main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

FIC: Day of Thanks (JA Holiday fic)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by Obi the Kid, Nov 18, 2000.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Obi the Kid

Obi the Kid Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 13, 2000
    TITLE: A Day of Thanks
    AUTHOR: Obi the Kid (hlnkid@aol.com)
    RATING: PG
    SUMMARY: Pre-TPM, (Obi is 16), non-slash, humor with some mush. The Jedi celebrate an annual Holiday.
    ARCHIVE: Ask me first!
    MY TPM FIC WEBSITE: http://www.angelfire.com/movies/obithekid/
    DISCLAIMER: The characters and venue of Star Wars are copyrighted to Lucas Films Limited. The characters not recognizable from this venue are copyrighted to Tracy C. Knight. The story is the intellectual property of Tracy C. Knight and is copyrighted to her. She makes no profit from the writing or distribution of this story.

NOTES: Special thanks to Brenda and Robin for the great ideas for this one!

===============
    A Day of Thanks
    ===============

Sixteen year old Jedi Apprentice, Obi-Wan Kenobi roamed the halls of the Jedi Temple. After meeting his best friend Bant, the pair had decided to steer clear of their Masters for a while. Today was Courscants annual Day of Thanks Holiday. The day was intended to be a day of family and friends. This was the first time that Obi-Wan and his master, Qui-Gon Jinn, would officially celebrate the holiday, as for the past three years, they had been called away on missions and were off planet during the festivities.

As the pair strolled along the corridors, a loud cackling sound grabbed their attention. "What was that Obi?"

The boy looked confused. "How should I know? Come on, let's head out to the gardens, watch the parade from the balcony."

They began the walk towards the gardens when they were startled by the same noise again. "What is that sound? Look Obi?there!" Bant pointed at the entrance to the gardens. There, running in panicky circles was a large, plump, brown bird. Obi-Wan's laughter overtook him. "That is the ugliest thing I've ever seen. And since when are there wild birds running around the temple?"

Bant shrugged. "I don't know. But he's not ugly, just confused is all. He's actually kinda cute. Let's go pet him."

But before the pair took a step forward, they heard the familiar sound of a tapping walking stick against the tiled floor. "Come back you will. Time I do not have to chase you around the temple. Dinner you will be."

Obi and Bant looked at each other as Master Yoda continued to speak to the bird. "Dinner? What do you think he means by that?" After a few seconds, realization hit the girl. "Uh oh. Obi? Isn't your Master inviting Master Yoda for dinner in your quarters tonight?"

"Yeah, I think so."

"Well then, THAT is your dinner. That poor defenseless bird over there."

"No way, Bant, my Master wouldn't kill a helpless bird like that. It's a pathetic life form, he'd never do that to a pathetic life form. He lives to save those things." Obi was beginning to get nervous. "Do you think?Are you sure?"

She nodded. "I think so. We gotta help him Obi. Before Yoda gets his little green claws on him. We need a plan."

"I got it. You collapse at his feet, I will grab the bird and set him free. Okay? Ready? Let's go."

"Obi wait?I don't think this is gonna work. You can't carry that thing." But Obi-Wan was already wandering towards where the green troll had cornered the large bird. Bant ran to the small Master, clutched her stomach and fell at Yoda's feet. As she faked the agony, Yoda turned his attention toward the girl, allowing her friend to drag the freaked out creature towards the balcony. He lifted the bird, and pushed it off the rail. "Fly birdie fly!!" As the bird descended, Obi-Wan yelled to it. "Open your wings bird! Fly! You're free!" He watched the bird continue it's fall. "Stupid bird, fly!"

Yoda approached him from behind, with Bant in tow. "Fly they do not. Plummet to its death it shall. Talk to your Master about your actions young Kenobi, I will. The Day of Thanks dinner, you have ruined. Humph." And he turned and walked away. Obi-Wan was struck silent.

"Good job Obi. You killed the bird. Nice rescue."

"I didn't know they can't fly. You didn't

2. mouse2

mouse2 Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 29, 1999
    That was cute OTK! I loved it. I got a flash of National Lampoons Christmas Vacation when they cut the turkey.

Very funny and very sweet. Poor Obi! I've had holidays like that when nothing has gone right.

3. Abbi_Cee

Abbi_Cee Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 3, 2000
    Shades of WKRP's ghost! :) That was always one of my favorite episodes. Very cute story, reminds me of the many cooking disasters that have occured over many Thanksgivings in my family.

4. Obi the Kid

Apr 13, 2000
    Thanks Mouse and Abbi...I did get the turkey idea from the movie Vacation!!! That is a classic scene!!! Thanks for the comments.

5. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    Wonderful story Obi the Kid. Couldn't help but laugh as Obi-lWan 'freed' the bird. Obi just needs to remember sometimes it's the supposed diasters we laugh most at later in years.

6. Obi the Kid

Apr 13, 2000
    Thanks Leona...I think you just gave me a bunny!!! HA!!!

7. padawan3

padawan3 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 20, 1999
    Aww. That was so sweet and funny. Two thumbs up.

8. Healer Apprentice Lina

Healer Apprentice Lina Jedi Master star 4

Jun 1, 2000
    Awwww.....that was sweet Obi the kid!

9. Calamity Jinn

Calamity Jinn Jedi Padawan star 4

May 23, 2000

Awww, poor Obi! Loved the bit where he's trying to free the bird!

10. Obi the Kid

Apr 13, 2000
    Thanks guys...just a little fic in honor of Thanksgiving.

11. Tenel'Ka

Tenel'Ka Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 5, 2000
    BWA HA HA!!! Obi trying to set the bird free was GREAT!!! I could 'totally' picture that, having had raised chickens every year, and watching them try to fly. *grin*
    It was sweet, and an over all Excelent story.

Thanks OTK!!!

12. Obi the Kid

Apr 13, 2000
    Heehee!! So, you can relate to the non-flying bird prob in this one!! Thanks!

13. Obi the Kid

Apr 13, 2000
  14. Sat'zi

Sat'zi Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 6, 2000
    another awesome fic obi the kid!!!

15. Obi the Kid

Apr 13, 2000
    Thanks for the comments Sat'zi !

16. Obi the Kid