main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Before - Legends In the Shadow of our Duty (Obi, Qui, Xani, OCs) Chapter 1 11/05/03

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by ZaraValinor, Nov 3, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ZaraValinor

ZaraValinor Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 31, 2002
    Pain can be comforter, it tells us that we are alive. As long as we have pain, we at least feel. It was this and nothing else that kept Xanatos, the rogue Jedi, alive after he had clawed his way out of the acid pools of his home planet. Bereft of clothing, several layers of skin, and all of his hair, it had been an act of the Force itself that he managed to conceal himself inside the caves that had recently housed his secreted Offworld Corporation.

During those first few hours, when the pain was beyond unbearable and all he had left was that or sweet oblivion, he had chosen to hodl onto the pain. He was alive and as long as he was alive, he could seek his revenge. Yes, revenge! It was something to cling to, like a tether for a drowning man. Revenge and the Force kept him alive during those hourse. After all, he had taken his trials, he had passed them, and his Knighthood had been denied by that green midget that sit at the head of the Council.

He might have died after those hours, when even revenge, when even hatred wouldn't have saved him, until Jorash Valinor, a former employee, found him huddled in a pool of his own blood and sloughed off skin. He did not recognize Xanatos nor did he ask the grevious injured man his name. Instead, he took him from the unclean floor and gently laid him in his speeder.

Jorash had red hair and deep green eyes which looked upon him with pity and Xanatos wondered how the other man had ever become involved in Offworld. He certainly wasn't the type that Xanatos had seen and enouraged in his company. This man reminded him too much of his former Master. Qui-Gon Jinn, whose fantasized death had kept him going. In the wake of his survival and rescue from certain death, Xanatos saw an opportunity for a better life.

As he lay recuperating in a nearby medical clinic, he created a new identity for himself. Xanatos, the rogue Jedi, was buried, and Xandros arose in his place. Jorash came to the clinic everyday, making sure that he was comfortable until the day that Xandros was able to leave the clinic.

He no longer looked like the rogue Jedi either. Skin grafts had restored his face, but it was no longer the youthful one that had fallen into the acid, two scars ran down either side of his face, meeting down underneath his chin, scar tissue light and pink from multiple bacta dips. The medics assured him that with enough time, no one would even see them. And with time his hair
    grew back, it was black as it had always been, but instead of the sleek straigh and long, it was now tightly curled to his head. Only his eyes remained untouched, those deep heavenly blues, only changed because of sadness and pain.

Jorash, his loyal friends now, found them employement along with his sister, Zara. Xandros was truly born and Xanatos laid to rest. Neither of them ever having to face the Jedi Order, Qui-Gon Jinn, or Obi-Wan Kenobi. Or that was what they thought?

"You're dropping your right shoulde, Obi-Wan," Qui-Gon Jinn admonished his Padawan
    Learner, Obi-Wan Kenobi. "I can tell that you're going to put your weight there. You have to be smooth, with no tell tale signs."

"Easy for you to say, very few beings can see your shoulder," Obi-Wan retorted cheekily, his eyes never wavering from studying Qui-Gon.

They were inside one of the training rooms inside the Jedi Temple. Each had long ago stripped their tunics and stood facing each other with sweat pouring down them as though it were raining inside the Temple. Qui-Gon had suggested the distracting exercise when it had become clear that they were bothing suffering from a little Temple-fever and needed a little action to let go of building tensions.

For once, Qui-Gon regretted growing his hair so long, as it clung to his sweaty back, and he had to constantly fight the urge to rake his nails across his skin. Obi-Wan's short Padawan hair cut seemed all to appealing right now and he wondered if the Council would collectively pass out if he came into a briefing sporting a new haircut.

2. VadeyFan2002

VadeyFan2002 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 30, 2002
    Interesting, did Xan somehow stumble about the Sith?

3. Keeper_of_Swords

Keeper_of_Swords Jedi Master star 5

Sep 20, 2003
    yeah...great start

ho, this was funny his Knighthood had been denied by that green midget that sit at the head of the Council.

4. Xanatos_son_of_Crion

Xanatos_son_of_Crion Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 27, 2003

Loved the beginning. Does this mean that Xanatos is good now?

I am definantly going to keep an eye on this!!

5. CrystalKenobi

CrystalKenobi Jedi Master star 4

Jul 31, 2003
    Will be keeping my eye on this story also. Very interesting twists. Shall wait to see before passing judgement on Xani.

Look forward to some more.

6. jacen200015

jacen200015 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 11, 2002
    Very interesting beginning ZaraValinor.
    I'll be looking forward to more.

7. ZaraValinor

May 31, 2002
    VadeyFan2002

Interesting, did Xan somehow stumble about the Sith?

He's stumbled onto something big, yes.

Keeper_of_Swords

yeah...great start

ho, this was funny his Knighthood had been denied by that green midget that sit at the head of the Council.

Thanks. Xanatos is going to have to face some things in this story and one of them his feelings towards the Jedi.

atos_son_of_Crion

Loved the beginning. Does this mean that Xanatos is good now?

I am definantly going to keep an eye on this!!

This is basically his story of redemption yes.

CrystalKenobi

Will be keeping my eye on this story also. Very interesting twists. Shall wait to see before passing judgement on Xani.

Look forward to some more.

More soon.

jacen200015

Very interesting beginning ZaraValinor.
    I'll be looking forward to more.

This is actually my fist time writing with Xanatos in it. So I hope this is good.

8. ZaraValinor

May 31, 2002
    Upping.

9. jacen200015

jacen200015 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 11, 2002
  10. ZaraValinor

May 31, 2002
    Chapter 1

In his dreams Telos haunted him. The smell of burnt ozone, as fires raged licking tongues of red light, that consumed and destroyed everything that it touched, spreading rampant along draperies, fine wood, and melting in its infernos durasteel, until all that was left was the burnt out
    frame of building, skeletal works of art that chilled the soul.

Qui-Gon's soul had been chilled the moment he saw all the dead bodies pocketing alongside the whispers of red death, members of the revolution against Crion of Telos and his son, Qui-Gon's Padawan. Those who had been drafted into the fight against the neighboring planet of Desargi, were now turned against their leaders, and they fell quickly under the might of their hand. Qui-
    Gon had held off joining with them until he could talk with Xanatos, but now saw that he could no longer remain neutral.

He had tracked Xanatos into the southeast wing of Crion's estate and flames leaped high
    scorching his skin and hair, but he did not take notice of them. Part of him wanted to believe that this was all some horrible nightmare, that somehow he had fallen asleep and dreamed that his Padawan, his beloved apprentice, had not been seduced by the power that his father had claimed. But there was another part, a louder part, that made his heartache. He feared that the boy he knew, the boy he had raised was truly gone, and that all was left was a youth full of hatred and greed. But he wanted to see it for himself.

Crimson and ebony danced in a moonless night and Qui-Gon could hardly see his hand when he
    placed it before him, but the emerald color of his blade lit his way, a lantern of hope amongst the carnage.

?Have you come here to kill me, my dear Master?? questioned a voice that was a mockery of the light it had once held.

Pausing, Qui-Gon drew on the Force, trying to locate his fallen apprentice, reaching for that familiar presence only to find it warped and twisted, elusive amongst the tidal waves of darkness that rippled through the Force. Tears, or was it sweat, gathered in Qui-Gon's eyes. Had he truly lost his boy? He refused to believe it.

?Xanatos it is not too late to turn away from this, to stop these needless deaths,? Qui-Gon called, he moved from side

His apprentice walked out, the blue of his lightsaber the color of his deep blue eyes, nearly violet in color. ?You're wrong, Master. It is for me. It is too late for me,? and this time beneath the mockery was a hint of sadness. Could his apprentice be reached? Could he save him?

?It's never too late,? Qui-Gon assured him, tentatively taking a step towards Xanatos. If he could just touch his apprentice, convey that he still cared, then perhaps this living nightmare could end, if only.

Xanatos did not shirk nor stagger back and Qui-Gon took this as a sign that he was needed as much as he wanted to be and took another step and another, making a tentative but steady progress towards the fallen apprentice. He brought his lightsaber down and deactivated it, he didn't want to seem the aggressor, he was here to bring back, not to condemn. His other hand came up in sign of a welcoming gesture, his fingers splayed out to touch a shoulder.

?Help me stop this, Padawan,? Qui-Gon whispered, his voice made harsh and raw by the billowing smoke. His hand rested on the shoulder, cupping it comfortingly. Xanatos' head hung loose, it was impossible to see the younger man's face, and his shoulders shook as though with sobs. ?It is alright, we can stop this. Tell me you are with me.?

Xanatos' face came up and what Qui-Gon had believed to be sobs was nothing more then held back mirth. There was a fathomless darkness in his blue eyes and Qui-Gon staggered back. A move that saved his life as Xanatos ignited his lightsaber and jabbed the business end towards Qui-Gon. Although it saved his life, the tip raked across his midsection leaving a cauterized gash running horizontally across his belly.

?You were always so trusting, always so gullible,? Xanatos taunted him.

11. Bekah_K

Bekah_K Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 3, 2002
    The tension is pretty high in that Chamber right now, on both sides.

Hope they can find a way to work together, and maybe the three of them can learn to forgive past mistakes and shortcomings.

More soon please!

~Bek

12. Obiandme4ever

Obiandme4ever Jedi Youngling

Nov 5, 2003
    Cool, pleeze read my story?!

13. Xanatos_son_of_Crion

Xanatos_son_of_Crion Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 27, 2003

?You?ve suddenly decided that you want to be our allies, that you no longer want revenge,? Obi-Wan said, incredulity lacing his voice.

?Not at all, I still hate you, I?ll always hate you, but if I go out for vengence it will be on my terms, not on any one else?s. And I?ve got friends who need you?re help,? Xanatos muttered uncomfortably.

LOL! That's our Xani!

14. ZaraValinor

May 31, 2002
    Bekah_K

The tension is pretty high in that Chamber right now, on both sides.

Hope they can find a way to work together, and maybe the three of them can learn to forgive past mistakes and shortcomings.

More soon please!

~Bek

As Yoda says, the future relies on them working together. I'll try to get chapter 2 up as soon as possible.

Obiandme4ever

Cool, pleeze read my story?!

Thanks.

Xanatos_son_of_Crion

?You?ve suddenly decided that you want to be our allies, that you no longer want revenge,? Obi-Wan said, incredulity lacing his voice.

?Not at all, I still hate you, I?ll always hate you, but if I go out for vengence it will be on my terms, not on any one else?s. And I?ve got friends who need you?re help,? Xanatos muttered uncomfortably.

LOL! That's our Xani!

Xanatos would definitely not be trying to get along with them, even though he needs their help. There is a lot of resentment on both sides.

15. ZaraValinor

May 31, 2002
  16. ZaraValinor

May 31, 2002
  17. Keeper_of_Swords

Keeper_of_Swords Jedi Master star 5

Sep 20, 2003
    In his dreams Telos haunted him. The smell of burnt ozone, as fires raged licking tongues of red light, that consumed and destroyed everything that it touched, spreading rampant along draperies, fine wood, and melting in its infernos durasteel, until all that was left was the burnt out

ohh..real dark, I loved this.

Great dialogue too. Very realistic.

18. ZaraValinor

May 31, 2002
    Keeper_of_Swords

ohh..real dark, I loved this.

Great dialogue too. Very realistic.

Thanks, I love real dark scenes too.

19. ZaraValinor

May 31, 2002
  20. Xeana

Xeana Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 9, 2003

Upping as well.

21. ZaraValinor

May 31, 2002
    I'm probably getting annoying, but there will be a post tonight.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.