main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga Savior (Au, Obi, Qui, Ani)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Antigone, Oct 5, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Antigone

Antigone Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 24, 2002
    Hello there! I've come to drop a small vignette into the threads. One postie, one shot, rather dark.

I wrote this a while ago - just recently found it while searching the recesses of my computer - and thought that, after a brief cleaning, I might post it.

Remember - it is of the darker variety.

Title: Savior
    Author: Antigone
    Rating: PG-13 (I'm horrible at rating things...)
    Fandom: AU, Character Death
    Summery: The road to hell is paved with the best intentions.
    Warnings: Character Death

I saved the galaxy.

I saved it and yet will never be recognized as the preserver of the Republic. My name will be but a blip in the history books, but I am not bitter. I served my purpose well and will be rewarded amply later.

They who called me insane, mocked my visions - their descendants will survive because of me. If they only knew what fools they are, what they owe to me, they would not relish in my injustice. But it is not their fault, for they know not what I know. They are not blessed with the sight.

I knew he was coming years before I first laid eyes upon him. I could feel him - in my mind. The touch of his presence I knew as well as I did my own. I knew his thoughts. And I knew what he would do.

Seeing them, those innocent beings, feeling their fear?I felt it as he felt it. I felt his apathy toward those in pain as if it were my own emotion - and it sickened me.

He is why they deemed me crazy. It was his fault! If he would have just left my head alone?

In the beginning, I felt his life and wept for him. Always surrounded by such suffering?I pitied him. I pitied him until I realized he was the cause of the suffering, not the sufferer.

The visions came with more frequency after my epiphany. I felt him kill countless beings. I saw the through his eyes - the visions were always through his eyes?Those faces will haunt my dreams for eternity. Even now, their likenesses remain, covering my walls. It is my tribute to those slaughtered - my duty to sketch them.

There are so many?my house is blanketed in paper and my fingers will never lose their charcoal tint.

I need my paper, there are more to honor?

How could one person cause so much pain? He had no remorse, slaughtering sentient creatures like nerf, one after the other.

I could feel him as he walked out of that spaceport. I knew that signature; it was a part of him and thereby a part of me. I knew I must act.

I searched the town, following the presence - and later the crowds. My mockers, in their sanity, were paying homage to this murderer. I pushed my way through the horde to the center - to him.

There were two, but I had no doubt which was he. How many times had I seen that damned braid whip through my mind?

I reached fluidly down into my right boot, not breaking my stride to unsheathe a small dagger, careful not to contact the blade. Immediately I saw his head perk up and blue eyes dart to his companion. The man - older, clad in the same brown robe - put a hand on the evil one?s shoulder, whispering something - a warning one might guess - into his ear. I knew I had to act quickly if I were to succeed.

Forcing my way to the front, I quickly lunged for his hand, bringing it to my lips in a gesture I?d seen so many of my fellows perform. Then, with a flick of my wrist, brought the short blade against his skin and pressed.

A small gasp escaped his lips as he jerked his hand back, bluish-gray eyes wide with surprise. He took a fraction of a second to examine the superficial wound before turning attention to me - and by that time, I had slipped back into the throng.

I then watched - from a safe vantage point - the situation unfold. I saw the companion gently take his wrist and examine the wound - I could almost hear the words being spoken - his pigheaded assurance that the cut was minor and the companion?s reluctant agreement. I watched as his footsteps faltered soon thereafter, the poison coursing through his system. His companion turne

2. Antigone

Feb 24, 2002
    Shameless self upping...

3. Happy_Hobbit_Padawan

Happy_Hobbit_Padawan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 3, 2003
    Oooh. This was spooky. I read it earlier, but I felt stupid because I couldn't figure out who the narrator is - [face_blush] - but now I see you've added the characters. So, it's Ani who kills Obi as a padawan, then? Did he mix up his own future with that of Obi-Wan?

I really liked how you described him drawing the pictures of the future victims, and how he doesn't refer to his own victim as a person, but just a 'thing.' Very eerie. :)

4. Antigone

Feb 24, 2002
    LoL! Glad it was "spooky." That's kinda what I was going for.

As for the narrator, his identity is not really supposed to be known - he really could be anyone. He could be a she. Being Au, you really could put in whomever - even Anakin, I suppose. I put his name in the title because it's him in the visions - I'd never really thought about him as the narrator. That's really an interesting take, hmmm...:D

Thanks for reading!

5. obi_ew

obi_ew Jedi Master star 5

Apr 14, 2002
    I'd have to agree with HHP . Padawan Obi-Wan killed by Anakin. Very original and kept me riveted! :) Although, because of my obsession, Xanatos was my first thought as narrator. ;)

6. LuvEwan

LuvEwan Jedi Master star 4

Mar 24, 2002
    Very well-written and haunting, Antigone.

But.. [face_shocked] How could you do that? How? :_|

So strange to read something where Obi-Wan is a villain...and very unsettling. [face_plain]

Wonderful vignette. :)

7. PadawanKitara

PadawanKitara Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 31, 2001
    Very haunting.

But was Obi-Wan truly sithspawn? Or only in the wild imaginations of this raving lunatic?

8. CrystalKenobi

CrystalKenobi Jedi Master star 4

Jul 31, 2003
    I have to agree having Anakin kill obiwan as a padwan is a great twist to the story.

9. TheFallen

TheFallen Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 27, 2001
    Ah, it's dark, tumultuous, and has character death.

How could I not love it? ;)

I love the ending note. :D

tf

10. Happy_Hobbit_Padawan

Happy_Hobbit_Padawan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 3, 2003
    An UP because this spooky, haunting story fits right in with Halloween ...

BOO!
    HHP [face_devil]

11. obaona

obaona Jedi Master star 4

Jun 18, 2002
    Creepy! :eek:

But I wonder, did the person who killed Obi-Wan truly save everyone? Obi-Wan effected the lives of a lot of people, but he wasn't the direct cause. Palpatine is still around.

Hmm. :p

A nice, good dark viggie, though. :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.