main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Holiday Extravaganza (round robin...JOIN!)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by Jedi Susie, Nov 29, 2000.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi Susie

Jedi Susie Jedi Master star 4

Mar 12, 2000
    Hi guys.

Okay, now I'm sure some of you remember the Fright Night round robin a group of writers did around Halloween time which depicted a scary story night of Padawans and the mis-adventures they had due to an abnormal force. Well, it turned out that "abnormal force" was really Xanatos getting back at the Jedi. The round robin ended with Xanatos disapearing into the night....(ba ba bum!)

So, now, it's Christmas time in the Jedi Temple and, low and behold, things are starting to get a little crazy and it's not just due to the holiday excitment. Could it be that Xanatos is back and plans to ruin the holidays? Or is everyone just drinking too much egg-nog?

That's the question and the answer can only be found by....WRITING! So, please anyone and everyone join in on this round robin. If you were in the first one feel free to use the same character you had or make a new one. I figure will give 2-3 days for everyone to post the character they're using and a quick bio. that way we'll start right about Dec. 1st and go till X-Mas ^_^

Here's the character I'm using (same as before):

Name: P'ilk Nimqo (nick-name Pi) (pronounced Pie)
    Species: human
    Home world: Telos (a planet in the JA books)
    Build: Gangly with long limbs and large feet (5'7" 135)
    Hair Color: White blond
    Eye Color: violet
    Rank in Jedi order: Jedi Padawan
    Weapons: Lightsaber : color silver
    Power other than the Force: None...well good sense of humor if that counts!
    Best defense: gymantics (like flipping and running etc...)
    Personalty: Shy at first, but deep down a sarcastic sense of humor (when he's comfortable)

So, who else wants to join...the story will be started soon so get your characters in there now! (thanks!)

2. KADI-WAN_KENOBI

KADI-WAN_KENOBI Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 9, 2000
    Name: Kadi-Wan Kenobi
    Home world: Earth
    Build: Short for her age (About 5')
    Hair Color: Dirty blond
    Eye Color: blue-green
    Weapons: Lightsaber-white
    Power other than the Force: Animal Empath
    Best defense: sparring
    Personalty: Quiet, caring, sense of humor once she gets to know you, a very bad temper

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Thanks for starting this. :)

3. Calayka_Bele

Calayka_Bele Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 7, 2000
    Hey everyone! You might remember me as Katie_B_Potter, but I've changed my name to Calayka Bele and have also changed my character. Here's the bio!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Name: Calayka Bele
    Home world: Correlia
    Build: Tall(5 ft 5in to 5 ft 6in),thin
    Hair Color: brown w/ natural red highlights
    Eye Color: purple or blue (changes w/ mood)
    Rank in Jedi order: Healer Apprentice
    Weapons: Lightsaber-purple
    Power other than the Force:Talented mechanic
    Best defense: acrobatics & mind manipulation
    Personality: sense of humor, tinkers with anything she can get her hands on, mischievious, kind, can really explode if her buttons are pushed right (but she doesn't let people get under her skin too easily)
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    I think that covers it. Oh and Jedi Susie, thanks for starting this. It should be alot of fun!

4. Jedi_KnightMariah

Jedi_KnightMariah Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 6, 2000
    Um, just one thing guys. People in the SW universe wouldn't be celebrating X-Mas. It's a Christian holiday, although lot's of people who aren't still celebrate it but not in the same way. You might just want to change the holiday name or something and have something like it. Maybe make up a story behind the hoilday. Just thought I'd put my worthless two cents in.

5. Calayka_Bele

Nov 7, 2000
    That's a good point Jedi Knight Mariah.

What should we call it?

It could be basically the same thing, you know we exchange gifts and stuff.

Just a different name.

Any ideas?

6. Ana_Labris

Ana_Labris Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 31, 2000
    well, that is right, many atheists (I always forget how it's spelled:))celebrate x-mas, but lets not get tooo muchinto this:)
    anyway, i'm a sith in all the boards i go, so pls tell me if i can be some sort of dark sider. maybe a jedi paddie, who is about to turn?

Name: Ana Labris
    Home world: Somewhere in the uncharted territories
    Build: Sporty and feminine 5'6" (168-170 centimeters)
    Hair Color: Black
    Eye Color: Green
    Rank in Jedi order: Jedi Padawan who is about to turn, but that's another story:)
    Weapons: Lightsaber : Dark Red, double, just like Vader's in one of the AU stories, called "an au with a much different Darth VAder and a much diff..."
    Power other than the Force: very good telepath and mind-prober, good at healing herself
    Best defense: Hand to hand combat, but likes saber dueling with everthing who has a presence in the Force *lol* and likes to crack sarcastic jokes in the proccess
    Personalty: Sweet and cute, but can get angry in the split second, which is VERY Sithly, drools over guys like Hayden Christensen. also has a great sense of humor when you get to know her, cuz she likes to make jokes in a 'black' manner..

well, when i look at this, i really am one hell of a sith>:). hope i get to join the thread, but i gotta tell you guys one thing - i didn't have time to read the halloween story, but i hope you don't throw me out for that wee fact:)

:)ani the sith

7. Calayka_Bele

Nov 7, 2000
    I'm sure we won't throw you out!

Just please don't swear!

8. Jedi Susie

Mar 12, 2000
    I figured we may need to change the name of Christmas to something more...Jedi-ish (thus the title of the round robin doesn't imply X-Mas....just A holiday....Always thinking ahead ^_^)

So, all we need is a new name for this holiday...any ideas?

Remember I'm hoping we get the story started tomorrow night...of course later joiners are welcomed, but it's easier to keep the characters straight if we know them from the beginning!

So, let's brainstorm on a name!!

9. Jedi_KnightMariah

Aug 6, 2000
    Traesmas? That sounds too close, doesn't it? ;)

I might post every once and a while.

Name: Skye Jett
    Hair: Greenish-brown (kinda like Toad from the movie X-Men)
    Eyes: Yellow
    Personality: Soft-spoken, kind and always thinks beforehe takes action.

10. KADI-WAN_KENOBI

KADI-WAN_KENOBI Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 9, 2000
    How about Winter Fest?

11. Jedi Susie

Mar 12, 2000
    Okay, I think we should go with Winter Fest (or Fesitval) because that seems like the easiest (^_^) and most logical...

Any more ideas before it's official?

12. Princess Padme

Princess Padme Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 10, 1999
    Hmm... Winter Fest sounds fine to me...

Oh, and should we post a link to the Halloween Fright thing in case people coming in would like to read it?
    ~~~~~~

Name: Kiarn Corael
    Home world: Dathomir
    Build: short and thin (5'3 106)
    Hair Color: Blonde
    Eye Color: Blue or Gray (change colors depending on mood)
    Weapons: Lightsaber, gold
    Power other than the Force: Over eagerness?
    Best defense: hand to hand combat/lightsaber
    Personality: Cheerful and optimistic

13. Jedi Susie

Mar 12, 2000
    Here's are our "players" thus far...of course all characters in the JA books are welcomed these are just the Orignal Ones. (I'm just trying to make sure everyone's aware of who the original characters are so that no one gets left out.)

P'ilk Nimqo, Kadi-Wan Kenobi, Calayka Bele, Ana Labris, Skye Jett, and Kiarn Corael.

Also, here's the link to Halloween Fright Night so if anyone wants to read it feel free to ^_^

http://boards.theforce.net/message.asp?topic=1035836&page=1

14. Uisceban

Uisceban Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 14, 2000
    Is it too late to join?

15. Ana_Labris

Oct 31, 2000
    you can!!:)
    somebody wanna chat?
    pls go to irc.jedinetwork.com and join #starwars
    PLS!!!!!!

16. Uisceban

Uisceban Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 14, 2000
    Name:Ki-an Shannon
    Species: Human+Alein
    Home world: Wolferia (Made up)
    Build: 5"6
    Hair color: Blonde
    Eye color:grey
    Rank in Jedi Order: Padawan/healer apprentice
    Weapons: Lightsabre
    Personality: Sometimes a bit dizzy, sense of humor..

17. Jessica Kenobi

Jessica Kenobi Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 6, 2000
    name: Awaretsu
    species: humanoid
    homeworld: Aven-aer (forest planet)
    Build: Tall, slightly built
    hair color: jet black
    skin color: Grey
    eye color: silver
    Rank in Jedi order: Padawan
    weapon: silver lightsaber
    best defense: pure stealth and avoidance, but will attack if must or if cornered.
    Powers other than the force: animal senses (night vision, acute hearing, stealth)
    personality: despite serious appearance, is very funny and kind. Is very sensitive to feelings, being very close to the living force. not quick to lose temper.

can't wait to meet the others!

18. CloneofPhanan

CloneofPhanan Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 20, 2000
    Name: Rel Trem
    Home world: Fondor
    Build: Lanky but strong (6'4" 185)
    Hair Color: brown
    Eye Color: gray
    Weapons: cynicism and Lightsaber : color green
    Power other than the Force: cynicism
    Best defense: cynicism, sarcastic comments, sneaking around, and his lacking of a sensible fear of death
    Personalty: Cynical (there's a surprise) but not anti-social, and has a sense of humor.

19. Jedi_KnightMariah

Aug 6, 2000
    UP! I hope you guys don't mind I'm being a different person then last time.

20. Jedi Susie

Mar 12, 2000
    And here we go......Just so everyone knows there's not set plan or anything with this story so if you feel you want to take it in a certain direction...well then be assertive and go forth ^_^

~*~
    Kadi-Wan sighed and flopped onto her bed. Right now even being a Jedi was boring. She needed excitment, she needed intrigued, she needed....to do ANYTHING, but sit in her room all day. With a sigh the young Padawan rolled onto her back. Her twin, Obi-Wan, was busy with his Master in some lightsaber training and the other Padawans and friends were either at their quater studying, reading, or out in the Temple doing who knew what. But she...she was here alone and bored.

"I really need to get the gang together." She mumbled to herself and just as the words were out of her mouth a plan came to mind. It was perfect!

She ran to her holo-terminal and began to send out messages.

~*~

P'ilk just opened his Master and his quaters when he saw the blinking light. He made his way over to the mesage terminal and began to listen.

"Hey Pi! Guess who? Well, it's me Kadi-Wan and I have the bestest of best plans. I think we should do all the Winter Fest stuff together, ya know what I mean? We could all decorate the Temple and shop and even do secret gifts for each other. I think this would be a blast, don't you? I thought so. Well, I'm contacting the others to let them know what's happening and I want you to meet me at the Room of a Thousand Fountains at 19:00 if its okay with you Master. That way we can plan what we want to do. See ya there!"

P'ilk smiled at the message, it would be fun to get the group of friends together and do gifts and celebrate the season with friends. Being a Padawan time seemed to fly by and if you didn't focus on spending it with friends; you wouldn't. He would enjoy doing all the holiday stuff with people he cared for and could have fun with. He checked his watch, noted he only had five mintues to get to the Room and left a note for his Master letting him know where he was going.

~*~

Across the Temple similar messages were sent to Padawans and each left their homes to meet up with everyone to celebrate the holidays together.

~*~

21. Anika Skywalker

Anika Skywalker Jedi Padawan star 4

May 15, 2000
    Hey, all! It's me! I'll try to right more this time! I wasn't very good with scarey stuff.

Name: Jenéa "Jennie" Tykan
    Pronounciation: Jen-ay-uh
    Species: Human
    Homeworld: Corellia
    Height: 5'9"
    Build: Tall, thin, frail looking but strong
    Hair Color: Red, usually braided
    Rank in Jedi order: Jedi Knight (Master died)
    Weapons: Lightsaber and blaster
    Lightsaber color: Green
    Power other than the Force: Can communicate with animals
    Personalty: Friendly, kind, smart, michievious

Hmm... since she's 18, I'll add Saber, too. He's kinda like Jenéa's pet.

Pic (so you know what he looks like): http://www.geocities.com/swgrayorder/pix/snowleopard.jpg
    Name: Saber
    Homeworld: Unnamed planet
    Height: 2'6" at shoulders
    Build: He looks like a snow leopard
    Hair Color: (Fur) white with brown spots
    Weapons: Claws, teeth, agility
    Powers: Healing powers, and he can communicate telephathically with all humans, several others
    Best defense: Claws and agility
    Personalty: Friendly, wise, defensive

22. Jedi Susie

Mar 12, 2000
    Uppy...come on...anyone?

23. Ana_Labris

Oct 31, 2000
    Ana got up to see a flashing message on the computer terminal in front of her. She read it and smiled. The Jedi where going to have fun and she wasn't going to miss it. No matter what her Master had said, she wasn't going to sit in the same old room in the same old Temple today.
    Labris went to call her friends from classes Kiarn and Ki-an.
    "Hi, did you get that message?... Aha.... OK, I'll meet you two there. Bye."

short, but you wanted someone to post, didn't you?:) btw, i'm a cute little gurl, so pls don't think of me as a evil sith:). and plus that i haven't even turned in this thread, not that i have been a jedi anywhere else... well, in one place you guys don't know:)

24. Jedi_KnightMariah

Aug 6, 2000
    Let me explain who Skye is.
    -----------
    Skyer Jetta let out a huff as he managed to pull his bags into his new room. His last one was being fixed. He had been warned about playing with lightsabers in his room... His cozin had been kind enough to offer her room to him while she was on missions. He never heard much from her.

A note on her bed.

'She must have left it there,' Skye mused. He picked it up.

"Dear Skye:
    I'm glad I could help you out with the room thing but there are a few rules. One: DON'T MOVE ANYTHING!!!! Two: DON'T TOUCH ANYTHING! Three: DON'T SPILL ANYTHING!!!!! See you soon!

Pry'ch."

Skye shook his head, a slight smile on his lips. "Guess it's time for class."
    --------
    People call him "Skye Jett" for short.

25. CloneofPhanan

CloneofPhanan Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 20, 2000
    Rel Trem looked up at his master, a distinguised looking man in his early fifties.

"...and might I remind you," his master continued, lectures like this were as common now, but still occurred with a regular timing. "That the Jedi are supposed to be the guardians of peace and justice, not the imposers of it." Now that Rel was eighteen, one of his duties was to watch some of the younger students, and he had made the suggestion that all sentient beings were not good, but not necessarily evil either, and that it was the job of the Republic and the Jedi to impose order on the galaxy.

"Yes, Master," Rel said, nodding. He knew the drill.

"This cynical attitude of yours isn't going to get you anywhere in life," his master reprimanded him, Rel opened his mouth to speak, but his master cut him off. "And don't you dare tell me the irony of making a cynical statement about your cynicism. I want you to meditate about the nature of the Jedi as guardians for an hour, and don't leave your quarters before then."

Rel nodded again. "Yes, Master," he recited. As he sat on his bed to begin meditation, his master left him alone in his small quarters.

After an hour of meditation, something he disliked enough in smaller doses, Rel awoke from his trance like state to see that he had a message, something about celebrating Winter Fest. /Why not/ he thought, /Nothing better to do./

On his own homeworld of Fondor, which he hadn't been to in a long time, Winter Fest was a very commerciallized holiday with little or no meaning.

He checked his appearance in the mirror, and finding it acceptable, headed off to the meeting place.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.