main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga Blurred Visions-Obi/Qui/Ani/Ami AU-Chapter One 11/29

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by LuvEwan, Nov 29, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LuvEwan

LuvEwan Jedi Master star 4

Mar 24, 2002
    This is just a transfer from the Classic board, with a few grammatical corrections. I still have some chapters left before this fic is completed, and since all my other stories are here, I thought it would be fitting to make this move. ;)

Blurred Visions
    Rating: PG-13
    The events of Naboo end far differently. Three struggle to find their true place in a shifting universe, with shadows approaching, and the ultimate menace revealed.

*Disclaimer: The characters and Star Wars universe overall are the sole property of George Lucas. I receive no profit from the writing of these fictions.

Main Characters: Obi-Wan Kenobi, Qui-Gon Jinn, Anakin Skywalker, Padme Amidala.

angst/drama

**Italics indicate both thought and flashback scenes**
    ~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~

Chapter One: The Flames of Jealousy

Anakin stalked down the hallway, his short padawan braid whipping behind his shoulder. His eyes were a piercing blue, though the color was almost unrecognizable due to the shadows that constantly hooded them. His long forehead was wrinkled, the space between his brows creased from brooding. His breathing was barely controlled.

The Temple Healing Wing was pure, bland white. A few generic paintings of scenery hung on the walls. The stillness of late night left everything stunted and silent. Doors were shut and the glow rods were weakened. His steps echoed, and lent the hall a sort of hollowness. In his decade as a Jedi (apprentice), he only occasionally visited this sterile area, the air thick with a medicinal stench. Mostly he could handle the healing of any injuries. He was never ill.

Of course, his lip curled, some weren?t as resilient as he.

Anakin stopped his musings. He stopped dead in his tracks when he sensed him.

Them.

The apprentice tilted his head, peeking into the medium-sized room. His Force presence was dulled to a mere, distant presence. Not enough for anyone to detect.

Not even his exceptionally skilled master, who once sensed a poisonous insect tinier than the tip of a needle, and caught it with the blade of his lightsabre.

The man was seated on a hard-backed chair that was bent slightly to accommodate his frame. His large, scarred hand rested against the forehead of the patient, who was clad in a thin, white hospital gown.

Anakin spared a moment to marvel at his own impressive shielding. Neither Jedi realized they were being watched. Certain he was going unnoticed, the padawan pressed his palm to the doorframe, and listened closely.

?We just returned from Zernin Five. Do you remember the look on the Senator?s face when you told him you were allergic to both spices in the dessert you had consumed?? A soft chuckle. ?But that was long ago. The senator?s hair is snowy now. Well, what?s left of it anyway.?

Anakin turned away in disgust. Was his master delusional?

?The healers tell me you actually spit out your medicine. Bant says it went directly onto her face. I would have liked to see that!? The master?s shoulders shook slightly with laughter. ?If it wasn?t for her sweet temperament, I think you would be in trouble.?

Anakin?s jaw tensed painfully. Through their mental connection, he felt his mentor?s emotion. The quiet joy of being reunited with him, despite the somewhat dismal surroundings. Skywalker could imagine the gentle gleam of those wizened, midnight blue eyes. The longing bleeding through a ten year resolve.

The hallway light flickered. Qui-Gon looked over his shoulder. Anakin bit down on his tongue and quickly stepped out of view, body rigid against the wall.

Slowly, he sensed the movement of Jinn settling back into his reminiscent state of mind. Anakin released a relieved sigh. He returned to his spying spot.

Qui-Gon was leaning forward in the chair, retrieving a small stone that had dropped in the abrupt scare. He held the delicate thing between two massive fingers, studying it, then raised his arm.

The smooth, red veined rock caught the glare of the dim lamp. From Anakin?s vantage poi

2. Seraphena

Seraphena Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 20, 2003
    Wow, to be able to catch from the begining. I'm so happy! :)

Just to let you know, that first part always has me in tears.

3. diamond_pony2002

diamond_pony2002 Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 6, 2002
    WEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

4. LuvEwan

LuvEwan Jedi Master star 4

Mar 24, 2002
    ;)

Next chapter will be up in a few days.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.