main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Before - Legends A Child's Savior: Epilogue FINALLY FINISHED 07/23/2005 !

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by masterobiwankenobi, Dec 12, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. masterobiwankenobi

masterobiwankenobi Jedi Master star 1

Mar 1, 2003
    Disclaimer: The Star Wars characters and the Star Wars universe that I borrow them from belong to George Lucas. The story belongs to me, the character E'lan Ryos belongs to Velvet_Elfin. You can use my story on your site if you want, just let me know first.

Title: A Child?s Savior
    Characters: Qui-Gon, Obi-Wan, Yoda, Mace Windu, more.
    Spoilers: Possibly for JA 3 and 4.
    Timeline: Obi-Wan is 13, takes place six months after JA #3
    Rating: PG-13
    Summary: AU where Qui-Gon decides to leave the Jedi order, causing consequences to Obi-Wan.
    Author: Peggy Schultz
    Webstie: http://obiwan.msshost.com/index.html
    Email: masterobiwankenobi@msn.com
    Copyright © 2003 PS Schultz

Prologue

?Mistake you are making,? Jedi Master Yoda harrumphed. He sat in his favorite meditation room in the Jedi Temple on Coruscant. Master Qui-Gon Jinn sat beside the small Master, his legs crossed as he sat on the cool floor.

?I don?t believe I am. I think taking some time away from the Jedi Order will help me to determine if this is really what I want.?

?Think I do, running away you are. Xanatos? failure your fault it was not. Blame yourself you should not,? Yoda told him pointing a gnarled finger at the taller man next to him.

?I?m not running away Master Yoda. I need to take a few years away from the order. I will come back in a year or two perhaps less. I have no doubt that I will return.?

?Terrible consequences this decision will have. Terrible consequences,? Yoda shook his head and closed his large eyes. Qui-Gon knew that the smaller and wiser Master was either deep in thought or in the midst of a vision.

?I?m willing to accept the consequences that I will have to face,? Qui-Gon assured him.

Yoda?s eyes opened wide and the older Jedi looked up into Qui-Gon?s sapphire colored eyes. ?The consequences to Obi-Wan Kenobi do you accept??

?What consequences? And who is Obi-Wan Kenobi?? Qui-Gon asked.

?Eleven year old initiate Kenobi is. Your Padawan he was meant to be.?

?Was?? Qui-Gon questioned. He could not imagine taking another Padawan. After his failure with Xanatos, he promised himself that he would never take another Padawan.

?Grave consequences to Initiate Kenobi if change your mind you do not,? Yoda said with a thump of his walking stick for emphasis.

?I?m sure that the boy will find a Master better suited to train him than me. I may return before someone else chooses him. Although I must admit that I don?t know if I want to take another Padawan.?

?Humph, mistake you are making; know this I do,? Yoda informed him sternly.

?I?m sorry but I don?t believe that I?m making a mistake. This is something that I must do.? Qui-Gon stood up and walked toward the door.

?May the Force be with you,? Yoda sighed closing his eyes once more.

Qui-Gon nodded, ?And with you Master Yoda.? He left the meditation room trying to convince himself that Yoda was just using Obi-Wan as an excuse to persuade him to stay in the Order.

To be continued...

2. CrystalKenobi

CrystalKenobi Jedi Master star 4

Jul 31, 2003
    Count me in as a reader. This looks very interesting.

3. Xeana

Xeana Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 9, 2003

This looks good. I'll pop up every now and then. Can't wait for more.

4. masterobiwankenobi

Mar 1, 2003
    Thanks, CrystalKenobi and Xeana. I'm glad you like it so far. Here's the first chapter.

Chapter One

Two Years Later:

Qui-Gon walked down the busy streets of the planet Luzick. A gentle breeze caressed his face and blew his long brown hair off his shoulder and into his face. With a swipe of his hand, he brushed the hair out of his face. He could sense the abundance of life forms that surrounded him. Qui-Gon smiled, he felt comforted by the presence of other life forms especially after piloting his small cargo vessel filled with only speeder parts for the past eight days.

Occasionally, especially when he was bored, the former Jedi wondered how his friends at the Jedi Temple were doing. He had begun to miss his old life and he had decided that after he finished his next job of delivering supplies he would return to the Order. He had even thought about taking a Padawan again. It would be a welcome change to the constant loneliness that plagued him.

Without realizing it, Qui-Gon wandered into the large garden outside the palace of Luzick. A sea of beautiful flowers and plants of nearly every color greeted his eyes. He recognized a few of the plants, but the majority was unfamiliar and most likely native to Luzick. The garden was teeming with life, which he assumed was the reason that he was drawn to it. He walked through endless rows of flowers and plants he smiled again as fragrances typical of the outdoors filled his senses and intensified the beauty around him.

As he walked through the rows of plants toward the rear of the garden, he could hear the gentle trickle of a small stream flowing through the garden dividing it into two separate sections. Qui-Gon sensed a presence with a strong Force signature not far from the stream. He used the Force to guide him hoping that he would find a Jedi Knight that he could speak with and learn what he had missed since he had left the Temple. He found a boy sleeping on the soft grass underneath a large tree with bright mint colored leaves that created a canopy over the youngster. The young one appeared to be about eleven or twelve years old. His grimy threadbare clothes looked like Jedi tunics and Qui-Gon wondered why the boy wore them. Behind his right ear hung a length of braided hair and although much of the braid had begun to unravel, it was a Padawan braid.

As Qui-Gon watched the steady rise and fall of the lad?s chest, he wondered what had happened to him and his Master. Taking a deep breath, Qui-Gon stepped away from the tree he stood next to and slowly approached the boy. The noise of the stream partially blocked out the sounds of the small creatures that lived there.

A few feet away from the young man he noticed a pair of blue/green eyes staring up at him. ?I don?t have any credits,? the boy told him. Fear was evident in his eyes, which suddenly seemed to change to a gray color and he spoke with an accent that Qui-Gon did not recognize.

?I don?t want credits,? Qui-Gon assured him. ?I just want to talk.?

?I don?t want to talk,? the boy retorted as he quickly sat up keeping his eyes locked on Qui-Gon?s. He was obviously prepared to run away if Qui-Gon came any closer.

?That?s ok. I can talk enough for both of us.? The former Jedi put his hands out in front of him and took a step backward in an offer of peace. ?My name is Qui-Gon Jinn; what is your name??

The boy?s only reply was a defiant stare directed at the older man and it seemed to go right through Qui-Gon.

?You don?t have to tell me your name. I was once a Jedi Master. Do you have a Master??

?I?m not a slave! I?m not your slave or anyone else?s either,? the boy yelled, as he jumped to his feet and ran. He dashed through the stream toward the forest behind the garden. Qui-Gon started to follow the boy; but he decided instead to return to his small cargo ship and use the comm. Unit.

Ben raced through the lines of growth where he had come for shelter on many nights. The garden had become a home to him recently; a place his enemies usually avoided, which meant securi

5. dianethx

dianethx Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 1, 2002
    A very intriguing post. I liked that Qui-Gon has decided to return to the Temple and that he has found Obi-Wan. However, Obi was on Phindar. Did he get mind-wiped there?

Looking forward to more...

6. CrystalKenobi

CrystalKenobi Jedi Master star 4

Jul 31, 2003
    Excellent cliffhanger

7. anekasolo

anekasolo Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 16, 2001
    excellently written: I'm hooked.

fate seems determined to get Obi Wan and Qui-Gon together

can't wait for more.

8. masterobiwankenobi

Mar 1, 2003
    Anekasolo and CrystalKenobi Dianethx thanks. I had a bad day yesterday that invovled my son going to the hospital, everything is ok now. But you don't know how much I needed to good reviews, and encouragement. Thanks again. :)

I'm almost done with chapter two, and then i'll be posting as soon as i get it back from my beta reader. As for the mind wipe that is what happened there will be more about it in the future. ;)

Peggy

9. anekasolo

Feb 16, 2001
    I'm sorry about your son. I hope he feels better.

I'm wishing everyone who reads this a wonderful Holiday. Be safe and merry!

10. Velvet_Elfin

Velvet_Elfin Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 5, 2002
    Up Padawan up. Good story.

Vely

11. Keeper_of_Swords

Keeper_of_Swords Jedi Master star 5

Sep 20, 2003
    Excellent way to start the story. We all know that Qui-Gon and Yoda didn?t agree about Anakin?s training, and they might have disagreed about other things too.

?Mistake you are making,? Jedi Master Yoda harrumphed. He sat in his favorite meditation room in the Jedi Temple on Coruscant. Master Qui-Gon Jinn sat beside the small Master, his legs crossed as he sat on the cool floor.

?I don?t believe I am. I think taking some time away from the Jedi Order will help me to determine if this is really what I want.?

A gentle breeze caressed his face and blew his long brown hair off his shoulder and into his face. With a swipe of his hand, he brushed the hair out of his face??????The growl of his stomach reminded him that he hadn?t eaten or even ordered any food before he had to leave???I like the detail.

Keep it up!

12. masterobiwankenobi

Mar 1, 2003
    :) Thanks for the kind words about my story guys. Anekasolo, thanks. my son had to go back to the hospital because he got sick and dehydrated, but he's been back home for a couple days now, and is doing really good. he's running around like a nut, and tormenting his big sister again. :)

I just sent the next chapter to my beta reader, and should have it back soon, so i can post the next part. Thanks for your support and your patience.

13. JediVeloJinn

JediVeloJinn Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 23, 2003
    Just saw this. Looks like I'm hooked on it, so I'll be waiting for the next chapter :) Actually, this is just to let you know that I'm reading this, and I'm sure that there are many other readers also who are just a little shy. Hope you had a joy-filled Christmas.

14. masterobiwankenobi

Mar 1, 2003
    Chapter Two

Qui-Gon gently took the small creature in his large hand. The tiny creature was Force sensitive and he was aware of its fear. It was not injured, but it seemed to know that the boy was. He carefully slipped the little slug into one of his pockets as the pilot of the speeder approached them.

?Stupid kid wrecked my speeder,? the stout pallid-skinned man roared. The man?s face was red and his fists were clenched into balls at his sides. He surveyed the damages to his vehicle for a moment before he whirled around to face Qui-Gon and the unconscious child. His beady gray eyes were full of antagonism as he glared at them.

?He?s injured; so leave him alone,? snapped the elderly woman standing next to the pile of cast off rags near where the youngster lay.

?He?s just a homeless brat who dented my speeder. He has no business running through the streets like that, or even being on this planet in the first place. I?m going to drag his worthless hide to the authorities. They?ve warned him before; now he will be taken off the streets and put behind bars where he belongs.? The man looked away from the old woman and stepped toward Qui-Gon.

The Jedi quickly stood, ?You will not touch this boy,? Qui-Gon ordered the man. He stared down into angry eyes before he continued, ?I?m a Jedi Master and this boy is coming to Coruscant with me.?

?You don?t look like a Jedi to me, old man.?

?I?m undercover. Now leave or I?ll report you to the local authorities for interfering with official Jedi business.?

?Just keep that brat away from me,? the man growled. His frazzled gray/brown hair blew across his face as he spun around to examine the damages to his slightly dented speeder.

Qui-Gon watched him climb back into the speeder and leave before turning his attention back to the youngster who was now awake and trying to get up. Bending down on one knee, the Jedi scooped the child up into his arms, mindful of the boy?s injuries and the small creature nestled in the warmth of his inner shirt pocket.

?Please sir, I can?t b-be a slave,? the boy rasped. Again fear clouded the young one?s beautiful eyes.

?I?m not going to make you a slave, Obi-Wan. I?m going to take you home,? he assured him as he sent waves of calm to the lad through the Force. He carried the protesting child through the busy streets of Luzick City.

?Home?? Ben questioned. ?I? I don?t have a home; and who is Obi-Wan??

He looked into Ben?s now calm blue/green eyes. Mace had seemed positive that this boy was the missing Padawan, Obi-Wan Kenobi. He had not admitted it, but Qui-Gon had noticed a momentary spark of hope in the Council member?s dark eyes when they had discussed the Padawan.

?I suppose I thought you were someone else,? Qui-Gon told him. The child?s pain filled eyes glared at him.

?You m-made me get hit by a speeder because you thought I was someone else,? he closed his eyes against the pain that assaulted his body.

?I did not cause you to run away from me. If you would have spoken to me, you would not have been injured.?

?If you?re looking for s-someone else, why don?t you put me down and go find this Obi-Wan person??

?I?m going to take you to the healers. You have three broken ribs, two bruised ribs, and numerous cuts and bruises.?

?No you can?t. They won?t heal me,? he pleaded. ?I?ll be fine on my own, please just?? the boy again closed his eyes against the pain. When he opened them again he took a slow haggard breath and continued, ?Just let me go. I?ve been hurt worse than this; I?ll be fine.?

?You were living under a tree in the garden and stealing. I don?t think you were fine. You?re afraid of everyone you see.?

The boy?s eyes widened as he stared up into Qui-Gon?s sapphire eyes. ?I was hungry. Cyjeon was hungry too. The droids and Luzick?s who work there would have thrown it
    away. It was a perfectly fine piece of bread but I lost it anyway.?

Qui-Gon had not seen what the boy had removed from the table. He had assumed that Ben took the credits that the couple left on the table as a tip. ?Why

15. Keeper_of_Swords

Sep 20, 2003
    Good continuation.

These parts were great...?No. I can sense a conflict deep inside you. You?re afraid to trust me. You?re afraid I?m lying and that I only want to hurt you. However, I also sense that part of you is tired of your life, the part that wants to know who you are and where you?re from.? Qui-Gon watched the boy?s image replicated in the window. Surprise, fear, and then a glint of hope crossed his face as he shifted his feet from side to side.

After giving a Corellian man a ride to Alderaan where his eldest son had been killed after a disagreement over death sticks two weeks ago, Qui-Gon realized he belonged with the Jedi.

Nice how you created a flashback with Qui-Gon?s thinking...

Qui-Gon realized after comparing the way that he had taught his first Apprentice Annock with Xanatos that they were both trained the same way. Annock was now a Knight; training his own Padawan and he had been eager to learn. He had used Qui-Gon?s criticism to improve his forms and lightsaber skills. Xanatos however, was more stubborn; he would rather argue. He had often accused Qui-Gon of expecting the impossible. He now recognized that Annock had always walked the path of light while Xanatos constantly teetered on the edge of the dark side.

When Qui-Gon was forced to kill Xanatos Crion?s father, it was the push that sent the young man over the edge, making it impossible for anyone to pull him back.

16. Bekah_K

Bekah_K Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 3, 2002
    This is a great fic!

I hope the Jedi are able to help Ben when they reach Coruscant. And hopefully, he is Obi-Wan.

~Bek

17. masterobiwankenobi

Mar 1, 2003
    JediVeloJinn: Thanks for letting me know that you are there. I'm shy too at times, and I don't always review stories, because I'm not always sure of what I should say. I'm glad I'm not the only one. :)

Keeper_of_Swords: Thank you, I was worried about the whole flash back scene, and whether or not it sounded ok. :)

Bekah_K: You'll find out next chapter whether Ben is Obi-Wan or not. ;) I'm glad that you are enjoying the story.

I'm not going to tell you guys when I think the next chapter should be done, because last time i did that real life took over and prevented me from posting when i planned to. Hopefully it won't take too long though.

Peggy

18. anekasolo

Feb 16, 2001
    wonderful, well worth the wait.

for some reason I originally imagined Cyjeon to be a furry ball, and now I can't seem to get the picture of a furry slug out of my head :)

19. anekasolo

Feb 16, 2001
    Is any one there?

20. masterobiwankenobi

Mar 1, 2003
    anekasolo: i'm sorry that it's taking so long to update. chapter three is finished, and i'm just waiting to getting it back from my beta reader. in it you'll learn whether or not ben is obi-wan or another padawan.

i'd like to apologize in advance for chapter four. i've only been able to get a couple of pargraphs done with it. my son is better from why he had to go to the hospital, but now we found out that he has worse problems and has to go to a doctor an hour and half from where i live. it might not take as long as i think to finish though, because writing is the only thing that keeps me sane right now.

i thought you all should know why it has been going so slow lately with updates. i'm sorry for the long reply, but it actually feels good to get this off my chest and let you know what's taking so long. i will definately finish it, i already have a summary of what i plan to happen in upcoming chapters.

thanks for your patience.

Peggy

21. masterobiwankenobi

Mar 1, 2003
    ?Is that the Temple?? Ben asked as he intently studied the large building that quickly grew larger in the cockpit window. The building was a huge ziggurat with five towers extending high into the Coruscant skyline. The structures towered over other buildings causing it to stand out like a single red rose in a field of White Cornine flowers.

?Yes, that?s the Temple,? Qui-Gon replied.

Ben remembered reading about the Temple and its five spires at the library on Luzick, but he never imagined just how large it would look in person.

?It?s the biggest building on the planet,? the youngster commented. ?Did you grow up there??

Qui-Gon chuckled, ?Yes I was raised there from the time I was a baby.? From the pilot?s seat, the older man started his decent toward the massive building.

Ben?s heart began to beat faster. He could see four humanoid people waiting for them in the landing area. All four wore Jedi robes. One of the people was very small. Ben wondered if it was a child, perhaps a friend of the missing Padawan. He knew that no matter weather he was Obi-Wan or not this would be a very awkward meeting.

Qui-Gon expertly landed his star ship and began to power down the vessel. ?Are you ready?? he asked the teenager.

?No, but I don?t have a choice do I?? Ben grumbled. He put his hand in the pocket of the oversized clothing that Qui-Gon had loaned him and gently rubbed his finger over the length of Cyjeon?s body. The rough texture of the little creature?s pale green scales reassured him that at least his friend was still with him.

?Don?t worry Obi? Ben, they won?t hurt you,? Qui-Gon assured him.

?I know,? he lied.

Qui-Gon led the young man out of the ship and down the ramp to where Masters Mace Windu, Adi Gallia, Ki-Adi Mundi, and Yoda stood waiting. Qui-Gon could sense the boy following close behind, his turbulent emotions swirling around him. He sensed relief, anxiety, and fear radiating off Ben.

?Qui-Gon, it?s good to see you again,? Mace smiled as he greeted his friend.

?It?s good to see you in person, Master Windu,? Qui-Gon nodded.

When he reached the bottom of the ramp, Qui-Gon stepped aside to let the four Masters see the boy.

Mace looked down at Yoda, while Ki-Adi and Adi shared a glance between themselves.

After a long minute of what Qui-Gon could only call stunned silence, Yoda finally spoke. ?Glad I am to see you alive and well Padawan Kenobi,? Yoda said taking a step closer to Ben.

?You know me? I?m your missing Padawan?? Ben asked. He seemed as surprised to find out he was the missing Padawan as the others were to discover that he was alive and now safely back at the temple, where he belonged.

?Obi-Wan Kenobi you are,? Master Yoda stated.

?Don?t you know who you are?? Ki-Adi asked.

?He has amnesia,? Qui-Gon informed them.

?Amnesia,? Mace repeated and glanced down at Yoda again. The two Council members were obviously communicating through the bond that all Council members shared.

?We are glad to have you back at the temple where you belong Obi-Wan,? Adi assured him.

Ben looked up at Qui-Gon who watched Mace?s reaction carefully. The tall man put his hand reassuringly on the boy?s shoulder and sent waves of reassurance to him through the Force.

?Inside we should go,? Yoda suggested.

?Yes,? Qui-Gon agreed, ?I need to take Obi-Wan to the healers.?

Yoda nodded glancing up at the boy and then at Qui-Gon, ?Clothing that fits also he needs.?

?I must go and check on my Padawan,? Master Gallia interjected, ?I?ll send a clean tunic in his size to the healers.?

Yoda nodded and the female Council member started to walk toward the entranceway to the temple.

?Obi-Wan,? Qui-Gon began, ?This is Master Yoda, Master Ki-Adi Mundi, and Master Mace Windu. They are all members of the Jedi Council.?

Obi-Wan anxiously glanced up at Qui-Gon before answering, ?It?s nice to meet you.?

Mace and Yoda once again glanced at one another and then looked at the boy. ?We better get you to the healers,? Mace finally remarked as h

22. Xeana

Xeana Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 9, 2003

[face_shocked]

They can't kick Obi-Wan out of the Temple!

Whoa! I wonder what's going to happen when Obi-Wan meets Bant? Or even Bruck!

That'd be interesting. ;)

23. masterobiwankenobi

Mar 1, 2003
    Xeana,

Next chapter Obi will meet his friends, it's already finished.
    i'm just waiting to get it back from my beta reader. :)
    the update won't take as long this time. ;)

Peggy

24. Keeper_of_Swords

Sep 20, 2003
    Well written. A bit creepy,the memory loss.

25. anekasolo

Feb 16, 2001
    Come on , Obi-Wan, you can recover. I know you can.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.