

20. KrystalBlaze

KrystalBlaze Jedi Master star 5

Aug 3, 2002
    Oh wow! I can't wait to read the next part!

21. Calantha

Calantha Jedi Master star 2

Oct 25, 2002
    Ooh, this looks good! JA and Star Wars, all in one. :D Great start - though I usually find myself bored by space battles (and yet I call myself a SW and a ST fan!) I can happily say my eyes did not glaze over. In fact, it was very interesting. :)

I liked the way you portrayed Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan's conversation too. It was believable, a nice mix of familiarity and formality, the kind I'd imagine between Master and Apprentice.

So there's a force sensitive of Voyager. My first guess was Kes - then I realized with Seven on board, Kes is already long gone! 8-} Now I have no clue.

I've read Ward too - it's one of the best crossovers that I've read. I don't think I ever did bother reading the first part but the second part seemed to be fine on it's own. And I was quite pleased it was JA/TNG, because I really liked TNG. Actually, I like all Trek...except Enterprise.

Great start. I'm eager for more. Oh - and please, leave us with as many questions as you like. That's what makes a story fun. Just promise to answer them, eventually. 8-} :)

~Calantha

22. alterego

alterego Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 19, 2002
    heh heh....heh...........heh...

I love being spoiled!

-_æ <--- spoiled brat.

23. padawan3

padawan3 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 20, 1999
    ***raises hands in triumph*** Awesome. Its been too long since I've seen a crossover.

24. benknobi1

benknobi1 Force Ghost star 6

Jun 12, 2002
    *unlurks* *peeks around* *goes back to lurkdom*

25. dparis

May 21, 2002
    know that i have spent the afternoon researching the pull-off-ability of jedi leggings over their boots...

Why? yea...

-_sguid

CK, where are you!?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.