main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Before - Legends Ca-Tron's Story (Obi/Qui/OC)(AU) A post!!!!!! 3/5

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by ca_tron, Oct 1, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ca_tron

ca_tron Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 6, 2002
    Time frame: Pre-TMP
    Characters: Obi-Wan, Qui-GOn, OCs and others that might make an appearcane.
    This is an AU that will, hopefully, tell a brighter side of SW and include the life span of Obi-Wan.
    The Star Wars God, George Lucas, owns all recognizable characters, all the others were the creation of my over-active imagination.

2. ca_tron

Dec 6, 2002
    Chapter 1
    The 18 year old Ca-Tron woke up with a start. She looked around her room and sighed. By the Force, what a dream she thought. She got up and walked out into the living area and looked over at her new Master and his first Padawan in their seperate rooms and then out the window. Artificial tendrils of light from the simulated sunrise snuck their way into the cramped room, illuminating everything it touched.

Ca-Tron got up and walked to the window that over looked Coruscant looking at nothing in particular. Everything is so different now. My Master?s dead and the only reason I?m with them and no one else is because Yoda says that Obi-Wan?s destiny and mine lie along the same path. That little troll thinks that Obi-Wan?ll be able to keep me from turning to the Dark Side. Like I?m ever going to turn. If I get my hands on that thing that killed my Master, I?ll?

?Ca-Tron, what?s wrong?? asked Obi-Wan, interrupting her thoughts. She turned around to look at him, surprised that he was so close to her, and saw concern in his big aquamarine eyes, which the light from the moon and city outside made sparkling. He was a year older than she and had just gotten out of bed, as his hair was very messy, the ponytail coming out sometime in the night. The light slowly filtering into the room caught the slightly reddish tones in his hair, making the gold strands flare brightly in the early morning light.

?Bad dream,? she said flatly.

?What was it about?? asked her new Master, Qui-Gon sleepily, coming out of no where.

?Same as last night,? answered Ca-Tron.

Qui-Gon pulled Obi-Wan off to the side and talked. Ca-Tron turned back to the city-planet and watched the sun rise. When they came back, Obi-Wan told Ca-Tron that they were going to see the Council in the morning. She shrugged her shoulders and sighed.

?Go back to bed and try to get some sleep Ca-Tron,? Qui-Gon said softly.

Try as she might, Ca-Tron couldn?t go back to sleep. All she could see was her Master dying over and over again. She was about to get up and go to the window again, when she felt a hand on her shoulder. It was Obi-Wan. He sat down on the bed next to her. He put his arm around her for comfort and she laid into him feeling his warm body against her own, not caring about their past as exhaustion took over. She slowly let her head fall to his chest and her last thought was that the gentle, steady rhythm of his heartbeat made all of her pain and troubles seem very far away. They stayed like that all night long.

When Qui-Gon woke up, he went to Obi-Wan?s room to get him up for morning meditation. He stopped in the doorway. The bed was empty and not made. That?s very unlike him, thought Qui-Gon. He went to the guest room and was very surprised to see Obi-Wan in Ca-Tron?s room. He decided to leave and figure out why he didn?t sense Obi-Wan in her room. As he was walking down the corridor and around the corner, he almost kicked Yoda. Surprise, then embarrassment registered on Qui-Gon?s face quickly before he was able to mask them.

?Distracted, you were. About Padawans Kenobi and Wrighte, you were thinking, hmm?? asked Yoda, hitting him in the shin with his grimmer stick.

?Yes Master,? answered Qui-Gon with a grimace at the verbal and physical rebuke.

?Bring Padawan Wrighte in front of the Council you will,? said Yoda as he walked away.

?Yes Master,? Qui-Gon replied has he bowed.

Qui-Gon walked back to the quarters that he shared with Obi-Wan and now Ca-Tron. When he walked in, he found Obi-Wan making breakfast. Obi-Wan turned around and looked at Qui-Gon.

?I?m worried about her Master,? said Obi-Wan in his beautiful Core accent.

?Everything will be fine. Is she up?? questioned Qui-Gon.

At that moment, Ca-Tron walked in. ?I smell,? she sniffed the air. ?I smell Alderaani Toast.?

Obi-wan turned around slowly. ?No one has ever guessed that before.?

Ca-Tron looked to Qui-Gon and back to Obi-Wan. ?What do you mean??

?No one has guessed it before because no one

3. ca_tron

Dec 6, 2002
    I guess no one likes my story. :( :_|

4. CrystalKenobi

CrystalKenobi Jedi Master star 4

Jul 31, 2003
    I have printed out the story to read this weekend. I have a stack of them. Just from a glance it looks very interesting.

5. Jenny_The_Jedi_Girl

Jenny_The_Jedi_Girl Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 16, 2001
    ~RUNS IN, RUNS OUT~

6. ca_tron

Dec 6, 2002
    :D Thanks for the interest!

7. diamond_pony2002

diamond_pony2002 Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 6, 2002
    Wow! This is really good! I love it! More!

8. ca_tron

Dec 6, 2002
    Hey guys! I had to edit my story. I hope it's better. :D
    diamond_pony2002 : More will be soon! Tell all of your friends about this story or there will be no more. Sorry. :(

9. CrystalKenobi

Jul 31, 2003
    Excellent story. Are we looking at a possible romantic relationship here? I wonder what Yoda wants to see her for.

10. PatttyB0123

PatttyB0123 Former RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 2, 2003
    I am :_|
    Nice story.

11. ca_tron

Dec 6, 2002
    Yay! People do read it! As soon as I finish typing it up and send it to my betas, I'll have it posted. Now that people are interested in it, I'll have things up quicker.

12. ca_tron

Dec 6, 2002
    If anyone is still here...here is the next chapter. :D

13. ca_tron

Dec 6, 2002
    Chapter 2

Qui-Gon left the two alone to eat their toast. He wandered down the hall going nowhere wondering how his crèche mate died and what could have made her send her apprentice away. He ended up in the Room with a Thousand Fountains. Looking around, he noticed a group of younglings that were levitating rocks in the small, dry pond underneath one of the falls, as they were shut off for some routine cleaning. He watched as the fountains came to life. All of the water came crashing down in an amazing display of what would be the equivalent of a flash flood over a dry water bed. He chuckled softly to himself as some young initiates miss-judged the amount of water pouring down the falls and ended up drenching wet.

?I seem to remember some young initiates that that happened to years ago.?

Qui-Gon smiled at the sound of a friend?s voice behind him.

?And I seem to remember someone talking us into seeing this up close,? he replied not turning around.

?You can?t tell me that you weren?t excited about it,? said his friend coming to stand beside him.

?I was. But you weren?t the one who had to explain to your Master why you were late to a peace talk at the Senate Tahl,? he stated looking sideways at his friend. ?How are you feeling??

?Still having headaches, but the healers said that was normal for this procedure,? she answered, still looking in the falls, seeming to stare at nothing and seeing everything.

Qui-Gon snorted. ?How would they know what was normal if you are the first person they?ve done this to??

?That was my question,? Tahl replied locking eyes with him.

Qui-Gon stared into her eyes that had been sightless for years. She smiled at him.

?It is good to be able to see things again, like how handsome your apprentice has become,? said Tahl. Qui-Gon chuckled quietly. ?How are you doing??

?Good, considering I just lost a good friend,? he replied, looking at the falls again. ?What about you??

Tahl just shrugged. ?Besides losing Jan and going through major surgery, bad.? Qui-Gon chuckled at her ironic life. She just glared at him. ?How?s her apprentice, Ca-Tron??

He stopped laughing and just sighed, thinking about the study human female with short, reddish brown hair and brown eyes.

?That bad, huh??

?You would be that upset too if your master was killed,? retorted Qui-Gon.

?True. I wouldn?t want to be thrown to a team that has already been established,? Tahl said offhandedly.

Qui-Gon looked at her. ?I never thought of it that way.? He glanced at his chrono. ?I guess I better get going. I have a Council meeting in a little bit.?

He waved bye to his friend and walked quickly to the atrium. He arrived just as Obi-Wan and Ca-Tron were silently coming up the stairs. You could cut the tension between them with a dagger, Qui-Gon thought to himself. A tall humanoid Knight was walking toward them. His cream colored tunic and dark brown pants offset his green skin. He had a breathing unit and a vocalizer.

?The Council will see you now,? his computer generated voice said.

The Master and Padawans bowed in thanks and walked in to the Chambers. Qui-Gon took his place in the center of the circle, as was custom for every Master, with Obi-wan in his proper place on his right and Ca-Tron moving to his left without thinking. This is going to take some getting used to, thought Qui-Gon as they bowed to the Council.

?Padawan Wrighte, tell us about these dreams you?ve been having,? addressed Master Mace Windu. Ca-Tron nervously glanced at Qui-Gon for support. He sent her a mental encouragement and she looked at Mace.

?Master and I had just completed our mission and left the palace. We were about three blocks to the hanger when the Force warned us of an attack. Shots were being fired from all around us and Master pushed me behind a trash container. But that wasn?t very good as the shots started coming at us from above. After a few minutes, the shots stopped suddenly. I turned to Master and saw a figure robed in black coming towards

14. CrystalKenobi

Jul 31, 2003
    Very good. You read the thoughts clearly. I wonder if Obiwan will feel the pain of a broken bond or do you plan on a twist of some kind. Likes twists I do (yoda voice).

What about the tension between Obiwan and Ca-Tron? Is love in the air? ;)

15. ca_tron

Dec 6, 2002
    [face_thinking] Maybe. :D
    We'll have to wait and see.

16. astraevirgo

astraevirgo Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 2, 2003
    ::grins happily:: Everything is so much clearer! I see I emailed you in time. I really like your story, I can't wait to read more before everyone else. Mwhaha. :D

I'd love to see more of Ca-Tron's backstory as well -- seems really interesting...

Write on!

17. Jeanida_Myrishi

Jeanida_Myrishi Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 6, 2003
    *claps hands enthousiastically*

18. ca_tron

Dec 6, 2002
    The next chapter will be up hopefully by Wednesday, I have to go a retreat with my school organiztion this weekend where I will not sleep and finish the next chapter. :D
    Thanks for the intrest. I have decided that even if there is only one person, I will still write for them as this plot bunnie follows me to every class and my proffesors think it's funny. :p

19. JediANGELA

JediANGELA Jedi Master star 6

Sep 28, 2002
    i just stumbled on to this. this looks really good.

20. ca_tron

Dec 6, 2002
    Sorry guys. I'm not sure when i'm going to have time to finish the chapter. :(
    Mid-terms kind of snuck up on me.

21. CrystalKenobi

Jul 31, 2003
    We understand about Midterms. Been there Done that. So post when you can. :) Good luck on the mid terms.

22. jacen200015

jacen200015 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 11, 2002
    U
    UU
    UPU
    UPPU
    UPPPU
    UPPPPU
    UPPPPPU
    UPPPPPPU
    TTTTTTT
    TTTTTTT
    TTTTTTT
    TTTTTTT
    TTTTTTT
    TTTTTTT
    TTTTTTT

its not a very good arrow but it gets the meaning across. :D

23. Jeanida_Myrishi

Jeanida_Myrishi Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 6, 2003
    upsie daisy

24. ca_tron

Dec 6, 2002
    :_|
    My mind is so blown from midterms that I have writers block!
    :_|
    How evil is that? [face_devil]
    I am trying to finish it guys, I swear. I'm writting a tough chapter. I sort of have personal experience in this area and is the first time that I have shared anything with other people besides my family. So bear with me if it gets confusing.

25. ca_tron

Dec 6, 2002
    Self up-ing.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.