main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Before - Legends A PROPHESY DENIED 10/14* note from author

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by ewen, Sep 11, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ewen

ewen Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 11, 2001
    TITLE:"A PROPHESY DENIED"

ERA: JA late, right before the Phantom Menace and during it.

GENRE: H/C with Obi on the receiving end of the hurt and hopefully eventually the comfort.

SYNOPISIS: There are two prophesies to contend with. One will come true, one will not. The prophesy Jinn's dead apprentice gave to him twenty years, in a form of a warning not to be blindsided by a ?chosen one?; to keep Obi-Wan as his apprentice, and all would be well. The other prophesy of course is the ?chosen one? which falls right into the lap of Qui-Gon Jinn, in the form of Anakin Skywalker.. One must ignored in order for the other to come true. Which prophesy will be fulfilled and which will be denied?

As always, Italics indicates mind speech or thought.

This story is actually a continuance of ?Could Have Been Me?. If you want to freshen up on that story, you will have a week to do it, before another post. If you think you might enjoy this story then I would definitely recommend you read the first story.

http://boards.theforce.net/message.asp?topic=11505717&page=1

If you remember Xani comes back as a blue ghost to warn Qui-Gon of a potential tragedy in his life, in the future. A tragedy to befall Master Jinn in the prime of his life, but very preventable if he would only heed the words the blue ghost of his former apprentice, Xanatos Crion said to him. He hinted that Jinn would be in danger if he took another padawan and dumped Obi-Wan. He also hinted that child Jinn would consider as Obi?s replacement would be considered the chosen one, or believed to be by Master Qui-Gon himself.

Will Jinn heed the warning of twenty years ago from the other side of the force by Xanatos Crion or not?

###############

Master would be on the council by now had he just occasionally listened to their direction. It was such a shock for me to suddenly announce that I am ready for my trials. Am I? Does he think I am or is a quick fix to get rid of me so he may train his chosen one; to feign me capable enough to attain my knighthood now.. I grant him this much, the boy is blessed with the force. According to the midichlorian levels he has a lot of it. Master Yoda feels that force could easily be of the dark side. Is he right or is my master? This is the first time I have ever questioned Qui-Gon. However, this is the first time I ever felt unwanted by my master since he finally took me as his apprentice. Many times before he accepted me, I felt that way but never since I became his padawan.

Obi-Wan raised his bowed head which was only bowed out of respect for his master. Qui-Gon was more than a little angry with his apprentice right now and it showed, bled between their bond even over the shields they both erected as soon as the argument had started. Obi said nothing verbally, just stood there, took the verbal reprimand, and thought.

?Padawan the council has deemed me capable of at least seeing to the boy?s care for now. If it is good enough for them then surely it is something you should not question. Get on board the Queen?s ship please. I will follow once I have collected my little ward.?

Master Jinn stowed his hands inside the edges of his voluptuous robe; a sure indication that their talk was over and he expected to be obeyed.

?You might remember that you are still my apprentice and thus required to listen to what I say.?

Ohhh that hurt!! Obi-Wan was half way up the boarding plank when Jinn nearly shouted the last words for everyone to hear. Obi-Wan was mortified.. He should have let it go, he knew that. But right now he did not feel like the apprentice, the nearly grown adult who was just about to take his knighthood trials. He felt more like the young insecure boy Jinn was very hesitant to take as his apprentice and now seemed very eager to get rid of in favor of this ?special one.?

I was never as good as he wanted me to be. Anakin is proof of that. He wouldn?t

2. BLADE_KENOBI

BLADE_KENOBI Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 25, 2001
    Continue Please! I loved Could Have Been Me and I can't wait to see what Qui-gon does.

I just love Obi hurt/comfort stories.

Post again soon! :)

Blade

3. Jenny_The_Jedi_Girl

Jenny_The_Jedi_Girl Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 16, 2001
    PLEASEEEEEEEEEEEEEE CONTINUE THISSSSSSSSSSSSS!

I HOPE QUIGON BITES THE DUST WOULD SERVE THE OLD GOAT RIGHT!

4. Altaira

Altaira Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 11, 2002
    You have given us Obi-Wan?s beginnings. Reading the decisions leading to Anakin?s start and the effects, or should I call them ripples in the future, would be great! :D

I was peeved when Qui-Gon dumped Obi-Wan so easily... Look what he started! Can Qui live with his decisions [face_laugh] [face_devil] or not! I?d like to see where this goes.

5. PadawanKitara

PadawanKitara Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 31, 2001
    of course you need to keep going. I won't be here to read it 'till at least Tues- my modem bit the dust so I'm at Starbucks. I'll try to check in later in the week.

6. Jack_Sparrow

Jack_Sparrow Jedi Youngling

Sep 13, 2003
    "You should continue this!" "It's very good!" :D

7. Thalia_Nox

Thalia_Nox Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 29, 2002
    **A large crashing sound is heard as Thalia trips into the thread** Ouch...

I can't believe I missed this! Of COURSE you should go on! Why need you even ask? ;)

8. CrystalKenobi

CrystalKenobi Jedi Master star 4

Jul 31, 2003
    Yes please continue.

9. ewen

ewen Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 11, 2001
    Thank You for the feedback. I hope you caught up with the first story, "Could Have BEen Me", if you hadn't already read it. Now to set this story up a little more.

To all those who want instant comfort, patience is a virtue you might need to read this one as well as my other stories. ewen

Oh I forgot to mention. This little bit of info. In my story, Obi-Wan is only nineteen and it is a bit unusual to make an apprentice a knight at that young age. That is why it is even worse for Jinn to suggestthat Obi take his trials.. His knighthood is in definite question because of his age.

##########

Obi-Wan lay on a small cot, belly up, his arms crossed behind his head to mimic a pillow, which should have been but wasn?t provided. him on the Queen?s ship.

You would think our accommodations could have been a little less drab and a whole lot more comfortable, considering this ship belongs to the head monarchy of Naboo, Princess Amilada.

Padawan Kenobi was right in his assessment of the Queen?s ship. They had been given nothing more than a sardine sized room with two small cots and matching small, rough material, supposedly blankets, but Obi-Wan had his doubts.

What was the most surprising thing about Padawan Kenobi?s thoughts were they were not like him at all. Normally his Jedi training and his natural good natured-self kept him from ever complaining about his food or accommodations on a mission. He really wasn?t complaining now.

Obi-Wan invented the complaint in his head to offset the thoughts of his master and his disagreements. While not Jedi-like to complain about the kind of bed he had to sleep in, he found it a hell of a less painful than thinking about the explosive disagreement between him and Master Jinn.

His mind went back to his problems, something he had tried to avoid thinking about since being banished to the cubicle, called ?home? as long as they were on the ship.

Master is probably up there showing his little ward around.

Before the thoughts even formed, Obi knew they weren?t right, weren?t Jedi as his master said.

See, everything I do is at the direction of Master. I have never been allowed to think for myself, yet suddenly I am ready for knighthood. You would have thought Master Jinn might have given me time to get a couple of single missions under my belt before casting me out. I guess this boy is too important to be ignored. Isn?t that really what he tried to press on me when he said the boy had to be trained and if the council didn?t see that he would still follow through with the what the force wanted him to do. Funny how the force always tells him something different than the council masters, even Master Yoda. Qui-Gon seems to make it his own personal *prerequisite* to defy the council.

Obi-Wan shook his head, rolled to his side to face the wall, and tried to catch a little nap. That plan soon fell through when a click to the door indicated his master was there. He knew before Jinn?s hand hit the door handle, Qui-Gon was just on the other side of it. He could feel his churning emotions just frothing from his master.

More like a mad dog than a stern Jedi master. Though almost an adult in the Jedi order, Obi still had the whimsical thoughts that only youth made him privy too.

When Qui-Gon entered the room the frothing and foaming of his anger increased when he saw his apprentice on the bed ?resting?.

?I don?t believe I sent you here to rest, Obi-Wan. I thought you understood you should meditate on your anger, your jealously,what ever prompted that little embarrassing and inexcusable exhibition out there on the ship?s boarding ramp.?

?Maybe my master should have instructed me as to what he wanted when he sent me here. After all, if I am such an inept apprentice that I can so easily be replaced then I should have been give instructions word for word of what I should do when I returned to my room. I can?t believe that we are even having this conversation, Master Jinn. I have been wit

10. Altaira

Nov 11, 2002
    You just went right for the gut with that one. And, an already evil Anakin. :D

You did cover first reactions well... [face_laugh] evil Ani, yeah!

11. Jenny_The_Jedi_Girl

Jul 16, 2001
    in this story to it would serve quigon right if obiwan left the order muhahahaha

12. PadawanKitara

Dec 31, 2001
    Oops- I accidently pushed Ani out of the airlock. So sorry (not)

13. Jenny_The_Jedi_Girl

Jul 16, 2001
    I dont know which person i hate more, anakin or quigon, hmm maybe both right now are at the same level, naaa it's quigon i hate more the old fart!

14. ewen

ewen Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 11, 2001
    I really thought there would be more feedback in this one, because so many of you asked for it when I finished the first part of the story.

I will be posting on this every week to ten days.

Here's some "food" for thought

Just how many hours are in "Talk Like A Pirate Day?

I know there must be more than the standard twenty four, because it is well past the 24 hour mark!!

Have a safe but fun weekend!!

PEACE ewen

15. ObiKajanee

ObiKajanee Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 25, 2003
    Okay. I'm crawling out of lurkdom to tell you how much I enjoy your stories, particularly, at the moment, this one. So I'll be awaiting each posting with bated breath.

And they were a little premature with the pirate logo, because Friday was the official day. I'm not complaining, though, because Pirate Obi is pretty darn tasty looking.

16. BLADE_KENOBI

BLADE_KENOBI Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 25, 2001
    I'm here and enjoying this story! I haven't been able to log on lately due to a small storm called "Isabel". I live in NC, and between preparing for Isabel and then cleaning up afterwards, I haven't had much free time.

Keep up the good writing, and I will try to wait patiently for the next post.

Blade

17. CrystalKenobi

CrystalKenobi Jedi Master star 4

Jul 31, 2003
    This last post was good also. Look forward for some more postings.

18. ewen

ewen Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 11, 2001
    Anakin sat in the corner of the cockpit and listened to Master Qui-Gon converse with Captain Panaka, the Queen?s captain of the guard. They discussed their battle strategy. They already procured the assistance of Boss Noss and his aquatic people if a war on Naboo were to break out..

Jar-Jar stood always by his future master?s side, the other side of where Master Jinn?s apprentice, Obi-Wan Kenobi stood. Even the weird gangly being Binks could elicit a certain amount of jealousy from Anakin although he knew Jar-Jar was a bumbling overgrown being which actually got in his master?s way.

Anakin Skywalker vehemently detested the fact that Padawan Kenobi stood prominent and able to assist *HIS* master, if need be. He longed for the time his place would be by Qui-Gon?s side.

And Kenobi?Well he will not even be an ember of memory in my master?s mind: not when I am finished with his idyllic reputation..

Skywalker watched every movement every gesture of the young man he would replace one day.. Not that Ani would admit it, but he planned to mimic Obi-Wan down to every trait of his Jedi mantle..

Before he came up front where Qui-Gon and Obi seemed immerged in a personal deep and angry conversation, Anakin overheard some the small talk by the Queen?s men. Jinn/Kenobi was considered the best diplomatic and warrior master and apprentice team in the Jedi order. He wanted that for he and Qui-Gon.

If I have it my way, Kenobi will be such a disgrace when this is over, his name will be stricken from the archive list of Jedi. When I get old enough. I will show them. Master Jinn and I will be known throughout the galaxy as a better master apprentice team than he and Kenobi ever were..

Anakin Skywalker was not at all afraid that he would not replace the once confident, now tossed to the side apprentice, Obi-Wan Kenobi. He did not doubt that Master Jinn would take him as his apprentice whether Kenobi was made a knight or not. His fate was not Ani?s concern. However fear for the Queen's safety loomed foremost in his mind.

I might be young and small for my age but if there is any way I can protect her, I will. Obi-Wan Kenobi can keep his hands and thoughts to himself.

#############

Things between master and apprentice outwardly was as if nothing had happened. It had been until today. Today was to be very very different. Anakin could not even tell there was a rift between them had not been mended, until today.

Obi-Wan however knew his master was not as pleased with him as before. Little was said between them when they were lucky enough to have free time. Master Jinn felt his apprentice overstepped his station by even hinting to any kind objections to Anakin. He felt it was not Kenobi?s place to question him.

###########

Obi stepped up to his master with a note in hand.

Obi-Wan found it impossible to meet the penetrating blue eyes of his master as he spoke.

"Master, A communiqué just came in from Senator Palpatine. Seems everything is fine now. The trade federation has agreed to amend their treaty to accommodate the Queen?s wishes. Hopefully now she will be out of harms way. Her planet will also not suffer an attack. Of that Senator Palpatine assured me. He also wanted me to relay to you that we could disperse the Queen?s troops. Seems there will be no need for them now.?

Jinn leaned back in his chair and crossed his long legs at the ankles. Think we can call off the Jedi protection for the Queen now. I mean once we have her back on her world?"

?Do you really want my opinion Master??

?I would not have asked had I not. Just what does that mean??

?I suppose it means I feel you have deemed me unworthy to be your apprentice any longer. I just thought maybe my assessment of this situation, any situation we might come up against would not be valued any longer That is if they were ever valued or you just asked me my opinion to use my answer as fodder for your humor at the end of the day. Perhaps you share that humor with one or more of the o

19. PadawanKitara

Dec 31, 2001
    you are adding two interesting twists. 1)what if padme knew or suspected Ani's dark heart all along 2) Palpy showed his hand too early which led to suspicions

I LIKE

20. Jenny_The_Jedi_Girl

Jul 16, 2001
    ~mouth hangs open and GASP'S~

21. Altaira

Nov 11, 2002
    I liked PadawanKitara?s post.

Obi-Wan being against Qui-Gon?s opinion and lack of control in voicing his, is only going to lead to conflict. Ani is lovin? every minute of it! Obi and Qui haven?t had one civil exchange yet. [face_devil]

This can go in many directions, all of which could be interesting. I liked an earlier post that suggested Obi leaves the Jedi. Of course, he?d have to come back. 8-}

22. Jenny_The_Jedi_Girl

Jul 16, 2001
    Yeah i'm the one who said obiwan should leave at least for awhile, it would just serve quigon right, he's such a old goat....

23. ewen

ewen Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 11, 2001
    Thanx for your feedback and from it I think you will be very pleased with the next couple of posts. I mean the way the storyline goes. I hope so. Sorry I can not post as often...ewen
    ############

The landing was the roughest Obi-Wan Kenobi had experienced in a quite sometime. Years in fact when he was no more than Anakin Skywalker?s age now.. The occupants of the small royal ship were jolted and plummeted all over its confines like human projectiles. Obi?s last thoughts were for the safety of the Queen and his master. Being a future Jedi kept him from admitting even to himself his concern was not in that order with the Queen?s safety paramount, even if according to his Jedi training, it should be.

His master was always foremost in the Jedi apprentice?s thoughts when they were in some kind of danger and now was no different. Kenobi did not care how many hurtful words passed between him and his master, if there was just an iota of a chance of Jinn being injured, Obi was there to hopefully stop it.

This crash could not be stopped. Padawan Kenobi was at peace where the queen was concerned. His last words were for her to take Anakin and buckle up in a seat; words he himself should have heeded but lacked time before the ship crash landed at the main and largest hoverport of Naboo. First he was surrounded by the darkness when the ship?s lights went out on impact. That darkness was replaced with an even deeper physical darkness. Padawan Kenobi succumbed to the silencing blackness of unconsciousness when his forehead slammed violently into the control panel of the ship.

Qui-Gon shook consciousness back into his brain at the same time he reached out through his bond with his apprentice to insure the young man still lived. A waning faint acknowledgement of their connection met Jinn. Relief was the best way to describe the master even though he knew Obi-Wan had been injured. He knew Obi-Wan would not answer him if he were to call out because of his own unconscious state.

Next hJinn let his eyes roam the darkened cockpit of the ship. He looked to the corner seats where the Queen and Ani remained huddled, but safe. One clinging just as tightly to the other, heads down in their laps, each with one arm over their heads for added protection. It was common procedure taught those who traveled through space, in case they should find themselves in a situation just like this, a crash landing..

Not the landing Jinn would have preferred, but still they were alive and Jinn always counted the good things as a mission gone well. He and Captain Panaka stumbled to a porthole to see only a handful of the queen?s men waiting at the landing port.

Captai Panaka?s garrison of men had been aware of the Queen?s impending landing but only a few could escape the wrath of the battle droids. There were far fewer soldiers of the Queen's to handle the certain onslaught which would soon engulf the ever-dwindling royal army. Jinn knew he needed more than what these few men on the landing port and in the ship could offer in a line of protection for the Queen and her planet.

He assisted Obi-Wan up and tried to feel through their shared training bond, just how bad his apprentice was. As he became more satisfied that Obi-Wan suffered nothing more than a mild concussion, an idea came to him. An idea which would mean risking his apprentice?s very life,

But isn?t that an understanding all future Jedi knights have; danger is but around the corner for all of us in some way or another during a mission. On some planet we are easy and very tempting prey for those who will not except peaceful means to settle a difference.

Jinn knew his thoughts did not take away his fear and concern for Kenobi. However it was but one of the litany of the Jedi?s commandments to follow. It was one that right now he needed to refresh his memory of, in order to ask Obi-Wan to do the task at hand; that only his apprentice could do while he remained and guarded the Queen and of course Anakin Skywalker.

JarJa

24. Altaira

Nov 11, 2002
    Oh no. Obi-Wan alone and facing his fate, still all he can think of is his Master. Good use of the robe. But, he?ll find a way out, Right? If only to stop that pesky Anakin from getting his way.

Good job :)

25. PadawanKitara

Dec 31, 2001
    He can bargain with the droids. Leave the planet and I'll throw in the sith brat at no charge...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.