main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga The Longest Mile (Xanatos/Obi-Wan/Qui-Gon AU)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by KrystalBlaze, Aug 29, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KrystalBlaze

KrystalBlaze Jedi Master star 5

Aug 3, 2002
    The Longest Mile
    by KrystalBlaze

_____

Summary: While on a mission to an inhabitable planet, Xanatos Lyrisis and Qui-Gon Jinn come across a five year old boy with remarkable Force ability. As they leave from the planet, Qui-Gon Jinn is killed, his last breath pleading with Xanatos to "train the boy". The only problem is that Xanatos hates him.

_____

My most heartfelt thanks goes out to my Master, Jedi-Suzuran, who came up with this bunny in Shanobi's thread and let me play with it. :D

Many more thanks to the Handmaidens, who helped with certain... aspects of this story, although they probably don't remember. ;)

I'm doing this in a very loose fanshion, beware. I will post when I finish a part, and I'm kindda scarce for time, so it may not be that often. Know that in advance.

2. KrystalBlaze

Aug 3, 2002
    The first line is from the play Antigone.

_____

The Longest Mile

?I have seen this gathering sorrow from time long past.?

-Antigone, Scene 2, Ode II

Prologue

When everything came down to the wire, when the world collapsed around her, when the pinprick that was her soul extinguished, she knew that the birth would not matter.

Within her heart, the strings were pulling, the lights were shutting down. Her eyes, a stormy gray that seemed crested on the verge on being black, were shut down, dim and beaten from the nine months the pregnancy carried. Her breath was harsh, dealing with the effects of labor and of the last five months in hiding with little water, scraps of food, and a home which let in nothing but the wind and let out everything that she held dear.

It hurt. Her legs ached, ankles ached, thighs ached. Everything just hurt. A raging fire batted behind her eye, causing the world to tint with blue and the lights above her to glare as sweat moistened her body. She wanted the pain to end, the labor to be born, the child to be out of her womb and over with. She just wanted it to end. She wanted everything to end.

She was going to die.

Even as she pushed, even as she screamed and the pain pushed past her breaking point, she knew she was going to die and that the child would die with her. She wanted him to die with her, this creature who was killing her slowly, this creature that was the cause of the burden, the grief and the pain. The creature that was the cause of her death, that was the cause of her family?s death.

She just wanted him to die.

There were people above her, moving with their quick motions and smooth hands across her bare flesh. Her head lolled back off the table, dark hair spreading along the dusty and littered floor. A hand was at her neck, gently massaging her and urging her to push. There was a loud ringing in her ears, like silver bells and the beautiful sound of a waterfall striking a lake.

Someone told her to push. She didn?t want to. She was going to die; her body couldn?t stand the labor and toll of the work. Why should she push for the thing that had caused this, that had caused her death, the death of the ones she loved? She should let it die within her, let it perish with the woman who had struggled for it, day after day. What thanks.

They told her to push again, or they would cut her open. She didn?t like that. If she were to leave, it would be in a normal state of her body, no cuts piercing her skin and ripping her open. She clenched her jaw and gripped the edges of the table so hard that the metal cut into her flesh and tore the skin. It was just another small addition to the pain that was all ready taking her.

She pushed for the demon creature, endured the pain. They yelled at her, told her one more time, and she sank into the pain, hating it but loving it. It told her she was alive. When the pain began to lessen, she panicked.

Soothing words were spoken, then hushed as her hearing began to dim and the tint around her vision began to fade. She looked around wildly, struggling to see. Someone caressed her cheek, whispered comforting words to her, told her they would look for her when they got to the Resting Place. She laid her head back so that it hanging over the table, hair once again scraping the floor.

They asked her something as the hearing dimmed to a point where everything was spoken in a hushed whisper. There was no more pain, just blissful peace and a feeling of restfulness sweeping within her. She loved the feeling, loved the way it stroked her soul and kindled the fire that had been burning on the last spark.

They were asking for a name.

They wanted a name for the demon creature. They wanted a name for the killer of her soul. She closed her eyes, tears once again treading the path the labor had brought.

?Ben,? she whispered.

It was getting harder to breathe. It didn?t hurt her, only told her of the better things to come. Soon she would be in the Resting Place, and ever

3. KrystalBlaze

Aug 3, 2002
    Up?

-Krystal

4. PaplooTheory

PaplooTheory Jedi Master star 5

Nov 9, 2001
    I'm not really a fan of AU stuff, but even so this was very well written. Definately didn't expect it to be Obi-Wan, er, Ben.

I'll read the rest, so keep it coming.

5. ZaraValinor

ZaraValinor Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 31, 2002
    You started it. Yippee. Kind of sounds like that Ben is some sort of demon child. Any way can't wait for more.

6. ZaraValinor

May 31, 2002
    Upping, need more.

7. dianethx

dianethx Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 1, 2002
    I like it. Keep it up!!! Your descriptions of the birth were really accurate! And I liked that she thought Ben would be a demon child...looking forward to more.

8. ZaraValinor

May 31, 2002
    Upping this in hopes of more.

9. obaona

obaona Jedi Master star 4

Jun 18, 2002
    *crossing fingers Kryste posts again* ;)

10. JadeSolo

JadeSolo Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 20, 2002
    Another Xanatos story! The prologue was so chilling. Obi-Wan a demon? Naw! :)

11. ZaraValinor

May 31, 2002
  12. jacen200015

jacen200015 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 11, 2002
    Ah, i'm been waiting for someone to write this plot bunny since i don't have room for another plot bunny right now.

Great job, i'm looking forward to more. :D :D

13. Arya_Xalia_Skywalker

Arya_Xalia_Skywalker Jedi Youngling

Sep 30, 2003
    So when will you post some more?

14. Jeanida_Myrishi

Jeanida_Myrishi Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 6, 2003
    I liked the beginning of this story vey much

up up uppers up up

15. jacen200015

Jan 11, 2002
    hmmm. perhaps she's writing a lot of posts before she decides to post?

16. jacen200015

Jan 11, 2002
    I said UP!!!

17. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    I just read this, and yes PLEASE post more. This is a great start!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.