main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Before - Legends The Galaxy Has Gone Insane! (Supernatural/Drama Obi/Qui/Xani/Siri) UPDATED DEC 1ST!!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by FELICIA_ZEZILI, Oct 17, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FELICIA_ZEZILI

FELICIA_ZEZILI Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 5, 2001
    Title: The Galaxy Has Gone Insane!
    Author: Felicia Zezili
    Summary: Obi-Wan is transported to a world that is an alternate to his own. In this world Qui-Gon is dead, Xanatos is his Master and the only man who can help him get back to his own world is the Galaxy?s most wanted. While back in his world Obi-Wan?s alternate does not want to return and will do anything in his power not to.
    Category: Drama/Angst /slight character Torture
    Time Frame: Obi age 17
    Rating: PG-13 (violence and insanity, you should come to expect it from me)
    Disclaimer: I do not own any familiar characters, planets, items and all that other good stuff but you knew that didn?t you?
    Author Notes: Inspired by an episode of X-files and Invader Zim (Two shows that I loved and now are gone!) This story jumps back and forth from normal JA to AU so if it gets confusing just tell.

Chapter 1 - Eve of Samhain

Jorund Nabal bounded up the remaining steps of the tower. Sweat streaked down his face and neck. He was dizzy and out of breath from running up hundreds of floors of steps. He had gotten off the turbo lift he had used for first couple hundred floors to confuse his pursuers and give him some time. He would have collapsed after the first couple dozen if his life didn?t depend on him accomplishing his task. If the people he was running from didn?t kill him, his employer certainly would for not getting the job done. Either way he was the loser in this arrangement.

The scientist slapped his palm against the activator of the door and stumbled through the doorway even before it was fully open. The wind blew in fierce gusts at the top of tower. He allowed himself to stop for a moment and let the wind cool his fevered skin and wipe back the sweat soaked strands of his graying hair. He gazed out over the view of Coruscant skyline, suddenly very saddened that all the years that he had lived on this planet, he never truly took the time to enjoy the beauty of it or anything in his life for that matter. The world moved too fast and if you slowed down even for a moment you were left behind.

He could hear the sound of boots coming closer up the steps over the howling wind. He snapped back into action and hurried over to the railing of the tower. He looked over the edge and swallowed hard as scenarios of what could happen if his theory was wrong ran through his mind. He shook his head clear of those thoughts. He couldn?t be wrong. He had done the calculations several times over and each time they pointed to this day, at this hour, at this spot. If at any time he got a different answer the whole plan would have been called off but unfortunately for him each time they came out perfect. So he was forced to go through with this.

Jorund slowly climbed up onto the railing. His breath was coming out in shaky gasps as he stood up on the railing and slowly turned around, his back to the deadly drop below. He closed his eyes as he waited for his pursuers to arrive. He silently prayed to any God that would listen to help him through this. He had no idea why he had agreed to this. It went against everything that he stood for and gone into the scientific profession for. But then again he couldn?t afford integrity?literally. He needed money and his field of study wasn?t considered a serious one for grants and loans. He had no choice but to take what was given to him. Suck it up and do the job.

He was brought back to reality when the door to the roof slide open and the two Jedi that had been chasing him stepped through.

The two Jedi stopped dead in their tracks when they saw Jorund standing on the railing, only centimeters away from imminent death. They seconds dragged on as no one moved or said anything.

The younger of the two Jedi began to cautiously move to Jorund?s side, he placed his lightsaber on the ground and raised both hands, showing Jorund that he was unarmed. The scientist was taken back for a moment at how much the young man looked like his employer. This version?s braid thing at of his head was longer and his sapphire eyes didn?t hol

2. Xanatos_son_of_Crion

Xanatos_son_of_Crion Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 27, 2003

Woo-hoo!

Can't wait to see how Obi-Wan deals with this!

UP!

3. PadawanKitara

PadawanKitara Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 31, 2001
    Great start Felicia :)

4. Jeanida_Myrishi

Jeanida_Myrishi Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 6, 2003
    that was a VERY interesting beginning

5. Bekah_K

Bekah_K Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 3, 2002
    Great beginning -- suspenseful!

Can't wait for more.

~Bek

6. Xanatos_son_of_Crion

Aug 27, 2003
  7. FELICIA_ZEZILI

Aug 5, 2001
    Xanatos_son_of_Crion: Love the enthusiam! And you know I can't wait to see how Obi-Wan reacts either because there are so many choices...

PadawanKitara: Hey you! Ready to go through another story. Think I'll finish this one? I'm not going to say I will...we'll jsut see how it goes.

Jeanida_Myrishi: Thank you! I try to give you guys the best I can in return for some good reviews.

Bekah_K: You didn't have to wait long at all huh? Don't know if that will keep I'll try to have a post once a week at least.

Chapter 2 ? Lost And Confused

Obi-Wan stared at Siri for a long moment. His mind was still having trouble making sense of everything that had brought him to this point thus far but now he was completely dumbfounded. Had he heard her correctly? His Master was dead? How had it happened? How could Siri just sit there and tell him this devastating news like it was common knowledge and that he should have been completely aware of it? He closed his eyes and reached out to the bond that he shared with Qui-Gon. Relief flowed through him as he felt the strong presence, so familiar and comforting. Qui-Gon was alive and well. What was Siri talking about?

A small smile formed on Obi-Wan?s lips as a thought came to his mind. This had to be some kind of joke. Siri must have wanted to get back at him for earlier. Though telling him that his Master was dead was a bit on the extreme side. He chuckled slightly, ?You have a very morbid sense of humor, Siri. Now where is Master Qui-Gon??

He had expected annoyance or even slight anger at the most but her expression didn?t deter from that of confusion. ?Obi-Wan, Qui-Gon is dead. He?s been dead for nearly three years now. You know this.?

?Three years?? He said the words mostly to himself. ?That?s not possible??

?It?s very possible, Obi-Wan.? Siri interjected, still giving him a look like he was the one here who was speaking nonsense. ?I thought you had gotten past the denial stage by now.?

Obi-Wan didn?t respond. What could he say to all this? Ignoring the protest from his body, he gritted his teeth and forced himself to sit up. He raised his hand at Siri when she looked like she was about to tell him to lay back down. When she conceded to his request and leaned back in the chair she was seated at, he took his hand and placed it on the back of his neck, trying to rub out some of the soreness. Qui-Gon is dead. He tried the sound of the phrase in his head. It sounded wrong. Like it should have been impossible to use those words in that order in a sentence. If Qui-Gon was truly dead then why could he still feel his Master?s signature through the force? He admitted that it felt slightly distorted but he contributed that to the fact that he wasn?t in his top form at the moment.

He looked over at Siri. She meet his gaze, the look in her eyes reflecting her deep concern and even slight wariness. She seemed different then how he remembered her being just the other day when she arrived at the Foundation Day Celebration. She was somewhat hostile towards him, defensive, they always seemed to be in some kind of unspoken competition. The Siri that sat before him now didn?t fit that profile. She looked older. Not in the terms of age and years but in demeanor. Her eyes reflected experiences that she was better off not seeing yet. He wondered what had happened and why he had never noticed that before. Maybe she was just really good at hiding it under her usual bravado. Her concern for his well being was giving her away.

His gaze broke with hers as two new figures entered the room in the Infirmary. The first one he recognized as Master Healer Terah Galen, a healer he had become acquainted with on his many visits to the Infirmary. She was a good healer, dedicated to her work and patients but at the same time her dedication seemed a little too much. There was a joke among the Padawans that said being in Healer Terah?s care was about the same as being held captive by the forces that had

8. Xanatos_son_of_Crion

Aug 27, 2003

[face_shocked]

I expected Xanatos as his Master but...

[face_shocked]

The Master Jed was about to speak again, to try and give her friend some comfort but she was cut off as the front door open. All three of them turned their attention to the door as a new person entered the room. He let the door close behind him with a hushed whoosh sound and stood there as the three Jedi in the room stared at him stunned.

Qui-Gon stared at the young man standing by the door. He could barely believe it. ?Obi-Wan??

Whoa!

[face_shocked]

I hope you're not going to leave us hanging for long! That just blew me away!

9. Jeanida_Myrishi

Jeanida_Myrishi Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 6, 2003
    Oih, this is a good story... when's the next post?

10. Bekah_K

Bekah_K Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 3, 2002
    This is good!

So, does the Obi-Wan from the universe where he was Xan's padawan, miss Qui so much that he set all this up? Or, is someone else behind it?

Update soon please!

~Bek

11. Xanatos_son_of_Crion

Aug 27, 2003

No offense Bekah K, but you confused me...

12. PadawanKitara

Dec 31, 2001
    *waives hand in front of author's face* You will finish this story...

13. CrystalKenobi

CrystalKenobi Jedi Master star 4

Jul 31, 2003
    Oh this is great. A huge twist from some other stories. This has been added to my list to keep track of. I think you are handling the supernatural part of this well. I hope to see more.

14. Xanatos_son_of_Crion

Aug 27, 2003

UP!!!

Can't wait for the next post! This is really good.

15. Xanatos_son_of_Crion

Aug 27, 2003
  16. Darth_Leia_6669

Darth_Leia_6669 Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 26, 2003
    I will admit that I like stories with this theme. You seem to be handling this fairly well, but I'm sure the further you get into it, the more confusing it will get. Don't fret about it too much though, given what I've seen so far, I'm sure you can handle it. :D

I'm curious as to the idenity of the scientist's employer, the one that looked so much like Obi. Also as to why the "other" Obi doesn't want to go back to his own "universe". Interesting indeed, and one I'll definatly try not to lose track of. 8-} I'm sure I can keep up with it!

--later--

17. Xanatos_son_of_Crion

Aug 27, 2003

Uppers.

We need a new post!

18. Xanatos_son_of_Crion

Aug 27, 2003

UP!

New post soon, I hope.

19. Xanatos_son_of_Crion

Aug 27, 2003
    UP!

New post soon, I hope.

20. PadawanKitara

Dec 31, 2001
    I'll help you out here, Xan.

Where are you Felicia???

21. ca_tron

ca_tron Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 6, 2002
    You got me hooked.
    *looks around for new post*
    It's sounds like a very interesting story story. Can't wait to find out about Qui's reaction to this.

22. Keeper_of_Swords

Keeper_of_Swords Jedi Master star 5

Sep 20, 2003
    Hope to read more.

23. ca_tron

ca_tron Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 6, 2002
    More coming soon? :D

24. Xanatos_son_of_Crion

Aug 27, 2003
  25. FELICIA_ZEZILI

Aug 5, 2001
    Xanatos Son of Crion: I am to shock! And Your enthusiasm brings a big smile to my face. :D Hopefully the next post will be up by this week end but i have this Theology report due so it might be mid-week like this one.

Jeanida_Myrishi: The next post is...now! Sorry for the delay I wanted to get it up by last weekend but I was hella tired which is funny considering I do nothing but it's here now!

Bekah_K: You are so smart. That deserves a cookie. ::hands Bekah_K a cookie:: Enjoy!

PadawanKitara: Didn't you try this trick on me before??? But you know after reading that, I did feel this strong impulse to post...interesting...

CrystalKenobi: Thank you! I appreciate the review and I can only hope I can keep up the good work till the end. I have yet to have someone ask what is going on and I would like to keep it that way.

Darth_Leia_6669: This is one of those themes where you kinda wanna keep it on the down low that you like it. I will try my best to make things understandable for you all. This chapter is a little more difficult I think but I wish you all the best of luck!

ca_tron: Thank you! I'm sorry to keep you waiting with the post.

Keeper_of_Swords: I hope you read more too! ::Hint hint::

Chapter 3 ? Welcome To Paradise

Qui-Gon stared at the young man who stood just inside the doorway in complete astonishment. After what seemed like the most anguishing night of his life, wondering what had become of his padawan, hoping against hope that some how Obi-Wan had survived the fall from the top of the skyscraper, his protégé had suddenly walked into the apartment like he had just been out for a walk. The Jedi Master moved from across the common room to the door in a matter of a few long strides. He reached out and grasped his Padawan's shoulder while he hooked two fingers of his other hand under Obi-Wan's chin and lifted the boys face, giving him a quick once over to check for any injuries that he might have sustained from the fall. But remarkably, the young man looked to be completely unmarred.

He let his hands drop from Obi-Wan and just looked at him for a few long moments, at a loss at what to do or think. Relief was coursing through him at the sight of his padawan unharmed but at the same time he was utterly baffled at how this could be possible. ?Padawan?? his left hand drifted to his belt and unclipped Obi-Wan?s lightsaber from it. He had picked it up from where the boy had placed it down on the roof. ?I believe you left this.?

Obi-Wan seemed to be in a slight daze as his gaze moved around the room. He tentatively reached out to the lightsaber Qui-Gon was offering. ?Thank you, Master.? He said as his fingers curled around the handle of the weapon and he took it from the older man. A slow smile began to form on his lips.

Adi walked over to the two and stood next to Qui-Gon. ?Padawan Kenobi, you can?t begin understand what a relief it is for all of us to see you alive and well. Considering the circumstances of your accident we expected to find you injured or worse.?

Obi-Wan?s gaze moved from his master over to the woman who stood beside him. He didn?t speak for a moment appearing to be at a loss for words. ?I?I?m just lucky I suppose, Master Gallia. The Force took favor on me this time.?

?Obviously.? Adi looked upon him with a scrutinizing gaze. Something about this didn?t feel right to her. ?Of course you?ll be expected to go before the council and give a detailed account of what happened and where you have been??

Qui-Gon broke in before the council member could finish, ?Adi, can?t that wait until later? The boy fell from hundreds of stories up and has been missing the entire night. He should see a healer? While he showed no exterior wounds, Qui-Gon wanted to be certain that there were also no internal ones as well.

Adi?s gaze moved to Qui-Gon. She should have reprimanded him for interrupting her but she couldn?t bring herself to do so. She and her pa

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.