main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga My Soul Is Spent--An Obi-Wan/Anakin Vignette

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by LuvEwan, Jul 17, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LuvEwan

LuvEwan Jedi Master star 4

Mar 24, 2002
    This turned out differently then I had planned in my head. Hope it had a pleasant result. :) And this is dedicated to my readers...you know who you are.

My Soul is Spent
    A Vignette by LuvEwan

((''))

After a difficult day early into his Knighthood, Obi-Wan Kenobi recalls the past, worries about the future?and receives comfort he didn't expect.

Disclaimer: All recognizable characters are the sole property of George Lucas. I'm just a pitiful Ewan fan who must describe him often enough, so I don't go completely insane? And do I make a profit from these writings? I have to ask my dad for money just to scrape up enough to buy a John Lennon c.d. I think that answers any questions! ;)

..pg..

((''))

The apartment was still, a darkness pouring through the drapes, and bathing him in that strange, bluish cast of midnight, pooling in the creases of his golden-hued face.

Holopads were scattered in the center of the common room, forgotten after hours of focused study.

One small data gatherer was lit, glowing dully, and he reached down to switch it off. Force?How many days was this left on?

If there was an ache, however slight, that blossomed in his back then, he chose to ignore it.

A cloud car zipped past, and he paused, watching fiery ribbons of orange and violet streak through the black sky.

'Beauty can be discovered in the most unlikely incarnation.'

A rueful smile tugged at his lips. It had been someone's favorite saying, once.

And the meaning of that person's life.

So it had eventually become his, engraved in his heart, echoing in his ears with every beat.

Spurring him forward when he would have hesitated.

Assuring him when everything else fell apart?as it always did.

The brisk, neon rhythm of the cityscape nearly entranced him, but he blinked, looking away.

And was helpless as his eyes clenched shut. A sharp, powerful wave of weariness rushed through his body. He breathed in, gripping a chair, letting the onslaught pass.

Then, he shuffled a few more steps and palmed the entrance panel to his quarters.

They were fairly large, more than twice the size of his former room, now occupied by his apprentice.

Obi-Wan didn't bother flicking on the lighting. He unraveled the thick layers of his creamy, slightly worn tunic, folding them carefully and tucking the slim stack in a drawer.

Glancing around the quiet, dark space, he came to a familiar conclusion.

It's too big.

Most, if not all, newly promoted Knights were happy (and secretly ecstatic) to gain a more vast set of chambers.

As a man somewhere between Knight and Master, Obi-Wan had earned the elbowroom, or so a docent informed him, rather detachedly, as she handed him a generic notice.

It hadn't been a major move.

After all, Qui-Gon's quarters were next to his.

The day when a Knight relocated, long, beaded braid shorn from its position behind an ear, was known as a bittersweet event.

The years spent in a teacher's company were behind them, and an uncertain future awaited. Murky with doubt, yet somehow brightened by the prospect of freed individuality.

As he tried to fill a room made cold by his Master's absence, a room that had been brimming with remnants of adventures and friendships bygone, Obi-Wan knew there was nothing sweet about this detail of Knighthood.

The tears that had spiked in his eyes stung with melancholy?If he had felt even a meager scintilla of relief, he was oblivious to it.

Obi-Wan sighed, sinking to the edge of his bed.

The sleepcouch was perfectly fitting for Qui-Gon's massive, rangy form--and woefully oversized for his more compact protégé. He would splay out, legs and arms stretched across the cushion. Obi-Wan would lay in the center?and feel swallowed up.

The Knight reclined, his head falling to a flat pillow. He inhaled the faint, very faint, trace of his Master's rich scent that was ingrained in the threadbare material.

The other bed dressings were plain, deep blue, revealing nothing of

2. Calandria

Calandria Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 12, 2003
    *a tear creeps out of her eyes*

Bittersweet story Luv.

3. Shaindl

Shaindl Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 18, 2002
    Incredible, LE. You're just about the only person here who can make me cry (that's a good thing, don't worry). Absolutely lovely work, as always.

Shaindl

4. diamond_pony2002

diamond_pony2002 Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 6, 2002
    That was so sweet, LuvEwan! I bet you knew I would love that! I know you did! GREAT POST!

5. PatttyB0123

PatttyB0123 Former RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 2, 2003
    I am tears. Nice Post rubbing my eyes.

6. Ginger_Jedi

Ginger_Jedi Jedi Knight star 6

Jun 4, 2001
    Beautiful LE :) It's so nice to see a positive relationship between Obi-Wan and Anakin. It was an awfully sad piece but there was a tinge of happiness by the end. Excellent writing as always :)

7. obi_ew

obi_ew Jedi Master star 5

Apr 14, 2002
    :) Amazing that you can beautifully write so many varying sides of a complicated character like Anakin. ;) Bravo! :)

8. dianethx

dianethx Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 1, 2002
    That was lovely. You wrote a beautiful Anakin, helping his Master deal with loss in just the right way. And Obi-Wan still mourning his Master. Very sad.

Good job.

9. Sheila

Sheila Jedi Master star 4

Oct 6, 2002
    Beautiful LE. You literally brought tears to my eyes. In canon we never get to see anything of the 10 years Anakin spends at Obi-Wan's side before AoTC. I always liked to believe there were moments like these where their relationship worked especially in the early years when Anakin was just a kid. This was just lovely. :)

10. LuvEwan

Mar 24, 2002
    Calandria Thank you. :D

Shaindl I can't believe that my writing has the ability to bring tears. [face_shocked] What a compliment!

diamond I'm glad a renowned Ani-lover like you enjoyed it! ;)

Pattty Thanks. :)

Ginger As always, I tried to include a little tinge of pride in Ani, but since he's so young in here, its not equal to his kindness. :) Thank you.

obi_ew Well, he's not my specialty, so I'm very glad a fantastic writer like you thought it was worthy. :)

diane Thanks. It's always a great pleasure to receive a reply from you. [face_love]

Shiela Tears from YOU? From an Obi/Ani vig? [face_shocked] Okay, you're totally a pod person. 8-} Thank you so, so much, Shiela.

11. LuvEwan

Mar 24, 2002
  12. diamond_pony2002

diamond_pony2002 Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 6, 2002
    Gotta keep this story up! I have a feeling a lot of people are going to like it!

13. JadeSolo

JadeSolo Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 20, 2002
    My, you're a busy lady! Loved it, especially the last part!

14. JediSenoj451

JediSenoj451 Jedi Padawan star 4

May 24, 2001
    I've read a few of your other fanfics in the past and enjoyed them. But I don't remember if I ever reviewed any of your pieces before. (I've lately reverted back to my lurking habits and will probably suffer severe beatings from a few of my other favorite authors for not having written in such a long time... [face_blush] )

Anyway, I appologize if I haven't reviewed in the past, because you are a very talented writer and truly deserve the praise. You use language beautifully.

I'm looking forward to reading more of your work! :D

Heh. And I'm still amused that some of the best fanfic writers are only teenagers. It gives me hope. ;)

~*Senoj*~

15. Cascadia

Cascadia Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 15, 2002
    You do a great job with character interaction, and in getting their emotions right.

Wonderful job - as always.

16. LuvEwan

Mar 24, 2002
    diamond Thanks for the up. ;) Things have been sinking fast around here lately.

JadeSolo Thank you! :D I know, I'm busy and I shouldn't be doing vignettes of all things with four fics going...Blame it on the bunnies. [face_laugh]

JediSenoj451 I don't think I've ever read a review from you, so how wonderful to receive one, and know that you've been reading and was compelled to de-lurk! :) Thank you so much.

Cas Thanks for the feedback, as always. ;) I was worried that my message wasn't really coming across pertaining to Obi-Wan's emotions; it was so comforting to receive comments from one of my all-time favorite writers. :D

Have a great weekend everyone! I have another *gulp* vignette in the works, so maybe that'll be up this coming week...or maybe I'll cut off my hands so I don't start anything else new! [face_laugh]

17. PadawanKitara

PadawanKitara Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 31, 2001
    That brought tears to my eyes. You did a beautiful job of showing the emotions move through him and heal him.

18. LuvEwan

Mar 24, 2002
    PK Thanks so much. [face_love] I still can't believe that my story could cause tears...It's an overwhelming compliment. ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.